Anise's Coat Support Thread

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

I’d really like to be able to wear that in game. I hope it comes out eventually. Some NPCs have great armor and they’re already designed in the game, it couldn’t be too hard for Arenanet to release them for the players, could it?

Fairy Tael – Elementalist

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I’d like her whole set… <.<

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I’ve been wanting this outfit since I firt saw it on the artwork! They’d better make it available soon ^^

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: effybuttonmoon.4607

effybuttonmoon.4607

Oh gosh. I previewed, and now i regret it… filled with so much want for this now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

Your character looks really beautiful in this.

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

I rarely visit these forums anymore but I logged in just to say +1

town clothing only

I hope not.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

Posted by: MissWicked.6273

MissWicked.6273

Please let me throw my precious pixel gold at you for either this outfit and/or the Mesmer trainer’s outfit in Queensdale!

Thanks For All The [LOOT]
Yaks Bend

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

The mesmer trainer outfit is soooo awesome too!!! I would like to see both of these sets available for players!

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Anet shown this picture before the game’s release. I still wonder why you cannot have it in game. It’s funny, since it is one of the best looking light armor.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I ready for my 800 gems, yea, Anet, take it, its your, just give us this armor.

Posted by: medohgeuh.4650

medohgeuh.4650

Would pay real money for this. Make it happen, Anet!

Caro.2730

I truly wish we could get some response from ArenaNet about this armor. It would be much better to hear “no”, then nothing at all, but I don’t believe that they would want to waste such beautiful armor solely on a npc.

Anise is so pretty in this. I would want my human females to be pretty as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/beg

I’ve been among those asking for this outfit since….well, launch. Yes plz!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Light.7493

Light.7493

Insta Buy armor but races like Charr/Asura will flood the forums crying about clipping issues.

Posted by: Erendor.7028

Erendor.7028

I’ve also been waiting for this armor set to make it in game. Not only was it in the mesmer skill videos but it was also one of the first armor renders they showed off. I was pretty sad to see that it wasn’t in-game after launch.

There aren’t many light armors that truly capture the feel of mesmers from GW1, but this one most definitely does. We’ve already gotten most of the other major NPC armors but for some reason this one keeps getting left out. Please make it happen Anet!

Attachments:

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I’ve also been waiting for this armor set to make it in game. Not only was it in the mesmer skill videos but it was also one of the first armor renders they showed off. I was pretty sad to see that it wasn’t in-game after launch.

There aren’t many light armors that truly capture the feel of mesmers from GW1, but this one most definitely does. We’ve already gotten most of the other major NPC armors but for some reason this one keeps getting left out. Please make it happen Anet!

I don’t remember seeing the far left medium armor in game, either. Medium armor need more pants and less trench coats and butt capes. Picture related.

Attachments:

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

There’s only one medium armor in that pic.

From left to right :
Light Ascalonian
Heavy Vigil
Heavy something (I’m not too good on heavy armor)
Medium Ascalonian
Anise

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Can I add to this that I want armor like this, too?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emi

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lexi_Price

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Caro.2730

I love this one as well.

Posted by: Vicieux Rose.5910

Vicieux Rose.5910

Love them! Please ANet! It’s a travesty that NPCs look better than my toon! /cry

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Sorry I’m late to the party.

Just few words: give us this skin, devs. You toyed with us enough by teasing it will be available via mesmer videos, just like you did with the town clothing.

Even through the gem store. Let us buy the things we want, not just a chance for the things we want.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Anet shown this picture before the game’s release. I still wonder why you cannot have it in game. It’s funny, since it is one of the best looking light armor.

Not enough skin showing!

Caro.2730

Not enough skin showing!

Tell that to the other half of light armor, which makes you look like a nun. xD

Caro.2730

Okay, as all may noticed, no Anise’s armor this patch. xD

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

+1

Need this armor for my mesmer ever since I saw it in the mesmer video pre-launch. It’s a combat set in the video, so there’s no reason why they can’t work on turning into a light armor set.

Posted by: AeriaElara.4297

AeriaElara.4297

With the upcoming blog post titled “A New Way to Explore the Looks of Guild Wars 2” I’d like to bring attention back to the topic of Anise’s coat. Hopefully there is time for it to be implemented for this new feature patch.

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Must…. have… this…. armor!!

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I guess now when ANet will kick off the wardrobe, it will be easier to make “Anise Outfit” so everyone could use it even in combat

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

If it is one major thing I dislike about GW2 it is all the “heroic” female PCs running around looking like they just fell off a pole. I guess its an asian game thing. If any of the players of these characters are actually female I wonder why they want their “heroic” character to look like she’s ready for bed.

I think that there’s nothing wrong with this type of outfit in general. But the only place I’d want a character to wear it is a Playboy style “pajama party” or in a very private situation lol. Both of which are more suited to Second Life than an Adventure MMO.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

If it is one major thing I dislike about GW2 it is all the “heroic” female PCs running around looking like they just fell off a pole. I guess its an asian game thing. If any of the players of these characters are actually female I wonder why they want their “heroic” character to look like she’s ready for bed.

I think that there’s nothing wrong with this type of outfit in general. But the only place I’d want a character to wear it is a Playboy style “pajama party” or in a very private situation lol. Both of which are more suited to Second Life than an Adventure MMO.

You have a choice and isn’t that games are all about? I am using the armor skin from HoM for my Mesmer. It certainly is not ‘pole armor’. There is armor out there for every taste. Try light exotic crafted armor then.

This game’s female armor is better than most. Complaining about ‘pole dancing’ armor is pretty funny – try TERA, RIFT, etc if you really want to see that.

Attachments:

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

You have a choice and isn’t that games are all about? I am using the armor skin from HoM for my Mesmer. It certainly is not ‘pole armor’. There is armor out there for every taste. Try light exotic crafted armor then.

This game’s female armor is better than most. Complaining about ‘pole dancing’ armor is pretty funny – try TERA, RIFT, etc if you really want to see that.

Nice outfit – love the color combo.

I’m just expressing my opinion. Its true that your armor doesn’t look like it belongs on a pole dancer, but it is still thigh-high boots, no pants and a miniskirt. I don’t have (and won’t make) a human female light armor wearer because there is no light armor that looks like anything I would actually go adventuring in. Maybe with the new wardrobe system there will be outfits I can find that look reasonable: pants, jacket, etc. Thank goodness I can make a female Asura to look like a serious adventurer instead of a girl in a schoolyard or a club scene

I agree that there are other games that are worse but I play Rift also and I don’t think its worse than this game.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Nice outfit – love the color combo.

I’m just expressing my opinion. Its true that your armor doesn’t look like it belongs on a pole dancer, but it is still thigh-high boots, no pants and a miniskirt. I don’t have (and won’t make) a human female light armor wearer because there is no light armor that looks like anything I would actually go adventuring in. Maybe with the new wardrobe system there will be outfits I can find that look reasonable: pants, jacket, etc. Thank goodness I can make a female Asura to look like a serious adventurer instead of a girl in a schoolyard or a club scene

I agree that there are other games that are worse but I play Rift also and I don’t think its worse than this game.

That skin is based on GW1 armor – http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mesmer_armor

You can see that there is variety in which race/profession you play. Here is a pic of my Sylvari Engineer – not pole dancing style at all.

Attachments:

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

I’m just expressing my opinion. Its true that your armor doesn’t look like it belongs on a pole dancer, but it is still thigh-high boots, no pants and a miniskirt. I don’t have (and won’t make) a human female light armor wearer because there is no light armor that looks like anything I would actually go adventuring in.

While I’ve used the “pole dancer” label myself, particularly in regard to the light female starting armor (with the garter belt), I don’t think it’s true that there is no light armor that one would go adventuring in.

This is pretty much stock Devout (leven 20) light armor:

http://i.imgur.com/3iVR2wV.jpg

This outfit is a Stalwart’s Coat (Vigil story reward) along with Acolyte Pants and Boots light armor:

http://i.imgur.com/A5ssbMn.png

The Country (available at the lowest levels) light armor also looks like reasonable adventuring armor to me:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/3/32/Country_armor_human_female_front.jpg

The Student light armor also isn’t that bad.

Attachments:

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Berk.8561)

Posted by: Miss Mie.6731

Miss Mie.6731

(edited by Miss Mie.6731)

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

With the introduction of outfits, I’d imagine the Anise armor becoming available for player use. This way, Anet doesn’t have to dabble in cutting up the armor in specific places in an effort to make it fit better with preexisting armors without clipping.

Now they just have to focus on what males, Charr, and Asura look like.

Also, I wonder if outfits will ever be constrained to armor class.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

That’s one heavy corset armor…

Also that it seems to be “full set”, as it’s has all pieces.
If this were available on it’s own, it propably would cover any other armor pieces…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

Posted by: Soundwave.8739

Soundwave.8739

Please ANet, give us this armor. I’d seriously pay 2000 gems for it!

Posted by: packagedcrisps.6902

packagedcrisps.6902

bump! read this now anet! take my money!

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I am really sick of all these stripper light armors for females. We need something less revealing, classy and yet sexy at the same time like Anise’s armor.

Wait, wut. The armor for females in this game is soooooo mild compared to most games. Heck, half the outfits don’t even show skin.

Go play Tera for a day and then tell me all about the terrible stripper armor in this game.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Please, Please.

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

Um. Bump. The Halloween outfit’s great, but yeah.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

RIP Anise’s coat.

Anise-like outfit means we will never be able to mix and match with that stylish piece of Victorian Gothic clothing.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Outfit? Way to ruin it, Anet.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Since I’ll never get my shorts back, can I have the outfit that some (all?) of the human female repair vendors wear?

Attachments:

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

My thoughts exactly when Shaman posted that it was an outfit. It just couldn’t be made into a separate armor…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

My thoughts exactly when Shaman posted that it was an outfit. It just couldn’t be made into a separate armor…

My human female engie is happy at the thought she can wear this outfit.

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Yes, it appears that mix and match is a thing of the past. I wouldn’t be surprised if they never made another armor set and just made everything an outfit.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

My human female engie is happy at the thought she can wear this outfit.

I’m actually completely okay with this one being an outfit. The two characters I want to wear it are medium and heavy armor, so this works for me personally. I get that isn’t the case for everyone, though.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

If it really is an outfit I will be SO disappointed. I was looking forward to mix and matching that top.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I wonder what it looks like on female Asura and Charr though. They might have to wear the male version which is a male Mesmer themed jacket and pants.