Any future elite spec ideas?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fipmip.7219

Fipmip.7219

Even at 300 hours of game time, I’m still a huge noob at this game so I started wondering what elite specializations might come in the future, I also wondered what more experienced members of the community might want to see. I had a couple of my own ideas that i will share now:

Duelist
Thief elite spec – This specialization allows you to wield a sword in the off hand. This comes with two new abilities for dagger and pistol main hand, and a whole new set for double swords. The class is mainly built around defending against and attackinging single targets with little to no cleave, and and has high bleed condition potential.

Faithbringer
Guardian elite spec – This specialization allows the guardian to wield a pistol in the main hand. The idea is to make a kind of holy damage dealer, one that can do single target damage at range and/or team defense. The inspiration is like the warrior priests and witch hunters from warhammer. Healing allies or taking damage from enemies charges and eventually unlocks a toolbelt ability called Judgement, in which the Faithbearer can cast a huge single target ranged damage attack. Moving cancels the attack. The animation and possibly even effects of the attack change depending on the weapon equipped.

(edited by Fipmip.7219)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Personally im bubling over with ideas for more E-Specs. With my ideas for them could Anet practically make like over the next 10 years over the next 5 expansions E-Specs for all classes easily xD

Thief needs to receive next Assassin (Dual Swords), Rogue (Longbow), Infiltrator (Whip), Saboteur (Torch/Mace) and lastly Mercenary (Greatsword)

Warrior needs to receive next Gladiator (Spear), Legionnaire (Whip), Ascetic (Staff), Bellicist (Focus) and lastly Gunslinger (Pistols)

Mesmer needs to receive next Bard (Shortbow), Bladedancer (Spear), Visionary (Dagger), Demolisher (Hammer) and lastly Dreamcatcher (Warhorn)

Guardian needs to receive next Seeker (Dual Swords), Inquisitor (Spear), Warden (Warhorn), Faithbringer (Daggers) and lastly Exorcist (Whip)

Necromancer needs to receive next Ritualist (Spear), Torturer (Whip), Executioner (Hammer), Desecrator (Shield) and lastly Occultist (Sword)

The Ranger needs to receive next the Skirmisher (Whip), Strider (Shield), Shaman (Scepter), Scout (Spear) and lastly the Pathfinder (Hammer)

The Elementalist needs to receive next the Summoner (Spear), Gunner (Rifle), Sage (Longbow), Bender (Whip) and lastly the Slayer (Greatsword)

The Engineer needs to receive next the Alchemist (Axes), Technomancer (Staff), Inventor (Mace), Pioneer (Warhorn/Spear) and lastly the Runologist (Scepter)

The Revenant needs to receive next the Vanguard (Scepter/Gwen), the Tormentor (Spear/Mhenlo), the Mistguide (Focus/Razah) and lastly the Prophet (Torch/Lich)

Tadaaa

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Luindu.2418

Luindu.2418

Typhoon (elementalist) with Trident as long range weapon and a class mechanic similar to the Scourge, (4 differentiated shades/thypoons). Once is unleashed you loose the option atunement with that element until you cancel that thyphoon.

(….) (elementalist) with Hammer, based on magma, playing atunements on a different form: Water as condi/CC; Fire as defensive/condi clear; Earth as damage/mobility and Air as condi cleanse/healing