Any RPers or RP-heavier Servers?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hi,

I’ve been playing since launch (Anvil Rock) and have not once seen anyone roleplaying with eachother or any guilds with RP recruiting, I was wondering if this is simply a result of a bad server choice or of Guild Wars 2 just happens to have a lack of a roleplaying community.
Have you seen any RPers in your server/Do you RP yourself?

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Hi,

I’ve been playing since launch (Anvil Rock) and have not once seen anyone roleplaying with eachother or any guilds with RP recruiting, I was wondering if this is simply a result of a bad server choice or of Guild Wars 2 just happens to have a lack of a roleplaying community.

Tarnished Coast is the unofficial RP-centric server, and it’s awesome to have a world were there are adventuring parties and in-game player events to flesh out the zones. It’s a treat to be sure.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

(edited by Mackdose.6504)

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

Hi,

Tarnished Coast is the unofficial RP-centric server, and it’s awesome to have a world were there are adventuring parties and in-game player events to flesh out the zones. It’s a treat to be sure.

This ^^

Tarnished Coast has a lot of RP guilds and events. I cant play in a zone without seeing someone RPing. I am not an RPer but there is no shortage on TC. I love TC even though I do not RP but some ppl in my guild like to RP with other guilds. I have been on 2 other servers and found my home in TC and have never looked back. Probably the best community I have seen in any game I have played.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ruprect.7260)

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

It should be noted that Tarnished Coast is the unofficial North American RP server, while Piken Square is the unofficial European RP Server.

Source: http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

Posted by: Khairos.3890

Khairos.3890

Hi,

This ^^

Tarnished Coast has a lot of RP guilds and events. I cant play in a zone without seeing someone RPing. I am not an RPer but there is no shortage on TC. I love TC even though I do not RP but some ppl in my guild like to RP with other guilds. I have been on 2 other servers and found my home in TC and have never looked back. Probably the best community I have seen in any game I have played.

What he said. TC is very well populated, and the RPers make the game feel like it has a been more life. Plus, for non-RPers, if you ever get the itch to give it a try, people are always open and willing to acknowledge and take you seriously. There’s even a few heavy PvX guilds that occassionally like to stop by the taverns in DR for some good old roleplaying. Awesome community, great people.

Helia – Stormbluff Isle – [MORD]

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

It should be noted that Tarnished Coast is the unofficial North American RP server, while Piken Square is the unofficial European RP Server.

Source: http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

Drakkar Lake for German only players, probably not relevant for him but just for completeness.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Piken Square is a really lovely place to be too. There are some out there who are of the opinion that only tarnished coast counts and that piken’s community should be rounded up and shipped over there, but we pikeners are quite happy where we are and are doing well.

So yes, Piken Square rp – alive and well.

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ha wow! That’s great to know, I bet there are a lot of RPers who wish they knew this before picking their server.

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

now i know whats going to be permanent guest server! wish thetre were more rpr’s on desolation

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Tarnished Coast for those on the North American side of things, and Piken Square for the Europeans. I’m on the latter, which is great fun and has had several very interesting events come to pass recently. We’re mid way through the very curious trial of a criminal boss who’s been very influential in DR.

(edited by Safer Saviour.9685)

Posted by: Rynn.1324

Rynn.1324

+1 for Tarnished Coast. There’s a fairly heavy RP presence there, along with a huge number of RP-centric guilds. If you enjoy RP, it’s certainly the place to be.

[Tarnished Coast] Lizzibeth Huffles, Asuran Genius (Engineer) at Play