Anyone Quit?

Anyone Quit?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

@Daedalus: I’m playing endgame content on my elementalist just fine. And my friend is owning so hard in spvp with his necro that I can’t even get him to run some explorables with me.

But you’re right. The forums are saying that elementalists just die all the time… Hm, maybe I’m playing the class wrong. I’ll try and read up on the forums to see if I can fail harder.

Good for you. I’m so glad that you know better than a lot of other people. Want a cookie mr. elitist?

/ignore I’m done with this topic. Too many fanboys of all natures here. Can’t have a discussion anywhere without ruffling some stupid bird’s feathers.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

I’m on the threshold of just saying to hell with it. Bugs, dungeons, storyline and plain ole dumb game mechanics like falling 20 meters underwater if you miss your jump to shore what type of nimrod programmer thought that would be cool.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Look I’m sorry but saying we should go look at the forums to see how bad the elementalist is is just stupid. I look in the game and I see plenty of elementalists just destroying.

Just because you’re complaining and I’m not doesn’t make me an elitist. I’m not even a good player I just learned how to survive with my ele.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

See, you are the reason no real conversation or debate can go on in the forums. Why did you say “WoWites”? I have NEVER played WoW and I never intend to. And who is “we”? It most certainly is not the majority of players (at least those that are on the forums) as is obvious. I’m pretty sure at the end I mentioned that I love GW2 and that it ruined other MMOs for me. Now, to be fair, maybe I didn’t make it clear. I find GW2 to be a lot of fun WHEN WORKING CORRECTLY. But I don’t want to play this game when I can’t play as my favorite class and survive in end game content. Just head on over to the elementalist forums and take a look.

And I’m sure they’ll get on that. Balancing’s usually a never-ending battle in MMORPGs, and I expect this game to be no different.

And why the hell is everyone so tied up in “defying the existing conventions”? What is so great about defying conventions if it just makes it less fun?

Fun is subjective. Where a lack of tank/heal/dps combat that teeters on the boundary between traditional RPG and ARPG gameplay, no gear treadmill or carrot-chase post-80, and a presence of relevant 1-80 content than can be enjoyed even while max level might not appeal to many, it will definitely appeal to others. ANet made a game that’s different from other MMORPGs to cater to the players that found other MMORPGs crap for many of the reasons that people on these boards insist those other MMORPGs were good and should be put into GW2.

I’m glad they are breaking the mold in a lot of ways. It has truly enlightened me on what can be accomplished if a company takes a risk. But there are conventions for a reason. Everyone always throws that word around like it is bad. To be a convention means that a lot of people like it (maybe even the VAST majority)… you know what… I don’t actually want to keep defending myself to you.

The conventions are there only because that’s what x game did. That’s the only reason they exist. Fortunately, ANet’s a company that realized that those conventions are boring for a lot of players.

The next time you want to attack someone else please provide points. Your post is just an attack on me that bears no weight because you only made a lot of claims with no premises. I can’t even call that an invalid argument because there is no argument.

You want an argument? Here it is: An MMO can be different, just as a fighter can be different, just as a shooter can be different, just as a racer can be different. Whether that makes it better or worse, when ideas are executed correctly (and in the case of GW2, they by and large were), is entirely subjective. Things like the stuff I mentioned in my first paragraph; many will find that stuff good, many (like me) find it boring as hell. Just because someone has a personal preference and the game suits another doesn’t mean “ah mai gawd game’s broken”.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

In one of the guilds I’m in we were running 40-50% active on weeknights and dropping to no lower than 25% at any given time. In the last four days it’s dropped in a big way. This morning we had 6/100 on-line. Only 6% of the guild woke up this morning wanting to play GW2 three weeks after launch. I’d say the honeymoon period is definitely over.

With a huge queue of bugs still not worked out, angry players in the forums and no real word from ArenaNet on future plans for content updates (I know it’s 3 weeks after launch, but they should have known it would be like this… how many other MMOs have we see go through this same progression).

I am still playing but I will say two things.

1.) Leveling from 1-50 in this game was the best experience I’ve ever had in an MMO and perhaps in any PC game. Leveling 70-80 has been one of the most miserable, lonely, grindy experiences I’ve ever had in an MMO.

2.) I’m beginning to come around to the way of thinking of those who level cap and complain of having nothing to do, but I don’t see lack of raids as the main issue. I see a fundamental design flaw in their combat system that does not encourage strategic team play. That is a flaw that they can not change.

(edited by SamTheGuardian.2938)

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

As a Guild Wars 1 player, I really dislike most of this game. If I wanted to play another EQ clone, I’ll just play World of Warcraft.

Reasons for quitting,
1. Weapon Swapping. ( Really miss the load up your skills in town and that’s all you get. If I want to use a Tormented Shield and a Chaos Axe on my Monk I could…)

2. Monk went bye bye Guardian is like a magic warrior with Monk skill names.. I died inside when I saw “Save yourselves” on the guardian…)

3. Removal of Henchmen and Heroes, Really loved running around with my own little possy. If you couldn’t find all 8 for a mission you could bring a hero and do it NP.

4.Removal of Vanquishing, really loved that idea.

5. Charr…. You spend the first quarter of your Guild Wars 1 career learning to hate the Charr. I have the Gwen mentality when it comes to these mongols.

6. I was really excited that an EQ clone wasn’t going to have Tank-Heals-DPS, but once I tried it out it felt really really really awkward. Dungeons in GW2 feels like that awkward moment when your tank and healer dies and the boss is just running around destroying your group as you frantically try to run away!

So needless to say, after a year break, I’m going back to the best MMO on the market. World of Warcraft. Panda’s here I come

I feel this too. It feels like GW1 was overall a better game than GW2. WoW, everquest, LOTR online, rift, and all the other open world MMO’s don’t really appeal to me. I spent over 5000 hours on GW1. I’m only at 100 hours for GW2 and I don’t feel like I gotta get back on and keep playing. I’m not really getting the “fun factor” is this game… DE’s are copy paste boring, hearts are boring, dungeons are annoying and long, personal story reads like it was written by a high school student, combat is shallow,…. the overall feeling of this game just feels like “meh”

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Tempnix.9352

Tempnix.9352

Wow, made this topic earlier, didnt think it would get any attention, was more venting my opinion than anything.

someone posted something to the effect:

Should all MMOs be dumbed down?
No, but should they be accessible by all? YES. you paid for it just like i did, so id like to get my moneys worth, good on you for getting your moneys worth!

Cant say this game was worth my money.

And then the other one that jabbed

“well if you don’t care, i don’t”
Great, thanks for being 10 years old. was simply pointing out some of the excuses people are using to defend the game and push their opinions onto others. Im not telling anyone to quit nor do i support people quitting. I want to see the game better so i have something to do!

My fun level pre-dungeon patch – probably a 8 out of 10.
now, -3 outta 10.

I have not logged on in days. I scan the forums seeing if some of the more prominent bugs have been fixed, when i see they haven’t i log off forums and shut down my computer. Rinse and Repeat maybe 2 times a day?

Keep voicing opinions

To either the effect of

1) Im still playing and this (SITE EXAMPLE) is why.
2) Im not playing and this (SITE EXAMPLE) is why.

Complaining and offering reason as to why are not good ideas, gives the company no way of knowing what direction to move.

i dont play cause it isnt fun. Dungeons are to difficult for minimal rewards.
Defense to this: “Oh they are fixing the rewards system”
well in all actuality, it was bad before the patch, patch just axe to the faced it.
THAT IS MY OPINION.

token system is ridiculous, a million tokens (yes i exaggerated) for a piece of gear, not fun! I love working for stuff, but in a fun way. When i get off work and have to come home to “work” not fun

Make it fun to get the tokens if you want it to be 1800 for a set.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

To all the “fanboys”
~ i don’t honestly care if you can clear the content, some of us can’t and it is very frustrating.
~ I don’t honestly care about previous Guild Wars games and how the content was nor how much of a grind it was for some of the gear there.

^ both topics cleared, seems those are the most defense i have seen from most of the “fanboys” out there (usually falls into 1 of those 2 categories

We see the problem ^ now. Yes I’d quit also if I had a defeatist attitude like that.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Not quit, but might take a break until they fix this constant disconnect issue I’m having. Also, I think any game that launches without a group finder is partly a failure, even if the rest of it is worth sticking around for.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

I haven’t logged in in several days. all that awaits me is the incredibly tedious grinds of end game and the complete imbalance of pvp, so i can’t really find a reason to play.

I must say that the collective attitude of these forums has also severely dissuaded me from playing. It’s like nobody can argue or refute a point without resorting to childish name calling and taunting.

I do not have any faith at all that Anet will ever make the end game any more enjoyable than it already is. They don’t have any reason to, what with no loss of revenue if we quit, and they have droves of fans telling them everything they do is right.

I guess i’ll always have Kerbal Space Program.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Valkyrie.2678

Valkyrie.2678

" found the forums more entertaining"

same seen on diablo 3 forums. There are lots of people in the game, having fun while some people are constantly complaining on forums. I think this is because the new generation of players have a higher ratio of impatient ones than before, so there are more people complaining regardless of the game’s content or what it offers.

this kind of players will never be happy with any game and keep searching for a new game, trying it, complaining and finally quitting it.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Science.4207

Science.4207

" found the forums more entertaining"

same seen on diablo 3 forums. There are lots of people in the game, having fun while some people are constantly complaining on forums. I think this is because the new generation of players have a higher ratio of impatient ones than before, so there are more people complaining regardless of the game’s content or what it offers.

this kind of players will never be happy with any game and keep searching for a new game, trying it, complaining and finally quitting it.

Why is everyone on this forum so dependent on strawmen?

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

I quit for the most part. Resubbed to SWTOR because there’s a lot of endgame content I haven’t seen there yet, and now they have the LFG tool, so I’ll be spending my time there for now. Just got tired of monotonous zones and activities, and the trinity-less combat doesn’t appeal to me much, as a healer.

Reinstalled SWTOR and the game is much smoother than it used to be. I hopped in a random hardmode and got 2 drops on the first run, and got to see new content at the same time.

Have fun in GW2!

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

wtf are people talking about doesnt have to be a sub game to quit it.

i quit 4 days ago not logged on once since but i am checking forums now and again to see if they have changed anything and to also read all the whine threads which i find amusing when im bored. but i dont get bored enough to wanna play gw2 again, maybe if dungeons get overhaul and token system changed ill come back for a week maybe even two but dont see that happening this year

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

It’s funny reading how the people in this post say the game is dying, it’ll be dead in a month, everyone in my guild is gone, yet every server earlier today was either high or full.

Please, “quit” and enjoy your time elsewhere. It’ll leave this game cleansed from the stench you people bring to it.

Very productive and contributes greatly to the topic. Way to cite 1 or 2 posts and make such a generalization followed by an inappropriate blanket statement. Very mature and intelligent.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

I haven’t quit yet, but I’m in the “log in and question what to do, find nothing I particularly find enjoyable/”worth it", faff about aimlessly for a few minutes, and then tab out." phase that tends to precede quitting. It was something I knew would be coming far in advance though, so I’m not particularly surprised. Just somewhat irked it hit so soon.

Long story short, I’m not particularly pleased with how the personal storyline, dynamic events, and other world-building aspects played out, so I don’t feel particularly invested in the world. And with map completion turned into an achievement/checklist, it turned my desire to just wander and explore into a compulsion to just rush and get that out of the way, killing what I had expected to be one of the game’s strongest points for me.

So I’m at the point where it’s pretty much either PvP (which I loathe), do dungeons (which I honestly don’t even like the set-up of), or keep repeating events (which would have been alright if they were more diverse, comprehensive, and didn’t individually repeat so much).

The one thing that I actually see that I could really enjoy at this point is crafting. However, outside of cooking, discovery was severely underutilized (and degenerated into just a leveling boost, IMO) making the whole experimentation process rather moot, and the cost or grind for mats defeats that fun as well…

That said, if you like the direction they took with the personal story and events, and can find yourself genuinely drawn into Tyria, I can see where those things could get you pumped. For me though, it was a decent ride that’ll likely be ending (or at least massively slowing) pretty soon. Like I did with GW1 though, I’ll probably check in later… May be months, may be years, or may be days if something turns around. We’ll see I suppose.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

(edited by Dark Saviour.9410)

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Dalehitchy.1957

Dalehitchy.1957

To be honest i think I’m about to. I’m one of those people that only really rolls one character and likes to stick to it. However, with the state of the necromancer im absoloubtly devastated that I’ve leveled a class to 60 thats essentially kitten.

i know people will argue maybe its me, but i assure you, there is a reason why 5 percent of the playerbase plays this class. add to the fact i went straight into pvp with a guardian and pwnd everyone with not knowing anything about the class and just button mashing.

If i had levelled another class / profession, i would probablly have stayed cus otherwise its a good game, but as ive levelled the dud class, i just cannot be bothered to do it all over again.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

Dungones arn’t that hard. You only need a persone that does a bit of a supporty play. But you will never find this in a random group becaus supporting in this game means you get less or nothing .

Blub.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

I’ve thought about it, going through another character to see if that can keep me interested, there isn’t a lot of choices if you’re more the PvE side and I think thats were I sit too- sPvP doesn’t really interest me and WvWvW isn’t appealing either, it’s just a constant zerg fest and it’s really difficult to really see if you’ve contributed to anything in these big fights…
Dungeons wise, it was good the first few times but it’s quite a task to get into a group as most groups are formed in the map zones rather than one single hub like Lions Arch.
I did enjoy roaming Orr doing events and that frost map too, but there wasn’t enough diversity – there aren’t alot of other options and whilst I do understand it’s early days and it’ll get better, the immediate concern is also something to be thinking about.

I’ve rolled another character to see how that goes but my activity is not as high as it was when the game launched, it’s the same with most of my guild mates too, I’ve been waiting a long while for GW2 so i’ll most likely stick with it for now, but I do hope they put something in for PvE other than dungeons/event farming sooner rather than later.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

Wouldn’t say I’ve quit. I’ve just stopped playing GW2 for a bit and currently enjoying another game. I’m not an end-game fan in any MMO I play, so leveling 2 characters to 80 and maxing some crafting professions was more than enough for me right now. I will start playing again in a couple of weeks though, just to see what has changed etc…

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: maxsettings.2834

maxsettings.2834

I’m not having much fun. The feeling on connectedness that I’ve experienced in other MMOs isn’t there. I’m level 74 now, and it has been a very lonely 210 hours. Even with other people around, why does it feel that way? I’ve been thinking it’s just me – something’s wrong with the way I approach the game.

Devona’s Rest [TDD] – [OBS]
Bukems Mailbox

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

I’m not having much fun. The feeling on connectedness that I’ve experienced in other MMOs isn’t there. I’m level 74 now, and it has been a very lonely 210 hours. Even with other people around, why does it feel that way? I’ve been thinking it’s just me – something’s wrong with the way I approach the game.

Maxsetting,

I don’t think its you. There’s no real reason to party in this game. the events are more like Zergs. Don’t get me wrong, I like zergs. I don’t have any friends on either. I know how you feel. In GW1 you needed the other players, especially at the begining. You got things done, you added people to your friends. You worked through an area, helped eachother, and so it went. This game is a little disjointed in that way.

I’ve been invited to guilds too, but it seems they want bodies more than anything else. theroster had 100 people but no one played together. I would have rather been in a guild of 5 that ran together. maybe running together is tougher too because of the different races.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: McSneaky.9037

McSneaky.9037

Yeah I’m done here since they killed the dungeons – any suggestions what other games to play – I really want something fun to play and I am completely bored!

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Nemmar.8491

Nemmar.8491

I havent played the game in what 2 weeks? Ever since i forced myself to level all the way to 80 to see if there was some light at the end of the tunnel. There wasnt.

This game is dead for me until they revamp the combat system to something closer to GW1 so the game has a chance to be fun to play again. And for the love of god, just bring back monks, this breaking trinity thing is just silly. It doesnt work. I said that same thing on guru when it was first announced, but as always anet doesnt listen to reason. Most stubburn developer ever, even in the GW1 days.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I stopped playing so much when I hit one character at 80 just because you need a break at some point. This game takes a lot of time.

But now I’m back doing lots more stuff and it’s still just as fun.

One thing people should realize is this game will be around for many years. You don’t need to do everything there is to do it immediately.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Loving the game and I love dungeons are hard.

People shouldnt be able to blow through content with half brain.
My fixes would allow tokens be account bound (player behind it is the one who deserves it) and would always, to all dungeons, have a version of it, with unique pathes/events, tuned up for 80s

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

I havent played the game in what 2 weeks? Ever since i forced myself to level all the way to 80 to see if there was some light at the end of the tunnel. There wasnt.

This game is dead for me until they revamp the combat system to something closer to GW1 so the game has a chance to be fun to play again. And for the love of god, just bring back monks, this breaking trinity thing is just silly. It doesnt work. I said that same thing on guru when it was first announced, but as always anet doesnt listen to reason. Most stubburn developer ever, even in the GW1 days.

I don’t mind them breaking the trinity as long as they do it right. IMO they didn’t do it right. Every instance, every DE, every champion boss, everyone is just running around trying to DPS as much as possible and doing combo fields mostly accidentally rather than by planning. There really is almost no teamwork involved.

Games like Dragon Nest and Vindictus don’t have much of a “trinity” but it’s more rewarding to play support roles and it’s more fun to DPS. Even if I have to repeat a dungeon 10x for exp, or mats, I don’t mind because a dungeon only takes 10-20 minutes max, and the combat is fast paced and pretty fun.

I really don’t think I’m going to make it to level 80… only level 67 and barely playing.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

I quit, but I expect to come back once things are smoothed over. At present, PvP balance is a mess and gameplay feels a bit flat.

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

Anyone Quit?

ravinhood.3981

I haven’t logged in in several days. all that awaits me is the incredibly tedious grinds of end game and the complete imbalance of pvp, so i can’t really find a reason to play.

I must say that the collective attitude of these forums has also severely dissuaded me from playing. It’s like nobody can argue or refute a point without resorting to childish name calling and taunting.

I do not have any faith at all that Anet will ever make the end game any more enjoyable than it already is. They don’t have any reason to, what with no loss of revenue if we quit, and they have droves of fans telling them everything they do is right.

Did you see the REVIEW scores as well? In the high 90’s So, when you have so many professional reviewers telling you how great the game is you should believe them.

Just as an example http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2
compared to the release of DIABLO III the player scores were HORRIBLY low in the 4’s but they like GW2 so it’s very popular now and GROWING.

(edited by ravinhood.3981)

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Duveth.5742

Duveth.5742

Did you see the REVIEW scores as well? In the high 90’s So, when you have so many professional reviewers telling you how great the game is you should believe them.

yeah like diablo3, swtor, aion etc

Anyone Quit?

ravinhood.3981

yeah like diablo3, swtor, aion etc

Well the player base has never made for good reviewing or scoring really. They are either fanbois and give the game a 10 and no game really deserves a 10 or they are game haters and give the game a 1 or 0 and of course no game really deserves a 1 or 0.

So professional reviewers are more balanced and realistic. Diablo III really isn’t a bad game for the game itself. What it got bad reviews on by gamers was the launch and the emphasis on the Live Auction House exploit by Blizzard to practically force everyone to use it that wanted to play in Inferno level.

So just reviewing the launch and a feature you don’t like about the game isn’t really a review but a whine and complaint. Professional reviewers give a lot more detail and information about the WHOLE game not just what they like or don’t like about it.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

Because most game reviewers are not bought and paid for right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwD2GgWKIrs

Try again.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Didnt quit nor intend to.

I’ll work my way to grab that legendary weapon!

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: MINKZILLA.6023

MINKZILLA.6023

I think the forums will get better when WoW gets their pandas, because all the WoW players will go back to their game and bashing blizzard, instead of bashing this game.
but im having a ton of fun in game, and im not going to quit anytime soon.

“Every quote you hear on the internet is true.”
-Abraham Lincoln

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: bcbully.7289

bcbully.7289

I quit. This game is sorely lacking character progression. From level 40 on, all you have to look forward to are a few passives.

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

it is hard sometimes to find groups. ill admit that but thank god theres guildies.
But i find my self getting glitches that couse me to log out earlier then i would.
I would play like 3 hours max and then log out abit now its like one glitch would couse me to rage quit for a while.

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai

Anyone Quit?

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I quit. This game is sorely lacking character progression. From level 40 on, all you have to look forward to are a few passives.

Eh? I’ve switched my elementalist from being focused on combo fields to condition remove and now to auras.

The trick is knowing how the traits play off each other and not just looking for a big I win trait.