Anniversary Sales [End.]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Must be a lot of HP fans as the gem exchange spiked.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Give makeover kits! And hair style kits! And, and identity repair kits! For 25 gems/1… I’ll buy. ;_;

Snow owl would’ve made a nice gift for this price but of course it’s the type of item that can’t be gifted. :/

let the sky fall

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Still waiting for a character slot sale….

Not holding my breath

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

That’s two days in a row I’ve posted the sale, seen my post, been the first one to post (and yes, I checked right after posting) … and then later someone else is magically shown posting a minute before me. Forums, why you so wonky.

I’m vewy sowwy

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Still waiting for a character slot sale….

Not holding my breath

Lets wait together next 7 days

Hoepfully it will come but im afraid cause of HoT Edition sale :/

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Does anybody know if Anet will do an Encore where they will bring all the sales back on the last day…sort of like what Steam sale does.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

They did that before, I think when they had the month of daily sales so it’s not something they’ve done regularly.

But we can always hope.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

These sales are so boring. Please ANet, just put nice things in the store so i can spend my gems

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

These sales are so boring. Please ANet, just put nice things in the store so i can spend my gems

You want something, get it. Do not rely on ArenaNet or players to give you something interesting. By the time you get that offer you want, you lost the joy of moment. Waiting 6 months for a 25% off, does not worth the gems. Just enjoy the game, as it is right now, because life happens here and now.

Many persons want something useful and cheap, but right now the game is as it is. If you want something, get it and have fun with it, no matter the price. GW2 is about having fun, while it is a business for ArenaNet (not for you). Let ArenaNet have concerns with statistics about sales and money because it is their problem, not ours; we can just enjoy the game.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

You want something, get it. Do not rely on ArenaNet or players to give you something interesting. By the time you get that offer you want, you lost the joy of moment. Waiting 6 months for a 25% off, does not worth the gems. Just enjoy the game, as it is right now, because life happens here and now.

Many persons want something useful and cheap, but right now the game is as it is. If you want something, get it and have fun with it, no matter the price. GW2 is about having fun, while it is a business for ArenaNet (not for you). Let ArenaNet have concerns with statistics about sales and money because it is their problem, not ours; we can just enjoy the game.

Yeah, I will totally buy those Bunny Ears! Ow wait….

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

kitten , i never knew it was possible to fit so many judgemental, baseless assumptions into a single post of such a short size.

If i want something, i have more than enough gold – and the will – to buy it, regardless of its price. I simply haven’t seen anything that i fancy buying in a while due to these terribly underwhelming sales/item additions. So take your silly, antagonistic assumptions elsewhere.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Warden.8927

Warden.8927

Anet,

please please bring out Grenths hood and toxic shoulders and gloves, I have been waiting so long for them, missed grenths hood at christmas last and would love it if these came on sale again. Honestly dying for them.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

I’m just hoping for bank tabs and storage expanders… maybe makeover kits as well. :B

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I actually like this one. Sure, its just a mail carrier, which isn’t the most impressive thing ever, but its so cheap. Like, less than 50 cents. Yes please!

My only complaint is that its one of the least impressive mail carriers. You already have a bird mail carrier by default, AND you can buy another 2 different bird mail carriers via the Trading Post for pretty cheap. I would have loved if this was one of the more exciting carriers.

But still. I like cheap stuff!

50 cents for something useless that you don’t even see are still 50 cents wasted.

You see it every time you put something on the TP. Which for me anyway is quite often.

Granted, you have to close down the TP window immediately in order to see it, but still. Its far from “never seen” if you actually care to see it.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

I Hope we get some better sales soon

Alot of the items listed so far have been very disappointing

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

I Hope we get some better sales soon

Alot of the items listed so far have been very disappointing

What exactly are you looking for? Obviously it’s not returning skins, minis, keys and outfits. I’m guessing character and bank slots, maybe a collection expander?

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Grenth Hood with Bunny ears is what he is looking for!

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

People are getting pretty worked up over the bunny ears haha. I personally would like the red glow eyes back and maybe another color? And some of the older skins, not costumes, that have been in the BL before. Also I LOVE the marjory axe and was hoping to see some more skins in her style.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Sae.8453

Grenth Hood with Bunny ears is what he is looking for!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did bunny ears for the last day lol. Everyone’s gems would be depleted and conversion rates would skyrocket

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I’m just hoping for bank tabs and storage expanders… maybe makeover kits as well. :B

Judging from the recent past with bags, if these are available, they would probably make the sale for just one per account.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Are these ip locked? I bought the mail carrier on my alt, but when I went to buy it on my main account it was not available.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Are these ip locked? I bought the mail carrier on my alt, but when I went to buy it on my main account it was not available.

I don’t know about the ip lock but I bought one on my main and checked on my alt account and it doesn’t show as available. Maybe they look at the credit card used to purchase the accounts.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Oh goodie, I missed my one kittenING CHANCE to get belinda’s greatsword, so I could complete my holy trinity of canthan-themed gemstore skins for my reaper.

But noooooo, they just had to kittening have the GS skin up for sale for only one kittening day without notifying anyone in an easy way.

I’m honestly really kittened about this and I WANT MY GS.

-rant over, but this is bullkitten.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

But noooooo, they just had to kittening have the GS skin up for sale for only one kittening day without notifying anyone in an easy way.

Like the 24 hour count down timer on it? Or the sale ending soon in orange/red.

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I think the sales have been great, so far. All I want for it to be perfect is a bank slot and the chain-whip sword. <3

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Bone Pick – 500 gems (was 1000 gems)
Mad Scientist’s Mining Tool – 500 gems (was 1000 gems)
Mine-r-Tron – 500 gems ( was 1000 gems)
Watchwork Mining Pick – 500 gems ( was 1000 gems)
Ceremonial Plated Outfit – 350 gems ( was 700 gems)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Watchwork mining pick is an excellent buy (it gives sprockets from mining). Paid 1000 for mine and don’t regret it a bit.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: SardisticMeow.5037

SardisticMeow.5037

Been waiting for watchwork! But come on, my 4000 gems isn’t processed yet

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Probably a safe bet that the other tools will go on sale soon too.

I’m thinking that if they were to release the bunny ears, they’re likely holding it for last to get people to spend their gems early so they’d have to get more. They’ll get more people spending their gems this way.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Well there goes the sprocket market. :p

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well there goes the sprocket market. :p

About time with zealot insignias costing about 20g….

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

500 gems is roughly 130 gold. Sprockets are currently, after fees and taxes, roughly 2.3 silver each. 20% chance per wack for a sprocket, 4 copper per wack with a ori pick. That’s 50 copper per wack savings so 26K wacks or 8.7K nodes harvested to pay off the watchwork pick.

Of course this completely ignores the convenience and 0 inventory space for spares which is really the purpose of these tools. It’s just the watchwork pick pays for itself in 1/12th the time.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

500 gems is roughly 130 gold. Sprockets are currently, after fees and taxes, roughly 2.3 silver each. 20% chance per wack for a sprocket, 4 copper per wack with a ori pick. That’s 50 copper per wack savings so 26K wacks or 8.7K nodes harvested to pay off the watchwork pick.

Of course this completely ignores the convenience and 0 inventory space for spares which is really the purpose of these tools. It’s just the watchwork pick pays for itself in 1/12th the time.

Well, can’t wait for my lunchtime in about 45 minutes so I can buy this and get to whackin’.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

(edited by Endless Soul.5178)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Awww kitten. I bought the watchwork mining pick a month ago, really should have seen this coming!

I bought it with gold, so it doesn’t really matter, but I could have bought it with 1/2 as much gold.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Awww kitten. I bought the watchwork mining pick a month ago, really should have seen this coming!

I bought it with gold, so it doesn’t really matter, but I could have bought it with 1/2 as much gold.

Since gold to gem rates are like 50% higher now due to the sale, you wouldn’t be saving that much.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Danikat.8537

Since gold to gem rates are like 50% higher now due to the sale, you wouldn’t be saving that much.

That’s a good point.

Although I could have bought the gems a month ago like I did, and then waited for the sale to spend them.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That’s a good point.

Although I could have bought the gems a month ago like I did, and then waited for the sale to spend them.

If only we could possess precognition, right?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Or just do what I do and buy a bit of gems every week Monday evening. I had over 5000 going into this sale.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Oh man. I’ve resisted the urge to buy any unlimited-use picks up until this point since I have a fair number of characters that I try to equally split my time between and can’t be bothered to swap my tools around all the time, thus 1000 gems would be a lot to pay for a convenience item I wouldn’t even be able to use all the time.

But half price? That’s real tempting. Especially for that watchwork pick…. sprocketsssssssss. I can find a lot of uses for sprockets, between Zealot’s gear and all the runes / sigils.

Anet may have finally broken me.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Danikat.8537

Bank tabs and the magic carpet are discounted.

Bank tabs are 480 gems, down from 600
Magic carpet is 62 gems, down from 250

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Sae.8453

There goes gold to gem conversion, kinda lol.

Countdown: 5 more days of sales.

(edited by Sae.8453)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Bank tabs and the magic carpet are discounted.

Bank tabs are 480 gems, down from 600
Magic carpet is 62 gems, down from 250

Woot! Daddy needs a bank tab.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

shame the bank tab can’t be a little cheaper, but I may buy one, even though atm i do have 60 slots free, lol.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Danikat.8537

I don’t remember ever seeing bank tabs go for less than 40% off.

I got an extra one because the 3 I had were getting a bit crowded, now I feel like I don’t know what I’m going to do with all the space. I’m sure it’ll fill up gradually however.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

It’s actually 33% chance per whack, so your savings are higher.

Trust me, I did the research on it.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Hmm. Someone nuked the 20% chance out of the wiki since the last time I looked.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Miss Lana Too.5794

From here: ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Watchwork_Mining_Pick

I can’t seem to see anyone saying anything about 20% anywhere. Hmm

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Added during the last edit on 28 Jan 14 and removed on the 2 Sept 14 edit.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Miss Lana Too.5794

Added during the last edit on 28 Jan 14 and removed on the 2 Sept 14 edit.

Ahh right. In any case unless they’ve changed the rate of dropping I don’t think my researching time has gone to waste ^^

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Well, there go the last of my gems. I had exactly 480 of them.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.