Appreciation for the April Fool's music

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

The ragtime theme song that plays at character death is brilliant. I also noticed on the character select screen, first you have the normal full orchestration, then when you enter the game the music goes a bit tinny for a minute or so – really giving the vibe of an old gramophone playing it.

It’s all the little things like this that make a great event – Thank-you for continuing to take such special care and provide us with a truly entertaining experience!

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The character and NPC voices are “a bit tinny” as well, it’s awesome. I think the effect is so subtle that many people didn’t really notice, at least it hasn’t come up in conversation much.

Posted by: Greymelken.1892

Greymelken.1892

apart from the gauche crucifixion pose, the sound quality is my biggest gripe and the first thing I noticed as the sound transitioned during the wait in the loading screen. My ears popped, and I knew if I didnt stop listening to it right away I would end up with a serious headache.

Dumbest april fools prank ever.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I agree Great job on the Audio for this April 1st patch. The attention to detail was wonderful. As for the death music, what a surprise when I face-planted in LA.

Best April Fools prank ever.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

Could the death music be added to the soundcloud after 1st april, please? Also as a “clear” version (no gramophone effect)? (^.^)

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

Pixelpumpkin.4608

But the gramophone effect is the best thing about it!

Posted by: rosehips.2694

rosehips.2694

Well I can’t say I like this joke at all. Why isn’t there something on the website or in the forums about when it will be over? It should be an optional effect. The stupid humming is giving me a headache I had to turn the sound down. It’s not like we get to play any jokes on the developers so it makes me feel getting targeted without an even playing field. I just feel that you should get people’s opinion before doing you go messing the game up.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I hadn’t noticed the “tinny” sound but in hindsight yeah, I think it was. I’m no audiophile, subtle sound glitches bounce right off me. The ragtime, though, that had me laughing, guffawing even! Just ask my Mumble friends!

The audio team knocks things out of the park on a regular basis, here’s to them, bless ’em.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

Love the sound effects….hilarious. I have been cranking up my personal death count just to hear the death theme lol

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Well I can’t say I like this joke at all. Why isn’t there something on the website or in the forums about when it will be over?

April Fool’s is usually over on April 2

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

first you have the normal full orchestration, then when you enter the game the music goes a bit tinny for a minute or so – really giving the vibe of an old gramophone playing it.

Interestingly, the effect goes off when you turn off postprocessing in the graphics options. It’s either the implementation for sub-UI effects is clunky, or they went the extra mile and made it easily turnoffable.

20 level 80s and counting.