Any plans to revisit teqautl, again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

You can kill champions with 5 people, albeit more slowly than a zerg. Some temple event can be done with 10 or 20 people, or even less. And them being level 80 maps, often with other events related, makes it even easier to find people interested already on map.
But expecting to find more than half of a mid-high level map full (possibly of lvl 80 characters) of players that have no reason to be there other than attempt a boss that can’t even be tried unless you’ve got that many people?

Unacceptable. They don’t scale to how I want to do them. I don’t care if you want to do them with 20 people or more. I want to duo them. The requirements are wrong and your justifications are blind to my needs……………
………………That’s exactly how it feels trying to explain this Tequatl event to people who won’t even try it.

The reasoning is flawed, since maps go into overflow all the time for champ trains. Nevermind how many people you find afk waiting for some low-end world boss that takes 3mins. You take those people and throw into Sparkfly Fen and boom, you have yourself a completed Tequatl. The numbers here are severely exagerrated as well. You do not need a full overflow or 100 people. I have been involved in it more than once on maps that are not full. So, stop making it sound like its impossible and alot worse than it actually is. I have heard it can be done with 50 people (I have yet to know this for sure, though I would like to try). Theres more than that at Behemoth after reset.
The only difference is, you can have half the zerg at Behemoth do nothing and it still succeeds in 5mins. People get lazy at Tequatl and it fails. Thats what it comes down to. Actual fear of failure.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

… That’s ridiculous, especially when nobody knows exactly when to be there…..

I think they should make him spawn about once every second day or so… Would bring a lot more people and generally make it feel more epic and a lot less ordinary.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Unacceptable. They don’t scale to how I want to do them. I don’t care if you want to do them with 20 people or more. I want to duo them. The requirements are wrong and your justifications are blind to my needs……………
………………That’s exactly how it feels trying to explain this Tequatl event to people who won’t even try it.

I did it, for over a month, with the desolation reset squad.
Because trying to do it in my home server was useless – cause no one even tried.

The reasoning is flawed, since maps go into overflow all the time for champ trains. Nevermind how many people you find afk waiting for some low-end world boss that takes 3mins. You take those people and throw into Sparkfly Fen and boom, you have yourself a completed Tequatl.

The flawed reasoning is yours.
Those people you’re talking about are doing those activities because they don’t need a whole lot of players to begin with – they just scale with, and eventually are made easier.
They won’t just go in a desolate waypoint in a corner of kitten -65 level map and wait there hoping for other 79 people to come, and waste time if they don’t do. Because the event is unfeasible otherwise.

The numbers here are severely exagerrated as well. You do not need a full overflow or 100 people. I have been involved in it more than once on maps that are not full. So, stop making it sound like its impossible and alot worse than it actually is. I have heard it can be done with 50 people (I have yet to know this for sure, though I would like to try). Theres more than that at Behemoth after reset.
The only difference is, you can have half the zerg at Behemoth do nothing and it still succeeds in 5mins. People get lazy at Tequatl and it fails. Thats what it comes down to. Actual fear of failure.

No, it is sure failure unless there is a zerg – because the base scaling is too high. Thereis lies the problem.
And that’s why you find people doing behemoth and not tequatl unless there is some organization beforehand.
If a couple of people find themselves alone 10 minutes before the behemoth starts (even without considering that the event must be triggered), they can just rely on some few other people to come. Same for other events with a low enough base scaling. But we’re still talking about some tens of people.
If one tries to go to the Tequatl area ten minutes before it starts and there are 20 people, he probably won’t even wait there – the event have no chance at all to succeed with such low numbers – and he’ll just do something else. Because people don’t spend time of an event if they know beforehand they have no chance to start with. And since we’re talking about unorganized people, they are probably unrelated people that will act like the one i described before – because they just won’t waste time hoping for a zerg to come there.