Another Double-Fractal Daily Day

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Could we, like, not have these anymore?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Is there an issue with them?

I find them preferable as they make fractals more rewarding to play which is a boost they really need.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

It makes a level 1 fractal rewarding for my guildies, so I’m okay with it.

Majic.4801

I’m all for fractals being more rewarding to play, but have no interest in them personally, and would prefer they not displace other PvE daily options, like world bosses and map events.

Zalladi.4652

I’m all for fractals being more rewarding to play, but have no interest in them personally, and would prefer they not displace other PvE daily options, like world bosses and map events.

It is possible that they will be changed with Heart of Thorns, as the “Fractal Mastery Track” will give access to “new dailies” for fractals, which could suggest that fractals might be given their own daily category. I’ll find the source on that.

Edit: Le Source:

“Fractal players of all skill levels will find new daily goals, new achievements, and a new legendary objective.

You’ll also find that the Fractals of the Mists now have their own tab in the Achievements panel. In this category, you’ll find the original fractal achievements along with a number of new ones that require significant group coordination or even require you to be playing at higher difficulty scales to complete. Additionally, we’ve simplified the current system of daily reward chests into a system of new daily fractal achievements that have been separated into three distinct difficulty ranges: 1–20, 21–50, and 51 and above. Completing these dailies will give players a chance at the fractal weapon skins, ascended equipment, infused rings, and more."

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Majic.4801

It is possible that they will be changed with Heart of Thorns, as the “Fractal Mastery Track” will give access to “new dailies” for fractals, which could suggest that fractals might be given their own daily category. I’ll find the source on that.

I think that would be awesome, and thanks for pointing out the potential HoT impact!

Hopefully it will set things up in a way that makes everyone happier.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Edit: Le Source:

“Fractal players of all skill levels will find new daily goals, new achievements, and a new legendary objective.

You’ll also find that the Fractals of the Mists now have their own tab in the Achievements panel. In this category, you’ll find the original fractal achievements along with a number of new ones that require significant group coordination or even require you to be playing at higher difficulty scales to complete. Additionally, we’ve simplified the current system of daily reward chests into a system of new daily fractal achievements that have been separated into three distinct difficulty ranges: 1–20, 21–50, and 51 and above. Completing these dailies will give players a chance at the fractal weapon skins, ascended equipment, infused rings, and more."

^^ This, pretty sure Fractals will be getting their own dailies with the expansion, I’d imagine that would take them out of the normal PVE dailies.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I find them preferable as they make fractals more rewarding to play which is a boost they really need.

The daily “rewards” and not nearly enough to make them rewarding enough to bother with.

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

They often make Fractal levels I don’t remotely have the daily objective. I just giggle and move on. Thankfully sitting out on a daily is not a biggie and I can still do WvW if I want it badly enough.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I just ignore them and do WvW, it’s MUCH quicker but I agree it’s annoying when it happens. I am not against fractals or loathe doing them I just prefer to do them when I choose to and not when the daily decides I should.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Every time I see a fractal double I cry a little inside…. only just one little achievement away from making it a triple

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well at least you know they are going away in HoT …

Posted by: Klazmaunt.2591

Klazmaunt.2591

I’m all for world bosses and map events being more rewarding to play, but have no interesting them personally, and would prefer they not displace other PvE daily options, like fractals and dungeons.

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Remember when dailies used to encompass basically anything you could do so almost nobody had to go out of their way to complete them? That was a pretty cool time…

Also lol at considering an extra pristine relic being ‘more rewarding’. I don’t think I’ve ever spent a single one.

Zalladi.4652

Well at least you know they are going away in HoT …

We don’t know that 100% at the moment; yes new dailies are coming for fractals from the sources I linked above, but they didn’t state that they are replacing the current fractal-daily achievements in the daily rotation.

Though I do find it likely, I just wanted to clarify.

Also lol at considering an extra pristine relic being ‘more rewarding’. I don’t think I’ve ever spent a single one.

Well, with Heart of Thorns bringing a new assortment of items that can be purchased with Pristines, I think you might change your mind.

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

I don’t think the Fractals are going away from the normal Dailies with HoT, I read that as they are getting a separate Daily that is tied into Fractals only that give you specific rewards that are from Fractals that people have difficulty getting….they would still be part of the generic Daily system.

As for the Double Fractal, I don’t mind it…as a matter of fact, until Fractals were added into the “new” dailies I had never set foot in them(other than for Mawdrey components). They weren’t has bad as I remembered(I saw an early version of Fractals, they were much harder, so I had no intention of every doing them on the live client. Anyways, it’s one day, the world doesn’t end if you don’t get those 10 AP points if you choose to only do PvE for the Dailies(I think I’ve gone into WvW two or three times when I needed to do only 1 thing to get the Daily, otherwise I just skip a day).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Could we, like, not have these anymore?

We cannot, like, not have these anymore. I’m sympathetic to the idea: it’s the only type of PvE daily that can double up. However, there are PvE-like alternatives in WvW and PvP, so it’s not that much of a hardship.

I don’t think it’s worth bugging ANet about to change now. I do hope that post-HoT, there will be a more comfortable set of choices (and for that matter, more interesting/creative, too — these ones are kind of stale to me).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I also hope that dailies will be expanded on. Currently, I find the PvE tasks to be mindless (vista, tap 4 nodes) or stupid (mass events in low-level zones is the worse gameplay I’ve seen in an MMO ever). I have no issue with double fractal tasks, i only wish there was a separate category for fractals/dungeons and that the PvE tasks were more engaging — or at least didn’t feel like chores to get done before playing.

I’ll say this, though. As “incentives” to try WvW/PvP, the PvE dailies are perfect because they’re that bad. Unfortunately, that doesn’t address the reasons many PvE-only players avoid the PvP modes. And, for the record, Master of Ruins and Big Spender are no better than “Tap four nodes.”

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I’m all for world bosses and map events being more rewarding to play, but have no interesting them personally, and would prefer they not displace other PvE daily options, like fractals and dungeons.

Everything is inherently in competition with each other, because we can only 1 thing at a time as players. Personally I love it when all dailies line up, because it saves me a LOT of time by being able to do them all at once. Double fractal dailies are my favorite, because I can get 3 pristine relics for 1 hours worth of work, rather then 3 trips over 3 days.

I don’t farm fractals regularly, so this is by far the cheapest way for me to get ascended rings when I’m putting together a new build for a class. That may not make sense to someone who thinks ascended is unnecessary, but I spend a decent amount of time in WvW, and a 5% increase in stats is very significant at the scale it operates in.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I’m all for pve having a more realistic number of daily options with less restrictive objectives.

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I’d rather have them fix that Engineer all the time pops up twice on the Daily PvP <class> winner…

Like Daily Ranger or Engineer Winner AND Daily Engineer or Elementalist Winner…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Coldtart.4785

Well, with Heart of Thorns bringing a new assortment of items that can be purchased with Pristines, I think you might change your mind.

That would be contingent on those items actually being worthwhile.

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

yes pretty lame to do fractals for example im playing for 2 years and i havent seen a fractal from the inside yet, do i miss something? personally i dont but getting forced into fractal for a daily ill go back do my WvW daily.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Remember when dailies used to encompass basically anything you could do so almost nobody had to go out of their way to complete them? That was a pretty cool time…

Yes, before it was something I could incorporate into my usual stuff. Now it feels more like ‘sigh I have to do my daily now’. Before I used to have no problem leaving some things to the next afternoon, as long as I was done by reset. Now I want them done as fast as possible after reset so I do not need to deal with them anymore. Waypointing around a certain map to hope I catch an event in time? Seriously anet? Who calls that fun by any definition?

I will give double fractals one thing. I consider it a sign not to do dailies at all that day.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Could we, like, have this option every day?

Every time this happens threads like this pop out. It’s not like, you know, have pvp or wvw dailys you can do in 15 min, but lets qq on the forums, like, every time.

Coldtart.4785

Every time this happens threads like this pop out. It’s not like, you know, have pvp or wvw dailys you can do in 15 min, but lets qq on the forums, like, every time.

Can we have our old dailies back that never had any complaints at all? I just finished getting the double fractal daily and I would’ve done it anyway and I still think it’s moronic that anyone even entertained the idea let alone implemented it.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Patience, OP. Fractals will soon™ be getting their own daily track with HoT.

Until then, daily PvP rooms. Learn to love them~

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Majic: I feel your pain.
I don’t like Dungeons or PUGs so the daily Fractal has been a bane of my existence since they were introduced.

My problem for me is that 5 Pristine Fractal Relics are needed to make Maudry II and I desperately need to start getting rid of Bloodstone dust, so I had to reevaluate my Fractal attitude.

Just last week on the Fractal daily day, I ran a Fractal for the first time ever. I did Level 1 and I did it Solo. It took me about 30 minutes to complete (since I died a couple of times) but I got through it. I received an Ascended ring for my effort(among other goodies). I also got 1 Pristine Fractal Relic from the daily.

Since then I have soloed a Level 1 Fractal 3 times and have gotten the run down to less than 20 minutes. Got my 3rd Pristine Relic today.

Feel free to chat me in game if you are interested in trying this and want some tips. I am clearly not an expert with only 3 attempts under my belt but I will try to help where I can.

Posted by: Jayden Reese.9542

Jayden Reese.9542

Seriously stop crying. U can complete one single fractal kill one. Oss like swamp in 10 min get 2 pristine relics which is 20 percent towards a free ascended ring. Same w pvp dailys join a daily room get it done quick and get pve rewards on a track. I’ve got ascended weapon and two rings from it. If u are skipping easy free loot then I cant feel bad for u

Majic.4801

Strange. I haven’t shed a single tear, and despite my admittedly rather, like, flippant OP, there have been some very helpful and informative responses (thanks to everyone who posted them!).

Are we reading the same thread?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t like Dungeons or PUGs so the daily Fractal has been a bane of my existence since they were introduced.

My problem for me is that 5 Pristine Fractal Relics are needed to make Maudry II and I desperately need to start getting rid of Bloodstone dust, so I had to reevaluate my Fractal attitude.

Just last week on the Fractal daily day, I ran a Fractal for the first time ever. I did Level 1 and I did it Solo. It took me about 30 minutes to complete (since I died a couple of times) but I got through it. I received an Ascended ring for my effort(among other goodies). I also got 1 Pristine Fractal Relic from the daily.

Since then I have soloed a Level 1 Fractal 3 times and have gotten the run down to less than 20 minutes. Got my 3rd Pristine Relic today.

Feel free to chat me in game if you are interested in trying this and want some tips. I am clearly not an expert with only 3 attempts under my belt but I will try to help where I can.

Sorry but gonna have to call bullkitten on this. You don’t’ get rings from level 1-10 The rings start at 11-20

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

I like the double fractal dailies. I enjoy doing Fractals and this lets me kill two birds with one stone.

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

This are really good news.
I’m liking HoT more each day.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Sorry but gonna have to call bullkitten on this. You don’t’ get rings from level 1-10 The rings start at 11-20

Well, you can call it a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g your little heart desires but when I walked into the Level 1 Fractal I had no Ettinband in my inventory and when I walked out, guess what… yep, you guessed it, I had an Ettinband in my inventory. Imagine that.

Maybe it is not real, just a figment of my imagination. I better check my inventory again. Yep it is still there.

Shall I take it to a Master Jeweler to get appraised I wonder? Oh, silly me, I am a Master Jeweler. Yep I certify its Ascended authenticity.

Thank you for your interest in the possibility that ANet might be pawning off some faux Jewelry on me. Your concern is indeed touching.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Can we have our old dailies back that never had any complaints at all? I just finished getting the double fractal daily and I would’ve done it anyway and I still think it’s moronic that anyone even entertained the idea let alone implemented it.

You mean the old dailies, or the original daily system ?

Because if you’re not aware this is the 3rd revamp of the system. Don’t expect it to change again to cater to such an insignificant player base.

The amount of players who wont do dailies based on 2x fractal is smaller than the overall PvP population and we know how much attention they get

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I just ignore them and do WvW, it’s MUCH quicker but I agree it’s annoying when it happens. I am not against fractals or loathe doing them I just prefer to do them when I choose to and not when the daily decides I should.

That’s what I usually do, but as it turns out yesterday, there weren’t any of the awesome Bernie Sanders picks to offset the fract-holes. Like “kill a dolly”, “kill a vet”, “secure a shrine thing-a-ma-jig”, “buy something nice for yourself”. Kill a vet would be nice in PvE, and if the argument is that WvW is PvE, well there you go.

I do miss things like res’ing people and ambients and such. But, I’m hopeful the masteries will bring incentives to do some of those things back, in some form.