Anniversary Sales [End.]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Quick question on the shadow and flame dye kits? If I wanted to sell them can I? I mean I open them and it’s one I already have/an expensive one I don’t want.

Essentially, after I open a kit, is what I get out of it account kind and unsellable?

You can sell anything that comes out of the kit, it is not bound

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

why only ONE bag slot???

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And of course the Account Jump Start is now discounted due to the bag slot sale as well. 1889 instead of 2000 gems.

Shame it did not happen during the key sale too, lol, but I did buy tbe jump start during the key sale.

What do you mean? It and the Account Bump were discounted when keys went on sale.

Oh, you wanted both … greedy much?

And now I fear we won’t be seeing bank slots because the bag slots are on sale.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Unfortunately, you can only buy 1 Bag Slot Expansion at the discounted price to get the consumable item. You can buy multiple if you click the Expand Inventory button but it unlocks it immediately for that character. I was planning on buying 15 bag slots for my Revenants . ..

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

why only ONE bag slot???

Why only one Shadow or Flame dye?

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

why only ONE bag slot???

Why only one Shadow or Flame dye?

A1: Because folks would be doing exactly what they are talking about doing, and buying up multiple slots for multiple HoT toons, thus negating the need to buy them at full price after launch. They can give you one for cheap, but the rest are full price…kinda like crack ;P

A2: Because folks would buy up as many as they could afford, to get the ones they want and flood the market with the leftovers.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

I was being rhetorical Kitty.

As for bag slots remember F2P/P4F/Shareware accounts only get 3 bag slots each on their two character slots. And since they can’t buy gems with gold … win/win?

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

And of course the Account Jump Start is now discounted due to the bag slot sale as well. 1889 instead of 2000 gems.

Shame it did not happen during the key sale too, lol, but I did buy tbe jump start during the key sale.

It did, during the key sale the whole was at 1875 gems.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I don’t know, I feel like this is a bug.

This limit of one for such small items doesn’t flow with he rest of the sales.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Except that people could flood the market with the specialty dyes, or stock up bag slots on the cheap for their Revenants. Plus the text on them in the shop says “You can buy one at this price.”

So, not a bug.

You can still add bag slots to current alts for 200 gems each if you buy via the padlock tabs in Inventory.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The Character Slot sale better not be limited to one or two. That would just kill me, and then Anet would be guilty of murder. :p

I am certainly hoping not! I plan on buying 8 of them unless they limit them. In which case I would buy more at the following sales and anet would lose the money they would have gained over the interest of my paying for all of them at once.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Two dye kits? While I’m grateful that we have the shadow and flame dye kits on sale there are a great deal of other dye kits still out there like Taimi’s dye kit for instance and the other season 1 packs I mention Taimi since it’s the poster child for dye inflation.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: elainom.2918

elainom.2918

How come I was able to get 3 slot bags for one of my alt for 200 gems each using the unlock button directly from my inventory ? o.o

I hope I’m not getting banned for this

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

The Character Slot sale better not be limited to one or two. That would just kill me, and then Anet would be guilty of murder. :p

I am certainly hoping not! I plan on buying 8 of them unless they limit them. In which case I would buy more at the following sales and anet would lose the money they would have gained over the interest of my paying for all of them at once.

While I wasn’t planning to buy quite that many I was considering 1 or 2, but I know plenty who want to pick up more so hopefully it’s not just 1!

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

ALL I WANT FOR THE SALE IS THIS.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

+1 I have these gems for over 6 months now waiting for char slot sale. If they don’t do it, might as well cash in on gold…

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

ScribeTheMad.7614

I figure they aren’t going to discount everything now, not with a major release around the corner, but later around black friday and january are other times they usually have sales.
I’m patient, I can wait if I have to.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Now all I need is copper fed to go on sale so I can blow a kitten load of gems.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I bought the bag extention and the flame dye however i had no option to buy the shadow dye it just wasn’t there.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

That’s weird. Also the Flame dye offer was good for only one day. It’s over when the sale refresh happens at 16:00 UTC/GMT!

No idea if the bag slot or minis are also going due to the “You can by X more at this price” tag where the countdown would normally show.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Emberfoot.6847

Emberfoot.6847

I bought the bag extention and the flame dye however i had no option to buy the shadow dye it just wasn’t there.

If you click the promotions tab instead of staying on the main screen it should be there somewhere, might need to scroll past a few minis.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

People are reporting on existing accounts, you can buy the discounted bag slots via the UI. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes. I did it. You can buy only one “bag slot expansion item” that you may use in the future on another character (i will use it on my revenant) but you can buy more for existing characters for the discounted price if you click in the inventory of that character in the bag-slot-lock-symbol.

Now I am waiting for the bank tab expansion sale…

(edited by Zok.4956)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

SuinegTsol.1729

you can sell bag slots?!?!?!?!?

like others i got full inventory at all my current characters, du to i play since pre-launch, i liked to get some bags for my new revenant…
It’s again very disappointing, that anet again seems to only care about new, or “from-time-to-time-players”.
If you rly could sell them, why not make the discount ones account bound, or limit it to 6/account, so you can at lest get 2 new characters from hot equipped…

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Valentine.4286

Valentine.4286

Todays deal is Belindas greatsword skin and shadow assassins outfit

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

9/2/15

Belinda’s Greatsword Skin – 480 gems (was 600)
Shadow Asssassin outfit – 454 gems (was 700)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Donari.5237

Just added: Belinda’s Greatsword Skin 480 gems (usually 600) and Shadow Assassin Outfit 454 gems (usually 700).

Bump/Jump are back to 800/2000.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

And they are only these are only for 24 hours.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Donari.5237

like others i got full inventory at all my current characters, du to i play since pre-launch, i liked to get some bags for my new revenant…
It’s again very disappointing, that anet again seems to only care about new, or “from-time-to-time-players”.
If you rly could sell them, why not make the discount ones account bound, or limit it to 6/account, so you can at lest get 2 new characters from hot equipped…

I think you misunderstood something here. You can’t sell them to other players once you buy them. They are account bound. You can buy six bags to save for your revenant(s) any time you like, but only one of those would have been discounted yesterday (the sale now having moved on, you no longer can get a discount bag slot).

This was actually a more useful sale for veterans than new players. Vets tend to have established and geared alts and more stuff to put in bags, so any that hadn’t yet maxed bag slots could add in more slots at half price for each, by using the inventory bag slot padlock tabs instead of the gem store consumable.

Hopefully today’s sales make more sense to you and if you want Belinda’s GS you will manage to procure it before it is replaced by a new sale tomorrow.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

SuinegTsol.1729

I think you misunderstood something here. You can’t sell them to other players once you buy them. They are account bound. You can buy six bags to save for your revenant(s) any time you like, but only one of those would have been discounted yesterday (the sale now having moved on, you no longer can get a discount bag slot).

This was actually a more useful sale for veterans than new players. Vets tend to have established and geared alts and more stuff to put in bags, so any that hadn’t yet maxed bag slots could add in more slots at half price for each, by using the inventory bag slot padlock tabs instead of the gem store consumable.

Hopefully today’s sales make more sense to you and if you want Belinda’s GS you will manage to procure it before it is replaced by a new sale tomorrow.

those veterans you mention are what i called “time-to-time-player”.
A “veteran” whos playing for a long time now, usually got all those bags for all his chars, so them just got one bag “for free”.
But nvm, its gone anyway, just sth to mb keep in mind for later…

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Kelgo.5481

Kelgo.5481

I "m hoping in addition to the older head skins (sport sunglasses, bunny ears, witches hat etc) we’ll see another batch of pets (snow owl, hawk, raven etc).

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

maybe they should add grenth hood / Phantom Hood / or zodiac light armor < thats what im going to buy
im not intereseted in wings / ninjas / minis

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Kelgo.5481

Kelgo.5481

Armor sales would be good (aetherblade etc)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

ScribeTheMad.7614

mmmmm, I’d love me some armor. I believe the zodiac sets were discounted in last years sale (according to the wiki), so I’m super hopeful to see those and the aetherblade ones discounted at least a little.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Momo strangers.5106

Momo strangers.5106

mmmmm, I’d love me some armor. I believe the zodiac sets were discounted in last years sale (according to the wiki), so I’m super hopeful to see those and the aetherblade ones discounted at least a little.

u know what u know what i love u i wish to see Zodiac again i want it so bad the light armor one <3 just this the only thing i bought from the sale the inventory bag

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

Any ETA on when and if the Toxic gauntlets / shoulderpads will be released in the Gem store again?
And Grenth’s Hood?
Would appreciate any answers, thanks.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Could anyone (preferrably a dev) let me know: is it ok to buy multiple discounted bag slots on a character by clicking the locked bag symbol, or not? Thanks

It wouldn’t be surprising it if was allowed. The reason for limiting the one in the gem store is to control people hoarding them for alts, whereas doing it through the bag UI is on a per character basis, so you can’t hoard.

E: Oh Anet you tease. Logged in and saw Char slots on main window, but not discounted. Got my hopes up.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

I need Grenth Hood:D

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I’m hoping for Plushie Griffon

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Merchant Express for 3 gems a piece or 12 gems for 5 and Snow Owl Mail Carrier for 35 gems.

Talk about disappointment

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Donari.5237

Unless I’m missing something, today’s sale is:

Merchant Express, 1 for 3 gems (normally 35) and 5 for 12 gems (normally 125).

I’m already swimming in those from collateral sources. Sigh.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Wow. They were doing so well, and really dropped the ball today.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

Countdown: 7 more days of sales.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Really?!?…a mail carrier, it doesn’t look like I’ll be using my gems anytime soon.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Donari.5237

Which mail carrier and what price? I don’t see any on special, but then I already have all but the Quaggan so that may be why I only saw the Merchant Express.

edit: nvm, I see the OP has it in the A: above.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I actually like this one. Sure, its just a mail carrier, which isn’t the most impressive thing ever, but its so cheap. Like, less than 50 cents. Yes please!

My only complaint is that its one of the least impressive mail carriers. You already have a bird mail carrier by default, AND you can buy another 2 different bird mail carriers via the Trading Post for pretty cheap. I would have loved if this was one of the more exciting carriers.

But still. I like cheap stuff!

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Meh, I got my ghostly mail carrier, but I could use some more merchant expresses.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Which mail carrier and what price? I don’t see any on special, but then I already have all but the Quaggan so that may be why I only saw the Merchant Express.

edit: nvm, I see the OP has it in the A: above.

Merchant Express for 3 gems a piece or 12 gems for 5 and Snow Owl Mail Carrier for 35 gems.
(

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Donari.5237

That’s two days in a row I’ve posted the sale, seen my post, been the first one to post (and yes, I checked right after posting) … and then later someone else is magically shown posting a minute before me. Forums, why you so wonky.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

I actually like this one. Sure, its just a mail carrier, which isn’t the most impressive thing ever, but its so cheap. Like, less than 50 cents. Yes please!

My only complaint is that its one of the least impressive mail carriers. You already have a bird mail carrier by default, AND you can buy another 2 different bird mail carriers via the Trading Post for pretty cheap. I would have loved if this was one of the more exciting carriers.

But still. I like cheap stuff!

50 cents for something useless that you don’t even see are still 50 cents wasted.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Today’s sale is the exact opposite of how to get people to throw money at their screen.