Anniversary Sales [End.]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

I’ve gotten some items from the sale, quite pleased. But i still miss the Toxic Gloves.. Hopefully the gemstore gods can show mercy!

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Well, I waited for Royal Terrace Pass and Captains Airship Pass with no result. Three days left and I am still hoping.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Dyrewolff.5316

Dyrewolff.5316

Appreciate the post!

@Acrisor – I would definitely buy those passes as well.

Server: Anvil Rock
Dyrewolff – Warrior / Dyrepain – Ele / Gottago – Thief

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Well we have 2 days left so hopefully we get some good discounts!

Taimi’s Dye Kit – 5 for 250 gems (can only 5 buy at this price)
Bag Slot Value Pack – 350 gems (1 bag slot expansion, 3 item booster). Can only buy 1 at this price.

(edited by Linfang.1087)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Tami’s dye on sale 5/250, 1 time. There’s goes that market. And the exchange rate for the day.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Wow, electro blue down to 200g, and here for a second I considered getting the dye pack and hoping for something good, 20 minutes and that ship has sailed lol

Tempted on the bag pack, but its only 50 gems off the bag and I’ll never use the boosters, so I should pass. Another day with no armor sets on sale

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wonder how many people will speculate on the dyes and hope to sell them for more after today.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Well I got some leftover gems and friends are paying back their loans for legendaries….guess I could try my luck

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Wooooooooooooooow… in one fell swoop Anet has destroyed the electro dye market AND significantly devalued the 3rd birthday gift to the vets… GG Anet GG! Lolololol what a public relations diaper fire this sale has become… lololol

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The biggest problem with the dye packs is they’ll give common dyes (all I got ) which can be obtained through nonexclusive means. This means you can spend 1000 gems on dye packs on not even get a single exclusive, the only reason you’re buying the packs to begin with.

As for the electro dye market prices were overly inflated anyway and had to come down.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Wooooooooooooooow… in one fell swoop Anet has destroyed the electro dye market AND significantly devalued the 3rd birthday gift to the vets… GG Anet GG! Lolololol what a public relations diaper fire this sale has become… lololol

Not really.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Not really.

Lol what?! Have you even looked at the electro prices?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

wasn’t there a dye page before that helps you find a cheaper kind to match a color you might have wanted?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

The biggest problem with the dye packs is they’ll give common dyes (all I got ) which can be obtained through nonexclusive means. This means you can spend 1000 gems on dye packs on not even get a single exclusive, the only reason you’re buying the packs to begin with.

As for the electro dye market prices were overly inflated anyway and had to come down.

Done trying to debate with people who don’t understand a supply and demand market…

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I wonder how many people will speculate on the dyes and hope to sell them for more after today.

I wouldnt put it past Anet to include the Taimi Dye Kit as a rare drop from BL chests with one of the upcoming updates.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Not really.

What you don’t understand is how getting any of the expensive dyes is still random and that the sale will end after today. The prices will go back up.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Not really.

Which means the market is very much alive.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Not really.

What you don’t understand is how getting any of the expensive dyes is still random and that the sale will end after today. The prices will go back up.

How does that even remotely affect the flood of them onto the market today? The price plummeted and will stay down until supply dwindles again… devaluing the market and the 3rd bday gift.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

thx for the electro dye deal anet now i can go shopping at tp to buy some of them

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Not really.

How does that even remotely affect the flood of them onto the market today? The price plummeted and will stay down until supply dwindles again… devaluing the market and the 3rd bday gift.

Are you really asking that question?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Not really.

Yes bc the flood hitting the market is not going to vanish overnight… seriously its been less than an hour and the market values have plummeted by 75%. And again any 3yr vet who chose electro dye had their gift devalued by the same percentage

(edited by Solomon Darkfury.3729)

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Not really.

Yes bc the flood hitting the market is not going to vanish overnight…

I never said that it would. Whether it does or not overnight really is irrelevant to my statement that getting one of those expensive dyes is still random and the sale will end after today. Prices will go back up.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Not really.

Well, yeah, they look now more in tune with the other dyes. Hardly a destroyed market.
Also, seriously, you didn’t expect that?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ah well, no special dyes in my batch of five. Sadness, as I have none of the Electros as yet. The bag slot is … eh … a slight discount, given that I don’t care about the boosters. I’ll live without it.

I shall be ready to pounce faster on the sale tomorrow, assuming it’s of something I want — cat sitting has had me out of the house the past few days at sale reset time, or I’d have been posting the items for y’all.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

thx for the electro dye deal anet now i can go shopping at tp to buy some of them

I grabbed the electro purple. ^^

Too bad for the people who were sitting on 1000-300 gold dyes but this brings the prices back down to the area they were at the dyes release.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Pomdepin.7068

Pomdepin.7068

Anet is absolutely not destroying the dye market, prices just adapt to the offer/demand. Moreover, I’ve always found silly to see dyes at 1k gold. 200g for a single dye is still quite a lot of money imo.

And it’s not devaluing the 3rd anniversary gift at all… Or it means you picked up electro blue dye just because it was expensive, not because you liked it, possibly to show off. ^.^

I sold an electro lime dye for 40 gold when they were out, now it’s worth 10 times that price. Well, I’m kind of disgusted, but this is trade you know… I could have waited and bet on this price increase. Now, you can also buy electro dyes while they’re cheap and wait for the price to go back up !

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

BTW, will the last items to go on sale be tomorrow morning (PST) or thursday morning (PST)?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Anet is absolutely not destroying the dye market, prices just adapt to the offer/demand. Moreover, I’ve always found silly to see dyes at 1k gold. 200g for a single dye is still quite a lot of money imo.

And it’s not devaluing the 3rd anniversary gift at all… Or it means you picked up electro blue dye just because it was expensive, not because you liked it, possibly to show off. ^.^

I sold an electro lime dye for 40 gold when they were out, now it’s worth 10 times that price. Well, I’m kind of disgusted, but this is trade you know… I could have waited and bet on this price increase. Now, you can also buy electro dyes while they’re cheap and wait for the price to go back up !

Kind of like how I got the chainsaw GS from my first black lion chest ever the 1st Halloween and sold it for like 20G. Just look at the price now.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

ANet destroyed the electro dye cartel with the flood of new supply.

What it did was wipe out the small cluster of high bids that kept a cap on low ask. Electro Blue went of a high bid of 701g to 70g in 5 minutes and new supply were priced relative to this.

Some may decide the time is now to “invest” in electro dyes but it took 5 months for Electro Blue to move from it’s current price to where it was before they were introduced. High bid is now 170g.

This is an opportunity to get these dyes, not just the exclusive but the normal rare and uncommon dyes from Taimi’s Kit at a more reasonable price however you prefer to buy them (bids or asks).

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

BTW, will the last items to go on sale be tomorrow morning (PST) or thursday morning (PST)?

While not sure, I want to say the last item is Thursday since it supposed to end Friday, though maybe Friday might have the final item.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

While not sure, I want to say the last item is Thursday since it supposed to end Friday, though maybe Friday might have the final item.

Thanks, at this point I just want the sale to end. For the most part it has had nothing good but has put off some planned purchases I might have made.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Haha, so glad I took Blacklight dye instead of the electro dyes for the birthday present now. xD

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Any 3yr vet that took electro dyes as their gift just got smacked in the face by anet today…

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Any 3yr vet that took electro dyes as their gift just got smacked in the face by anet today…

Not really. They got the dye that they wanted for free rather than having to spend their gold for it.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Not really. They got the dye that they wanted for free rather than having to spend their gold for it.

Stop the anet fanboying lol there are now dyes from other sets more expensive than the electros… therefore yes, anyone who got them got hosed in gold savings value…

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

Stop the anet fanboying lol there are now dyes from other sets more expensive than the electros… therefore yes, anyone who got them got hosed in gold savings value…

No need to resort to insults as it just weakens your position. So are you telling me that you chose electro blue because it had the highest savings and not because you wanted it? So if, before today’s sale, I was to have bought up all of the existing dyes and relist them for 5K a piece, would you still feel the same way? The existing price was a result of stagnant supply with a high demand. The value of the dye hasn’t really changed since yesterday. Either you want it or you don’t.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Solomon Darkfury.3729

No need to resort to insults as it just weakens your position. So are you telling me that you chose electro blue because it had the highest savings and not because you wanted it? So if, before today’s sale, I was to have bought up all of the existing dyes and relist them for 5K a piece, would you still feel the same way? The existing price was a result of stagnant supply with a high demand. The value of the dye hasn’t really changed since yesterday. Either you want it or you don’t.

To quote Benjamin Franklin… a penny saved is a penny earned… why would anyone NOT want to save themselves as much gold down the road as possible?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Just a flesh wound.3589

Not hardly. I got all but one with my birthday dye kits because those were the dyes I wanted the most, not because of cost but because after previewing all the unbought dyes those were the most useful for accent colors to make a feature “pop out” The other 2 dyes I got were expensive, but far cheaper and I would have gotten a third less expensive dye instead of an electro dye but after choosing it, I found out it wasn’t one of the options.

Keep your slaps to your own face. Not everyone is unhappy they got a great selection of dyes for free.

ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

It’s simple. Buy a dye because you like it or love it, don’t buy it because someone else tells you it’s worth 1K gold. Prices on AH vary not because of how good or how loved a dye is, but because it is rare. If a dye is rare, it does not mean you have to like it. Choose what you like, not what someone else likes, because it’s your account and your time having fun.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

And any smart vet held onto the gift instead of running straight to the TP and sorting dyes by price in order to decide which one to select as a freebie asap.

…can’t feel bad for the greedy.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Just a flesh wound.3589

To quote Benjamin Franklin… a penny saved is a penny earned… why would anyone NOT want to save themselves as much gold down the road as possible?

Some things
1) it assumes all people will eventually buy all the dyes: not true
2) it assumes that the dyes will never drop in price, making it worthwhile to wait for times like these: not true
3) it assumes that the only real difference in dyes is the gold they cost and that a person would be just as happy to get an dye in a color they don’t like and that they won’t use for free as they would to get a dye with a lower price that they would enjoy using: not true.

ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Personally, I could not care less about any of the electro dyes. Even if they were 50 silver, I’d still be “meh” about them.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

TJgalon.5012

there are plenty of blue dye, is the price tag the only thing that make elctro blue special?

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Because saving myself 500g on a color I hate and will never use instead of saving 5g on a color I’ll use all the time is, well, kind of silly.
Those shoes I’ll never use are on sale buy one get one! I should totally buy the first pair I wont use to get the free pair I wont use either!

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Just a flesh wound.3589

there are plenty of blue dye, is the price tag the only thing that make elctro blue special?

No. They are actually different. On most armor they are “glowy”. The closest I can describe it is the Luminescent armor is very similar in color to the electro blue and if you have or seen a Pale Tree mini, the underskirts, which are a glowing yellow, are very similar to electro yellow. These colors are exceptionally good as accent colors to make something stand out from the background.

ANet may give it to you.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

Dear Anet, any chance for an “encore sale” for the last day?

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I am happy with my birthday present electros. I would’ve never bought any from the TP, no matter what.

Now could someone do something about the dye preview bug so that I could see what I’m doing? The electros liked to possess everything when I tried. ;_;
(Unless it was of course fixed while I haven’t looked)

While I am looking at this sale, can we have a cheap makeover kit next? A very cheap one?

let the sky fall

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Ayrilana.1396

No. They are actually different. On most armor they are “glowy”. The closest I can describe it is the Luminescent armor is very similar in color to the electro blue and if you have or seen a Pale Tree mini, the underskirts, which are a glowing yellow, are very similar to electro yellow. These colors are exceptionally good as accent colors to make something stand out from the background.

To add onto what you’re saying which I grabbed from Dulfy’s reddit thread.

http://imgur.com/a/FCmP2

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: Sonickeyblade.8415

Sonickeyblade.8415

The tail end of this sale is very lackluster for me. I just want it to end, so I can buy character slots, since they aren’t going on sale as is. :/

I also feel bad for those who wanted the Bunny Ears. Most requested item on Reddit and we aren’t likely to get it at this point.

I’d also personally like a sale on the Monk Outfit or some of the Gem Store Armors like the Aetherblade or the Viper Armor, but I don’t see that happening either.

But overall, I got Rox’s Quiver and both sets of Wings. So I can’t be disappointed.

Anniversary Sales [End.]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The other thing that is on sale today is the living story season 2 complete pack. It is 20% off. Don’t know if that’s always there or not.

Attachments: