April Update?

April Update?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

So when exactly is the April update coming? First Tuesday?
I know the hype is real on this one, what expectations if any, should we have?

Is SAB going to be quietly dropped back into the game?
Are dungeon rewards flipped back to original?
Scribing costs reduced?
WvW borderlands changed back to old maps?
Leather supply being fixed?

April Update?

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

No one really knows exactly what. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of those things you listed. I also would not be surprised if none of them show up.

Isn’t this supposed to be a balance update as well? Since they are doing those quarterly.

April Update?

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

No one really knows exactly what. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of those things you listed. I also would not be surprised if none of them show up.

Isn’t this supposed to be a balance update as well? Since they are doing those quarterly.

No balance update mid pvp season, atleast thats what they said. Their word isnt really something of much value anymore since recent days.

if they do, however stick with that, and there is a balance patch included in the april update, it could be the 19th at best, since thats the first tuesday after the season ends.

April Update?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

April 19 is the most probable date.
Don’t expect SAB. ever.
PVP balance – possible,
WvW overhaul – MAYBE. Would be cool to have a tournament like in 2014.
Scribing costs fixed – likely, hopefully
Leather fix – doubt it
Dungeons – maybe

I am clueless what will be included in it. We only know it won’t be:
- raid wing 3
- LS s03e01
- more than one new legendaries

I think we can expect something like rework of Claw of Jormag or maybe some other open-world bosses. But from what they said about the update it sounds like there definitely will be some filler content that can be in a way considered a living story.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

April Update?

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

Whatever you do .. don’t expect much … it’s the only way to avoid disappointment.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

April Update?

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Just do what I do:

Don’t expect anything.
When the thing does come, be pleasantly surprised.
Find out how to have as much fun with it as possible.

NSPride <3

April Update?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Once Friday hits there’ll be an update in GW2 where everyones’ shoes will become permanently hidden for a day or somekinda silly shenanigans.

Also, Jojo is updated with a new season. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

April Update?

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Not expecting anything great. They need to do some house cleaning first.

April Update?

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

They’re for sure doing an April update?

Can someone link me to a dev post or dulfy thread?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

April Update?

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

No balance update mid pvp season, atleast thats what they said. Their word isnt really something of much value anymore since recent days.

if they do, however stick with that, and there is a balance patch included in the april update, it could be the 19th at best, since thats the first tuesday after the season ends.

They specifically stated there would be quarterly balance updates.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-goals-for-the-winter-2016-update/

That was the last one in mid January. So there will be one in April. I assume it will happen right after the PvP season ends, which is what they did last time as well. Not sure if they will split the April “content” update we are assuming is coming and the “Balance” update though. So all you Necros out there, get ready, you are going the way of the Burnzerker!

April Update?

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-weapons-6/page/9#post6062496

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.”

A very strong statement indicating something big is coming in April…

April Update?

Asumita.2174

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/profession-balance-goals-for-the-winter-2016-update/

That was the last one in mid January. So there will be one in April. I assume it will happen right after the PvP season ends, which is what they did last time as well. Not sure if they will split the April “content” update we are assuming is coming and the “Balance” update though. So all you Necros out there, get ready, you are going the way of the Burnzerker!

Yey! make necros useless waste of data in PVE again.

April Update?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

maybe they got nothing coming
is almost april and there isnt a “guild chat” about it

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

April Update?

Asumita.2174

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-weapons-6/page/9#post6062496

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.”

Yikes, I hope they didn’t just dig a grave hole.

April Update?

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Leather supply? :O I like it this way. I have money now! Besides, ANet said in a previous blog post “scarcity is a good thing”

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

April Update?

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I’m leaning towards SAB though. I don’t know that they would add any maps in without living story, so I can’t imagine what else it would be. Unless they had some alternative easy mode form of raids or something.

April Update?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I’m hoping they will make some changes to make the open world in HoT a bit more accessible.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

April Update?

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

April 19 is the most probable date.
Don’t expect SAB. ever.
PVP balance – possible,
WvW overhaul – MAYBE. Would be cool to have a tournament like in 2014.
Scribing costs fixed – likely, hopefully
Leather fix – doubt it
Dungeons – maybe

I am clueless what will be included in it. We only know it won’t be:
- raid wing 3
- LS s03e01
- more than one new legendaries

I think we can expect something like rework of Claw of Jormag or maybe some other open-world bosses. But from what they said about the update it sounds like there definitely will be some filler content that can be in a way considered a living story.

Actually, the best time for them to bring back SAB is now. SAB is one of the only things that could soothe the pain of no Legendary Weapons, although temporarily. It could distract players (for a little while) from the problems HoT gave us.

April Update?

Posted by: Sidizen.9048

Sidizen.9048

Yey! make necros useless waste of data in PVE again.

cries

April Update?

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

maybe they got nothing coming
is almost april and there isnt a “guild chat” about it

It’s possible it’ll be later than usual because of Colin leaving and them needing to switch things around. Colin used to make the blogposts before the big updates as well. I really really hope they give us one before the update is there so we can at least see what they have in store for us in the next quarter.

Though with the bomb Mo dropped last week, that sound somehow really strange. Saying that legendaries wouldn’t be worked on further would’ve fitted perfectly in a blogpost like that where, although hidden, it would hopefuly be amongst the good news as well.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

April Update?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Just do what I do:

Don’t expect anything.

Right, we can all feel like we’re “unwrapping” content we should be getting with the expansion we’ve paid for. : – \

I never expect anything from a product I’ve purchased.. and when I get it.. it feels amazing.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

April Update?

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Just do what I do:

Don’t expect anything.

Right, we can all feel like we’re “unwrapping” content we should be getting with the expansion we’ve paid for. : – \

I never expect anything from a product I’ve purchased.. and when I get it.. it feels amazing.

Now you’re getting it! If you can keep up that mindset, you’ll be hardpress to feel any negativity or disappointment.

NSPride <3