Any plans to revisit teqautl, again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Just curious if Arenanet realizes that a very small percentage of the playerbase is doing tequatl these days. Since Ive been playing the game again, no one on my server has tried it.

I know you wanted to make something difficult, but you kind of took content away with the change. Any plans to modify it again to make it doable?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I still think all they need is some proper event scaling. Maybe a minimum number of people, but not 80. That’s ridiculous, especially when nobody knows exactly when to be there.

I would also like to see the timer removed in favor of some other win/lose criteria. There is no “logical” reason for her to just leave after 15 minutes with nothing accomplished. Maybe if she destroys a certain number of things (cannons, megalaser, etc.) then she leaves with a victory. But right now it just feels like we scared her off and we won.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

Given that this ‘revamp’ made a part of the world less living, I’d certainly hope they fix him over in the future. At least they can learn from this in future boss changes.

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Given that this ‘revamp’ made a part of the world less living, I’d certainly hope they fix him over in the future. At least they can learn from this in future boss changes.

My thoughts exactly.

That boss should be scaled down to maybe 30 people difficulty instead of 80. Then maybe small guilds would finally go and do it.

I understand that this event was supposed to be a challenge and it was, but challenges are good to make it once or twice. After that its mostly boring so everyone left.

Also rewards started to deteriorate over time and there is nothing good from TQ fight now except lottery like chance for Ascended item, but most people hate RNG so they wont do it anymore for the reward.

In other words, PLEASE fix TQ.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

This is the part where people come in here saiyng “but guilds dedicated to killing him kill him daily” blah blah blah.

I agree, it needs some more changes.

Posted by: Mojo.7986

Mojo.7986

Is there any reason why, and I’m just thinking out loud here, they don’t put a message like “Ominous winds are blowing” or “There’s something in the water” in the chat window like they do with Scarlet? The whole reason I don’t generally do these events is I don’t want to play the game by keeping an eye on a website. That is “somewhat” immersion breaking,

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I still think all they need is some proper event scaling. Maybe a minimum number of people, but not 80. That’s ridiculous, especially when nobody knows exactly when to be there.

This Isn’t entirely true anymore as Teqatl doesn’t have a window any more .

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

If by “doable” you mean “reduce the health to 1/5th and remove everything challenging so I can make him part of my super-fun daily run of pinata-boss-punching” then I wouldn’t count on it. And in fact, I like telling my guildies “hey let’s go do a boss” and not falling asleep midway.

If you mean make the boss scale to lower amounts of players, reduce the waiting time and similar things, then I’m all for it.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Medieval.1679

Medieval.1679

Teq is ok. He lands, no one cares, he flies away.

So what’s the problem?

Septemptus.7164

So what’s the problem?

+1

You just shown how much people cares for this revamp.
Only sad thing is that we lost not bad world boss. This is why I back all those posts that call for a bit wisdom on that revamp.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

o_o; That sounds rough… he’s a super fun fight. We do him pretty regularly on SBI, usually right around daily reset time. (Not sure if they do that on weekdays, I can only catch him on weekends due to work.)

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Did it once – got most of the achievements – still have 3 left – there’s just no reason to go through all the hassle of doing him.

I wonder – do people still do it? And if yes – Why?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

He’s incredibly fun to fight! It’s really nice to see a random group of people from different guilds across the server actually coordinate to take down a decently interesting fight.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

super-fun daily

Umm.. this is a video game. Shouldn’t we be having fun every day???

For Tequatl, yes I too feel he needs to be scaled back. It was fun for a temporary challenge but, after 2 weeks it should have reverted back. The is the dilemma the Dev’s face, temporary vs permanent content. People complain either way but, when it comes to extra difficulty, it shouldn’t be daily. First Southsun, then Tequatl, and even the new TA path are perfect examples of how to make ghost towns out of content.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I was out-of-game for 6 weeks when Anet revamped Teq. My server (Gunnar’s Hold) did it a coupe of times back then, but no more.

I happened to be in Sparkfly once when Teq spawned and it was so odd seeing no one else around. I even asked in LA last weekend if the server does Teq anymore, and the response was a rather emphatic “no” …

Would like to give it a go, but I do not know of any EU server or guild that does Teq.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

I was out-of-game for 6 weeks when Anet revamped Teq. My server (Gunnar’s Hold) did it a coupe of times back then, but no more.

I happened to be in Sparkfly once when Teq spawned and it was so odd seeing no one else around. I even asked in LA last weekend if the server does Teq anymore, and the response was a rather emphatic “no” …

Would like to give it a go, but I do not know of any EU server or guild that does Teq.

Far Shiverpeaks does it mostly daily, we even have a special teamspeak channel set up for it. It is great fun! On the weekends we have even had two overflows…

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The fight itself is fine as it is. It’s kind of GW2 equivalent to a raid (even if it wasnt intended to be). Only a small proportion of players raid in any game, as intended (again, even if not by design in this case).

What they need to do is acknowledge that this is really content for organised battalions and not random PUGs, and just make it an instancrd guild mission which can be set up by a guild so people can schedule and prepare for it.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

It’s hard to believe that Anet didn’t see this coming. The easiest way to fix this without altering anything is the INCREASE the rewards to a significant enough level that every player wants to do it. E.G. give it a 20 % chance for a ascended weapon. I guess that would also make crafting them useless but it’s got to be done.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Umm.. this is a video game. Shouldn’t we be having fun every day???

For Tequatl, yes I too feel he needs to be scaled back. It was fun for a temporary challenge but, after 2 weeks it should have reverted back.

I am having fun killing Tequatl everyday as it is now. You have 15 other world bosses you can go auto-attack.

I was going for a TTS overflow the other day and ended up in a pug overflow that killed it with time to spare. The people going for it now know what they’re doing so that even pug maps are doing it. Without all the lazy auto-attackers, people who refuse to wp when dead or move off a turret when they dont know what theyre doing, you’re pretty well guaranteed success.
Everyone could do this daily. Playerbase is hurting themselves in this case. You now have a set spawn time, so you even know when to go.
It’s really depressing to come to these forums and see people trying to destroy one of the few things I actually enjoy doing in this game (fractals, Tequatl and WvW are about all I do in this game). But as long as you have fun, who cares if it ruins it for someone else, right? 15+ easy mode bosses isn’t enough, obviously.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Far Shiverpeaks does it mostly daily, we even have a special teamspeak channel set up for it. It is great fun! On the weekends we have even had two overflows…

This.

Just yesterday, we’ve broken our servers time record for the kill. There was also the topic in teamspeak of maybe starting to do it twice a day because we often have many people in the overflows who don’t get to do it. But then we’d probably need some people from other servers to help out, which would be kinda difficult. But yeah; we’re doing it daily on Far Shiverpeaks. It’s fun, and the loot is quite nice on top of that!

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Thanks for the info!

I will try guesting on Far Shiverpeaks sometime, and I have TS if that helps.
I have a DPS guardian with both full zerker and PVT kit I can bring to the party …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I kill him any day I feel like, because I recently joined TTS and so far have a 100% success rate. We had 6:00 left one day last week, which is the best time for me personally. He doesn’t need to be changed, but there does need to be a better way to join up with others who want to defeat him. Joining a guild specifically for one world boss wasn’t my favorite way to go about it, but it works and the people are nice about getting you in for a kill. I’ve mentioned in the past that teq should be a raid that you queue for, with people able to designate themselves as a raid leader. The raid leader owns the instance and can start the raid any time during the spawn window. This would make the fight available to more people throughout the day, rather than the majority at reset only.

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Yes, most of players for loot, that’s the truth.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Tequatl always spawns exactly every 2 hours now and if your server does not do him, you might want to look for another one. Mine is doing him several times a day with 5min+ to spare. We do not need any guilds organising it, we are all pugs here.
Yesterday we had over 7min to spare twice.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Tequatl always spawns exactly every 2 hours now and if your server does not do him, you might want to look for another one. Mine is doing him several times a day with 5min+ to spare. We do not need any guilds organising it, we are all pugs here.
Yesterday we had over 7min to spare twice.

mind sharing which server you are playing and approx. timings?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So what’s the problem?

I want to fight him. I want his loots.
I dont want Teq 1.0
I dont want Teq 2.0
I want somewhere in the middle. What was arenanet thinking with 80 man requirement?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Guys who kill Tequatl,
where are you playing? I would like to join you, I am from EU region.
I know the tactics, but my guild doesn’t do it and my server Gandara either.
I miss the only achiev – Flawless Defense …. it’s annoying that it is the last thing I need for the title

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

cought cought (points to his signature, with the apply link!)

Description: http://www.reddit.com/r/txs/wiki/index#wiki_what.27s_txs

We’re mostly guesting these days, but sometimes we still do it on an OF.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

Posted by: Gillian.1859

Gillian.1859

Ok, so which server is doing Teq and when???? Northern Shiverpeaks is still a failure and i never got my achievements. Most of the active players in my guild has guested but (how nice of them) never actually informed the rest of us who are not always on TS.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Make Teq instanced, and bump the rewards. It could be downscaled to say, 30-40man instance. The fight is just too unorganized for my taste.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It’s really depressing to come to these forums and see people trying to destroy one of the few things I actually enjoy doing in this game.

I agree. What annoys me is that because people can’t beat tequatl on their terms they have to come here and complain of bad game design.

Tequatl requires a certain degree of coordination to overcome and you have people/guilds that do this very efficiently now, you need to think beyond your server.

One of my issues with this game is content is too easy, so I like this update.

In summary if you don’t like it DON’T DO IT and if you want to do it then be PRO-ACTIVE and get with people that are happy to coordinate and have yourself a win.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

SoPP.7034

This is the part where people come in here saiyng “but guilds dedicated to killing him kill him daily” blah blah blah.

Then someone would reply with “It’s too hard, I want the rewards without challenge” blah blah blah.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Did it once – got most of the achievements – still have 3 left – there’s just no reason to go through all the hassle of doing him.

I dunno why, but people still do it, every day after reset I see someone in my guild asking if anyone wants to be “taxid into teq overflow”

It’s hard to believe that Anet didn’t see this coming. The easiest way to fix this without altering anything is the INCREASE the rewards to a significant enough level that every player wants to do it. E.G. give it a 20 % chance for a ascended weapon. I guess that would also make crafting them useless but it’s got to be done.

That won’t fix it for long. Ascended items are soul bound so after you get your set they have no use to a player at all (can’t sell them) so you’d have maybe 2 or 3 weeks of it and then it’ll be a dead zone again.

What they need to do is acknowledge that this is really content for organised battalions and not random PUGs, and just make it an instancrd guild mission which can be set up by a guild so people can schedule and prepare for it.

agreed

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Then someone would reply with “It’s too hard, I want the rewards without challenge” blah blah blah.

As if this Tequatl even poses a challenge. All it changed is that a bigger zerg is mandatory, and it has to split on 4 groups every now and then.

Basically, the only problem is having a zerg big enough in the area to fight him. And that’s also the reason why many servers can’t do it without organizing it beforehand.
Having such a base scaling is what kills the encounter.
Just lower it and make it doable with 30 people. Then people will do it even without organizing beforehand – because they can expect to find other ones, since they don’t need an army to even try doing it.
And “scaling” doesn’t mean making it easier, anyway. As long as it scales well.

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

When they revealed the information about the encounter the first thing that popped to my mind was: this amount of minimum players if WAY too much. And yes. It is. It’s a great encounter, but I haven’t been able to complete it on my own server because barely anyone does it. I should not have to guest over to another server in order to do a fight like this.

The scaling needs to be revisited.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

Revamp the event system, make global view of the events in the map when it is running.

SoPP.7034

As if this Tequatl even poses a challenge. All it changed is that a bigger zerg is mandatory, and it has to split on 4 groups every now and then.

You must have missed my post prior to this (actually right before it).

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

So what’s the problem?

I want to fight him. I want his loots.
I dont want Teq 1.0
I dont want Teq 2.0
I want somewhere in the middle. What was arenanet thinking with 80 man requirement?

I think they hope to see a camaraderie of some sort.

Idea-wise, it’s good. However, they overlooked one thing: what’s the incentive to do it?

In GW2, fun is NOT enough. Most players are looking for rewards.

Why not put something on Teq that will make people do it? Why not put a unique item drop – it’s random, sure, but we can only get it on Teq?

It’s NOT an advantage stat-wise, I’m thinking, something like a unique set of skins?

And before people react to “random” – it’s a thing to have people do it over and over. Yeah, it’s like farming, but not required – just added incentive…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I hope the TA revamp, the karka queen, and Teq revamp serve as a wake up call for ANet. Yes some people like hard content, but after a while, no one does it. The rewards just aren’t worth it.

There just isn’t the critical mass necessary to make these things a success. Also, before people qq about playing for fun, IMO neither the new TA, Teq, nor the Karka Queen are “fun”.

I think this kind of hard content is perfect for the short term (1 month change) and then back to farm status.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Septemptus.7164

I want to know if its true. PM me the time or TS address.
I would love to do it again.

fellyn.5083

It’s only challenging now, and I use the word extremely loosely, for all the wrong reasons. The mechanics of the fight are dead easy to get used to and beat.

It’s only challenging because you need 100+ people to all hop into an overflow server and use voice comms.

I personally don’t consider that challenging but I guess some do. There is no sense of satisfaction because your personal skill level doesn’t play even the smallest role in killing him.

And then there is the fact that only a very small portion of the player base are in big zerg guilds that are capable of killing him. Not everyone is interested in being in one of those guilds. So we’re blocked from killing him for some stupid arbitrary reason when no other piece of content in the game requires anything close to the numbers required to be beat him.

It’s just bad design pure and simple.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

MrRuin.9740

It’s only challenging now, and I use the word extremely loosely, for all the wrong reasons. The mechanics of the fight are dead easy to get used to and beat.

It’s only challenging because you need 100+ people to all hop into an overflow server and use voice comms.

Yet, servers with more than enough people at the event fail. Because manning and knowing how to use turrets is too challenging. Knowing to wp when dead is too challenging. Knowing to kill the fingers is too challenging. You don’t need voice comms. The organization is as simple as people paying attention when on turrets and people calling out the times on battery defense, coz some people lag and don’t know when to go back (not their fault, obviously). Apparently that is too challenging as well.
There’s more than enough people to show up at this, especially with a set spawn time. More than enough people show up at other mindless world bosses after reset that could show up at Tequatl. This just shows that anything beyond idly standing and auto-attacking is too challenging for a lot of the playerbase.

fellyn.5083

Yet, servers with more than enough people at the event fail. Because manning and knowing how to use turrets is too challenging. Knowing to wp when dead is too challenging. Knowing to kill the fingers is too challenging. You don’t need voice comms. The organization is as simple as people paying attention when on turrets and people calling out the times on battery defense, coz some people lag and don’t know when to go back (not their fault, obviously). Apparently that is too challenging as well.
There’s more than enough people to show up at this, especially with a set spawn time. More than enough people show up at other mindless world bosses after reset that could show up at Tequatl. This just shows that anything beyond idly standing and auto-attacking is too challenging for a lot of the playerbase.

It’s funny that you say all that but you say it’s easy when you set a time for it. Of course it’s easy to get it done when you plan ahead.

The first part is what you get when you ask a random group of 100+ people to try to be coordinated. It’s just not going to happen.

And as a world event open to everyone it should not require that kind of coordination.

If you want challenging tough fights they need to be instanced in controlled environments. Which is exactly the opposite of what we have.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

MrRuin.9740

It’s funny that you say all that but you say it’s easy when you set a time for it. Of course it’s easy to get it done when you plan ahead.

The first part is what you get when you ask a random group of 100+ people to try to be coordinated. It’s just not going to happen.

No, I did not say I set a time for it. Nor did anyone in the playerbase. The spawn time was changed. There is no longer a 1hour window. The counter counts down and it will spawn within minutes of the countdown ending. You know almost exactly when it spawn at any given time. You’re telling me people can’t plan ahead to be there at a known spawn time when they will sit on Queensdale in the swamp for a half hour before the window waiting for Behemoth?
And it doesnt take a ton of coordination. It takes learning and knowing what to do. You must have a very low opinion of the playerbase. Out of 80 people, you are assuming the majority are too stupid to know to move out of aoes, kill fingers and run to battery defense? And how hard is it to press a button to remove scales and cleanse zerg if you’re on a turret? Doesn’t even take a person leading the charge, its that easy. Its a matter of paying attention and not being lazy. If theres a commander or two barking out the basics in map chat, so much the better. Is it so hard to pay attention?
You can have huge zergs in WvW, temple events, Champ trains, other world bosses, in the Living story, but Tequatl is drawing the line for huge zergs? Because turrets have to be defended and used properly?
I’m sorry, but I would assume that people playing this game aren’t that dumb and could actually do this no problem.
You make it sound a giant logistical nightmare, which it is not. If people took the time to learn the fight, this could be done easily on any server with all pugs.

(edited by MrRuin.9740)

Manuhell.2759

People show in other events simply because they know they don’t depend on at least 80 other people to be able to complete them.
And you have no way to know beforehand if they are there, anyway.
Unless it was organized.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

The fight itself is fine as it is. It’s kind of GW2 equivalent to a raid (even if it wasnt intended to be). Only a small proportion of players raid in any game

That is not true. As for a notable example, 60-80% of active players do raid current tier of content in WoW. There were data presented on this topic not that long ago. That being said, WoW is a raiding platform more than anything else. Just wanted to note the inconsistency.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Revert to old event.

Make revamped event a guild mission.

/twobirdsonestone

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

MrRuin.9740

People show in other events simply because they know they don’t depend on at least 80 other people to be able to complete them.
Unless it was organized.

Cool. I’ll guest over and watch you do Balthazar (or any temple without pre-planning of people to show up for it) without a zerg. Then you can show me how you champ train in Frostgorge without one. And how you take enemy keeps in WvW without one.
Since you don’t expect t rely on any significant amount of other people, you should be able to show up and not expect to have to depend on any amount of other people to succeed.
Why stop at Tequatl? I say we reduce Balthazar and all temples to being able to be duo’d. I also want to be able to solo or duo Stonemist castle. And I want to do a Champ train with 5 people as efficiently as a zerg.
This stuff should all scale to fit my specific needs.

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

So when Tequatl came out, everyone was saying it’s a perfect fight, nothing needs to change and all other bosses need to be redone this way, now people got bored of it and are saying they should revert it back…
Can’t please everyone, I guess. Imo it’s good for the game to have at least one boss like that, but maybe in the future move it to the instanced raid? Because even if you organize enough people, the biggest challenge then becomes actually getting them all to the same map and minimizing amount of randoms.

Manuhell.2759

Unless it was organized.

Cool. I’ll guest over and watch you do Balthazar (or any temple without pre-planning of people to show up for it) without a zerg. Then you can show me how you champ train in Frostgorge without one. And how you take enemy keeps in WvW without one.
Since you don’t expect t rely on any significant amount of other people, you should be able to show up and not expect to have to depend on any amount of other people to succeed.
Why stop at Tequatl? I say we reduce Balthazar and all temples to being able to be duo’d. I also want to be able to solo or duo Stonemist castle. And I want to do a Champ train with 5 people as efficiently as a zerg.
This stuff should all scale to fit my specific needs.

There is quite a difference from “any significant amount of people” and “at least half of the players that can be in a full map”.
And you don’t need the latter for the temple events. And neither for a champ train, anyway.
But more than anything, they don’t need such numbers to even have a chance of succeeding. Unlike Tequatl.
You can kill champions with 5 people, albeit more slowly than a zerg. Some temple event can be done with 10 or 20 people, or even less. And them being level 80 maps, often with other events related, makes it even easier to find people interested already on map.
But expecting to find more than half of a mid-high level map full (possibly of lvl 80 characters) of players that have no reason to be there other than attempt a boss that can’t even be tried unless you’ve got that many people?
Impossible, because many of them will make this same reasoning.
Unless you’re organized beforehand – thus you already know there will be enough people.

So what happens is that the event isn’t even tried on most of the servers, and done only,if and where people know beforehand they can find enough people.