Aren't your tired of looting bags ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

WTB Open All function.

I’m also really really sick of dealing with useless sigils/runes all the time when salvaging stuff more than anything.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I like how the bags stack so I don’t have to visit a merchant every 5 seconds.

However

Couldn’t we just adjust the economy by dropping less blues and greens, and increase the salvaging yields and vendor prices on said blues and greens?

In the end you have the same economic throughput, but with less clicking stuff. The problem is implementation. If such a plan is on the horizon, how do you keep people from farming/buying a bazillion cheap blues and greens and then overturning supply the moent the salvaging yields increase? Would it even be a problem? It would temporarily deflate the value of almost all resources, permanently inflate the value of blues and greens, and the worst economic fallout would be what, maybe people have a week or so of extremely accelerated resource gain and jump up grafting or guild halls a few notches, which doesn’t seem so bad.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

PopeUrban.2578

WTB Open All function.

I’m also really really sick of dealing with useless sigils/runes all the time when salvaging stuff more than anything.

Collection tab for runes/sigils IMO. We need this.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

WTB Open All function.

Collection tab for runes/sigils IMO. We need this.

Didn’t we used to have something like that with the old Spvp system? Would be nice if they returned it for universal use.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

No, I’m not tired of looting bags. I like looting bags and I like opening them. I like sorting and selling and salvaging what comes out of them. I don’t have an issue with it. In fact I actively look forward to it.

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

No, I’m not tired of looting bags. I like looting bags and I like opening them. I like sorting and selling and salvaging what comes out of them. I don’t have an issue with it. In fact I actively look forward to it.

Come back say that again when you get Tendinitis.

kthanksbai

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Bags, essence of luck…

I swear my forefinger will develop arthritis one day.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

PopeUrban.2578

Bags, essence of luck…

You know you can save up a stack of luck and “consume all” now right?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

To reiterate it’s better that than having a full inventory every 2 minutes and using hypotheticals to justify losing the bag mechanic is redundant. We are talking here and now, with crap loads of crap loot.

I don’t disagree with you on that part, but I sure wish magic find did something when I started opening them. It really does feel like they just made an end run around their own mechanics.

Yeaaaa it would be nice if MF affected bags too.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Wasn’t the whole point of bags to completely subvert their own mechanics and make magic find useless. Oh, ya, it was. That’s the part that really burns me honestly, way more than the clicking.

This. Yup.

Because Gaheron forbid someone with +300MF loot one extra precursor among the population…

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Chests, bags, caches, sacs, again and again, all the time…
I spend my time looting bags on this game. Sometimes when I open bags, I can even find another bag inside…Toooo muuuuuuch baaaags…

I guess you werent around for wintersday last year, which was a gong show.

WIntersday gifts got so much new rewards that you had to salvage or open again.
Sometimes, you had to even choose a reward from a pop up window, after opening one of those bags in bag.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Played A LOT over like two weeks some time ago, during which I switched from bag-clicking to AHK because my wrist started to hurt (what the kitten, is this an MMO?), and ultimately got bored of spending more time on inventory management than actual activities. I’ve never experienced wrist pain before in my life, not from pc work, not from gaming, not from sports. The amount of clicking is that absurd.

It’s the one major downfall that GW2 has, bagception is beyond kittened. And for no good reason really, so unnecessary. It’s the main reason I’m on an extended break with no end in sight.

Ele / Guardian

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

This problem goes beyond loot bags. It’s junk drops in general. There’s too many of them. There’s too many different categories of them, and there’s bags full of them.

Bags- Iv’e never gotten a good drop from a bag, period.

Drops- Whites, blues, greens are all essentially worthless junk.

Rare, Exotic, ascended- rare = salvageable junk for materials. Exotic? I rarely get a piece that is an upgrade. Plus, they never seem to fall with any good sigils/runes. Ascended almost never drop for me.

Mobs- Why bother? They don’t drop anything and I don’t need the XP.

What are the options then? Mindlessly chest (or bag) farm, mindlessly gather, or mindlessly salvage. No thank you!

At least in the Halloween Labyrinth, I could farm some tot bags. Every kill mattered. When it ended, I tried to do a boss train again. I couldn’t do it. I was bored out of my mind. (And I got junk & bags of junk again)

FYI, This is the primary reason I refused to buy the expansion. There were other reasons like the additional grind and FPS problems. Still loot was the main issue.

(edited by SHM.7628)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

1- Halve the drop of whites, blues and greens.
1.1 – Double the salvage results.

2- Lower the bag types from the too extremely many there are today, to a reasonable amount you can effectively stack. (Yesterday I keep the bags unopened for a few hours. I ended with multiple stacks of 34 different bag kinds). Make it so there isn’t more than 15 different bag types in each area.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Chests, bags, caches, sacs, again and again, all the time…
I spend my time looting bags on this game. Sometimes when I open bags, I can even find another bag inside…Toooo muuuuuuch baaaags…

Bags stack; gear doesn’t. I’d rather have it all be in bags; gives me more time to play and I can manage inventory while chatting at a time of my choosing.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zephyria.6103

Zephyria.6103

I like loot bags. They allow me to open and deal with bag space issues later at my convenience.

However, I agree they could use some refinement. Make fewer types of loot bags. Maybe just one of each rarity type, with loot drops of that rarity in each.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I agree, this game is a click-fest. Somebody made a post on reddit on how there’s 7-8 average clicks per bag (if you include salvaging, selling, depositing etc).

On the surface, GW2 is a popular MMO, but behind the scenes, GW2 is actually a pseudo-“open source” field test program for mouse manufacturers to test the performance of their products compared to their competitors. /conspiracy

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

They should put bags in the currency tab, lol.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree, this game is a click-fest. Somebody made a post on reddit on how there’s 7-8 average clicks per bag (if you include salvaging, selling, depositing etc).

On the surface, GW2 is a popular MMO, but behind the scenes, GW2 is actually a pseudo-“open source” field test program for mouse manufacturers to test the performance of their products compared to their competitors. /conspiracy

After last Wintersday, after I had to take Tylenol for hand pain after opening large numbers of bags that had more bags inside them that only had vendor trash inside, I’ve also suspected they have stock in that company.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

They should put bags in the currency tab, lol.

You “lol”, but this is a terrific idea. >.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I never get tired of looting anything. Give me more loot. Loot. Loot. Looooooooooot!

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

If all the stuff that is in the bags just dropped, my bags would burst.

I agree with this. If you got everything from the bags as loot instead of bundled up I would not be able to finish any Meta events as I would constantly be going to a merchant to sell the junk and scavenge the gear.
Now it would not be so bad if the crafting materials were automatically sent to your bank and only the stuff that was overflow would remain.
I also agree with the “Open All” idea like what they did with the luck and consume all.

Posted by: Neyjour.3921

Neyjour.3921

I actually enjoy opening bags (that feeling of “I wonder what’s going to be in here!?”), and, as others have already said, you’re not constantly having to sort through your inventory, trips to the bank, etc., to free up space.

On a side note, though, this Halloween event (opening hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of ToT bags, along with all the general combat/zerging in the Labyrinth, and sending crafting mats to the bank, etc.), completely destroyed my mouse. I’m actually ordering a new one today. Anet, can I send you the bill? :P

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Bags, essence of luck…

You know you can save up a stack of luck and “consume all” now right?

Oh thanks the heavens…

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Not really, no. Everytime I open one I’m excited to see if I can find something good.

However, I’m tired of opening tens of exotic bags and find myself with tons of greens and blues, tons of bloodstone dust, some cheap crafting materials and maybe a t6 or a lodestone that aren’t worth anything these days anyway.

So yeah, I guess I’m tired to open bags.

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Interesting; it seems some people are viewing this post as a “Anet should remove bags” suggestion. I agree with the general consensus that there are too many bags (karma and money and laurel bags are account-bound and go straight into your wallet when you use them), but some obviously need to stick around (such as bags of random materials, which make a big difference to the trading post economy). Boss-specific bags/chests are also fine in my opinion; it’s pretty much just the account-bound wallet items that shouldn’t be in their own little bags. We already know exactly what is inside them, so there’s no hint of mystery and no random loot factor to consider.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

(edited by Swift.1930)

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I don’t mind bags, actually I like them, because they take less space, so i can open them when I know I have time to salvage all the stuff that comes out of them-
However I DON’T like getting bags inside the bags, like seriously WTF!? It’s like poor attempt to make you feel like you’re getting more rewards while it’s the same rewar, just extra clicking. Arenanet really looks upon their playerbase like they are all idiots.

Posted by: Hessa.4392

Hessa.4392

Drops- Whites, blues, greens are all essentially worthless junk.

actually didn’t find mordrem dragon from Dragon’s stand map, but that is in common sence of all latest drop i’ve got

Attachments:

SHM.7628

BTW, you know what would also help with all the clicking? A walk over area loot all. “Area Loot” has a very short range. Plus, why is the loot so hard to see on the ground? Couldn’t you guys make it stand out a bit too? Make it red or something.

SHM.7628

Not really, no. Everytime I open one I’m excited to see if I can find something good.

However, I’m tired of opening tens of exotic bags and find myself with tons of greens and blues, tons of bloodstone dust, some cheap crafting materials and maybe a t6 or a lodestone that aren’t worth anything these days anyway.

So yeah, I guess I’m tired to open bags.

Right before Haloween ended I had an amazing labyrinth run. We full cleared the labyrinth Lich 7 times, Viscount and horror 10 times. That is 27 champ bags. I opened them all at once and got junk every time. (They did drop multiple ToTs per bag but still!)

I just sold the ToTs but I feel bad for the poor slob who has to open them all!

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I am glad I got a mouse that I can macro one of the buttons to double-click… so now I am clicking half the times I was before. However, I still want an “Open All Possible” option for stacks of bags… and an option to “Auto Add to Collections” setting/hot-key so I am not having to re-click the tiny gear and select that every bloody time. Really, if I pull the item from the collection via bank/craft, then it stays… if it comes from loot, auto-collection. Seems easy enough to make that QoL code for us

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

+1 VERY tired of this. For me, luck is much worse. I use my artificer and still might have 200 essences to click through. It’s so bad that I dread having to click through my inventory.

PopeUrban.2578

+1 VERY tired of this. For me, luck is much worse. I use my artificer and still might have 200 essences to click through. It’s so bad that I dread having to click through my inventory.

Make 250 exotic luck essences.

right click the stack.

Click consume all.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This game has far less loot than all of my other MMOs. So, no, I don’t have any trouble opening what little loot I get around here.

Posted by: Kyran Foxfire.4139

Kyran Foxfire.4139

Wasn’t the whole point of bags to completely subvert their own mechanics and make magic find useless. Oh, ya, it was. That’s the part that really burns me honestly, way more than the clicking.

This. Yup.

Because Gaheron forbid someone with +300MF loot one extra precursor among the population…

I personally think Magic Find was a terrible mistake and should just be completely removed from the game. Back when it was still on armor people would run dungeons with Magic Find equipment and get rewarded for contributing considerably less to the group. They should have just taken it out rather than simply mess around with it.

As for the Bagception, that has gotten as carried away as the currencies too. I really think Anet underestimates how much these things turn players off…

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

All these different bags give the same exact things: a blue or green with maybe some low end mats that are worth nothing and better vendored. Also due to salvaging nerfs, I am fairly certain it’s better to vendor all blues/greens/whites like the old days again since most the time when I do salvage I get nothing from these items now other than luck consumables. And what does luck do? Nothing, far as I can tell.

PopeUrban.2578

All these different bags give the same exact things: a blue or green with maybe some low end mats that are worth nothing and better vendored. Also due to salvaging nerfs, I am fairly certain it’s better to vendor all blues/greens/whites like the old days again since most the time when I do salvage I get nothing from these items now other than luck consumables. And what does luck do? Nothing, far as I can tell.

Luck increases your account based MF, which effects drops from mobs (not drops from bags)

This MF stacks with consumabnles and boosters and has a cap of 300% (by which point you’ll experience a pretty noticable increase in your drop rates of rares and exotics compared to a new player using the same boosters and doing the same content)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My character: “That looks valuable.”

Me: “What, the blue mace you can’t use?”

<with a hoity chuckle>

Well, it is a Charr. They are so simple minded….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: fixit.7189

fixit.7189

What is point of luck when most these HoT event mobs drop absolutely nothing; most loot comes from bags/clickables now.

DeWolfe.2174

To be honest, I rather have bags that stack than truck loads of worth crap that doesn’t stack.

We need a Garbage Bag!!! Like an inventory bag, but it’s a garbage bag that holds idk, say 250 junk items. This way we can fill it and just vendor the whole bag at once. No need to see the contents even.

I’m also getting sick of all the “keys” required to open things. Having all this crap on a character is really draining when you swap to an alt.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

DeWolfe.2174

What is point of luck when most these HoT event mobs drop absolutely nothing; most loot comes from bags/clickables now.

It was a great gold sink for morons like myself that maxed it. Then the dev’s remove most of it’s usefulness afterwards. Just say “Magic Find” and then watch that Spanish guy laughing video.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: flman.6057

flman.6057

Too much bags, too much salvaging.
1 SW run 1 agent of entropy achievement

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

This game has far less loot than all of my other MMOs. So, no, I don’t have any trouble opening what little loot I get around here.

Not sure what other MMO you played but I never got so many loot in any other MMO. Not even close.

It does however not feel rewarding, in those other MMO’s you might do a quest and for completing that quest you then got a mini, or a new skin or a recipe. That then feel rewarding.

In GW2 in the MKD getting a Tattered Wing did feel rewarding.

These bags full of loot do not.

So in quantity I can not say I did ever see a other MMO with so many loot. In quality it’s the other way around. Most things that have quality (value / look nice / are fun) you usually just need to buy with gold from the TP, create with a craft after a lot of boring grinding to get the mats or are on the gem-store. But they do not come a lot in the form of drops.

Well they can, but then it feels completely random.. it’s one of the items in your bags full of junk. It’s not a reward for doing something really. Even if you got the endless bat tonic to drop now from a few ToT bags, while rewarding, it does not feel as rewarding as it would when it was a drop from some challenging content itself. Like the quest in the other mmo example, or killing the Mad King in the MKD example.

(edited by Devata.6589)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Most of your loot comes from HoT event mobs because YOU CHOOSE to kill them.
There are plenty of mobs in the new maps that are effected by your magic find.

But most of the time, people ignore them and run towards an event on the other side of the map with all the other fools for some unknown reason and simply ignore everything along the way.

Then you go kill the champ that everybody else kills and you go on the forums to complain that you didnt get anything special for killing the champ that everybody else killed also.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I started selling my ToT bags instead of opening because the amount of unsellable, salvageable junk they drop is ridiculous.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Why they can’t just add an “open all” option so you can open any bags you have a stack of all at once I don’t know.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Why they can’t just add an “open all” option so you can open any bags you have a stack of all at once I don’t know.

If memory serves, there was a client crashing bug some time ago (two years ago? ) linked to overloading the inventory (cant remember the exact details soz).

As far as magic find and bags are concerned, Iv seen this quite a bit in GW2 over the years. Its as if one department is unaware of what another department is doing, leaving us, the players somewhat bemused>>.

(edited by Shadey Dancer.2907)

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

Worse than opening bags are side chests that pop up above your map… blinking and jiggling constantly. So i have to turn off my combat mode click through all of them turn on combat mode and continue on.

Why can’t they go straight into inv?!