HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

pro tip to anet

when u started ur game in china u asked costomer which price they could accept.

the same here in the west would saved u some red ears

anyhow wish u luck I will stay at core game.

thank u very much

Posted by: blipplfc.4318

blipplfc.4318

would be nice to get a charater slot included in the standard edition so i dont have to bye a character slot to use the new class that come with HOT

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

This is quite laughable. I love the amount of people who think they’re entitled to free stuff just because they’re veterans . The only greedy people here are people asking for free stuff. You’re still paying the price for the expansion as everyone else. If you own the core game already since launch, GREAT! You have enjoyed 3 years of free updates and support for the game while you probably have stacked hundreds of thousands of hours for game who only have to pay once for. Not only that but the free updates and support will continue you to come before and after the expansion. /Thread

You keep using that word “free”. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Incorrect. New players get the base game for $0. Whatever we paid in the past for the game, be it $15 or $60, it is still more than $0. We do not get an extra copy of the base game. New players are de facto getting a better deal than any veteran player ever could, because regardless of the cost of the game in the past, it is still greater than 0. There is no way around that.

Or you can look at it this way. For $50 both you and a new player can play in exactly the same world when HoT comes out. The money you paid for the core game (be it $15 or $60) bought you enjoyment and progression in the game world from the point of purchase up until today when you could in theory preorder HoT. The enjoyment you received in that time is worth more than $0, hence why you paid more than $0.

Or you could look at it in the terms of pure economics: the value of including a “free” copy of the base game is voided if you already own it. Therefore there is no value in it, you do not get anything except the expansion, and their news and order pages should reflect this.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: dragosf.3291

dragosf.3291

How self-entitled must one be to believe they deserve more than what they’re paying for?

How blind must one be to pay more than the real value of a product, while others get to have a 50$ discount.

Value is subjective. I pay to support the company that provided me with over 3500 hours of enyertainment. I put value on more than just the “objects” we get in the game.

I don’t think I need to remind you that you have the option to simply not buy the expansion.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Admin will infract your post, because you said forbiden words. Try to delete “insults” because he will give you 1 -5 infraction points. Do it fast before he infract you.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I didnt notice this thread and started a similar one with the below.

I’m unsure why the UK cost of the expansion is way more when converted from US dollars. I have rounded the prices up to nearest whole number.
US/UK/actual exchange rate.
Pack1 £50 / £35 / £32
Pack2 $75 / £60 / £48
Pack3 £100 / £80 / £63
As you can see the last figures are a lot lower than the charges on the site.
Seems we are getting a bad deal on exchange rates.

I’m sorry but those prices for an expansion are far too high, i paid less for the actual game.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

it’s actualy 45 euros, roughly same as the 50 bucks.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I don’t care if it’s cheap or expensive, the point is that I don’t want to pay for something I already own.

Which is?

Which is the core game.

You’re not paying for the core game, it’s included for free. As a bonus for those who don’t have it.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If you don’t think you have enough information to make a decision about whether or not to pre-purchase the expansion, don’t pre-purchase the expansion. ANet probably aren’t planning to send ninjas to your house if you wait a month or two.

Most MMO connoisseurs consider FFXIV to have far more content than GW2, even though it’s far smaller on paper. Numbers and quantities don’t count for much, because again, it’s the quality that matters, and that’s not something you can judge from “five maps and a new class” or whatever.

ffxiv has a smaller open world, but a fairly expansive amount of instanced content. but yeah, im waiting to see whats actually in the expansion, and when its coming out before i buy it.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Interesting fact:
Most games’ expansion in NA cost 49.99 on default. (even those games with sub fee)
The price is fair tbh.

The core game is cheap now that you can get it with 10 dollars during discount period or maybe ebay. So the truth is the price of expansion is $50 dollars. It’s not really a “bundle price”, it’s the expansion price with a maybe 10 dollar worth of game attached to it.

If you find the x-pac to be too expensive, just don’t buy it. Maybe use that money to buy your meal that would be consumed in 2~3 days. Maybe just find a part-time job to earn 60 dollars in one day and buy the game too.

Seeing how the outburst of the community, I actually clearly see the picture of what’s the most common age-group of this game . No wonder so many nonconstructive posts in the forum.

what I’m mostly worried about is the content for the price tag. I can’t trust anet after how they have released content for the game so far. But if there is enough content to amount to the $50 then yes then its totally fair.

Something I can finally agree with. I’m honestly not that worried about running out of content for myself to play but I do think that this price warrants continued additional content later down the line, such as more elite specs, and possibly even more aesthetics like an additional race to play as.

Only time will tell (or Anet themselves) what is in store for after HoT is released.

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I share the same opinion as the OP.

(edited by Tabootrinket.2631)

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I don’t understand why people are raging so hard. I mean yes $50 is quite a lot but it almost seems like nobody here has ever bought another game before. Let’s have a look shall we:

Evolve: $60 Pre-purchase
GTA V: $60 Pre-purchase
ArcheAge: $50 Founderspack
Sims 4: $60 Pre-purchase
WoW Mists of Pandaria: $40 Pre-purchase
Wildstar: $56 Pre-purchase

And so forth…. and if you think you get way more content for that you’re terribly misinformed. From the glimpse we seen of HoT we’re almost, virtually getting a new game and knowing Anet they will probably add tons of more, FREE content thereafter.

People keep complaining all the time how they would pay a subscription if it meant more content, then they give you a big chunk of content at a reasonable price in comparison to the rest of the market and people complain???

You would’ve easily paid about $300 by now if you had to subscribe and WoW even still makes you buy the expansion ON TOP of that. I think it’s appalling that people had this game with TONS of free content for TWO years and they STILL want everything just handed to them??? Do you WANT Arenanet to go bankrupt? Come on people… get real…

I know paying so much money sucks but this is the reality of the gaming market. GW2 is a triple A title and is the most popular after WoW. This is an amount completely to be expected in line with most other games of this quality or even lesser quality (Like ArcheAGe). If you want to buy it for cheaper wait for a sale….

As for the paying for the base game, you’re not paying for the base game you’re paying for the expansion as they have explained. New people just get the old game for FREE which is more than people can say for the WoW base game, I clearly remember that some expansions you got free but still had to pay for the rest.

Now can we all go back to talking about how awesome the Guild Halls and Arena thing looks!

Oh wow…

Evolve: one trick pony overpriced hype game
GTA V: a rare HQ game actually worth its money if you like that genre
ArcheAge: free – a whole game, imagine that!
Sims 4: 500$ rehashed game spread over 12 addons
WoW Mists of Pandaria: oh wait look here a 40$ expansion pack… so how much do expansions go for nowadays compared to full priced games?
Wildstar: overpriced cartoony game i dont care about

There are games worth the money and there are games not worth a cent. There are people with money to spare and there are those who need to make informed decisions on what to buy.

Were 2 full GW1 accs worth my money? Yes, i clocked over 10k hours between them.
Was GW2 worth its money? Yes, 3k hours.
Does HoT look like it values up to the above? Not with that price tag and that lackluster feature set it doesnt. Not by a long shot.
In fact you dont even get to have one of the features if you filled your character slots!
In fact it costs more than the original game did for me!
In fact i as an existing customer am not getting anything for free.

This is nothing but a cash grab aimed at very loyal customers no less.

ANET is not a charity. It is a corporation. It needs to have more and more money – not to survive but to keep the investors happy. If it doesnt care anymore how and in what way that is done and wants to screw with its loyal customers it can go bankrupt right away and save us all the time.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

Ok so Yes last minute change but remember the nothing is forsure until it’s forsure. They also have some sort of we can change anything at anytime clause tat is pretty much standard with all companies.

I think the addition of the core is a good thing, they just need to make sure that everyone gets to enjoy the expansion content that was advertised at launch as would be for the price they advertise. So I should be able to play all of the expansion content for the price of 49.99 that they are advertising.

Currently I cannot under what we currently know to be true. I would need to spent additional in order to do so.

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Hot should be no more than a $35 entry fee for existing players. From there we can choose to buy an additional character slot from the gem store at any time. Having additional bundles with extra’s is fine. It’s the $50 flat entry fee that’s the problem for me as it’s basically full game pricing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: nerevar.6247

nerevar.6247

Defending Anet to the very end. How noble.

/thread

Sorry that I don’t have the same opinion as you but I’m not defending anyone. I don’t have a problem with you defending you’re egotistical self no problem at all.

(edited by nerevar.6247)

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

It’s sad to see a game as good as this take a turn for the worst. Keeping this a secret from the players for so long without attempting to get some good feedback and then springing this plan out of the blue…I just hope they don’t do anything drastic like declaring that we’ll only be able to play PvE if we buy the expansion. I’m not saying it will happen, but with the sneaky changes they made in the FAQs regarding the expansion, it’s looking possible now.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Not paying $50 for an expansion unless it has = content as the base game as I got character slots with the base game for almost the same price… what a rip off.

Posted by: superveemon.6738

superveemon.6738

Guys, there’s a term “Time value of money.” At its most basic level it means that money now is worth more than money later. Similarly, getting into an MMO at the ground level is worth more than getting into it later. You’ve had much more time to play the game and many more opportunities to progress than new players.

Let’s say that back when GW2 first came out, you went to buy it and were given an offer. You can buy the game now at full price and play it, OR wait for three years and you’ll get the game for free when you buy the expansion. I guarantee most if not all of you would have went with the buy now option. The core game was worth more when it came out than it is now. The new players are not getting a better deal than you.

I’m sorry, but i have to disagree on this one. One of the advantages of this game is that it’s easy to get to level 80, meaning it’s easy to get to the level of veteran players (a friend of mine got a copy of the game from me about a month ago, after me. He got to level 80 before me, and has obtained 100% map completion; his 2 crafting professions are about 400, and his second character is already over level 40). Time is not an advantage here, rather the “perseverance” of playing every day and constantly.
New player can easily beat a veteran if they play the game a lot everyday.
And the problem here is that 50$ is not the expansion, it’s the full game, meaning they’re forcing us to buy the game again just to get the expansion, with the poor excuse of the price being “the expansion + free core game” (unless it was a miswriting).
And it’s true that new player are not getting a better deal than us, because we’re getting the same deal as newcomers. We are forced to buy the whole thing again as if we were playing the game for the first time.
I’m fine with the price, but i’m completely against the idea of buying the game again; and that lie about the price won’t certainly help me view it differently.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Maybe if you gave me season 1 for free , brought back sab and gave me 4 extra character slots then maybe.

This reminds me of gw1 collectors edition which i got for 15 euros and had all the games, and the people that bought all the expansions normally .

(edited by MarkoNS.3261)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

45€ hahahaha they must be crazy…..100€ LOL.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

“So, new players are more important to you than the fan base that’s been funding you with gem store purchases for the last few years? Nice to know. Don’t get me wrong, im glad you’re throwing them a bone. Nothing irks me quite like buying something only for that something to be discontinued and re added with a bazillion perks/additions for the same cost (In this case, an expansion). But uhm, your current fan base, and the ones who’ve stuck around.. They should matter too.”
Found this comment in the wall-o-texts there. This guy deserves medal of honor.

So you and that poster are suggesting we outlaw promotions now? And if we do excatly who will benefit? all you’re saying here is if I dont get nice things, no one should get nice things!

Suggesting that Anet isnt fair with the price. The price may be fair for newcomers, but what about vets? What about ppl who bought the game 3 weeks ago for example? 50$ for an expansion AND the core game we already have, and not even some gems in that absurd price.

Anet already said if you recently bought Gw2 you get it turned into a pre-purchase just contact support.

Besides why isnt it a fair price? are they charging more then other MMOs charged for their expansions released in the last couple of years? Checking FFXIV and WoW they charged exactly the same amount for example, only difference FFXIV charges $10 more if you want the base game.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“because, again, it’s the amount of good content that matters”

What part of the core game wasn’t considered “good” out of curiosity? Because when i think about it like how you say, i still see it as being terrible deal for the expansion lol.

Also you are undervaluing how important “amount” is. By this i am absolutely not excluding quality….but even that quality wasn’t presented to us so how could u know the quality is so big as to counter the quantity?

By undervaluing “amount” i mean that altho the quality of a product is good, if there’s not much you can do with that quality, the product becomes useless (sooner or later). Quantity “of stuff” is what keeps ppl playing an mmo. Quality “of stuff” consolidates the playerbase IMO.

Right now GW2 offers a very good quality in the mmo field…but because of the lack of quantity..a lot of ppl got bored and either just do dailies or quit all together.

Also remember there’s not much quality & quantity you can add to this game untill you change the directx and 32bit state of the game. This game right now is extremely limited in what it could offer us. Tech wise i was honestly sure they would have announced it on day 1..i am still surprised they choose to limit their potential to stone-age level.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

Did people go insane and claw the walls when they merged the original GW trilogy in to one pack for a lower cost?

Did they go mad and scream scam when WoW merged it’s first three expansions in to the base game cost?

No problem about merging existing things but this is not the case. It’s an expansion you must buy with base game from the very beginning.

Posted by: nerevar.6247

nerevar.6247

This is quite laughable. I love the amount of people who think they’re entitled to free stuff just because they’re veterans . The only greedy people here are people asking for free stuff. You’re still paying the price for the expansion as everyone else. If you own the core game already since launch, GREAT! You have enjoyed 3 years of free updates and support for the game while you probably have stacked hundreds of thousands of hours for game who only have to pay once for. Not only that but the free updates and support will continue you to come before and after the expansion. /Thread

You keep using that word “free”. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Please do tell how you would come to that conclusion. With that kind of reply, I’m not sure if you know what “free” means..

(edited by nerevar.6247)

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Its not fair. Hardcore will buy it, casuals…..won’t.

Posted by: Rahkylus.8097

Rahkylus.8097

I see 3 options for ANet:
1 – Lower the price as an expansion only pack (wich i dont see happening)
2 – Keep the price but add the option: if used to upgrade an existing account get extra gems or just character slot
3 – Do nothing and see a huge part of the current player base leave…
Your strategy atm is making the current player not buy HoT, buy it and feel robbed and/or get laughed at by the new player for having bought the game TWICE, and make the incoming returning mass of players leave once more…
Also announcing this at E3 makes many ppl think about using the money saved for HoT to buy another game like Fallout 4 wich are much more worth in terms of price. like said in repplies above you are making regular veterans abandon the idea of purchase and keeping only the ones with tons of money and some new players. Not a wise strategy ANet.
Please make some ammends to this situation.

Sincerely a huge fan of the GW world

(edited by Rahkylus.8097)

Posted by: Terry.4706

Terry.4706

Is HoT digital only or there will be a hard copy for sale too?

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I think the bigger misstep in marketing was the lack of character slot. It’s basically a neon sign saying “We’re really greedy and will squeeze you for every penny we can!”

Marketing is a form of flirting with ur customer,,,,

and anet is not good in makeing eye contact

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

I’d be happy if they included a character slot instead of the base game for existing players tbh. It’s quite ridiculous that many people have already paid ~$30 cash or equivalent gold to make 1 of each class, and now these players will have to buy another slot just to experience one of the big selling points of the expansion.

elite specs ruined pvp.

Posted by: Giland.4507

Giland.4507

They could get mad and cancel the expansion due to all the complaining about the price point. It’s a alot of work to make this content and we are getting alot of add ons to the classes if they done it right they should be like re-leveling you class all over again basically making it like adding alot of classes. So Anet thank you, but treat us fairly let us play the Revenant at launch and for the love of Jim Bob talk to the people and don’t tell them everything about the expansion but let them know there is more than you are telling us.

“In the end, we are all just killers and we couldn’t be bothered to care.”

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

Veteran players have gotten almost three years of game time and free updates that new players will never have/experience (unless they pay for the Living Story stuff). If you think all that is worthless, then I’m not sure why you care about HoT in the first place.

That’s all great and well, but none of the above applies to someone who bought the game recently. I feel sorry for someone who bought the game say, a month ago. They now have to pay $50 for HoT when they could have purchased HoT and received the base game free now. They don’t have three years of Living Story content to play through.

I’m honestly amazed that applying the standard expansion key to an existing account doesn’t net an existing player something in the form of gems, an extra character slot etc.

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Interesting fact:
Most games’ expansion in NA cost 49.99 on default. (even those games with sub fee)
The price is fair tbh.

The core game is cheap now that you can get it with 10 dollars during discount period or maybe ebay. So the truth is the price of expansion is $50 dollars. It’s not really a “bundle price”, it’s the expansion price with a maybe 10 dollar worth of game attached to it. Also this x-pac price is a continuation fee with continuate updates as HoT expand. It is not a one time end of deal purchase where you buy a single player game and the content will always be fixed amount.

If you find the x-pac to be too expensive, just don’t buy it. Maybe use that money to buy your meal that would be consumed in 2~3 days. Maybe just find a part-time job to earn 60 dollars in one day and buy the game too.

Seeing how the outburst of the community, I actually clearly see the picture of what’s the most common age-group of this game . No wonder so many nonconstructive posts in the forum.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I’m assuming there will be no physical copies, otherwise those would have been preorderable, too.

I’m honestly glad about this, to be quite honest. Yes, it means no physical goodies, but it also means faster deployment of HoT, given the time, money and effort international distribution of physical copies would take

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I didnt notice this thread and started a similar one with the below.

I’m unsure why the UK cost of the expansion is way more when converted from US dollars. I have rounded the prices up to nearest whole number.
US/UK/actual exchange rate.
Pack1 £50 / £35 / £32
Pack2 $75 / £60 / £48
Pack3 £100 / £80 / £63
As you can see the last figures are a lot lower than the charges on the site.
Seems we are getting a bad deal on exchange rates.

I’m sorry but those prices for an expansion are far too high, i paid less for the actual game.

for the million time, in the uk you pay VAT , its not simply exchanging currency. This is how your table should show
US/UK/actual exchange rate/actual exchange rate + 20% vat.
Pack1 $50 / £35 / £31.76 / £38.40
Pack2 $75 / £60 / £47.64 / £57.60
Pack3 $100 / £80 / £63.53 /£ 75.60

base pack is actually cheaper then it should be, perhaps they have a situation where they dont pay taxes on order less then $50?

The others are just slighly her then they should be but keep in mind different banks charge different rates of exchange + some also charge money for the transactions so it will never be 100%.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

apTooN.6283

Wondrouswall.7169:

There just needs to be more options available. Having options won’t detract from this. The current 3 packages are fine and encourages new players into the game. However, all of these issues could have been avoided if there were options available for those that already own the core game and want only the expansion.

Heart of Thorns Expansion ONLY Standard. Price $29.99-39.99
Heart of Thorns Expansion ONLY Deluxe (same extras). Price $54.99-64.99
Heart of Thorns Expansion ONLY Ultimate (same extras). Price $79.99-89.99

The price has some flexibility, but overall, more options are better. For the consumers, the fans, and the people at ArenaNet, the extra time and effort to add these additional options would be well worth it.

My 2 cents. Cheers.

if they priced it with a few $ off, there would still be enough People screaming: “Why did i have to pay 60$ for the Base earlier and 40 for the Expansion while New Players get both for 50?”

I am not one of those whiney Veterans. I paid 100€ a few minutes ago for the Ultimate Edition and already added the key to my Account. Is it expensive? Yes it is. But compared to other MMOs i have payed ~160-200 € over the last 3 years for the DDE and HoT Ultimate (not counting buying Gems, as that has no relevance in this matter). In a Sub Based MMO it would have been at least 540€ for the Subscription alone.

So you are saying that not being able to play the new class that is a good portion of what makes the expansion and saying that it is not of equal value when new comers can, makes us whiny, correct?

The tone makes the Music. If you keep it civilized and calm, I won’t count you to the “OMG Kitten you ANet” Crowd. Yes the Thing with the Char Slot is not the best decision they made but it is no reason to flip tables like 99% of the Whiney Veterans do.

Newcomers get the same Number of Slots like you did back in the day with your original purchase. The Reason they can play Revenant and you can not is because they have no Characters. On the Flip side, you have almost 3 years of Playtime as an advantage. Newcomers can not blast their Revenant to 80 with Full Equip within 5 Minutes like we Veterans can. They have to work for the Stuff like we did back in the Day when we created our first Toon.

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

Anet already said if you recently bought Gw2 you get it turned into a pre-purchase just contact support.

What about people who bought GW2 not recently, like those – such as me – who pre-purchased it in 2012? What do they get?

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

Instead of pre-purchasing, why not wait and read reviews? It could be the best thing since sliced bread or could be matter expulsed from satan’s bowels.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Giland it just adds to the douchbagginess vibe the majority is getting from this overall fiasco. Is it normal if specified somewhere? yes. Does that mean they should make it specially in this circumstance? You decide.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Base expansion should have a character slot like in gw1

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

Core game is a free bonus to a set Heart of Thorns price to incentivize new players to get the game and not have them pay double.

Your post is pointless.

Nobody misses you. Go away.

As the white Knight emerged from the mists of foolishness, he failed to realize his kingdom was ruled by a dishonorable king.

riparonies.

$50 for an expansion 3 years late to a game with no real content for players that have been playing since day one. Nothing like being treated like a peasant by a game company.

In all honesty. Anet owes its players a whole lot. This expac should be only $30 for people that have the core game already. After being constantly reminded that nothing major was going to come out month after month. This seems pretty horrid.

If the expac is not worth that price tag then I truly do feel sad for us veteran players that have stuck with the game since day one. With the hope of something to do in the game other than running around repeating the same thing since the first year.

Haha, no real contents huh.
If there’s really 0 content why’re you still playing? The hyperbole in this forum is just laughable. Maybe you should play those games with raids and gear treadmills for the real contents.

Answering just for myself:
I have played a lot of games. Most of them had a major feature pack every 6 months. Large new zones to explore, new PVP matches, new dungeons, new WvW objectives, new world bosses, new classes, new races… different for each game of course, but the emphasis being on LOTS of content, REGULARLY.

Whether you have to pay for these expansions or not is not really relevant for me. It all depended on the game’s income model.

Guild Wars 2 has been severely lacking in adding new stuff. And what we got the past 3 years has been extremely miserly.

Why do I still play? Force of habit really. I do my dailies, maybe a PVP match or two extra, and log out. But that’s not really playing, it’s being in stand-by. I like the core game well enough that I’d like to see it prosper and develop. I don’t, however, like the direction it’s going in. And I very much feel that not offering even 1 extra character slot with the core expansion package is a slap in the face.

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I’m fine with the prices but they should have offered a character slot in every package at the very least.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Where is “I want just my bloody expansion and not a bunch of useless crap” edition of the game for a reasonable price ?

I ain’t playing over 40 euros for an expansion – im maybe mad but not stupid, hell no sir.

If there won’t be a stand alone expansion to buy for not more then 20 euros well.. then i’ll abandon GW due to lack of content for me. (yes 20 euros is max that i’ll pay for expansion because ive obtained GW 2 for 30 and to pay more for an expansion then actual game you have to be braindead)

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

eats popcorn

Meh, saw this scene and event coming.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Maybe they will allow us to have one address tied to the expansion and another to the core? Or at least the one we bought and the freebie have two accounts tied to them?

Many of us have alts for things like storage and stuff. While I do not need to buy the core yet again I would not turn down an extra core game if I have to pay for it to get more content anyway.

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Maybe if you gave me season 1 for free , brought back sab and gave me 4 extra character slots then maybe.

This reminds me of gw1 collectors edition which i got for 15 euros and had all the games, and the people that bought all the expansions normally .

Basically that’s what should have happened if they followed with the logic of “free core game”.
The “free core game” comes with 5 slots. And new players get the possibility to use one of those slots for revenant while getting the full experience of both games.

Veterant players get zero additional slot and pay the same price, so by just buying the expansion, they can’t enjoy revenant, and virtually throw away the equivalent of 5 slots (the “free new core gw2 account”) by tying their HoT copy to their account.

And that’s without getting into the comparison of core/HoT content

Posted by: Salonikios.3154

Salonikios.3154

Bad RnG for my account……i already have deluxe edition of base game and i am asked to buy ULTIMATE?
HELLL NO!!!!!
Black desert comes out in 5 months……just saying….ITS FREE!!!!
Step UP your game Anet….kitten

(edited by Salonikios.3154)

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

it’s simple …

There is a World-Wide exchange rate, like exchanging Dollars into Euros when on holiday or just visiting a more civilised country.

… and then there is the ‘gaming exchange rate’.

Posted by: BlueBerry.7918

BlueBerry.7918

Does anyone know: If I buy ultimate edition, how would that affect my current account? Will I use the ultimate expansion over my first purchased game or do I have to install the game again, using the new KEY and then upgrade to ultimate?

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Just tell me that all this money is going towards FINALLY updating the game from DirectX 9 and maybe you’ll still get my sale. Maybe. And I’ve been waiting to pre-order this since January, and had been planning to pre-order on DAY 1. Still can’t bring myself to press that “Buy” button, though. I mean… $50? Really? For an expansion to a game running on a 10+-year-old engine that still drops the most beastly PC’s down to 15 FPS whenever more than 20 players show up anywhere?

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

(edited by Otokomae.9356)