Anet just add Precursor vendor!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

1300g for a precursor… it’s so okay. Leave it as is.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Sell precursors for blade shards \o/

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Add a NPC who will forge a precursor with Ancient Shards.

Each map has 2 Ancient Shards, hidden completly at random for each player. Could be in a Jumping Puzzle, could be in a Dungeon, could be in a remote corner of a map.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

100% Map – 1 Precursor Token.
Level 49% FOTM – 1 Precursor Token.
Rank 500 WvW – 1 Precursor Token.
Dungeon Master – 1 Precursor Token.
X sPvP wins – 1 Precursor Token.

5 Precursor Tokens – 1 Precursor.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

IMO a precursor vendor wouldn’t be worse than what we have now. But it wouldn’t be better.

Everything that’s wrong about a precursor is wrong because, for all practical, purposes you have to buy one. Making a vendor who sells them isn’t going to fix it.

ANet is way too afraid of giving people decent loot.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you can’t just place a price limit on an item on the TP. markets don’t work that way. If the price for Spark is 1300g and Anet puts a 500g limit on it’s price, it simply won’t sell. No one would sell it for 500g. There would be 300,000 buy orders and 0 listed. How would this happen? for the most part, people would stop forging it. but any drops of it people get, they would craft the legendary and sell that instead, because the price of the Incinerator would go up 200% due to lack of supply of it’s precursor.

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

you can’t just place a price limit on an item on the TP. markets don’t work that way. If the price for Spark is 1300g and Anet puts a 500g limit on it’s price, it simply won’t sell. No one would sell it for 500g. There would be 300,000 buy orders and 0 listed. How would this happen? for the most part, people would stop forging it. but any drops of it people get, they would craft the legendary and sell that instead, because the price of the Incinerator would go up 200% due to lack of supply of it’s precursor.

I get what you’re saying, but I need to point out that making the precursor available to anyone for 500g would hardly create a lack of supply. No one would need the TP because 500g is much more attainable than 1200. Therefore more legendaries crafted, therefore lower prices.

Not saying I want a vendor, I just hate faulty logic.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“Asking people to “save up 1000G” is insane.”

The price is only 1000 gold because some people will pay 1000 gold. You are not competing against the trading post to buy any item. You are competing against what other players will pay. One implication is that any casual player who wants to buy an item after a moderate time is probably competing against many hardcore players who want to buy the item after investing an awful lot of time. Is it insane to spend a lot of time farming virtual coin for virtual rewards? Ask yourself that before you spend your time doing it.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

“Asking people to “save up 1000G” is insane.”

The price is only 1000 gold because some people will pay 1000 gold. You are not competing against the trading post to buy any item. You are competing against what other players will pay. One implication is that any casual player who wants to buy an item after a moderate time is probably competing against many hardcore players who want to buy the item after investing an awful lot of time. Is it insane to spend a lot of time farming virtual coin for virtual rewards? Ask yourself that before you spend your time doing it.

Two words: Market Manipulation and post-launch precursor-related bugs. (oops! more than two words, I apologize)

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

100% Map – 1 Precursor Token.
Level 49% FOTM – 1 Precursor Token.
Rank 500 WvW – 1 Precursor Token.
Dungeon Master – 1 Precursor Token.
X sPvP wins – 1 Precursor Token.

5 Precursor Tokens – 1 Precursor.

Not really a well thought out idea. You get two Gifts of exploration, so once you clear the initial phase of the idea, where do you go from there? Not to mention people would kitten on a massive scale for being forced into the PvP arenas since they are not really part of the overall game.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m not specifically talking about precursors themselves when I say that it wouldn’t hurt to make certain things available from vendors directly. Like Lodestones, Sigils, Runes, Ectos, Dusts. It would help people get rid of their useless surplus of Karma/Tier 7 materials who will never make ascended gear for themselves ever.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Just be aware that causing more precursors to be present/available will increase the number of people working on a legendary.

What do you think that will do to the supply of the other components? What happens when supply changes in that way? Show your work.

Even assuming Anet cares (they don’t), there’s nothing stopping them from increasing the supply of anything they like. And honestly there’s a lot of mats out there that really need a better/guaranteed method of acquisition anyway (lodestones, silver dubloons, giant eyes, etc).

t6 mats, meanwhile, can be bought with laurels (which means both that you can get t6 without paying a cent, and that people will turn laurels into t6 mats to sell them like they did with dyes in the past).