April 30th patch sounds impressive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

I personally am still 100% loving Guild wars 2 even with my lvl 80 fully geared out and seeing updates like this really puts a smile on my face. I was just expecting some f/f retribution update but WOW guild banners, new guild missions, a new dungeon, custom arena’s, spectator mode and more WvW abilities. Anet is doing quite a fantastic job at keeping me into guild wars 2!

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m gonna hold my enthusiasm until I see if they do much in the way of balancing the professions in the different game modes.

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

I am going to wait until I see Vayne’s plaque of approval.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Posted by: Rakanarshi.5892

Rakanarshi.5892

I concur with Tommyknocker. While it is cool to see a new dungeon and some more Guild and WvW stuff, I am more interested in class balance. Engineer, Necro and Rangers need a little loving :P

Inverted.7439

I concur with Tommyknocker. While it is cool to see a new dungeon and some more Guild and WvW stuff, I am more interested in class balance. Engineer, Necro and Rangers need a little loving :P

i assume you’re talking about in WvW right? because in PvP those are probably the top classes. Though yes i wouldnt mind a little bit of a touch up on d/d heal ele

Posted by: arakkune.1429

arakkune.1429

it sucks its only a limited time dungeon

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Yeah, I can’t say I’m impressed. PvP stuff I don’t play, 1 Dungeon.. that’s kinda neat.. more expensive Gem stuff. Another Guild mission OPTION to do once per week. Guild Missions are pretty awful right now.. Trek & Bounty are excruciatingly dull…

The thing that gets me is that Anet said F&F is “An expansion’s worth of content” When there is no way to construe that as true. & they look like their gonna keep going with that over-promise, under-deliver: “culminates in a boss battle that will go down in Guild Wars 2 history”. Guys… STOP. It looks horrible when you say stuff like “expansions worth of content”. It’s not even close.

Agh.. & these currencies.. whaaaat?? Gold, Karma,Guild Merits, Laurels, AC,CM,CoF,.. agh WTFFFF.. Wasn’t the plan to have Karma be the thing that let us play what we want to buy what we want? I dunno.. I’m so inundated with currencies & mats it feels draining to dare having a goal.

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

noob question, where is the patch notes?

Inverted.7439

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Custom arena’s, no new modes, more temporary content, not impressed in the least.

I will however probably spend some time in spectator when I’m bored… about time that got in there.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Inverted.7439

Yeah, I can’t say I’m impressed. PvP stuff I don’t play, 1 Dungeon.. that’s kinda neat.. more expensive Gem stuff. Another Guild mission OPTION to do once per week. Guild Missions are pretty awful right now.. Trek & Bounty are excruciatingly dull…

The thing that gets me is that Anet said F&F is “An expansion’s worth of content” When there is no way to construe that as true. & they look like their gonna keep going with that over-promise, under-deliver: “culminates in a boss battle that will go down in Guild Wars 2 history”. Guys… STOP. It looks horrible when you say stuff like “expansions worth of content”. It’s not even close.

Agh.. & these currencies.. whaaaat?? Gold, Karma,Guild Merits, Laurels, AC,CM,CoF,.. agh WTFFFF.. Wasn’t the plan to have Karma be the thing that let us play what we want to buy what we want? I dunno.. I’m so inundated with currencies & mats it feels draining to dare having a goal.

personally i find the guild bounties quite fun being on Teamspeak and actually having to use coordination with the rest of the guild and i enjoy 100% of it. As for the expansion worth of content, yes that is a bit much too say but i would just disregard that they said it if that bugs you :P but hey, if you’re not here to have fun why are you here at all?

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

LOL, omg what were they thinking? Those banners look awful… they look like someone stabbed your character from behind with a flag pole, or a flag was sticking out the back of your character’s pants?…

No thank you, I won’t be purchasing those any time soon. I was so waiting for something like that, but they’ve made them look so dumb lol… A simple cape or sash would of been fine and even cool, I enjoyed the capes in GW1.

No thank you :P

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Inverted.7439

PEOPLE! i made this as a positive post. You guys really don’t need to fill this with your whining. I wonder, if you are so against everything that’s being released why play? That’s all i read on the forums nowadays “omg temporary content. they need 2 b fixing OP clases that liek 1shot u and never die QQ”

PistolWhip.2697

Yeah, kitten customers for demanding better service! We should just take what company’s give us and keep our mouths shut!

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Inverted.7439

Yeah, kitten customers for demanding better service! We should just take what company’s give us and keep our mouths shut!

you

i like you

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I’ll be impressed when they add actual content that makes the game experience all around better. What they need to do is focus on class balance, adding more skills, more elites, better ways to tune the content so it is more engaging. What i mean is instead of just unlocking skills in a tab by doing soulless skill challenges (these are really a joke), we gain them in a more engaging way. I’m also all for bringing Elite Skill capping back. I’m not impressed with the trait system nor the weapon skill system. It may be great for balance, but it’s really a boring and restrictive system. Trait system is already in need of an overhaul and the combat depth is no where near as good as GW1. Build comps hardly matter as anything works with little or no strategy involved. The combat depth is not impressive whatsoever. Everyone mobs up and AoEs everything down. Berserker gear trumps everything else, support roles are marginalized, and the lack of trinity REALLY hurts this game’s depth and structure. Everything is really homogeneous, shallow, and super easy.

I see this patch as nothing more than more grind and cash shop item flaunting. I’d hardly call it a good patch, but let’s see what they do for class balance. Without a trinity system, not every role is as viable as the last considering everyone does basically the same thing when you get right down to it. So unless all classes are on par, we have extreme unbalance. I really don’t understand why they designed this game without a healer class, it seems only to take away from the depth.

Another thing ive noticed is that they are showing a real lack of ingenuity in being able to create challenging content that accents the skill and trait system depth. It’s like skills, traits, and combo fields are ultimately superfluous in the broad scheme of combat, team compositions, interplay, etc. This is what i mean by homogeneous, shallow, and casual. There’s no urgency in using combo fields or a certain spec since roles are marginalized to the point of nullification. This causes imbalance. When Mesmer’s have Time Warp, which most deem to be an extremely essential support skill, that gives them a role. This is an example of what we need more of. More role identity through skills and more individual effectiveness fostered through the use of these roles that interplay with each other to create a deeper combat system. Make combos more integral to combat, for goodness sake, we don’t need more redundant condition applications.

I’ve uninstalled the game, i don’t consider patches like these to be significant, especially when there are core mechanics that need to be changed or added to. The game is just extremely shallow and limited. This is why no one cares about the PvP. Not because you’re missing a spectator mode. I’ll come back when they decide to work on things that matter to the fundamental design of the game. Throwing out more trash instances that still have the huge hp sponge bosses with just another boring, shallow phase or two that doesn’t require any team composition or role specialization…it just doesn’t appeal to me. It’s been the same thing over and over…more grind and rewards, but nothing to actually make the game better mechanically.

My 0.02$.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

PEOPLE! i made this as a positive post. You guys really don’t need to fill this with your whining. I wonder, if you are so against everything that’s being released why play? That’s all i read on the forums nowadays “omg temporary content. they need 2 b fixing OP clases that liek 1shot u and never die QQ”

Positivity and optimism are not allowed on forums.

I am also excited about the dungeon and spectator mode. I wanna watch my fellow MANVIL rock PvPers duke it out.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I personally am still 100% loving Guild wars 2 even with my lvl 80 fully geared out and seeing updates like this really puts a smile on my face. I was just expecting some f/f retribution update but WOW guild banners, new guild missions, a new dungeon, custom arena’s, spectator mode and more WvW abilities. Anet is doing quite a fantastic job at keeping me into guild wars 2!

Big thumbs up, I’m excited!

Posted by: cocolu.7640

cocolu.7640

Guess I will be guesting more often on Anvil Rock now. I hope these death matches are public.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Free monthly updates? I demand they pay me to play these so called “updates”.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Free monthly updates? I demand they pay me to play these so called “updates”.

I paid $60 to get the game that was promised updates after release. So no, these updates are part of the initial purchase of the game.

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I paid $60, 8 months ago. I’ve enjoyed my time.

Not being happy with a feature or direction of a game is fine. I just find it funny when people complain about fluff or lack of content in a free game :P I’m winding down and am getting ready to quit soon, but I got my money’s worth.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I paid $60, 8 months ago. I’ve enjoyed my time.

Not being happy with a feature or direction of a game is fine. I just find it funny when people complain about fluff or lack of content in a free game :P I’m winding down and am getting ready to quit soon, but I got my money’s worth.

I kitten and complain all the time, but I actually agreeing about having my moneys worth. If I get 20 hours out of a game, I feel like I got my moneys worth.
GW2 is a different beast altogether for me. I just feel like there was an abundant amount of potential and it was all flushed down the crap shoot.

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I kitten and complain all the time, but I actually agreeing about having my moneys worth. If I get 20 hours out of a game, I feel like I got my moneys worth.
GW2 is a different beast altogether for me. I just feel like there was an abundant amount of potential and it was all flushed down the crap shoot.

I can understand that. I came in with only youtube videos of Mesmers in spvp (even though I have never really spvped in this game since release). So I didn’t really have expectations. The monthly updates don’t seem like something to get angry about though. I’m sure there’s a bit more than what’s in the bullet points.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Ah but beware the small print, which are usually nerfs and class balancing, they don’t advertise them in advance just spring them on you in the patch notes…

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Touché.

/5char

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Ah but beware the small print, which are usually nerfs and class balancing, they don’t advertise them in advance just spring them on you in the patch notes…

…at least the one’s they feel are worth mentioning. The rest they leave to the playerbase to find. Exciting, indeed.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

So instead of capes they give us those banners……..What……The…..kitten

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Oh and also, you have to pay for a custom arena -.-

PistolWhip.2697

@lothefallen

I have to disagree with you on some points there. For one, I’m glad the trinity system is gone, I remember in GW1 I had to wait hours for monks to show up just to do a mission. No thank you, I’d rather not wait for some self absorbed person to enter the mission area so people can bawl at their feet to complete a mission.

Though I much enjoyed the build craft in GW1, and sat there for hours building new specs on my assassin main, I can’t help but say you’re missing or refuse to acknowledge the depth in GW2. Now I’m the first to criticize a lot of things in this game but, combat itself isn’t one. See it has its own type of depth, that isn’t pre-emptive like most games (Guild Wars 1 for example) where its about strategy and planning, putting together a team comprised of pre-made ideas. The depth in GW2’s combat is all reactionary, meaning the depth is all about positioning, movement, timing, momentum etc. Its a more fluid and action oriented depth, based around reacting to your opponent. Some appreciate that depth more, some appreciate the other. I personally can appreciate both, but hate personally the trinity for the reason stated above. The last thing I wan’t in the game is a dedicated healer, because I find playing healer boring and hate it, and I don’t want to wait hours to do a mission just because its mandatory to have one. The closest thing to that in this game is the Guardian requirement in very high end fractals, which I don’t mind.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

what i wanna see is the Nerf lists

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I am going to wait until I see Vayne’s plaque of approval.

Have you noticed I haven’t approved Flame and Frost? Just curious.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Those back banners..rofl. I skimmed over those notes last time and only just now noticed them. Just give us capes, please.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

LOL, omg what were they thinking? Those banners look awful… they look like someone stabbed your character from behind with a flag pole, or a flag was sticking out the back of your character’s pants?…

No thank you, I won’t be purchasing those any time soon. I was so waiting for something like that, but they’ve made them look so dumb lol… A simple cape or sash would of been fine and even cool, I enjoyed the capes in GW1.

No thank you :P

It looks more like the characters gained dorsal fins. Ima Shark!

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Just looked at the banner thing. Yeah. That’s pretty bad. Then again, maybe they could be spring-loaded or something to help with the dodge rolls.

Seriously, though – what? I don’t get it. And the Flame and Frost thing ends with a 5-man dungeon – which is bad enough in itself – but this dungeon, this new content for those who like doing dungeons, is only available for a limited time? What? Why? I don’t get it. I don’t get the rent-a-rena thing either. I guess I just don’t get arenanet anymore. What the heck are they doing?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

@lothefallen

I have to disagree with you on some points there. For one, I’m glad the trinity system is gone, I remember in GW1 I had to wait hours for monks to show up just to do a mission. No thank you, I’d rather not wait for some self absorbed person to enter the mission area so people can bawl at their feet to complete a mission.

Though I much enjoyed the build craft in GW1, and sat there for hours building new specs on my assassin main, I can’t help but say you’re missing or refuse to acknowledge the depth in GW2. Now I’m the first to criticize a lot of things in this game but, combat itself isn’t one. See it has its own type of depth, that isn’t pre-emptive like most games (Guild Wars 1 for example) where its about strategy and planning, putting together a team comprised of pre-made ideas. The depth in GW2’s combat is all reactionary, meaning the depth is all about positioning, movement, timing, momentum etc. Its a more fluid and action oriented depth, based around reacting to your opponent. Some appreciate that depth more, some appreciate the other. I personally can appreciate both, but hate personally the trinity for the reason stated above. The last thing I wan’t in the game is a dedicated healer, because I find playing healer boring and hate it, and I don’t want to wait hours to do a mission just because its mandatory to have one. The closest thing to that in this game is the Guardian requirement in very high end fractals, which I don’t mind.

I think you’re being a bit hyperbolic, if not just flat out ignorant. Monks weren’t mandatory in HA, RA, etc for victory, but meta developed a certain way. Doesn’t mean it was the only viable way. Also, “bawl at their feet”? Embellish much? You didn’t like playing healer, that’s okay, but a lot of people do. Some people are just not good at being as reactive and skilled as good GW1 monks were required to be. Not everyone’s cup of tea, for sure. You don’t like complying to team organization, that’s fine, but in this game, the lack of this allows for nowhere near the amount of depth GW1 had. On several occasions, i was able to do even HardMode content with Necromancers, Ritualists, and Elementalists without even a single monk in the party, so that argument is null and void, probably fueled by bias or lack of skill system understanding. You’re speaking simply out of not wanting to build team comps with other people, strategize, or even have any rhyme or reason to grouping, probably why GW2 is better suited towards such demographic.

The lack of these defined roles does nothing in regards to adding depth to the combat. In fact, with no threshold for difficulty in what a party can handle, dungeons and encounters are designed solely around gimmicks that, ideally, any class will be able to do in a team composition. This accents absolutely no skill system depth whatsoever. In a few words, this game has been casualized in relation to GW1. There is absolutely no argument, this system is undoubtedly less conducive to combat depth as GW1 simply because roles are homogenized and everyone is capable of the same things. This doesn’t create diversity or engaging teamwork, it creates vapid gimmicks, full zerker parties, and nothing but zerg.

So while you may enjoy or not be able to see that the game is very dumbed-down and shallow, doesn’t change the fact that GW1:

-Never had tanks.
-Never made monks absolutely mandatory to do content.
-Has a much more engaging skill system.
-Is more conducive to teamplay and combat role depth based on the variety and specialization present within the skill system.

What they did in GW2 was just throw all that structure away to appeal to the WoW-quitters, the console kids, the casual kitten demographic, and the people that think MMOs should be as easy and as solo-able as Mario.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

(edited by lothefallen.7081)

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Some performance improvements would be nice, the game still runs as slow as it did at launch, look what Bethesda did with Skyrim in a year, they doubled the framerate, but Guild Wars 2? Nope not a single optimization since beta. What did ArenaNet do fire most of their dev team after the game came out?

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

that’s cool n all but have they FINALLY fund a way to fix izerker/F1-F4 glitch on mez or do i have to wait five more months?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m gonna hold my enthusiasm until I see if they do much in the way of balancing the professions in the different game modes.

hold your enthusiasm not your breath.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Yep, impressive, I haven’t been so excited since the last end of the world O-O

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

The dungeon is the only thing here that remotely interests me. The rest is just pointless fluff, and programming time that could have been spent working on the meat of the game.

And seriously. Paying for custom arenas. Well, we can duel now! If we pay them. Hooray? Anyone seen the gold to gem conversion lately? Anyone else feel like they’re doing everything they can to annoy us into spending money?

The banners? Seriously? I mean, seriously? Who thought THAT up? What on Tyria was wrong with capes? Why the flags that look like we’re about to be served at a burger joint?

I’m not whining, I’m not QQ-ing, I’m just facepalming. I’m curious what the decision-making process is. That’s probably going to be the most fascinating thing about this.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

You’re right. I can only have 1 of 2 views on the game. Either Everything is perfect & Anet can do no wrong, or I Hate it with a seething passion & wish for Anet to go out of business.. yup, sorry about that, I forgot I had to stick with 1 of the 2.

no, the truth is I like the game a lot, I’ve been super supportive of it, but there are some major things that are starting to grind on me now. The whole “we’re not working on an expansion even though we said we were before launch” & “you’re gonna get an expansion worth of content!” to “we’re gonna revamp the dungeons to make them not bland” “we’re gonna add guild halls after launch” “all new rewards are very grindy”.. I dunno… I’m starting to get this picture now that they find it good policy to way over-hype. They didn’t do this before.

the F&F stuff didn’t really help the “living world” It would have been more of a “living world” if they made the Dragon Bosses actually start walking around & have interesting mechanics & fights. Make them move around the whole zone & stop being so predictable & simplistic.

I dunno.. I’m a bit confused how 300 people are required to do what they’ve done in the past 4 months. If they created the game at the same rate, it would have taken 15 years. I dunno.. I’m usually REALLY positive about the game, but F&F has really left a bad bad taste in my mouth. SAB was amazing, but it honestly was a whole different game. why was THAT so good & the F&F stuff so bleh.

Chuo.4238

.. I dunno… I’m starting to get this picture now that they find it good policy to way over-hype. They didn’t do this before.

I agree. They almost come off sounding desperate. Entirely too much bouncy-positive-sunshine-blowing and not so much connecting with the community.

I wonder why they distanced themselves from us so much since Guild Wars…

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

At the moment I read ‘New Dungeon’ I was sold. The one thing our guild loves to do is dungeons, and I know I’m going to have a hell of a good time with my guildies in this new dungeon.

Vayne.8563

You’re right. I can only have 1 of 2 views on the game. Either Everything is perfect & Anet can do no wrong, or I Hate it with a seething passion & wish for Anet to go out of business.. yup, sorry about that, I forgot I had to stick with 1 of the 2.

no, the truth is I like the game a lot, I’ve been super supportive of it, but there are some major things that are starting to grind on me now. The whole “we’re not working on an expansion even though we said we were before launch” & “you’re gonna get an expansion worth of content!” to “we’re gonna revamp the dungeons to make them not bland” “we’re gonna add guild halls after launch” “all new rewards are very grindy”.. I dunno… I’m starting to get this picture now that they find it good policy to way over-hype. They didn’t do this before.

the F&F stuff didn’t really help the “living world” It would have been more of a “living world” if they made the Dragon Bosses actually start walking around & have interesting mechanics & fights. Make them move around the whole zone & stop being so predictable & simplistic.

I dunno.. I’m a bit confused how 300 people are required to do what they’ve done in the past 4 months. If they created the game at the same rate, it would have taken 15 years. I dunno.. I’m usually REALLY positive about the game, but F&F has really left a bad bad taste in my mouth. SAB was amazing, but it honestly was a whole different game. why was THAT so good & the F&F stuff so bleh.

Because it’s harder to fix stuff that’s not working than it is to program it in the first place. That’s where all the time is going.

You know this game launched with lots fo bugs. Lots of bugs have been fixed, and it STILL has lots of bugs. Apparently the culling issue was much worse than anyone thought it would be. People were tied up in that problem for months, trying to get it to work.

I’m not saying you should be 100 positive or 100% negative, but be realistic. I’ve yet to see ANY MMORPG launch with the amount of content this game launched with. Whether you like the updates or not, there has been more content since launch, including the fractals. The Halloween and Christmas things, not everyone’s cup of tea, were well received by many.

The living story thing is underwhelming I agree completely. I also think it’s a slow start for some very cool stuff they plan to do. And I really like stuff like the Guild missions, even if the bounties are hit and miss. My guild has succeeded most of the times. We just unlocked guild rushes, which we’re going to do this week. My wife did one with another guild and said it was great fun.

I liked SAB. A lot of people didn’t, but a lot of people did too. There’s plenty of content here…but it’s never enough. There hasn’t been enough time yet for people to do what needs to be done.

And new programmers and artist are being hired, but they still have to be trained. Throwing more bodies at stuff doesn’t necessarily make it faster.

Chuo.4238

Because it’s harder to fix stuff that’s not working than it is to program it in the first place. That’s where all the time is going.

You know this game launched with lots fo bugs. Lots of bugs have been fixed, and it STILL has lots of bugs. Apparently the culling issue was much worse than anyone thought it would be. People were tied up in that problem for months, trying to get it to work.

I’m not saying you should be 100 positive or 100% negative, but be realistic. I’ve yet to see ANY MMORPG launch with the amount of content this game launched with. Whether you like the updates or not, there has been more content since launch, including the fractals. The Halloween and Christmas things, not everyone’s cup of tea, were well received by many.

The living story thing is underwhelming I agree completely. I also think it’s a slow start for some very cool stuff they plan to do. And I really like stuff like the Guild missions, even if the bounties are hit and miss. My guild has succeeded most of the times. We just unlocked guild rushes, which we’re going to do this week. My wife did one with another guild and said it was great fun.

I liked SAB. A lot of people didn’t, but a lot of people did too. There’s plenty of content here…but it’s never enough. There hasn’t been enough time yet for people to do what needs to be done.

And new programmers and artist are being hired, but they still have to be trained. Throwing more bodies at stuff doesn’t necessarily make it faster.

You are pretty much right, but I think that at this point, going on 8 months since launch, ArenaNet have kind of developed a reputation (notoriety?) about a few things, which has sapped away much of the patience and goodwill of the community.

So here’s my little conspiracy theory:

1) True or not, a great number of people feel that the game they got is not the one that was advertised/expected from a Guild Wars title. (mediocre sPvP, no GvG, gear grind, etc.)

2) True or not, they have a reputation now for not listening to the community if they don’t have to. Which is a shame considering how interactive they were with Guild Wars.

3) True or not, they have a reputation for being slow with bug-fixing and heavy-handed with exploit-fixing. The general feeling, from the people I game with, is that every time something is fixed, something else gets broken.

4) With F&F, they’re getting a reputation for not delivering on promises of “an expansions’ worth of new content”. Rather, it’s a big yawn-fest, and a very, very, long, boring, drawn-out leadup to whatever conclusion we’re about to see.

5) The way the gem store works (money → gems →gold) really gives the impression of “pay-to-win”. Especially when you can only get a precursor through RNG or stupid amounts of gold.

What does this mean? Whether they’re doing it all right or not, whether they have the best intentions or not, ANet is getting a mediocre to bad reputation. It’s amplified by how much of a fall it is from their good reputation from Guild Wars.

People like me aren’t really willing to be as patient with ArenaNet as they were right after launch. Everything they do is going to be picked apart. And let’s face it, the only glowing moment they’ve had since launch is the SAB. It had it’s small group of detractors, but mostly people really like it. Which, in a healthy game, is how all new content releases should be.

TL:DR – ANet has (deservedly or not) developed a negative reputation in many aspects, leading people to be less patient and understanding with their content releases.

PS: Lately I spend more time on the forums than in game. It’s more social and more fun. I like forums. I just don’t much like the game. And I used to vigorously defend it to the naysayers!

Posted by: Yozoh.8179

Yozoh.8179

Really excited for the upcoming patch.

But I must say, judging from the picture I honestly think the Guild Back Banner looks very awkward. It resembles something like a Japanese Sashimono (which is great – something I would look forward to), except its been redesigned to become a short mini version with less aggressiveness and at the same time doesn’t seem to fit in well with the GW2 art theme.
I think the idea of it is great, but just not very fond of the design. Very much happy to see that something is being released in place of the capes clipping issues, and also anticipating that this back banner will become something more.

Vayne.8563

I think that a small percentage of people view Anet negatively. Far more people probably view Blizzard negatively than Anet for example. As a company gets bigger, they often become a target for people.

It’s true some people, perhaps a great number, feel disenfranchised because they didn’t get the game they thought they were getting. There are a couple of people who feel they’re not listening to the community, however, I feel that many of these people, if not most, are the same people in the first group. You see, you feel disenfranchised, you complain, and then you feel not listened to. So it’s like both point 1 and point 2 of the above post seem to cover the same people.

As for slow with bug fixes, they’re probably not much slower than any other new MMO, and again, most of the people complaining are probably the people who feel disenfranchised. Do you see where this is going? lol

A few people are really angry at Anet for not getting the game they thought they were buying and that anger spills out into other areas. If you’re happy with the game, you’re more likely to accept bugs, much like the Skyrim players mostly were. If you’re not happy with the game, then the bugs are just another nail in the coffin.

I wasn’t surprised at all by what I got with this game, with the possibile exception of ascended gear, though I realized before it came out that there was too much of a gap between exotics and legendaries.

Because I don’t feel betrayed, I can look at the other things the company is doing, and be realistic about how long it takes to get that stuff done. Blizzard has a whole lot more money than Anet and they don’t necessarily fix bugs or balance things faster.

tldr; What’s reasonable to you when you’re having fun, is completely different than what’s reasonable to you when you feel betrayed or let down.

Chuo.4238

tldr; What’s reasonable to you when you’re having fun, is completely different than what’s reasonable to you when you feel betrayed or let down.

Sounds like we agree!

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I am sad the nearest thing we have of an Asian/Canthan theme are those new guild banners . They look like Sashimono .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimono