Aren't orichalcum nodes character based?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psychotic Frog.6273

Psychotic Frog.6273

Hello! According to this post and the Wiki, nodes are character based, not account based. However, as soon as I hit 5 nodes in Cursed Shore, they disappear (I see them already mined) for all characters.

Have the behaviour changed recently? I need moar ori.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

No they are char based always have been.
Just checked yes char based,i can still get the same ones on my alts.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: Raire.7983

Raire.7983

Just finished a couple of gathering runs, they are still character based for me. Good thing too – I would have been a bit hacked off, having bought 3 Molten picks!

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

Yeah, I noticed it too that it seems to be char based. I was able to get Ori and ancient nodes about 2 times using the same char during the day before the update. After the update, I used another char and I don’t see it.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

They are character based. I used to have alot of characters based in Southsun Cove where there was a rich orichalcum node. I just logged in, mined it and switched to next char for farming. Then they removed the node *shakes fist

Posted by: Miss Pink Floyd.9730

Miss Pink Floyd.9730

So they no longer can be used with my alternate characters after one character mines it? I just bought an unlimited mining pick and this does not make me happy at all. I was planning on getting them for other chars, but I will wait for an official reply on this.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I have had issue with Ori nodes in Frostgorge disappearing after the 1st character mined it. Logged an alt and happened to go to see how the fresh lvl 80 would do in the area and strangely enough the ori node was still showing as already mined.

In case it is a bug: I’m on Blackgate Server and this occurred pre April patch.
I have not tried to repeat the bug and am rarely in Orr to see if it applies to that region as well.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

You have to hit the node more than 24 hours after you hit it last time on that character. Is it possible you’re not hitting that node after the elapsed time on that character?

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Ill test this tomorrow. There is an easy one to get to in frostgorge. Ill use a few character I haven’t logged into for the past 48 hours to be sure. I have 8 and only played 3 chars in the last two days so it should be pretty clear.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

You have to hit the node more than 24 hours after you hit it last time on that character. Is it possible you’re not hitting that node after the elapsed time on that character?

This is most likely the answer- the 24 hour window is also character based, not account, so depending on when that character last hit that node it might not have popped back up.

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

I’ve had experiences where one ori node was near another, where I could see both on my mini-map, and mining the first one, also made the other ori node disappear.

I think it has to do with patches or any server down, where if you did mine all the nodes before the server goes down, and log in between the server coming back up but before the daily reset you can see all the new nodes, but the game keeps track of how many ori nodes each character should be able to gather in each zone per day and once you strike it. you reach your limit again, and it makes all the new nodes disappear.

(edited by Diy.5296)