April Fools: Bobble Heads

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I love how mad some people are getting over this.

Classic, thanks for the laughs ANet.

Yeah part of the humor of this for me is watching people blow their wigs acting like a 1 day thing is the end of GW2.

It has been rather funny watching map chat as well and see people say things like, “Umm.. Something is wrong with my head. Is this a bug?”

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’ve always had a feeling that many MMO’ers needed to get a sense of humor and go outside once in a while, but this is pretty clear evidence.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Lol, and today was going to be the first time I logged in in a month or so. Looked around, and went “nope!”. Guess next week is soon enough.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I need my endless bobble tonic.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: cybel.9538

cybel.9538

Apparently this is going to happen randomly through out the day when you zone…Highly annoying

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

I’ve always had a feeling that many MMO’ers needed to get a sense of humor and go outside once in a while, but this is pretty clear evidence.

Humor is subjective, to say someone needs a sense of humor bc they don’t find funny what you do proves you don’t understand that point.

Posted by: Midnight Gypsy.9360

Midnight Gypsy.9360

Apparently this is going to happen randomly through out the day when you zone…Highly annoying

I agree, this is annoying. I would not mind as much if it didn’t affect my characters.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Very clever, ANet! Yes, we need a big giant head tonic now, lol. When I was going to work this morning hubby told me he thought GW2 had been hacked because he was playing last night and suddenly got this big giant head. I had a good chuckle all day when I thought about it and can’t wait to get home to see for myself.

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

The idea itself is great. I loved my oversized head when i first logged in. It reminded me Fatman Scoop “Be Faithful” music video. But then i started to move, and the broken (creepy, shaky) animation was so disturbing (charrs especially) it made me feel sick.

Posted by: Slithid.8632

Slithid.8632

Humor is subjective, to say someone needs a sense of humor bc they don’t find funny what you do proves you don’t understand that point.

And in some cases, humor isn’t even the issue. Some people are getting sick from this and developing headaches, others are having trouble playing due to the fact they can’t see around their heads.

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

This needs to be a perma toggle option in game, great for anyone having a bad day, overall freaking hilarious ty Anet

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

Posted by: Slcrisis.6930

Slcrisis.6930

http://media.tumblr.com/b9bfea71f752a16c98e4df2e581b0d23/tumblr_inline_mushepfmbE1rre6w5.gif

human bobbleheads…this is all that comes to mind, it’s amazing

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

My response to the haters -

(wish I knew how to embed on the forums)

By the way, this is what I did today instead of working at my job. Thanks alot for that Anet

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Gem store gets a unique backpack, minstrel finisher and glowing eye mask. I think I know where Arena Net’s priorities are.

Hmm… Big heads, I am sure it took them all of five minutes to do that. A handful of people say get a sense of humor, but honestly how is this addition even remotely amusing? It is only irritating, at least in GW1 it was only ever present in town instances.

Well, I guess Arena Net does not want to break their ten month long disappointment streak. We suffer months of Arena Net working on the dire Scarlet arc, content many people did not like or want. For April fools most asked for more SAB and yet again Arena Net refuse to deliver what people actually want, what goes through the mind of the person who plans all this stuff? It really feels like decisions are being made without proper peer review.

Come on, sort out your priorities Arena Net.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Bluntman.9780

Bluntman.9780

i agree with most, it was fun for first 30 sec… and what troll up jp daily when u cant see half of screen coz of big head.

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Omg feeding off the haters is so much fun! ahaha

Happy April’s Fools Day

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

Posted by: Elessar Iso.9675

Elessar Iso.9675

Thank you ArenaNet!

This was so awesome April Fool’s Day joke. I loved to see all my characters with bobbleheads.

My favourite foes and NPC’s was: Moose, with those huge horns. Minotaurs when they run. All Moas. Troll was hilarious. Oakhearts when they moved around and their head were moving side to side. I loved all drakes, wolves, jaguars and specially spiders Bandits, when they run and lean their heads back. Skritts in everywhere and what ever they did, they made me laugh. Emi in Queensdale, she really had huge head and large brains. All those huge headed NPC’s.

Yes, I really enjoy this April Fool’s Day. Thank you very much ArenaNet.

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

I enjoy the “you changed the game for 24 hours I will never play again.”

Must be kitten addicted to this game that being unable to play for 1 day has destroyed your world. Hate to be your electric company during a hurricane.

If it makes you sick, I’m sorry but just take a day off.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Thank you ArenaNet!

This was so awesome April Fool’s Day joke. I loved to see all my characters with bobbleheads.

My favourite foes and NPC’s was: Moose, with those huge horns. Minotaurs when they run. All Moas. Troll was hilarious. Oakhearts when they moved around and their head were moving side to side. I loved all drakes, wolves, jaguars and specially spiders Bandits, when they run and lean their heads back. Skritts in everywhere and what ever they did, they made me laugh. Emi in Queensdale, she really had huge head and large brains. All those huge headed NPC’s.

Yes, I really enjoy this April Fool’s Day. Thank you very much ArenaNet.

The Trolls in EotM were hysterical!! Yes, it was a great joke.

As I said earlier, games are about fun, if you take things too serious, ALL THE TIME, then there is no fun!!

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: Drewan.5681

Drewan.5681

Throren and his moose

Attachments:

Dusty Moon.4382

Thank you A.Net for putting a little ‘spring’ into step today.

Thoren and his Moose is SO EPIC!!

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

it was funny, but its been up for far too long,
traditionally you stop after mid day.
“april fools has been and gone and you’re the fool for carrying on”

though i agree with the guy above me, aslong as they remove it tomorrow and don’t break anything during the patching then there is no harm done,
just an overly elongated joke that started off funny :P

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Omg feeding off the haters is so much fun! ahaha

I think that speaks volumes about what kind of person you are, getting your jollies from other peoples unhappiness.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I know its amusing to some and frustrating for others… but its actually making me very sick. I’ve never had issues with motion sickness in GW2 until today.

I just can’t play like this.

For all of you that are feeding off of the “haters” on this forum thread, does that not mean anything to you? That some of us physically can’t take it as a joke?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Frenzify.6832

Frenzify.6832

What I’m starting to find amusing about this is how easily amused people are. Not that being easily amused is a bad thing; I just prefer more intelligence in my humour.

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

I know its amusing to some and frustrating for others… but its actually making me very sick. I’ve never had issues with motion sickness in GW2 until today.

For all of you that are feeding off of the “haters” on this forum thread, does that not mean anything to you? That some of us physically can’t take it as a joke?

Sadly they just don’t care. Even if the issue is serious, you ‘have no humour’ or ‘are a hater’. I’m having medical issues with the prank as well, so I’ve decided not to play today.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Blaeys.3102

What I’m starting to find amusing about this is how easily amused people are. Not that being easily amused is a bad thing; I just prefer more intelligence in my humour.

Not on April 1st.

Save that intellectual stuff for the rest of the year.

Clear.8512

The joke is on Anet. If they created a more intelligent prank. There would be 50 threads about how they are wasting their time and should be working on permanent features.

April Fools you can’t win no matter what you do.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Asura are smart. They now have bigger heads. By definition, their brains are now much larger than before.

Bigger brain = more intelligence.

There you go. Now laugh!

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

Dusty Moon.4382

The joke is on Anet. If they created a more intelligent prank. There would be 50 threads about how they are wasting their time and should be working on permanent features.

Really? Intelligent? Then why is Jack kitten movies so funny to people? Or Punked?

Pranks are supposed to dumb and silly and this one is very silly indeed.

Clear.8512

Really? Intelligent? Then why is Jack kitten movies so funny to people? Or Punked?

Easy there, I had it in bold as a lot of people are getting on their high horses.

Posted by: Frenzify.6832

Frenzify.6832

Asura are smart. They now have bigger heads. By definition, their brains are now much larger than before.

Bigger brain = more intelligence.

There you go. Now laugh!

kitten … That was actually kind of amusing.

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Living bubblehead.

Attachments:

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

Dusty Moon.4382

Easy there, I had it in bold as the counter argument is that it is a childish stupid prank.

My apologies……

Blaeys.3102

Easy there, I had it in bold as the counter argument is that it is a childish stupid prank.

My apologies……

It’s okay, as long as you don’t let it go to your head.

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Rangers have a trait in beastmaster line where the pet gets stacks everytime you kill a foe. up to 25 stacks, but you automatically lose the stats if you go underwater and also if you leave the water, even if you have the same pet equipped on land and underwater.

I guess the new stacking sigils mechanics will work just like that, if you get sigil stacks on land you will lose then if you enter the water, and you wont be able to do that trick you mentioned.

dont mention that god awful trait. It is broken, useless and totally unviable. Because; If pet dies, you lose stacks. If you swap pets, you lose stacks. If you go under water, you lose stacks. If YOU get downed, you lose those stacks. If you swap maps, stacks are gone.

In the end, the only situation you can get benefit from that crap trait, is if you can sit in a corner with blob of lvl 1 creatures while you and your pet is level 80.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Posted by: Redrenna.7216

Redrenna.7216

I just had to share this owl.

Attachments:

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

what about the kitten hidden area must go see

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Sadly they just don’t care. Even if the issue is serious, you ‘have no humour’ or ‘are a hater’. I’m having medical issues with the prank as well, so I’ve decided not to play today.

Don’t have a choice in the matter. No GW2 today for me either.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

Ty Anet for this bobble crap you just made the dungeons unplayable i just stop playing till heads are normal again.

Dusty Moon.4382

Don’t have a choice in the matter. No GW2 today for me either.

You have a choice. It is funny – it seems people take their gaming WAY TOO SERIOUS!!

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

Posted by: Naztharius.7639

Naztharius.7639

YESS!!! Thank you so much A-Net! Loving the tears of all these people who are crying that can’t take a joke. They are truly the fools.

Commander Naztharius – [KWBH]
GM of Kingswood Brotherhood -SBI
Bringer Of Truth

Posted by: Drewan.5681

Drewan.5681

And here is Throren and Ro dancing

Attachments:

(edited by Drewan.5681)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Ty Anet for this bobble crap you just made the dungeons unplayable i just stop playing till heads are normal again.

That’s funny, I just ran CoF 1, AC 1 and 2 and it was very playable. I didn’t get kicked for having a bobblehead or anything. But in your case, a day off is probably a good idea.

The Burninator

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

My friend, I do take pleasure in well-executed, clever, complex jokes as well, yet I don’t feel the need to indirectly call others intellectually inferior people just because their tastes in humour are different to my own.
You see, by doing this you do not appear to be smarter, cleverer or more sophisticated. Instead, you look like a stuck-up, pretentious kitten.

Now, if you put some thought into it, you’ll realise that people are just happy that ANET took some of their time to add something wacky to commemorate today’s occasion and are, in turn, expressing their gratitude by sharing screenshots, opinions and whatnot.

In time you will realise that a person’s intellect and cleverness show on their own without needing to foolishly downsize others to demonstrate them.

I feel that you’re exaggerating a little bit with that statement. However, I’ll give you that some abilities are trickier to read due to the huge bobble heads enemies possess.

Anyway, if you want to get rid of the heads, change your computer’s date to anything, except today’s.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

YESS!!! Thank you so much A-Net! Loving the tears of all these people who are crying that can’t take a joke. They are truly the fools.

This is not a joke is an unplayable game sorry but i didn’t got the joke here with a head that cover all screen.

Blaeys.3102

I prefer to be easily amused.

It makes life more fun.

Posted by: Slcrisis.6930

Slcrisis.6930

Are people playing on potato screens or something? Im doing dungeons and I’m seeing stuff perfectly fine, jeez you people are such downers

Dusty Moon.4382

This is not a joke is an unplayable game sorry but i didn’t got the joke here with a head that cover all screen.

What are you talking about – I was in EotM for several hours and had no issues what so ever. It was very playable.