Anyone else sad new items look aweful?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I think I liked the GW1 sunspear outfit better.
Actually I think I liked a lot of the GW1 outfits better. The new tread for asymmetrical and unisex look is unappealing to me. Not to mention they all almost all costumes.

The new weapon is ho-hum.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Meanwhile, somewhere, far, far away, Hermes quietly weeps.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Balthzar.3807

Balthzar.3807

completely disapointed with everything but thing mini ultimate=waste of money

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I normally love oufits but if this one was a Gemstore offering I would have passed up buying it. To my eye it has nostalgia value but aesthetically, it’s not pleasing. It’s sort of bland.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

My problem with the outfit is its terrible dye channels – they mixed materials. So now I can’t have a vibrant red tunic without suffering through awful purple shoulders

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The outfit is clearly a reference to this NPC model in GW1 (female countepart ). Almost exact same design.

It’s also seems intended to be a “bland” look, for players who complain frequently about all the particle effects added to all the gear nowadays.

It’s been a major complaint, as well as the fact that there were so few skins on release.

I was disappointed there wasn’t any mention of new skins or anything, though I think it just wasn’t a priority/worth mentioning in the expansion announcement, as it’s clear there are new weapon and armor skins in the expac footage – It would be nice to see all the new skins that will be coming with Path of Fire though. I wish Anet would have included info on this :-(

They never told us how many weapon/armor sets we got in HoT pre-release.

Every map had either an armor set or a weapon set (bladed/Ley line armor, Auric, Plated, and Chak weapons), and the whole region got one weapon set (Reclaimed), there was an achievement weapon set (Machined), and then the guild halls got a combined armor and a weapon set each. Then on top of that there were 1 stand alone armor piece and 2 weapons for each elite specialization.

So we can probably expect a combined total of at least 7 new weapon and armor sets (5 zones + 1 region + 1 guild hall). And then another 9 armor pieces and 18 weapons for elite specializations. At the very least.

This, of course, doesn’t count backpacks in which HoT had 4 tiered backpacks (one set of 3 tiered backpiece per order + Auric/Luminate) which is harder to guess for PoF.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Maybe when you learn not to use exaggeration and hyperbole. Neither seems likely.

Fyi, “Nobody wants outfits.” is not a true statement. You can only speak for yourself.

“Nobody with taste?”

You’re not there yet. Try, “I don’t want outfits.”

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

I think I liked the GW1 sunspear outfit better.
Actually I think I liked a lot of the GW1 outfits better. The new tread for asymmetrical and unisex look is unappealing to me. Not to mention they all almost all costumes.

The new weapon is ho-hum.

Agreed. Kind of difficult to show your individuality by mixing and matching various pieces when there are no pieces to mix and match and all you can do is change colors.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

It looks horrible. The proportions are off, the sizing is wrong, there are clipping errors, and the dye channels are very uneven. The GW1 version of the outfit looks superior in almost every way.

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

Outfit is meh but what is with these basic looking weapon skins. Holy cow. Are they turned into something better later or are they just that bad. Almost feels like a waste to have gotten the Ultimate pack. Though gems <3 which still haven’t been given to me yet…. >_>

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Not strong enough, that implies that liking Outfits is a coequal choice, like something that a reasonable person might decide. It needs to make the point that this is not a rational option.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Gemnaid.4219

Gemnaid.4219

Looks kitten like HoT.

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

Honestly, a fair amount of the new weapon skins don’t look that bad. The hammer, for one, is kitten. I would use the rifle, but sadly it’s too big. My thief is going to need something sleeker, so I’ll be using the merciless rifle skin instead. It’s one of the sleekest in the game (and it’s still not that sleek) while still being a darker colour.

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

The outfit is really lame. It’s just a texture, it has no bulk or depth, despite supposedly looking a bit like ancient roman armor.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

Better than looking like a walking christmas tree that hooked up with Space Power Ranger.

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

We need Vabbian Armor from gw1. https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Paragon_Vabbian_armor

Attachment is my attempt at paragon in gw2

Love the Vabbian Armor as well. Would be cool if Anet brought back older skins like that, could you imagine what they would look like now?

Carighan.6758

Love the Vabbian Armor as well. Would be cool if Anet brought back older skins like that, could you imagine what they would look like now?

Well, going by the outfit we just got: “Ridiculous”?
Because that outfit linked there, the Vabbian Armor, it has the same design in GW1 as what we got now, it’s a texture change so the armor looks like a skin-tight printed-on shirt, not armor.

Which the outfit we got… also does.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Just a flesh wound.3589

General Morgan was a Paragon primary. Now, his armor was pretty nice. I wouldn’t have minded one of his armors as an outfit.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Actually for the most part I like the weapon skins I got the axe for my necro.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

Personally i love the new weapons i just hope there’s a way to get the full set.
Hope they add more plainer, realistic looking weapons too

Posted by: Fractured.3928

Fractured.3928

They did skins in the beginning but its too much work to fix every little clip for the 6 pieces of armor for each of the 5 races for both sexes and the 3 different types of armor, apparently. one skin fits all just easier. But i agree this is fashion wars!

Yeah, I’m well aware of their excuses but I’m also too tired of them. This is a problem they have, but it’s a problem they needed to have fixed years ago.

They actually use that as an excuse? As if they aren’t the only AAA MMO saying that? If they just straight up with with outfits and thats it, I personally wouldn’t play anymore lol.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

There’s already dozens of them in the game, nobody ever uses them precisely because they’re boring to look at.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Not strong enough, that implies that liking Outfits is a coequal choice, like something that a reasonable person might decide. It needs to make the point that this is not a rational option.

You need to do some research into what reasonable and rational mean.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Why isn’t anyone here talking about the clipping issue with this outfit on Norn males? (see image attached below)

That’s not just norn. My lanky human nobleman also flashes his thigh when one leg is stepped up.

Though I just chalk it up to “it’s not a solid skirt, it’s a lot of strips and if you lift your leg up through it you’re gonna show some thigh.”

Attachments:

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

There’s already dozens of them in the game, nobody ever uses them precisely because they’re boring to look at.

I don’t find this set to be particularly plain or boring, they’re perfectly appropriate for the setting imo.

Which is why I’m disappointed that they’re trying to make them so exclusive. I’d argue that there are more than enough rare, costly and hard to get skins and a set like this I’d put on the same level as the Plated or Auric set from HoT. These should be acquired through tokens, crafting or as story rewards.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I do think that there is a balance they could achieve, some weapons that are nicer looking than “iron sword,” but not so elaborate and fanciful as a lot of the ones we get. I don’t know, there are a lot of weapons that I really love, but there are certain repeated aesthetics in GW2 weapon design that I never enjoy. For example, there are still plenty of “Katana” style swords and daggers that could be made.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Why isn’t anyone here talking about the clipping issue with this outfit on Norn males? (see image attached below)

Pretty amazing that a Deluxe edition bonus is so poorly implemented. I know clipping is a problem for a lot of skins, but this is supposed to be an incentive for players to buy the higher tiers of the expac and as it stands this will probably turn a lot of players off.

Also, the outfit honestly looks so basic to me. I’m really tempted to load up a human character and do a mix-and-match armor set to see how close we can get to this outfit with current armor skins.

That just looks bizarre.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The outfit is clearly a reference to this NPC model in GW1

Yes but for some reason that pic looks great while there is just something wrong with the implementation in GW2. Even on a human there is something off about the outfit.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Just a flesh wound.3589

The outfit is clearly a reference to this NPC model in GW1

Yes but for some reason that pic looks great while there is just something wrong with the implementation in GW2. Even on a human there is something off about the outfit.

I’m going to guess it’s because they did a bad job with the dye channels on the outfit. You can’t dye the stomach plate, the undersection of the shoulder pads or the trim on the skirt separately. That makes these parts merge in with the rest instead of standing out. The loss of details makes it bland rather than interesting.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Leinhart.2981

Leinhart.2981

Reference to GW1.

People are always complaining on this forum… It’s amazing to see how unhappy and sad about everything you always are.

New specializations: “Sounds crappy and really bad. The class I don’t play seems to be better and broken OP!”

Mounts: “Seriously? Is this a joke?! I’d rather prefer run all this gigantic desert by myself than using your uggly mounts!”

Glinding in WvW: “What?! Is this a joke? I have never heard something that stupid in my whole life! It must be an april joke!”

Seriously, this is very depressing to read the majority of people in this forum.

Anet, if you read me, I want to tell you that a lot of people are really happy and impressed by the way you let your communication and your game. A lot can’t wait to play your new expansion and love all the concepts you developed for this. I support you since GW1 because I love your lore and your approach of a MMORPG, with ni grinding and a horizontal evolution of our characters instead of always rushing the new better stuff. Skill is and will always be the major factor to win in GW instead of stuffs like in WoW and all it’s clones.

Your game isn’t perfect of course, you can still improve some things, but no game is perfect after all. I believe you’ll work hard to improve your game and add fantastic features, because you’re a team composed of passionates working to develop a game for other passionates.

Thanks Anet.

Carighan.6758

Or do you just not notice them because you’ve been trained to handle the insane flashes of light the game usually produces if someone so much as draws their weapon next to you?

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I honestly think the Sunspear outfit is one of the better clothing skins ANET has put out.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

For example, there are still plenty of “Katana” style swords and daggers that could be made.

Look forward to that in 2019 when we finally go back to Cantha, then.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I really hope the expansion has more skins than HoT did and that those skins are better. Otherwise we’re going to see a big problem.
GW2 is driven by the desire to gain new skins. If the new skins are bad nobody is going to bother with the content that much. They’ll do it once than drop it.

I hope to all the gods they bother to give us good skins and lots of them in the new expansion.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

When will they learn that nobody wants outfits.

Maybe when you learn not to use exaggeration and hyperbole. Neither seems likely.

Fyi, “Nobody wants outfits.” is not a true statement. You can only speak for yourself.

Nobody doesn’t want outfits maybe a handful of people,
most people dislike outfits because it restricts mix ’n matching with other armors

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

lmao worst outfit ever, looks nothing like GW1 version and it’s incredibly awkward (more than it already is) when you aren’t standing completely still and not in combat stance.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

My Asura Warrior can finally show off some of the physique he hides under that armor. He just has to wear a skirt to do it…

Attachments:

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

When will they learn that nobody wants outfits.

Nobody doesn’t want outfits maybe a handful of people,
most people dislike outfits because it restricts mix ’n matching with other armors

You must have some pretty big hands to fit all those people in them.