Anniversary Sales [End.]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I have 330. Would love to grab a bank tab – not sure if I want to buy 800 gems just to be able to spend 150 of them. :P

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

Wait there was a gem store sale? Why wasnt this promoted more?1 I missed loads!

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

I have 330. Would love to grab a bank tab – not sure if I want to buy 800 gems just to be able to spend 150 of them. :P

Just use the custom exchange function to exchange gold for those 150 gems.

RoF

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

500 gems is roughly 130 gold. Sprockets are currently, after fees and taxes, roughly 2.3 silver each. 20% chance per wack for a sprocket, 4 copper per wack with a ori pick. That’s 50 copper per wack savings so 26K wacks or 8.7K nodes harvested to pay off the watchwork pick.

Of course this completely ignores the convenience and 0 inventory space for spares which is really the purpose of these tools. It’s just the watchwork pick pays for itself in 1/12th the time.

It’s actually 33% chance per whack, so your savings are higher.

Trust me, I did the research on it.

Hmm. Someone nuked the 20% chance out of the wiki since the last time I looked.

From here: ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Watchwork_Mining_Pick

I can’t seem to see anyone saying anything about 20% anywhere. Hmm

Added during the last edit on 28 Jan 14 and removed on the 2 Sept 14 edit.

Ahh right. In any case unless they’ve changed the rate of dropping I don’t think my researching time has gone to waste ^^

Well it looked to be a guess anyways. I’ve always thought it felt closer to 1/3rd.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Probably because during the brief time when they did announce every new item/discount on the gem store there were huge numbers of complaints that they were putting too much emphasis on the gem store, that players were sick of seeing it (especially when they put a news article on the main site and people thought it was ‘real news’) and they were accused of not caring about anything except the gem store. So they did as players asked and reduced the number of announcements.

In spite of that there was an article announcing the start of the sale which said that there would be 21 days of returning, discounted and new items. They’ve also announced it periodically on Facebook and I assume Twitter.

And of course you can always check the promotions tab of the gem store. I normally do that whenever I first use the TP.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

It’s an annual thing on the game’s anniversary. It’s in the blog, on the news page of the patcher when it started and bringing up the gem store any time during this and checking promotions would have shown you the sale.

This is like complaining there was a sale on your favorite cereal but you couldn’t be bothered to check the weekly circular or even walk down the cereal aisle when you stopped to pick up milk.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

Countdown: 4 more days of sales.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Note: The “quantity of 5 available at this price” does not appear to mean you can buy five bundles of five. I bought one and then it was all back to normal price. I think they mean there are only 5 keys at this price and you get them in one go.

I wouldn’t have bought 800 gems if I’d realized that since nowadays I only buy gems for specific purchases and I had enough gems to do the one-time buy. Hopefully I’ll want to buy something from the next few days. Eh, I know that -eventually- I’ll want the gems for something. I’m just irked I went to the trouble of the transaction for this.

Of interest: After I bought the 5 keys, the Bump/Jump extra discounts were gone. I don’t know if it would work in the other direction or if the two discounts are linked both ways.

(edited by Donari.5237)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

This sale has been a huge disappointment for me. There was only one thing that I bought during it (Caithe’s Daggers) and it wasn’t even a discounted item.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

This sale has been a huge disappointment for me. There was only one thing that I bought during it (Caithe’s Daggers) and it wasn’t even a discounted item.

and for me this sale was just great

Bank Tab Expansion | 600 Gems 480 Gems (20% Off)
Magic Carpet | 250 Gems 62 Gems (75% Off)
Watchwork Mining Pick
Belinda’s Greatsword Skin | 600 Gems 480 Gems (20 % Off)
Bag Slot Expansion | 400 Gems 200 Gems (50% Off)
Flame Dye Kit | 25 Gems each
Shadow Dye Kit | 25 Gems each
Marjory’s Dagger | 600 Gems (Return)

great stuff

ty anet and 4 days more going on

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t see where someone has said what today’s sale is, so..

5 keys for 125 gems.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Zaron.1987

I don’t see where someone has said what today’s sale is, so..

5 keys for 125 gems.

the owner still added it at start posting

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

I’ve defended the sale, and there HAS been a good chunk of stuff I have boughten

but come on guys, when are the REAL items gonna pop out? :/

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

4 days left and still no bunny ears =(

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

WARNING: You CANNOT buy 5 of the BL Key 5 packs. It says you can buy 5 at the 112 GEM price, but after I bought one the promo went away. ^%#$#$ I just traded a bunch of Gold at a ridiculously high exchange rate to get the GEMS too….

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Zaron.1987

I’ve defended the sale, and there HAS been a good chunk of stuff I have boughten

what are the REAL items for you?

to try a shot in the dark… bunny ears right?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

There seems to be lacking in the department of total makeover kits. And I wouldn’t mind identity repair kits, name change contracts and self-style hair kits either.

If ideas for pricing are needed I’d suggest 25 gems each.

Free samples of hair and makeover kit would be wonderful in case people are hesitating with these kind of difficult decisions.

…Now now. Would I have ulterior motives like that?

let the sky fall

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sae.8453

Sae.8453

Adjusted. I’m guessing the “quantity of 5” applies to the bank access expresses as well :S

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Bank access express? I get those all the time with login rewards and are pretty pointless since you can just duck into the mists. Hopefully something better tomorrow as it is a holiday in the US.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

what are the REAL items for you?

to try a shot in the dark… bunny ears right?

Well not REAL but I mean the sought after items that people constantly talk about!

Aviators, certain types of ya know…ears :P

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

Well that explains the spike to over 30g per 100 gems.

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Malice.8439

I don’t understand this obsession people seem to have with the bunny ears. Do they provide some form of super animation or something?

- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

WARNING: You CANNOT buy 5 of the BL Key 5 packs. It says you can buy 5 at the 112 GEM price, but after I bought one the promo went away. ^%#$#$ I just traded a bunch of Gold at a ridiculously high exchange rate to get the GEMS too….

yeah that was very poorly advertised and misleading. 5pack for 112gems and directly below it says you can by 5 more at this price but you can only by 1 pack of 5 keys.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Zaron.1987

I don’t understand this obsession people seem to have with the bunny ears. Do they provide some form of super animation or something?

yeah it seem to be a profound mystery

or the character toons want to apply at hugh hefner and only this bunny eyes are between here and their moving in the playboy mansion

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Lhos.1643

Lhos.1643

Missed the mining tool sale… sad day ._.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

Whyyyy…?! I just want to give you my money, ArenaNet! But you make it so painful! T____T I hope we see the wide rimmed glasses in one of the last four days of this sale! I don’t care what they are priced at, I just want them! -sob-

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I want them because they are cute. Don’t really need another reason.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

I want them because they are cute. Don’t really need another reason.

Pretty much this. A lot of people think they are cute, which is why they are popular.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

I just want character slots to go on sale, if I can just get this it’ll make everything worth it lol. Plz anet <3

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

What a great idea to have a sale on everything right before the expansion and all make new characters and need all the stuff that was on sale..

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Tiami’s Dye kits on sale or even on the TP I’d state if it’s too much to ask but I’m sure Anet is getting some sort of sick jollies out of it.

Bunny Ears are the same deal

Character slots probably won’t happen at all as while we get a free slot with HoT don’t the more expensive bundles come with an additional character slot?

But this post is mainly about DYE KITS!!!! and no not shadow and flame but all DYE kits as they can easily added several long lost dye kits to the TP just like they did for mini pets. A new expac is coming and people typically want to look there best. I can’t raise 1k gold in time unless Q. Bee/pre falls into my lap as I desire Electro Lemon and Purple.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Character slots probably won’t happen at all as while we get a free slot with HoT don’t the more expensive bundles come with an additional character slot?

They do, but that’s not a reason not to offer them.

In fact that’s part of why I want them. I got the ultimate edition, which gave me 2 extra slots (1 bundled and 1 ‘veteran’ slot) for 8 total. Which made me decide that if/when they go on sale it’d be worth buying 2 more so I can have 1 character of each profession and a spare slot. I don’t want to buy them at full price because I think they’re over priced.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

But that’s just it, I bought the ultimate and got the 2 slots but that’s not enough! I need at least 5 more, heck maybe even more than that with the elite specs coming out, so that I’ll have everything I need lol. I’ve already got 12 that are filled up, but the gems that it would costs to buy 5-6 more hurt my mind just thinking about it lol. Besides I’m a firm believer in fashion wars 2, it’s one of the reasons I want the new slots for new looks, so the more characters I have the more likely I am to buy stuff for them from the gem store. It’s a win win in my case. X3

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Behellagh.1468

New Outfit. Available for 7 days.

Harbinger of Mordremoth – 700 Gems

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/07/gw2-harbinger-of-mordremoth-outfit-now-available-in-gemstore/

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Part of the obsession with the bunny ears and aviators is simply the shenanigans they pulled with them. A large amount of people who would have bought them if they were helm skins didn’t buy them when they were town clothes (if you didn’t rp you basically never used town clothes). And they’ve NEVER been offered for sale as helm skins.

It’s like if they sold real aviators originally as doll clothes, pulled them from the shelves because only people who played with dolls and wanted aviators on their dolls bought any so they weren’t selling well, then turned around 5 months later and sent everyone who had bought doll aviators real ones and somehow magically made it impossible to sell/give them to anyone, and then ignored the people going “wow those are cool, I would buy those in a heartbeat” for 2 years. :|

Arenanet hates money, confirmed.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

New Outfit. Available for 7 days.

Harbinger of Mordremoth – 700 Gems

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/07/gw2-harbinger-of-mordremoth-outfit-now-available-in-gemstore/

Daym that looks pixelated. SAB confirmed.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

Harbinger of Mordremoth Outfit, wow that looks like such an awesome costume.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

Harbinger of Mordremoth Outfit, wow that looks like such an awesome costume.

really? everyone thinks is super ugly

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

not everyone, just the few people who posted here so far, and everyone taste is different. Just a shame, i can’t really afford it right now.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

The sales are almost over. I’m hoping we go out with a bang, more then a bust. The last few days have been a bust for me personally.

I sort of want to sale to hurry and end, so I can spend gems on stuff and not have to worry about things going on sale right after I purchase them for regular price.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

You know what I’d like to see? Scarlet’s Spaulders and Grasps. I really hope we get these before the anniversary sale ends.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Outfit is so-so … some parts I like, like the helmet. If it were on sale I would nab it but for 700 gems?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Where is todays sale? the outfit isn’t part of the sale as a) its not on sale and b) its available for 7 days, not daily or ends at the end of the sale.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

Where is todays sale? the outfit isn’t part of the sale as a) its not on sale and b) its available for 7 days, not daily or ends at the end of the sale.

The first week of sales had day 1 sorta the same if i remember, nothing really on sale and the week marker. though tomorrow sale most like have the 6 days and so on till the last day only be around for 1 day.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

The first week of sales had day 1 sorta the same if i remember, nothing really on sale and the week marker. though tomorrow sale most like have the 6 days and so on till the last day only be around for 1 day.

Except there’s 3 days left of the 21 day sale, hence making the point that its just a normal release on the TP.

The whole sale seems to have been badly planned it seems. Take for instance the dye they offered – they limited it to 1 purchase per account, so why limit it to one day also? Anet just seem to be reducing their gem sale opportunities for no reason.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It is today’s sale, as they have defined it.

“To celebrate the third anniversary of Guild Wars 2, we’re going into our vaults to pull out items for our biggest sale of all time! Check in every day for 21 days for big discounts, returning old favorites, and exciting new items! On top of that, we have high-value item bundles —we’re introducing the Account Bump and Account Jump Start packages. You’ll find all the details below!”

It falls under the ‘and exciting new items’ part of the sale. They didn’t actually say there would be discounted items every day. /shrug.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

oh, it done by Friday, some reason I assume it started on a Monday, lol.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Malice.8439

Come ooooon, chain-whip sword! You’re all that’s missing for me!

- Sun Tzu, Art of War

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

21 day Trading Post Extravaganza

That would have been a more appropriate name for this 21 day sale.

However ANet decided to call it a sale and it left people debating the semantics of what exactly constituted a ‘sale’.

By calling it an extravaganza (or even something else, perhaps a metaphor) it would give room for ANet to do their creativity we’ve seen over the last few weeks in the TP.

Instead what I think we’ll see is a lot of angry people at the end because they didn’t get a ‘sale’.

If this was the same people who put together the initial HoT digital expansion promo upgrades, that created the same kind of upset. I wouldn’t be surprised.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

they sold us items, that is consider a sale?