Are you happy about today's armor skin?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Very few armors in this game really pop out to me, and this says a lot since GW1 had so many amazing armor concepts. This is odd to me since presumably the same armor artists worked between the games. Almost none of the gem store armors are remotely appealing to me aesthetically speaking (which is fine because Gem Store armor is a big no-no for me for various reasons) and even Ascended Armor is decent at best. I’m hoping that there are some real amazing stuff in the works but after almost 2 years it’s not looking promising.

My thoughts exactly.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but Gw1 had just as much, if not more tripe armour than Gw2. Sprinkling it with nostalgia dust doesn’t really improve it’s looks objectively.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I want a lot more effects on the armor.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: Mizhas.8536

Mizhas.8536

If you think GW2s armor skins are OK you definitely are not playing a CHAR race Character.

Some of the skins look really awsome in humans, norns or sylvarys. But Asuras and Chars need some more custom armors for them that fit them.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I agree, Charr and Asura need more work.

For those who have never seen a few copy of gw1, here.

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

TL;DR we all have different tastes

Also, I find that people are generally pretty bad when it comes to dyeing their armor, which is IMO like 50% of the looks of armor.

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

I would like to see more GW1 armor skins in GW2…..

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I think GW2 art dept should take some notes from other games like B&S, Vindictus and many other asian MMORPG, they have really nice desings over there… I dream of a game with asian graphics and GW2 gameplay, I’d cry tears of joy if it were to come true

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

The first you must always ask yourself is : can you imagine how that armor would look on a Charr ?
At least i think that the existence of Charr as playable race is one of the main reasons we don’t have more armor sets since it costs the designer maybe 3-4 times more to make it fit to them.

OMG Racial profiling! I must Pro…. err Pawtest!!

Joking but, they could always make some charr specific arrangements.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Sadly a lot of people like shiny “i want to stand out in a crude manner” type fashion.

imo we need more class and less “my 50lbs shoulder pads are burning/glittering”

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

No. Only one noble-man-like armor, only 2 good looking armors for Asuran females at all. I’m not that satisfied. Furthermore, the most armors look cool on females, but not on males and the other way around. Best example is the witch costume. Men get a I-am-the-death look at women get a look-at-my-breasts armor.

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I like the fact that we have a ton of armor choices which allows for a fantastic mix-n-match system. With that being said, I wouldn’t mind having a bunch more choices. More skimpy. More tanky. More middle-ground. Just more.

Oh, and being able to mix-n-match town clothing would be nice too.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

TL;DR we all have different tastes

Also, I find that people are generally pretty bad when it comes to dyeing their armor, which is IMO like 50% of the looks of armor.

I think that’s why Ascended armor initially got a bad reception was due to the really poor dye choices that some sites used presenting it. I love mine to bits now, the detail is amazing down to the pearlized buttons on the gauntlets, the medalions and buckles, the fur/feather tuft-y like shoulderguards and get many compliments and questions about my dye choices.

Attachments:

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I really like the light and medium ascended armor, but the heavy on female is just.. no. Anyway, I feel there needs to be a vast amount of more armors added to the game. With only the regular 5 characters, I’m just tired of all the same stuff. I’ve started buying the gem store outfits for my necro, since they’re the only things that even remotely look like something I imagine “fit” a necro theme.

Need LOTS more. Just sayin’. ANet would get a lot of money from me and the many, many others like me that really enjoy the “dress up” part of this game.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

when i compare to aion armors it make me cry seriosly gw 2 armors are lame massively(((((( just good in art in game NOOOoooo

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

It’s true, most of the skins are butt ugly. You have basically two skins per class that are acceptable, the rest I recycle, even the purple/pink ones.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

My view has always been that GW2 is graphically stronger than GW1, but the design team from GW1 was much better. Anyone can see GW2 has much better graphics but GW1 had graphics that drew you in and made you feel sort of at home. GW2 never had that pull for me. I only play GW2 extremely casually now, like once or twice a year for a week or two at most. It’s easy to let go of. GW1 I played constantly for over 6 years. It just drew me in, I wanted to be there. That’s the difference for me.

In GW1 I spend hours collecting over 50 elite armour sets, including some FoW armour sets. In GW2 I pretty much insta-bought the two armour sets I liked and I was done with the game. It’s always a matter of taste of course but yeh games like Aion still has cooler looking armour than GW2 even though it’s an older game. GW2 may graphically be more up to date, but again, it’s the armor design that is lacking, not the graphics power.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

My view has always been that GW2 is graphically stronger than GW1, but the design team from GW1 was much better. Anyone can see GW2 has much better graphics but GW1 had graphics that drew you in and made you feel sort of at home. GW2 never had that pull for me. I only play GW2 extremely casually now, like once or twice a year for a week or two at most. It’s easy to let go of. GW1 I played constantly for over 6 years. It just drew me in, I wanted to be there. That’s the difference for me.

In GW1 I spend hours collecting over 50 elite armour sets, including some FoW armour sets. In GW2 I pretty much insta-bought the two armour sets I liked and I was done with the game. It’s always a matter of taste of course but yeh games like Aion still has cooler looking armour than GW2 even though it’s an older game. GW2 may graphically be more up to date, but again, it’s the armor design that is lacking, not the graphics power.

Give this hen a cookie!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I came to gw2 from WoW, so I love almost all of the gw2 armor (staff designs, not so much). Some of it doesn’t suit me, but I like that there are options, because I’m not conceited enough to think that every single piece of artwork out there should appeal to me.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

As someone who never played Gw1 I have to say the armor people posted looks kinda horrible. I’m pretty satisfied with what Gw2 has to offer.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I agree, Charr and Asura need more work.

For those who have never seen a few copy of gw1, here.

All of those skins look right in line with the poor armor designs of GW2. Was that the point of this post? Surely there are better looking GW1 armors, people keep referencing how great their skins were.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Only thing I care about out of those is; Is there going to be a chest piece and is it going to have a yucky skirt on it?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Yeah, the only game with really good armory atm is Aion. But that artstyle does not fit Gw2.

Yeah, when i think about western MMOs i played like EQ2, LotRO and Rift .. the armor in GW2 looks much better for me.

Actually for me, I’d say that they could definitely use a bit of help from LOTRO’s example, like chat window for all of your whispers in one place, backpacks (seriously there’s not enough and LOTRO has tons), weapons, some of the weapons in LOTRO are just great looking the LM legendary stalves are nice!

I’d like to have a weapon system like that in this title where these weapons have abilities or enhance the ones you have and you get to pick and choose and level those skills. LI’s are a great system.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!