Anyone else hate Orr?

Anyone else hate Orr?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I usually don’t complain too much, but my god I hate this zone. So much. By Orr I mean every zone on that continent.

Why?:

Can’t walk two feet without getting attacked by five risen, not to mention that they shouldn’t have so many abilities to snare you and what not. It’s just kittening annoying getting around.

Every kittening thing wants to kill you. Even the water wants to kill you.

Risen get really annoying after a while, they’re obnoxious beyond belief. Seriously, can I walk 10 feet without hearing “Everyone… COME!” or “Death… good…” :/

Is there a zone you absolutely despise on this game? If so what is it?

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

I hate it because of the overused undead theme.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Well…basically every risen infested zone.

Undead, zombies, risen, name it….getting really boring after a while.

This won’t end well…

Anyone else hate Orr?

Khyber.2693

Well…basically every risen infested zone.

Undead, zombies, risen, name it….getting really boring after a while.

A lot of it is the theme for me too. Boring. I would like more pretty zones tbh.

It really kitten es me off though when two risen are put next to each other on a required path, one with a snare, and one with a throw. I never get kittening anywhere because of this kitten.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I’d like it if I could affect more on my own. Anything that changes, you have to wait for an event chain to begin for. And no matter what you do, the landscape doesn’t change, its still black and ugly regardless.

What if I could simply run around, killing creep spawners, and as I did so, the Pact would push in on their own? And as you progressed, the land became green and verdant instead of black and polluted? Isn’t that what should happen in a “living world”?

User was infracted for being awesome.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I used to Avoid it like the plague (pun intended) then Anet cleaned it up it was nice and bearable, then they added “entertaining” stuff to mobs and i lost my need to visit there again…

Now again you cannot walk 2 feet without multiple things CCing you every where, its zero fun..

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I hate Orr as well, but for a different reason.

I don’t mind mobs everywhere. It hones my abilities when I have to use them all the time.

What I hate is the view! Everything in Orr looks like the bottom of an ill-tended aquarium. It’s dark, it’s slimy, and the only landscape features of note are broken pottery-style ruins and garish fake coral. The whole island looks like someone forgot to clean the fish tank for about 250 years.

Mob density could be a toned down a bit, but otherwise, I just cant stand the look of the palce.

Level 80 Elementalist

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

Ya of all the zones they have it is by far the worst and really not that fun as others have said its over done with undead.

With 5-80,s i very seldom go there as it needs to be changed visually and the amount of mobs and the CCing everywhere.

For me it is just a poorly designed zone.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

It’s grown on me. It was a lot harder to get around before they reduced the Risen.

I spend most of my time in Malchor’s. I do a big circle around the zone harvesting nodes and helping with Dwayna and Lyssa when someone is working on them.

And I find myself helping with Grenth a lot in Cursed Shore cause some people have very little patience and instead of clearly explaining the fight to everyone who just showed up, they instead toss insults and rage quit when the event fails. I like to stick it out and keep reminding people of the fight mechanics until we succeed. Once the whiners leave we usually get it.

If I was going to form a themed guild I would make a guild dedicated to helping with events on the Orr maps. Helping with the invasion points and Balthazar, helping with the other temples, uncontesting contested waypoints when able, etc. Members could just represent their other guilds when elsewhere and when they feel like chain running events in Orr they could come on down and flip over to the Orr guild.

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: TheAgedGnome.7520

TheAgedGnome.7520

Malchor’s Leap definitely qualifies as my least favorite zone. Nearly every WP is contested 24×7, and the Risen theme in Orr becomes mind-numbing after awhile.

I get that the storyline led to areas overrun by Risen, but the uniformity the “Risen-ness” of Orr makes it somewhat tedious rather than thrilling.

I’m fine with the Orr NPC density as its now, compared to the way it originally was, when the Risen were thick as flies. After all, it is supposed to be dangerous.

But a dangerous zone which is also stark, washed out and unrelentingly repetitive will eventually just feel tiresome after awhile.

Stealth nerfs are the perfect fertilizer for mistrust.
PVE Power and Support Build

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t hate it but I don’t have much reason to go there either besides Omnomberries and Orrian Truffle. Even those two aren’t much of a draw since I don’t really use food.

As for the issues mentioned I don’t share the sentiment. Most of my time in Orr is with my warrior and thief. It used to be extremely annoying when the Risen would play pinball with your character but I haven’t experienced that in months.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I love Orr. I have to laugh thinking how the OP would have reacted to the old Orr, when the mob density was 100% higher.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I hate that it is just more cliche zombies.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The concept of zombies in an MMO as monsters is quite like a zombie itself. It won’t die and it keeps coming back, no matter how much people hate it. Sad really.

My only real complaint with Orr in regards to mob density would be the southern end of Cursed Shore, but I like to solo and don’t do that very well. Malchor’s Leap has a lot of eternally-contested waypoints and champions that no-one bothers with, but I don’t think the mob density is that bad.
The landscape sort of matches the whole undead theme, so it’s hard to say much negative about that.
Overall though? Yeah. I dislike Orr more than any other zone. It’s just a bit monotonous after a while.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Yeah…it’s a bit irritating. The use of snares is a bit overdone in this game, it really is. Worse is getting knocked down and your character takes a brief nap. Cuz, you know, you’re being attacked and all.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Dangbat.2804

Dangbat.2804

Who hates zombies!!!??

(edited by Moderator)

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

but its supposed to look that way considering how the story goes. That is the whole point as to why the area is so worn down and infested. Its not like its the only place to go anyways. If they made it look all beautiful with roses and bunnies, it would not make sense.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Kittygw.5079

Kittygw.5079

I used to love to go there to farm the tunnel events. now they messed up the events by adding so many champions and veterans in each wave it makes it miserable to try and farm because you spend half the time fighting a champ or ressing the downed players that you miss out on a ton of loot.. Just not worth farming there anymore. Now i just farm world bosses and lower lvl events so i can still get my karma. Farming just isn’t the same..

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Darkwolf.6291

Darkwolf.6291

I dislike it because the mobs in Orr seriously overuse Immobilize and Knockdown. Mechanics which take away control of your character should be the tool of last resort in PVE, and shouldn’t have low (or no!) cooldowns.

As it stands, freakin’ everything in Orr seems to pull you, knock you down, or immobilize you. Frequently multiple times in a row.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

Not a fan of all of the risen, although it’s much more manageable now since they nerfed the areas.

But I actually do really like the zones themselves. It is really fantastic looking. I would love to have some sort of time travel device to see the areas in their full splendor.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Have no problem at all with Orr. It just rose from the bottom of the sea, the controlling force uses undead as weapons. No game in existence that is a MMORPG changes entire shared zones depending on your personal actions.

(edited by Yargesh.4965)

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Coquette.2753

Coquette.2753

Why would I hate groups of risen sitting behind every corner just waiting to cripple, immobilize and pull me all over the place? At least it’s a small group of risen instead of the dozens upon dozens it used to be. Might as well just take some comfort in that.

Really though, I only enter it for the sole purpose of gathering omnomberries. I find it manageable on my guardian. Mainly because I won’t be rolling all over the ground with stability.

If life keeps asking you the same questions, you are not learning the lessons.
<Piken Square>

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I spend a lot of time in Orr, my guardian is perma-stationed there.

I don’t like Orr as much as I used to. I much preferred the old Orr, when the mobs were much denser and had a wider range of aggro. Why? Because it took skill, tactics and planning to move around. A player didn’t just wander like in all the other maps areas. It felt more like a lvl 80 end-game area. Now, it is simply too easy.

I have no sympathy or time for those running around in MF kit complaining about the current level of difficulty in Orr. Apart from 1 or 2 skill points, I was able to solo all of Orr on both my ranger and guardian before the current Orr nerf.

As for environment, the murk was recently cleared up a lot, both the atmosphere and underwater. You can actually see things now. The only murky places are areas around contested statues. If you don’t like the murk, then get a group and clear the temples, it is as simple as that.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well Orr now is far better than it used to be, density is much less…

Its a dismal, dreary, depressing and dank place, perfect for undead really…

Frostforge Gorge is far better, just a shame its only 1 zone and not 2 or 3…

I agree undead have been done to death in computer games, in every rpg I have ever played theres been hordes of undead…can’t think of one that doesn’t have them…

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

LOTRO, they just have orcs lol

Well Orr now is far better than it used to be, density is much less…

Its a dismal, dreary, depressing and dank place, perfect for undead really…

Frostforge Gorge is far better, just a shame its only 1 zone and not 2 or 3…

I agree undead have been done to death in computer games, in every rpg I have ever played theres been hordes of undead…can’t think of one that doesn’t have them…

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I spend a lot of time in Orr, my guardian is perma-stationed there.

I don’t like Orr as much as I used to. I much preferred the old Orr, when the mobs were much denser and had a wider range of aggro. Why? Because it took skill, tactics and planning to move around. A player didn’t just wander like in all the other maps areas. It felt more like a lvl 80 end-game area. Now, it is simply too easy.

I have no sympathy or time for those running around in MF kit complaining about the current level of difficulty in Orr. Apart from 1 or 2 skill points, I was able to solo all of Orr on both my ranger and guardian before the current Orr nerf.

As for environment, the murk was recently cleared up a lot, both the atmosphere and underwater. You can actually see things now. The only murky places are areas around contested statues. If you don’t like the murk, then get a group and clear the temples, it is as simple as that.

and we have a champion, applause!!!!!

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

I’d like it if I could affect more on my own. Anything that changes, you have to wait for an event chain to begin for. And no matter what you do, the landscape doesn’t change, its still black and ugly regardless.

What if I could simply run around, killing creep spawners, and as I did so, the Pact would push in on their own? And as you progressed, the land became green and verdant instead of black and polluted? Isn’t that what should happen in a “living world”?

I like this idea. How I think this could be worked into the game is after the next expansion comes out, ArenaNet could make Orr part of their “Living Story”. Over a period of a few months, there would be Dynamic Events to clear the Risen out of Orr.

The end of each month in this series would see players fighting a world-level boss(es) who are the final hold-outs in each zone. As they are defeated, each zone would go through a rebuilding/restoration process as Orr is returned to its former glory. It could be stretched out over 3 or 4 months.

Though it would be cleaned up, this doesn’t mean it’s all bunny rabbits and rainbows. Other animals and monsters would move in to fill the void left by the Risen. Then all new challenges, enemies, and events could be added to the maps.

As part of the ongoing relocation effort following “Flame and Frost”, refugees could be resettled there. Perhaps the Karka try to lay claim to some of the islands. Maybe the Consortium tries to move in and is revealed to have ulterior motives. The various races and orders may set up bases there. Perhaps Orr becomes akin to Antarctica; no one nation or race claims it, but – in the spirit of cooperation following the Pact’s victory – it instead becomes an open territory where all are free to come and go as they please. The Quaggans displaced by Jormagg and the corrupted ice find new homes there. The Inquest and Nightmare Court may establish secret bases. The Asura being gate construction efforts, only to be thwarted by new enemies. Maybe there’s a stirring in the shadows as the Unseen Ones (Mursaat) make a bid for power again.

Lots of possibilities.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

I usually don’t complain too much, but my god I hate this zone. So much. By Orr I mean every zone on that continent.

Why?:

Can’t walk two feet without getting attacked by five risen, not to mention that they shouldn’t have so many abilities to snare you and what not. It’s just kittening annoying getting around.

Every kittening thing wants to kill you. Even the water wants to kill you.

Risen get really annoying after a while, they’re obnoxious beyond belief. Seriously, can I walk 10 feet without hearing “Everyone… COME!” or “Death… good…” :/

Is there a zone you absolutely despise on this game? If so what is it?

You should have seen Orr at launch. They’ve dumbed it down so much that there’s very little challenge left (used to be almost impossible capping some of the skillpoints solo, for example).

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I used to Avoid it like the plague (pun intended) then Anet cleaned it up it was nice and bearable, then they added “entertaining” stuff to mobs and i lost my need to visit there again…

Now again you cannot walk 2 feet without multiple things CCing you every where, its zero fun..

Haven’t been in Orr lately, did they change the mobs outside of events too? If not and you’re purely farming events, I’m glad they changed them.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

i cant say i’m mad on the undead theme but i do enjoy the zones.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If you hate the Orr of today, then I wonder what you must have felt about the Orr before the February patch.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Used to be way worst than it’s now. I remember not being able to walk two steps without being pulled over 7 times in a row…

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

Anyone else hate Orr?

Vol.5241

Used to be way worst than it’s now. I remember not being able to walk two steps without being pulled over 7 times in a row…

Yeah, getting chain pulled like a pinball machine by three purifiers was at first hilarious but quickly grew annoying.

Every now and then though, I love getting pulled by spiders at shelt and because of the terrain, they somehow launch me vertically in the air.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Only reason I ever go to Cursed shores now is to farm a little orichulum, and spend about 20-30 minutes farming the events in the tunnels. On my server (Yaks bend) there are no temple events anymore as no one does them, 80% of the zone is covered in the stupid auras. Anchorage way point has never been open now since the Feb patch. The annoyance factor far out weighs the fun/reward factor of cursed shore

Anyone else hate Orr?

Vol.5241

Only reason I ever go to Cursed shores now is to farm a little orichulum, and spend about 20-30 minutes farming the events in the tunnels. On my server (Yaks bend) there are no temple events anymore as no one does them, 80% of the zone is covered in the stupid auras. Anchorage way point has never been open now since the Feb patch. The annoyance factor far out weighs the fun/reward factor of cursed shore

I’m on Yaks and part of the reason no one did any temples was because for the past few weeks, penitent camp was bugged making it a highly lucrative place to farm. No one will want to group up to do temples because it’s just not worth the time.

Cursed Shore is the best place to farm (aside from Cof1). Shelt/pen is still good, especially when you guest on other servers so that you have no downtime. There is also the handy new farm spot that only two servers seem to know about ;3

[Permabanned on Forums]

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Who doesnt? I mean risen… Risen! I cant stand it… Aswell as way to many of them, to much cripple, pulls and immobilize… And just the whole place. Its so dark and undead-ish… I HATE it…

Btw, i wasnt expecting anything else from it tbh ;P

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

They made vast improvements to Orr with the 1/28 update. It was great for awhile. Subsequent updates have made it more annoying than ever. One can only infer that they really don’t want player’s in Orr. Although, that would seem absurd on the face of it, it is the only reasonable inference I can come up with.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Orr needs more types of enemies. Why should Orr only have mostly only Risen?

Elemental-What if some smarter Risen could summon these?

fleshreavers-Cannibalize the corpses of the dead. Shouldn’t they be a
problem of the Risen in Orr.

Demons/Imp

Ghost-With all the war going on in Orr. There has to be Ghosts on the
dead who did not become Risen.

Insects-With all the undead Risen and dead bodies. Insects have plenty
of food in Orr.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

They should FIX (that’s the required word, as I consider it bugged) Anchorage waypoint quest, as though it’s able to be completed, it rarely is not due to “difficulty” but to badly implemented design decision. No offense, developers, I like Orr, but as I have sent you bug reports before, it’s not working right or as rightfully intended. It’s not a matter of it being hard, but just that the NPCs are simply unable to deal with the morale hit from teleporting, “symbol” dropping nobles en-masse. The zombies even crowd the entrance to the WP (I assume, risen get added to the area with each subsequent failed quest attempt-once I counted 26 on the same spot), so when the NPCs go near the area, they are murdered in seconds, along with the morale (and any player characters that failed to clear the buggy spot beforehand by careful pulling.)

I still like the zone, however my recollection of events is different than most people above. It was hard, turned to easy mode, and now it seems to me harder than it was before. The Putrifiers attack was nerfed for a while, and has now be turned into an immobilize, which is fine. Idisagree there’s a lot of pulling-the putrifiers don’t do that anymore, only the risen krait and risen spiders do. The nobles ARE harder (way too much, making the Champion Baroness among the hardest enemies on this map-I find her harder than those slow, tackle happy, Champion Abominations), and the pirates, only slightly more so. Still, why should this zone be “easy” if it’s basically Zhaitan’s domain? Barring the bugged event above, I would say that Orr is better than ever, and if anything could be a bit more difficult at some spots, less so at others (it needs to be play-tested much better, IMHO.)

I do feel that it seems many people are in charge of Orr, with different, contrasting mindsets. I don’t understand why it got turned down to easy mode, and then back to even harder mode… that design decision was rather puzzling to me, and is probably why this “I hate Orr” thread got started again in the first place.

In short: don’t make it easy, but try to balance it well, if at all possible.

(Note that the scout at the North of Straits of Devastation suggests that people wandering alone will be in danger, which is a good disclaimer, letting people know that the zone is dangerous and more fun with two or more players.)

Anyone else hate Orr?

Khyber.2693

What I want personally is for the mobs to have less cc. Make them a decent size, but dont put 10 enemies with snares in a group with more enemies that throw or knock down. Or just dont have too many of those in a group period. Im all good with Orr being dangerous and overrun with risen. It is however extremely unfun nit being able to get anywhere ever.

Also, the risen saying the same stuff over and over is beyond annoying. The same few quotes are re used to a revolting degree and it literally makes me hate risen as a whole.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

I despise Orr too. I couldn’t even tell you what it really looks like other than a big brown blur as I run from the eight mobs gang snaring me.

After expansion, when Orr is not “The End Game”, please reduce the number of spawns so I can actually appreciate the zone for a few seconds here and there.

And for the love of Lyssa no more undead.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Khyber.2693

I despise Orr too. I couldn’t even tell you what it really looks like other than a big brown blur as I run from the eight mobs gang snaring me.

After expansion, when Orr is not “The End Game”, please reduce the number of spawns so I can actually appreciate the zone for a few seconds here and there.

And for the love of Lyssa no more undead.

Hopefully they actually make an expansion soon. None of this temporary content crap like the super kitten box.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

I love how beautiful and grotesque Orr is^ ^. When I first got there as a level 70ish, how difficult it was to get around and explore made it feel very different from 90% of the rest of the world~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

It is however extremely unfun nit being able to get anywhere ever.

Also, the risen saying the same stuff over and over is beyond annoying. The same few quotes are re used to a revolting degree and it literally makes me hate risen as a whole.

OP, you do sound as if you were referring to the first, older Orr, now gone since the putrifier was nerfed and there aren’t as many enemies on-screen It is very easy to get around Orr, or at least easier than it used to be. Putrifiers only (now) immobilize, for maybe 2-3 seconds. Spiders are only abundant in very few spots, and in those places, they don’t stop you from getting anywhere. The Risen Krait are a mostly underwater affair, and they can and will pull left and right, but it’s very uncommon. Since by now I know Orr very well, would you mind pointing out the spots in which you are “unable to get anywhere, ever”, because otherwise it does sound as if you are wildly exaggerating to make your point.

Orr used to be frustrating to me, and so did the quotes, but I learned to poke fun at them in time. “Death… good” “This one… kill” “Kill… everything” “Join us!” “Return… die!” “It begins!” “Here… over here!” “Everyone… come!” “I hunger…” “Misery…” “So… tired” “Rest…” “Zhaitan commands your death” “Return to Orr” etc. etc. Haha they are so silly they can be hilarious; that’s my attitude at this point. Since I have to kill a few for some nice drops, instead of finding things to hate, I just kind of anticipate listening to the same old quotes.

Hints for Orr-it is soloable, but more fun with two or more people. Sometimes we get so frustrated with the area that we blame everything and anything, but it becomes much more fun in a group effort (even if you are not in a party, just hanging out together-much like farming this area is much easier, simple, and fun in groups.)

I know the undead theme has been overdone forever in many fantasy games, but remember this is about an elder, zombie-like dragon-a Necromancer Dragon. Orr is all about that nemesis, and whether we like it or not, the theme is appropriate (I personally love the Shiverpeaks atmosphere, but Orr would be out of place looking too pretty, I admit.)

My two problems with the area are:

-Nobles need to be nerfed a bit. From being nuisances, now they can be too dangerous, especially when 3 or more are involved (or if they are veteran/champions, they can be too powerful in relation to other veteran/champion types.)

-Anchorage waypoint quest is semi-broken.

Save from that, I even miss the pulling Putrifier, because he used to knock himself down whenever the player character was pulled to himself, which I found funny.

I do understand that the area can be frustrating, but I just think it’s the nature of the beast.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Khyber.2693

It is however extremely unfun nit being able to get anywhere ever.

OP, you do sound as if you were referring to the first, older Orr, now gone since the putrifier was nerfed and there aren’t as many enemies on-screen It is very easy to get around Orr, or at least easier than it used to be. Putrifiers only (now) immobilize, for maybe 2-3 seconds. Spiders are only abundant in very few spots, and in those places, they don’t stop you from getting anywhere. The Risen Krait are a mostly underwater affair, and they can and will pull left and right, but it’s very uncommon. Since by now I know Orr very well, would you mind pointing out the spots in which you are “unable to get anywhere, ever”, because otherwise it does sound as if you are wildly exaggerating to make your point.

Orr used to be frustrating to me, and so did the quotes, but I learned to poke fun at them in time. “Death… good” “This one… kill” “Kill… everything” “Join us!” “Return… die!” “It begins!” “Here… over here!” “Everyone… come!” “I hunger…” “Misery…” “So… tired” “Rest…” “Zhaitan commands your death” “Return to Orr” etc. etc. Haha they are so silly they can be hilarious; that’s my attitude at this point. Since I have to kill a few for some nice drops, instead of finding things to hate, I just kind of anticipate listening to the same old quotes.

Hints for Orr-it is soloable, but more fun with two or more people. Sometimes we get so frustrated with the area that we blame everything and anything, but it becomes much more fun in a group effort (even if you are not in a party, just hanging out together-much like farming this area is much easier, simple, and fun in groups.)

I know the undead theme has been overdone forever in many fantasy games, but remember this is about an elder, zombie-like dragon-a Necromancer Dragon. Orr is all about that nemesis, and whether we like it or not, the theme is appropriate (I personally love the Shiverpeaks atmosphere, but Orr would be out of place looking too pretty, I admit.)

My two problems with the area are:

-Nobles need to be nerfed a bit. From being nuisances, now they can be too dangerous, especially when 3 or more are involved (or if they are veteran/champions, they can be too powerful in relation to other veteran/champion types.)

-Anchorage waypoint quest is semi-broken.

Save from that, I even miss the pulling Putrifier, because he used to knock himself down whenever the player character was pulled to himself, which I found funny.

I do understand that the area can be frustrating, but I just think it’s the nature of the beast.

I just hope Anet makes some more 80 zones. Some places with a less boring theme.

Really? The nature of the beast is to be brutally annoying? You want an example? On this one route to one of my personal stories, a risen gorillaa and a putrifier, right next to each other. Immobilized, then i got thrown into some newly spawned risen. I mean really? Why?

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I don’t hate it but I don’t have much reason to go there either besides Omnomberries and Orrian Truffle. Even those two aren’t much of a draw since I don’t really use food.

It is a shame such an awesome craft as cooking is left to languish.

It’s not even worth going to Orr for omnomberries any more. It’s far less frustration to just buy what you need then to go there – that’s if you can get there as every WP is always contested anyway.

They need to give the whole zone to an intern or something and let them fix it so it’s fun, not a chore. The changes patches ago did make it better, but it still needs attention. The area debuffs definitely need to go.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Khyber.2693

Think you guys are confused on “anti-fun” and “hard”. Something “hard” is not necessarily" anti-fun". What makes something “anti-fun”? Well think about what you usually find fun, you cant honestly tell me it is sick amounts of cc and awful dead themes. Obviously the theme is what it is, but everything else… no.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

It’s rare for me to go to Orr areas these days so it doesn’t really bother me.

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

With all the Orr-hate I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a redesign to it with a future patch. Probably not until a year into the game though, but it would make sense if we destroy the dragon that the land can at least begin to reform. Perhaps the Sylvari venturing out to “seed” Orr and maybe plant a new Tree.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Anyone else hate Orr?

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

You can get around easier now, but it’s still an annoying set of zones to play in, not fun to look at, many events are not only too difficult, but some are extremely griefer friendly (What ever happened to “no griefable mechanics in DEs?”), the place is dreary as hell AND, made obvious by the current stat of play in those zones today, is just not nearly rewarding enough to encourage people to play there.

IMO, they’ve become so obsessed over making dedicated farming in the game pointless that they’ve forgotten that such measures just make things extremely pointless for normal players. At some point, they have to realize that what ever economic basis they have for their design decisions become moot if the population just dwindles due to the inability of normal players to log in and accomplish something worth while during a play session.

Dailies are just a temporary motivator. They are already killing people with their repetitiveness and tendency to discourage normal world exploration and PvE. The laurel rewards are nice, but the tedium will eventually win out and said laurel rewards just make loot from world PvE look even more pointless.

Arenanet seem to be unwittingly conditioning players into unsustainable play patterns that will eventually lead to the implosion of the game and the state of the Orr zones is really a keen example of their design-gone-wrong issues.