Another Swimsuit Request!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eth.4619

eth.4619

Men and women in bathing suits?! Too sexual! Everyone must wear sweat pants and other gender neutral clothing!

Fully Operational|80 Guardian – Fairly Operational|80 Mesmer
Ethereal Hurricane|80 Thief – Eaza Hurricane|80 Thief – Forserialmist|80 Necro
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

A Norn in a speedo. Yes. I’m sure that’s what the players want to burn their eyes witnessing.

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Yes, please, give us cute swimsuits.

And school uniforms too!!

What? Other games have them…

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Sex sells. Everybody knows that. That’s the reason why the women in this game can have so abnormal big breasts and booties. So why don’t add swimsuits and bikinis? They could make so much money.

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Banana Hammock crits you for 9 damage.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I’m disgusted to read such amounts of moralfa… woops, can’t write that, but you get the idea.

I for one support anything that gives us more options, wanna give us a muslim-esque full covered outfit? hell yeah, wanna give us the most revealing bikini/speedo? count me in!… if you dont like any of those, then don’t use it, you don’t have to ruin the game for everyone else because you dont like something.

eth.4619

You’ll always have people who get angry over simple things.

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

A Norn in a speedo. Yes. I’m sure that’s what the players want to burn their eyes witnessing.

Norns in speedos? Yes please! <3

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

I want this one.

Attachments:

eth.4619

That one looks pretty good, also, Norns wouldn’t fit in a speedo! :P

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

LOL – I logged into Labyrinthine Cliffs (I had last exited the game while underwater). When I appeared in-game, Kasmeer was right there swimming past me in her bikini, with Marjory in tow dressed up in her heavy black leather trenchcoat. I had to chuckle. Then they went up on shore and sat down. Kasmeer was out in the open soaking up some rays, and Marjory was under a tent. They began blathering on about Marjory being too fair-skinned, and quick to sunburn. Something like that. (Comes from spending all her time in a dark bar I suppose).

I had to get out of there. Their prattle grates on my nerves.

With regards to the thread, maybe they could come up with some kind of OUTFITS for swimwear that only appear when you go underwater (like the aquabreather does). You would THINK that that would please both sides of this issue. Nothing immersion-breaking or unnatural about a bikini underwater, right? Well… until you go underwater in Frostgorge Sound…

AQUABREATHERS! THERE’S a “real” issue… they really need higher quality aquabreathers in the game… and a checkbox to conceal them, just like normal headgear.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Adding on to my thought about “Underwater Outfits”…

Bubbles the Mermaid would be first in line at the Gem Store the day they announce a MERMAID TAIL for sale! I would LOVE to automatically swap into Mermaid form when entering water. It would re-energize the whole underwater world for me!

Other people might like skimpy beachwear. Some might prefer a scuba ensemble. Or even an old time suit with weighted boots, a heavy brass helmet, and oxygen lines leading up to the surface.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: cyanweapon.7290

cyanweapon.7290

With regards to the thread, maybe they could come up with some kind of OUTFITS for swimwear that only appear when you go underwater (like the aquabreather does). You would THINK that that would please both sides of this issue. Nothing immersion-breaking or unnatural about a bikini underwater, right? Well… until you go underwater in Frostgorge Sound…

While I can appreciate that you’re looking at it from a different angle, I don’t think anyone’s going to want that compromise. Having an entire outfit vanish outside the water makes as much sense as an entire outfit vanishing in the water. Aquabreathers get away with it because they’re generally just a mask. Someone could slip that on and off pretty easily, conceivably.

I think the people wanting swimwear to be introduced are going to be pretty firm about their expectations by now. I know I am.

Sartharina.3542

That one looks pretty good, also, Norns wouldn’t fit in a speedo! :P

That makes it all the better! <3

HHR LostProphet.4801

AQUABREATHERS! THERE’S a “real” issue… they really need higher quality aquabreathers in the game… and a checkbox to conceal them, just like normal headgear.

I can understand that some see swimsuits as immersionbreaking. But I rather want to see someone fighting in frostgorge just with a bikini than no bikinis whatsoever.

Regarding Underwaterbreather, I think they should merge the breather with the normal headgear.

Sartharina.3542

…I’d like to be able to fight in frostgorge with no bikini whatsoever!

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Adding on to my thought about “Underwater Outfits”…

Bubbles the Mermaid would be first in line at the Gem Store the day they announce a MERMAID TAIL for sale! I would LOVE to automatically swap into Mermaid form when entering water. It would re-energize the whole underwater world for me!

Other people might like skimpy beachwear. Some might prefer a scuba ensemble. Or even an old time suit with weighted boots, a heavy brass helmet, and oxygen lines leading up to the surface.

Just give my charr a fullbody wetsuit for use underwater and he’ll be happy.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

eth.4619

A gem store outfit would be ideal, not sure why everyone keeps suggesting limitations.

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

i think the issue with this is that a LOT of people will transmute their default armors into swimsuits. Imagine running Tequalt with half the zerg in swimsuits lol..when you put it that way, its quite fitting since the fight does take place on a beach but imagine doing jormag with swimsuits

How is that any different than fighting in a hot humid jungle while wearing a trenchcoat?

Exactly. MMORPG’s aren’t made for reality. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said ‘but this wouldn’t happen in the real world!’ or something along those lines… I would be able to afford a legendary. Seriously. This is a game people – of course you wouldn’t see people fighting almost nekkid.

Disclaimer: Ok maybe with the exception of Spartans and a few others – but hey, eye candy, right? ;-)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

Waiting since ages for those. I wonder in this Map every Charakter has one of those. It looks they testet if its possible that even Asura und Charr could wear those.

I am waiting so long for those and please make them also dyeable.

Another thing waiting so so long is to change color of the underwear and mayable the swimsuits could be setup inside of underwear as a players wants to do. In GW1 ist was really fun doing cleaning or underworld this way and this is what i am missing here.

Everything could be changed and colored inside the game, but why not underwear / swimsuits !! Thats the big question !!

eth.4619

I can understand that some see swimsuits as immersionbreaking. But I rather want to see someone fighting in frostgorge just with a bikini than no bikinis whatsoever.

Regarding Underwaterbreather, I think they should merge the breather with the normal headgear.

More options are always better than less, imo!

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

More options are always better than less, imo!

Don’t forget an option to dye our underwater helms. Man that annoys me so much we can’t do this. It ruins my whole outfit :-(

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I want to play my way in GW2; which would be in a manly Sylvari Swimsuit. :<

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

eth.4619

I want to play my way in GW2; which would be in a manly Sylvari Swimsuit. :<

Manly Sylvari Leaves!

Jade Quarry

eth.4619

i think the issue with this is that a LOT of people will transmute their default armors into swimsuits. Imagine running Tequalt with half the zerg in swimsuits lol..when you put it that way, its quite fitting since the fight does take place on a beach but imagine doing jormag with swimsuits

How is that any different than fighting in a hot humid jungle while wearing a trenchcoat?

Exactly. MMORPG’s aren’t made for reality. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said ‘but this wouldn’t happen in the real world!’ or something along those lines… I would be able to afford a legendary. Seriously. This is a game people – of course you wouldn’t see people fighting almost nekkid.

Disclaimer: Ok maybe with the exception of Spartans and a few others – but hey, eye candy, right? ;-)

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I want AALLLL KIIIIIINNNDDDSSSS of bikinis!

rincewind.9528

The other day I was in the beach in Laberyntine Cliffs, were Kasmeer and Marjory were sunbathing. (Well, not Jory, but you get it).
Kas swimsuit is pretty… And I have a… yellow thing. I’m not even sure if it’s underwear a swimsuit or my pajamas.
Thanks to the people in the map chat I finally got that they’re Battle Ready pajasuitwears.
So, I was there playing in the water in my uglies yellow Battle Ready Pajasuitwears.

But I want pretty swimsuits, like Kasmeer’s.

PS: And I wanted to make a sandcastle too!! But that’s another issue…

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Yep, still waiting for this. Even just giving us a way to show our default undies (like happens when you go to parts of Southsun Isle).

It’s SUMMER, time for the BEACH! And my Charr deserves some good time stretching out in the sun, darnit.

HOWEVER! It must not be a potion. That’s just stupid. Give us swimsuits we can dye.

Posted by: METALROCKS.6097

METALROCKS.6097

would be nice to have them. why not.
and agreed, not a toxin option.

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

I want to express my support for this.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

eth.4619

It’s nice to see so many people showing support for this! It can happen! McWorldddd!

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Shoryuken.9435

Shoryuken.9435

Only thing GW2 is missing: a green crystal hovering a bit over the head on everyone.

eth.4619

Only thing GW2 is missing: a green crystal hovering a bit over the head on everyone.

If only it were the Sims, then we could just make our own clothing!

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Is today GW2 Swimsuit day yet?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

rincewind.9528

Why Kas has a cute swimsuit and I have a ugly yellow battle ready pajaundersuit?

Give us cute/sexy swimnsuits anet!!

eth.4619

Is today GW2 Swimsuit day yet?

Hopefully today will be!

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

It’s nearly summer and still nothing to swim. Ok LA Lagune is destroyed, but there maybe some other nice place for some swiming.

HHR LostProphet.4801

Still waiting, still hoping…

Posted by: Emperor.1360

Emperor.1360

I would LOVE swimsuits/bikinis, especially if they were dye-able so I could have a red one.

Unfortunately, I think the “hip/trendy/progressive” masses would decry it as being offensive in some way, or otherwise demeaning to women.

I am a woman and I am glad that I do not share THAT opinion. I love the skimpy clothing for my elementalist and would enjoy swimsuits, too.

Omnes stulti estis, quod putatis vos esse
intellegentes eximiosque, quamvis
non fuistis, vere non estis et eritis numquam.

eth.4619

I would LOVE swimsuits/bikinis, especially if they were dye-able so I could have a red one.

Unfortunately, I think the “hip/trendy/progressive” masses would decry it as being offensive in some way, or otherwise demeaning to women.

I am a woman and I am glad that I do not share THAT opinion. I love the skimpy clothing for my elementalist and would enjoy swimsuits, too.

Maybe Anet will surprise us! Here is hoping!

Jade Quarry

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

the biggest argument I can think of against them is that pretty much every character would be wearing them rather than their normal armor..

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I think the fact that they would be so common is the biggest deterrent for ANet. I think in time people would get tired of seeing their own characters in bikinis, but who knows.

It would have to be a single costume, clearly, not separate armor pieces. And then they’ll add a “hide player outfits” option. :P

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

I think the fact that they would be so common is the biggest deterrent for ANet. I think in time people would get tired of seeing their own characters in bikinis, but who knows.

It would have to be a single costume, clearly, not separate armor pieces. And then they’ll add a “hide player outfits” option. :P

Sadly, I think the more likely reason is that ANet doesn’t give two figs about what the RP players want.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I think that would happen pretty quickly. You’ve seen what happens with the other outfits they release.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

We should make July 4th, Swimsuit Independence day! Everyone just unequip Coats, Leggings, and Boots and run the rest with visibility turned off. A little more challenging but certainly doable.

For Great Liberty!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

the biggest argument I can think of against them is that pretty much every character would be wearing them rather than their normal armor..

For a few hours at most, then back to running around as usual. Everything should be armor pieced so they can be mixed and matched. Tonics and costumes should be left as the band aids used to get the wardrobe up and running without having to redo so much. Pretty much everything else should be armor pieces.

Still ticked off over my favorite town clothes, the Ornate Rouched Shirt and Khaki Cargo shorts!!! We haven’t forgotten Anet!!! Grrrr…..

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Sleazebag.9427

Sleazebag.9427

i’m not really against this idea but i’m pretty sure i’ll be creeped out by the tons of players constantly wearing this on their “waifu” characters. good grief i already had shivers thinking about that creepy crap

Posted by: Nini.8941

Nini.8941

Would be nice if they made it so that people can change their standard underwear to bikinis / change to some colors – meaning they would not have any armor value / stats just like underwear now.

Or make it some kind of only underwater use armor.

Would just look weird with bikini / speedo combat otherwise.

(edited by Nini.8941)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Would be nice if they made it so that people can change their standard underwear to bikinis / change to some colors – meaning they would not have any armor value / stats just like underwear now.

Or make it some kind of only underwater use armor.

Would just look weird with bikini / speedo combat otherwise.

That would solve the problem of using it in combat, yes, and it will lead to far less people using it to “annoy” others.

But on the other hand… I’m really afraid that “underwear wardrobe” would unfortunately cause far more RAGE posts from purists and concerned mommas than a simple swimsuit outfit, even though it actually leads to less overall density of displayed swimsuits in the game.

i’m not really against this idea but i’m pretty sure i’ll be creeped out by the tons of players constantly wearing this on their “waifu” characters. good grief i already had shivers thinking about that creepy crap

Jeez, you must get really terrified at beaches.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: DoomKnightMax.6592

DoomKnightMax.6592

Bikinis would be awesome! Speedos not so much, but we can always have cool swimming trunks?