Armor repair has no purpose anymore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Travel is too expensive? It’s the value of one to three greens per trip, depending on how far you go.

Who vendors greens other than the crazy people who spent 1000’s of gold maxing luck? Let me just put it this way – spending 10-15s to do the “complete 4 events” daily is not even remotely worth it. WP’s should be free within a zone and bring back armor repair – I would accept that compromise.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Travel is too expensive? It’s the value of one to three greens per trip, depending on how far you go.

Who vendors greens other than the crazy people who spent 1000’s of gold maxing luck? Let me just put it this way – spending 10-15s to do the “complete 4 events” daily is not even remotely worth it. WP’s should be free within a zone and bring back armor repair – I would accept that compromise.

I vendor green leather gear. Why salvage when the trading post is littered with cheap scraps?

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

lifetime survivor achievement 500,000 exp without dieing or using map travel .
now i don’t use way points out of habit . if they were free i could break the habit , but at the same time i like walking around in tyria harvesting the plants and picking up shiny rocks and looking for adventures

no one left be hind achievement revived 1000 players .
they were gald to see me , i was glad to have them back in the fight .
i’ll res every one , i don’t care if your downed or dead or afk if i can get to you i’m gonna res you .

i went and added up all my /deaths from all my toons for a grand total 2,213 deaths
that is to say “two thousand two hundred and thirteen lessons learned”

and while i may not like going for the anvil when i need it . at the same time it suggests i should , and gives me a moment out of combat to take a look at my armor choices .

Since i’ll have my hero panel opened i could give my traits a once over . my utility skills are right there too maybe i should try that other skill and see how it goes .

and while i am working my way to that better over all build i want instead of smashing my face into some monsters fists and making people have to pause their personal progress just to have to res me again . i could try a zone where i can live up to the challenges presented to me in a way that is more fun to me and makes me less of a burden on those around me while i am learning to play better.

when i finally do make it all the way to that top level zone and manage to keep my self from dieing except by some unfortunate lag or being over powered by a spawned mob i know i will appreciate that those around me are also living up to the challenge and we don’t have to res each other 6 times per battle

or i could just pop an instant repair can and get right back in to the face bashing.
monsters look out for your fists !! here i come !!!

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Heh. I vendor greens because they’re worth on average 2 silver each when I do. I vendor blues to make up the difference and because I can’t be bothered sometimes to salvage them. (Except for light armor.)

In contrast to your proposal, I’ll throw mine in – WPs should be free and each piece of armor to repair should be 3s individually.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

What I feel should happen is put the cost of repair back, and every time you die you lose a % of stats. It shouldn’t just be when you armor is completely broken you lose the stats.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

I did like the GW1 system and would love to see something similar back in place.
Aka… if you die, you lose a small percentage of your stats. Play longer and kill enemies and it comes back.

It could be an interesting change for WvW as well.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

well, i still think that travel should be free and armor repair should not even be an issue, it’s better to have a death penalty that lowers the effectiveness of your stats by X%.
so then you can go everywhere without worrying about the cost, your armor doesn’t get damaged but you still get the penalty of dying. (which Anet first said would not happen at all, they said that dying in itself is a penalty in itself already)

PS. you do realize this topic is 2 years old right?

(edited by sorudo.9054)

Posted by: Egg Shennn.6240

Egg Shennn.6240

Honestly, the GW1 system was excellent – you died and it got harder because of your death penalty but you could fight your way out of that (getting better). So it forced you to learn and get better. I don’t see that type of player evolution with the current system. You die and die and die and eventually get armor fixed, but doesn’t feel the same as the gw1 death penalty made it feel.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, I was always confused why they didn’t just remove it when they made it free. It’s just an annoying thing you have to routinely remember to do that serves no purpose. If they’re concerned about there being no “punishment” for death, there are much better ways to deal with it.

I vote for just removing it.

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I think armor repair should only apply in open-world PvE, where dying should be an inconvenience to encourage players to learn the mechanics better.

Dungeons, fractals, and raids already have repair stations right where you respawn, so it’s not exactly a punishment for dying, just an annoyance. Any instanced content should not have armor damage, IMO.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

It’s a remnant from when armor repair was both a WP and paying for repair. I’m not against the idea of repair making sense, but given how spread out most repairs are it can be infuriating to spend a half hour to reach a spot on the map with no nearby repairs so you have to WP repair and WP to get near your location. So what if the trade off was a repair skill needing you to buy a kit but instead of instant repair you’re required to spend a certain debuff repairing gear to fix it. This would make it so you still wouldn’t want to die, but it wouldn’t make you travel to multiple waypoints to get back to Meta’s and events which if you lose out cause you WP’d to get back in the fight will ruin your day. I’ve lost out on events and loot making the mistake or being teleported to a different server same map and losing out on all earned content.

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

I think, much like current death penalties. it’s supposed to be a downside to res rushing. Which is common in gw2.

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Agree, remove the armor repair system. Its outdated and its already free anyway, its not gold sink anymore. All it does it’s to disrupt the game flow.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Interesting thoughts here. I always think of it as a gentle reminder of my need to use care in what I do. Especially that #%@$ jumping puzzle amongst the trees… at which I died multiple times. You know, “Play more wisely.” I don’t love the runs to the repair NPC, but I don’t resent them.

It’s good to see other players’ thoughts on the matter.

No, it is as it is just only one of the most annoying things in the game, that just exist to waste people’s time and it has no feature, that is anyhow of a benefit for players, why they would care for using those anvils…

If they would be at least some kind of positive aspect to them, then they would have at least a reason for their existance.
But as long they are there only, to remind you not to die so often just to repair your damaged equipment then for free – makes no sense.

There are so many ways how this could be significantly improved, made in general more interesting, useful and part of character progression as well simply because the devs so far never ever thought about just the possibility of how to make the repair anvils a more integrated and useful feature again!!
Create for example a new Mastery called “Repairment & Reforging”

- Recycling – 1 Tyrian MP
Allows you now to recycle crafted gear and things you could normally not salvage with salvage kits at anvils. Recycled Gear will lose its soulbound status and becomes so, that you can sell it at the TP (for example interesting for certain weapons skins, liek the yellow stuff from the pact orders, which is mostly useless for people, but if you could recycle this stuff, remove this way the soulbound status and resell the skills at the TP at least, then stuff like that wouldn’t feel at least like just thrown out money anymore

- Reinforce Gear – 2 Tyrian MP
At anvils you are now able to reinforce your gear, if no gear of your equipment is damaged. by reinforcing your gear, you receive 5% lesser damage and deal 5% more damage.

- Reforge Gear – 3 Tyrian MP
At anvils you are able now to reforge your gear. This will not only remove all damages from your equipment but gives you also temporarely for 30 Minutes an Boost to all your Attributes of 5%. So if you had 1000 Toughness, then you have for 30 Minutes 1050 Toughness after you reforged at an Anvil your Gear. Reforging Gear at the anvil as upgraded version of just repairign it comes not for free. Reforging costs 25 Badges of Honor in WvW, some Silver or Karma in PvE. You get the option, if you want just to repair or to reforge your gear at anvils now.

- Infuse Gear – 4 Tyrian MP
You are able now at anvils now, if the Gear is of Ascended Quality or higher, to add 1x per Gear now 1 extra Infusion Slot that is made for special “Mode Only-Infusions”
Legendary Gear will be able to switch these infusions like attributes outside of combat.
These Mode Only-infusions have unique effects that will be design just for specific gameplay Modes, like WvW, PvP or PvE.
This allows Anet to give us for the specific Modes, like PvE unique special Effects, that would for example be for WvW/PvP too powerful, or simply can work under their design only in WvW/PvP, because PvE has no equivalent for their effects where it could work too, due to its effects too specificly designed around th other Game Modes. For example Infusion Effects, that are special designed around WvW Traps, or Siege Weapons or for doing somethig specific in WvW, that you can’t do anywhere else in the game. Adding these slots comes with a cost as well, you need to have certain items in your inventory, before you get shown the option to improve your Infusion Slots of your Gear at an anvil to add these Mode Only-Slots to them.

- Grandmaster Smith – 5 Tyrian MP
You’ve become over time now such a grandmaster smith, that refining your gear at an anvil gives you now the feeling, that when you wear your refined gear, that you are lighter, than before – leading into a temporarely Agility Buff which increases for 30 Minutes your Movement Speed by 33% (stacks with Swiftness, but not with Super Speed) and your Attack Speed is also increased by 33%.
You can glide now also 50% faster as long this buff lasts and swim 50% faster

- Unbreakable Elastic Gear – 6 Tyrian MP
Your Gear can’t be damaged anymore (removes the Choice option from Repair or Reforge, to offer only Reforge) Reduces also your Fall Damage in the Game by 25% and lets you perform now a Rolling Animation that halves the time you can’t do anything instead of falling flat onto your belly like a splashed frog.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

I 100% disagree of putting that sort of power creep behind mastery points Orpheal. It would punish new players getting into certain content such as Fractals and Raids (We already have enough of “kps, 500+LI , Title” etc requirements, there shouldn’t be a “Max mastery” ontop of that)

The purpose behind repair is very simple. It punishes you for dying.
Anet removed repair costs to equalize it between new and veteran players.

“We feel the time penalty to return and repair accomplishes our goal enough to not need a secondary cost that punishes newer and less experienced players the most.”- Here.

Kitten.

(edited by Haleydawn.3764)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

powercreep lol…

If we would come up now everytime with that excuse for every potential “mastery” we could potentially have, then anet wouldn’t have had to begin with masteries as a feature at all … its there and implemented in the game, so that we can have from it in the future more character progression.

1 is no powercreep at all, its a quality of life change, that makes useless items kind of useful a bit by havign an option to remove the soulbound status, so that you can sell items, which you would otherwise just have to throw away to get rid of them, because you can’t do anything with them and they are of weak quality, so you will never use them anyway as a veteran palyer which has already much better gear equipped

2 5% more Damage/lsser damage receive is NOTHING, thats barely even lesser than what using a full set of Ascended Gear gives you and you notice the difference not at all…

3. The same, 5% more Stats is barely noticeable at all in the game and plays for PvP anyways no role, its just somethign that you can make ussage of in PvE/WvW.. and if you get now steamrolled by 50 people with or without 5% higher stats, makes you difference for you, the result will be always the same – you are dead.

4. is no powercreep at all, its for gettign new interesting mode specific features and characte progression.. its all just a matter of what kind of effects ANet woudl implement. It could just also end up in somethign thats based on visual fluff…

5 is the only thing, where I can agree with you partwise, as improvign the mobility of a character, be it only for like 30 minutes as temporal buff could be seen as powercreep.
But it can be also just seen as character progression and on bigger wvw maps like the Desert Borderland will be a feature like this more a blessing, than a curse for everyone

6: is just a quality of life feature with some added character progression to change a silly looking fall damage animation out with a better one that allows you after a fall to do quicker again something and its just common knowledge, that if you make a roll, when you fall down successfully, that this will reduce the harm to your body and chances are lesser, that you will break you something, due to you changing the fall energy with your body to prevent harm this way.
its a common technique you need to know for example at parcour or in any form of martial arts to reduce the chance for injuries and i just though, combining this with the removal of gettign gear damage by becomign able to make your gear unbreakable and elastic at the same time woudl be a nice form ocharacte progression to get through this last mastery, because just the removal of gear damage would be boring and too unspecial for a last mastery.

As you can see, agree alot of people not anymore with this “purpose” ANet has for the anvil as it stands right now, otherwiese we wouldn’t have this thread here and the discussion about them also ins#t new, it has given already this discussion in other similar threads in the past, but these were before the mastery system existed, so we hadn#t back then the posibility to think over better alternatives for that feature like we can now with the Mastery System being there that could be used to make out of anvils a more interesting feature, that has again some kind of better purpose, than to be there as an obsolete “punishment” run to spot X, because you died, if you don#t want to lose after X deaths your gears attributes

The whiole thign has become even more pointless with WvWs outmanned buff, where you don#t get your gear anyways damage if you have that buff on your side – so if you play on a side with this buff, people are already free from this hassle to think about it, how many times you could possible die in cobmat now and havign to run back to that stupid anvil just to repair your stuff. They don’t get “punished” for dieing alot.

In fact, without the fact that you need to run back every so often to the anvil to repair your stuff, people play alot more risky, what makes battles more fun, instead of people fleeing, because they could die and have to run to the anvil…

“the punishment” of needign to have to run back is already more than enough, don’t make out of this more of an annoying punishment, than neccessary!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I always assumed it still existed to make botting harder.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

All it does it’s to disrupt the game flow.

Which is exactly the point of it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

All it does it’s to disrupt the game flow.

Which is exactly the point of it.

Are you masochistic? I’m not

Posted by: AnodicShadow.3647

AnodicShadow.3647

It’s not annoying at all to me tbh. I like it better than FFXIV’s having to find an armor repair merchant and having to pay for it (Also not gonna level crafting just to repair my armor). In general, I like GW2’s armor durability system better because, y’know, it doesn’t lose durability just by existing. In FFXIV there have been so many times where my armor just breaks while I’m in a dungeon while just standing around or running to a location. Nothing was even hitting me.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

It’s good as it is imo. Removing it, would make dead feel meaningless, and thus force new ways to make being dead required, (wich could be a whole new discussion and work, to do, with if we dont, would spare all the work).

Getting more punishment for dying, could be good for the elite (say raiding people), but for all the casuals in the game, it would a very annoying, and not the way to go.

So for me what is now, is best compromise. The fact that (after 5 years) this is the first time i see a topic about this in forums (and i check forums often), proves that it’s not really an issue imo, more like some people getting used to challenging content, want the game to be even more challenging. But they live on the backs of casuals. And it’s time raid people understand, that their resources are already well spend, can should not be over-extended.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: maestro.5613

maestro.5613

i would like to see “Auto Repair” . As you walk buy an anvil, your armor is automatically repaired. It would save time going through the repair menu every time!
Repair armor like the speed mushrooms!

Posted by: Zoe.8310

Zoe.8310

They should remove the WP cost to revive within the SAME zone, and then add back the cost to repair.
Double was dumb, but letting people camp and wait for a rez is worse. Speaking of rezzing, I really wish they would implement the WvW system to all game types. No rezzing if you are in combat. And please, just remove the prompt to even offer it in WvW while we are at it ;-)

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

Necropost level = 2 years.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Repairing is simply to let you know you’re doing something wrong and to take a break to go and repair. A stacking death penalty would actually be the more casual approach, since it’d probably only last 15 minutes or could be repaired away, whereas repairing alone is permanent until done. All penalties are pointless in the open world however, since you’re only burdening everyone else.

They should remove the WP cost to revive within the SAME zone, and then add back the cost to repair.
Double was dumb, but letting people camp and wait for a rez is worse.

People don’t bother reviving because there’s no consequence and they’re lazy. They could make dying cost 1g, but it’s not going to matter because people will just learn how to tag and run. If you want to stop people from AFKing events, they need an actual contribution meter. If you simply want to stop people from staying dead, forcibly waypoint people.

Posted by: ElectricGoat.8253

ElectricGoat.8253

Honestly all of this is wrong. What should be done is armor should have a durability rating, and it should become progressively more expensive to repair it the more it is damaged. If you let the armor get damaged too much, it shatters and you have to repair it at a large cost.

Also armor should shatter at the most inopportune moments.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Ironically, I don’t find this to be any sort of penalty at all. Any content where you can realistically die 7 times without playing like an absolute muppet is inherently poorly balanced.

There have been encounters like that recently, e.g. Caudecus in LS3e4 before it was fixed. But I got around that by playing the whole thing without armour and zombie rushing it. It wasn’t harder, just farcical.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Repairing is simply to let you know you’re doing something wrong and to take a break to go and repair. A stacking death penalty would actually be the more casual approach, since it’d probably only last 15 minutes or could be repaired away, whereas repairing alone is permanent until done. All penalties are pointless in the open world however, since you’re only burdening everyone else.

People don’t bother reviving because there’s no consequence and they’re lazy. They could make dying cost 1g, but it’s not going to matter because people will just learn how to tag and run. If you want to stop people from AFKing events, they need an actual contribution meter. If you simply want to stop people from staying dead, forcibly waypoint people.

Yesterday I did an event and one of my armor pieces took damage while I was alive, I didnt die, how am I suppose to learn from that? I think its a meaningless addition as it has no cost, and death already is as forgiving as ever.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yesterday I did an event and one of my armor pieces took damage while I was alive, I didnt die, how am I suppose to learn from that? I think its a meaningless addition as it has no cost, and death already is as forgiving as ever.

Armour is only damaged when you’re defeated, ie when you die. You must have died some time before and didn’t notice your armor was damaged. Otherwise you found a bug.

Armour Damage has a cost; the time it takes to go and repair. That’s the purpose, it’s a gentle death penalty and a gentle reminder to be careful. Just because it’s gentle doesn’t mean it’s meaningless.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I agree its quite a gentle punishment for dying. If you want something more hard core, try asking Anet to do what EQ1 had.

You die, you got transported back (hometown? Memory is vague) and you had to go and retrieve your corpse – naked and weaponless – to make sure it didn’t decay with all your gear on it. And then, if I remember right, you needed someone to rezz you if you weren’t of the rezz persuasion.

This carried over into EQ2 for a while but soon changed.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

It’s important to note that in the 2 years of players complaining about the armor repair mechanic being a useless waste-of-time, they still haven’t removed it.

Either update the system so it serves a function or remove it, please, ANet.

Also stop giving me those worthless instant repair cans from my Black Lion stuff. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Zoe.8310

It’s important to note that in the 2 years of players complaining about the armor repair mechanic being a useless waste-of-time, they still haven’t removed it.

Also stop giving me those worthless instant repair cans from my Black Lion stuff. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Luckily, there are old systems they have eventually fixed… so maybe we can still hope

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Gaile, why not do something malicious for Devil’s Night like deduct 10% of an account’s karma each time a player dies then tell them their armor takes no damage as compensation? It could be refunded the next day but the shock factor would be awesome.

GW2 has the lightest death penalty of any game I have played so maybe a reminder is in order.

(edited by Anchoku.8142)

Zoe.8310

Gaile, why not do something malicious for Devil’s Night like deduct 10% of an account’s karma each time a player dies then tell them their armor takes no damage as compensation? It could be refunded the next day but the shock factor would be awesome.

GW2 has the lightest death penalty of any game I have played so maybe a reminder is in order.

It’s even lighter when you think of some of the story instances that don’t bother to reset when you die :-\

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Agreed. Armor repair is just an annoyance now. While it made some sense as a gold sink back when it cost money, it has no purpose for being around, as well as the armor damage system. The game would do just fine with those gone.

As for death penalties, no thanks. For me, dying in the first place is bad enough, along with having to waypoint/checkpoint and run back. Anything extra is just pouring salt on the wounds.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

What about permanent repair tool and repair stuff from blt?

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I rarely see anyone complaining about armour repair on these forums so I think you’re vastly overestimating the amount of people who care at all. One two year old post with less than three pages of comments on it is about what I’d expect.

There being a tiny handful of people who don’t see the point of armour repair is hardly likely to change anything.

Posted by: Haoasakura.5784

Haoasakura.5784

When and where u die that often that u need to absolutely repair? I mean the only places that can cause that are usually fractal and raids and in those cases the repair NPC is in the area. For fractal you can also sell junk while you repair the armor.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Agreed. Armor repair is just an annoyance now. While it made some sense as a gold sink back when it cost money, it has no purpose for being around, as well as the armor damage system. The game would do just fine with those gone.

As for death penalties, no thanks. For me, dying in the first place is bad enough, along with having to waypoint/checkpoint and run back. Anything extra is just pouring salt on the wounds.

Good, it’s suppose to be an annoyance. You die, your armor gets busted. If it annoys you then DON’T DIE. Geez. Some people.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

In some ways… I kinda miss paying for armor. But when I got exotics, and that was the best you could get at the time… yeah I’m glad it’s gone because that crap got expensive fast. Now I’m in ascended… I’d seriously HATE to see the cost for a repair.

But for repairing armor… there’s a point to it. Having one piece of armor break for dying too many times, and suddenly being forced to restart the ENTIRE thing you were doing really tells you ‘you should be dying less than that’.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Holy necro batman!

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

Add stat down debuffs on res sickness, add 20% Stat down on for 10mins on actual death. Get rid of repairing and actually punish the character instead of the wallet or the time.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Add stat down debuffs on res sickness, add 20% Stat down on for 10mins on actual death. Get rid of repairing and actually punish the character instead of the wallet or the time.

no thank you… that was god awful in GW1 id rather not have it here.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Zoe.8310

no thank you… that was god awful in GW1 id rather not have it here.

Yeah… that would be terrible. Gold sinks are much better than making gameplay suck for X minutes (increasing the likelihood of dying again)

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I see it as a superfluous feature. I don’t think it serves MUCH of a purpose, but I’m in the camp that likes the idea of having to repair your armor as it adds a sense of realism. While it doesn’t add too much concrete value as a system, it’s definitely not arbitrary as it encourages you to avoid dying, tasks you with interacting with objects in the world, it also gives you a reason to return to cities or merchants. In it’s previous state, the feature was a money-sink. Since that was removed, I feel like it’s less impactful, but also less annoying. I find myself emptying my bags often enough to be near an armor repair object or NPC when I need to repair so, like I said, it’s not really problematic for the most part. I see no point in taking it out as the game is already convenient and care-bear enough with downstate, self-heals, etc.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Good, it’s suppose to be an annoyance. You die, your armor gets busted. If it annoys you then DON’T DIE. Geez. Some people.

You seem to be one of those people that just assumes that I (and others that don’t like death penalties) don’t try to not die. Unfortunately, HoT and LS3 brought more ways for it to happen, along with less chance of you being able to do something about it.

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

I kindly request from ArenaNet to NOT remove armor repair. It was already nerfed more than enough by removing it’s costs, and now armor repair is for free, like every NPC is there to serve us for free.

I wonder when ArenaNet will give a whole expansion for free just because we press “F” and request it. Removing armor repairing is like ArenaNet sends us, to our home, a free copy of every expansion just because we bought the game and failed to complete the previous expansion. I know the examples are a bit off, but this is how I feel.

MMO games should not be easy, should be hard. Armor repair is extremely important, at the very least at a psychological level to value the game (like it is now, for free).

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

I’d rather they remove the repair and increase WP cost.

Zoe.8310

I’d rather they remove the repair and increase WP cost.

Why not remove the WP cost to revive within the SAME zone, and then add back the cost to repair?

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It’s an outdated annoyance that should be removed.