As predicted, nerfing dungeons has backfired

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Now that dungeons are not worth farming, I’m stuck with a huge zerg of 80s running from champ to champ in Queensdale. Lord forbid you kill a champ out of the order they are running in. Lots of “nice” comments in Map chat if you do.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Try Frostgorge instead if you’re over 60 lvl. Seems to be a much nicer crowd and pays way better (IMHO).

I think it is important, though to learn the rotation in either place. Although, as I always say, I think that anyone who is rude or abusive to other players should be reported or simply ignored.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

dunno what you are talking about. As a non-CoF farmer and a guy that do NOT enjoy running around in circles pressing 1 for countless hours I can tell you that dungeons are now QUITE profitable.

Laid off the gold making routine, try other things, gold is decreasing in value, accept it and adapt. I, for once, Im glad Anet is doing something to get rid of farming which gives an unfair advantage to people with too much free time in their hands and give people like us who have jobs a chance to catch up in the little time we can afford to put into the game.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I agree, since the change to dungeons, ive actually started running them more often, I find the rewards/champ loot in there a little better than what it used to be,

As for the champ farmers in QD, you play and kill what you like when you like, if they don’t like it, to bad.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Now that dungeons are not worth farming, I’m stuck with a huge zerg of 80s running from champ to champ in Queensdale. Lord forbid you kill a champ out of the order they are running in. Lots of “nice” comments in Map chat if you do.

Chat was worse before the champ farm there if you ask me. Now that everyone is s busy running champ to champ it’s kinda mellowed out. You get the occasional A – Hole but you had that regardless. On TC I rarely see anyone flaming or getting kitten ed anymore. If someone does, put them on block, I do it even if it’s not directed at me. Don’t waste your time on that type of person.

Champs are killed out of order all the time in Queens and you just move to next in line. If you are looking to kill multiple champs though, there is no reason not to go with the flow. If you just happen to come across one and want to kill it, go nuts.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

People have already ran these dungeons a million times over, and doing anymore is just repetitive and boring.

That’s why I enjoyed Molten Facility, Aether Retreat, and SAB, unfortunately they are only temporary content, which kills any kind of fun this game can have. It’s been a year, we need some new permanent stuff.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

People have already ran these dungeons a million times over, and doing anymore is just repetitive and boring.

That’s why I enjoyed Molten Facility, Aether Retreat, and SAB, unfortunately they are only temporary content, which kills any kind of fun this game can have. It’s been a year, we need some new permanent stuff.

So you can do Molten, Aether and SAB a million times too?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: JDGumby.7685

JDGumby.7685

Chat was worse before the champ farm there if you ask me. Now that everyone is s busy running champ to champ it’s kinda mellowed out. You get the occasional kitten but you had that regardless.

Well, if my experience today on Borlis Pass is any example, there is now no chatter allowed on Queensdale /map chat if it doesn’t pertain to the Champion farm. Not at all a pleasant atmosphere.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

dunno what you are talking about. As a non-CoF farmer and a guy that do NOT enjoy running around in circles pressing 1 for countless hours I can tell you that dungeons are now QUITE profitable.

Laid off the gold making routine, try other things, gold is decreasing in value, accept it and adapt. I, for once, Im glad Anet is doing something to get rid of farming which gives an unfair advantage to people with too much free time in their hands and give people like us who have jobs a chance to catch up in the little time we can afford to put into the game.

> “farming which gives an unfair advantage to people with too much free time”

are you kittening serious? playing the game is unfair? wow i’ve seen everything

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Im glad Anet is doing something to get rid of farming which gives an unfair advantage to people with too much free time in their hands and give people like us who have jobs a chance to catch up in the little time we can afford to put into the game.

8/10

I almost thought you were serious.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

here’s a question, why are you running around in queensdale getting maybe an orange box when you could be running around in frostgorge getting all orange boxes, not to mention loadstones and t6 mats. and actual old exotics.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Honestly, take a look around in Frostgorge while zerging and you’ll enjoy the beautiful scenery. It’s way better than farming a dungeon repeatedly in a dark cave while you only have the cave walls to look at. Plus the Champion farming in FGS gives a ton more money in my opinion. I get about 5-7g an hour, and I really wanted to get my commander title and this is helping it. I just started farming a couple days ago, and I already have 60 gold – a reward for farming for a couple hours a day.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Would love to see some alternative options for profit, like a way to go to old zones and do events with like 5 people that would scale better and give better rewards.

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I miss CoF farming tbh, it was something relaxing to do for an hour or two. More so than frantically waypointing around to keep up with the zerg at least.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Lots of “nice” comments in Map chat if you do.

Actually my block list for champ zerg farmers has exceeded my block list for gold sellers in recent patches. And it’s not just doing champs out of turn that gets them going. Please reinstate instanced dungeon farming for these kids. Out of sight out of mind.

Knote.2904

I miss CoF farming tbh, it was something relaxing to do for an hour or two. More so than frantically waypointing around to keep up with the zerg at least.

Yes, this is what the problem is, there needs to be more variety in what you can do to somewhat efficiently make money.

Champ farming can actually be fun for a while (would be more fun if they actually scaled and put up a fight =p), but it can get boring being the ONLY option.

There just needs to be more viable farming “activities” to the point where it no longer becomes “Farming” and just becomes playing the game doing w/e you feel like doing and making progress in terms of gold.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Not if u want Ascended weapons.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

The dungeon “nerf” was only a nerf to people who just ran the same path over and over and over and over. To everybody else, it’s a buff.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I think it’s time we impose some kind of penalty on zerging. Maybe lower the rewards while giving smaller groups more? It’s seriously ruining the game.

Knote.2904

I think it’s time we impose some kind of penalty on zerging. Maybe lower the rewards while giving smaller groups more? It’s seriously ruining the game.

No, that’s a terrible idea, and it’s what Anet used to do (and still does somewhat) all the time, and it doesn’t work.

You need to give viable alternatives.

Anet has this pattern of nerfing the single viable farming option, then introducing a new one, nerfing that to worthlessness, introducing a new one, nerfing it… etc.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

You must be in a rude server, these days I hardly ever see any rude comments, and it’s usually from the same 2-5 people when do. I don’t champ farm in Queensdale on Yak’s bend, but whenever I’m there, and someone seems to have killed a champ out of order, the zerg is pretty much like whatever, and moves on.

Jerks will always be jerks no matter where they are, I think it would be better to just report anyone who openly uses abusive language in map chat, rather than ask for nerfs to something a lot of people enjoy doing peacefully.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

In my experience, Yak’s Bend tends to be pretty relaxed. There’s a few crappy guilds here and there, but it’s otherwise an okay place.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Chat was worse before the champ farm there if you ask me. Now that everyone is s busy running champ to champ it’s kinda mellowed out. You get the occasional kitten but you had that regardless.

Well, if my experience today on Borlis Pass is any example, there is now no chatter allowed on Queensdale /map chat if it doesn’t pertain to the Champion farm. Not at all a pleasant atmosphere.

Depends on the day, and who is there but then again it always did. Queensdale used to be a cesspool not unlike Barrens chat. As I said I find it better than it used to be but there is always some BS going on.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I think i know what i am going to do tonight.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I wonder if Anet had any idea as to the meta they were creating with the champs. I mean, would you design that as a dominant playstyle? Would you create it as a dominant playstyle? Anet did create it, but it was probably more of a reactive exercise than a creative one. I wonder what the game would be like if they just focused on making the game a rewarding experience for everyone, everywhere in the game.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

The dungeon “nerf” was only a nerf to people who just ran the same path over and over and over and over. To everybody else, it’s a buff.

And to people who spent the time to get alts. Its great they nerfed running a dungeon over and over again but they should have made the dungeons character bound so that you can do it over again if you want to or if you want to help someone out and still get a reward. The time it takes to make an alt is now just ridiculous. For me personaly it costs 16g for runes, 20g for weapons plus sigils if not more and 15g for trinkets. Armor costs another 15-20g if i dont have enough tokens. And if i want anything that looks moderately good it costs alot more. Also crafting costs bazillions of gold because u can get to lvl 56 but after that it costs 600g for 9 more lvls lol. Alts are pretty much useless

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

So screw up the order for them. I see no problem with entertaining yourself.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

How exactly is the token rewards getting lowered by 20 across the board “a buff”? For the Emp Shards?

Sorry but I ran dungeons because I either wanted the armor stats from a particular set or I liked the look of the armor for a character. I did not “farm” for gold, nor am I one of these “zerk or go home” types. I play with anyone and any class regardless. Not everything in this game revolves around the “teh glodz” it can produce. The fact I could change characters and re-run it again with either the same people or a new team wasnt because I wanted more money but because I enjoyed it and the reward armors and weapons were attainable in a relatively timely manner (eg a week of “light” dungeon running).

For me the drop in tokens combined with the “zerk” teams has left me few opportunities to run dungeons outside of guild teams.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I wonder if Anet had any idea as to the meta they were creating with the champs. I mean, would you design that as a dominant playstyle? Would you create it as a dominant playstyle? Anet did create it, but it was probably more of a reactive exercise than a creative one. I wonder what the game would be like if they just focused on making the game a rewarding experience for everyone, everywhere in the game.

• There were complaints about nerfs to farm spot after farm spot
  • There were complaints about killing champions being a waste of time
  • ANet wanted to fix both problems
  • ANet has been fighting with bot farmers since launch
  • Bots can farm normal mobs
  • Bots are unlikely to be able to farm champions

I believe ANet is motivated to enable farms that work for players but not bots, and that champion loot (regular ones, invasions, and the Queen’s Pavilion) fills that bill. The way events scale up to produce champions is designed to promote zerg play (though that does not apply in Queensdale or FGS afaik). They had to at least know that players would be likely to do what they’re doing.

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Not allowed says who? Sounds like an opportunity more than a problem. Talk anyway. Construct a 3 sentence long controversial opinion based on gross misinformation and watch hilarity ensue

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I run a lot more dungeons now than before.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Not allowed says who? Sounds like an opportunity more than a problem. Talk anyway. Construct a 3 sentence long controversial opinion based on gross misinformation and watch hilarity ensue

“So, they’re apparently nerfing champ loot in the next update…”

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

How is it ruining the game? The champs the zerg kills are not any kind of a quest mob or a mob required for anything. The champs are pretty much in their own little areas so again doesn’t affect anything. Are you saying it’s ruining the game because you can’t do enough dmg or WP fast enough to get kill credit? I personally say leave it as is. It gives people another alternative after they have done all the dungeons they want to do that day yet still want to farm for some cash/items/mats. I mean if you don’t like it, then don’t do it. Like I said, it’s not like the zerg actually affects any form of gameplay in FG.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

Im just glad theres no more CoF farming. I still do CoF daily for an easy 2+ gold though.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

How exactly is the token rewards getting lowered by 20 across the board “a buff”? For the Emp Shards?

Sorry but I ran dungeons because I either wanted the armor stats from a particular set or I liked the look of the armor for a character. I did not “farm” for gold, nor am I one of these “zerk or go home” types. I play with anyone and any class regardless. Not everything in this game revolves around the “teh glodz” it can produce. The fact I could change characters and re-run it again with either the same people or a new team wasnt because I wanted more money but because I enjoyed it and the reward armors and weapons were attainable in a relatively timely manner (eg a week of “light” dungeon running).

For me the drop in tokens combined with the “zerk” teams has left me few opportunities to run dungeons outside of guild teams.

My sentiment exactly. I usually go into dungeons for token runs, most dungeon farming I do. CoF 1,1,2,1 once or twice a week with my usual party for my tokens. Heck, most I’ve champ zerg farm was 25 mins in Queensdale because I was with a friend. It’s just not fun to me. I never had an issue with gold, heck I didnt even lose gold crafting from 400-500 and making my first ascended (want second but lack of Empyreal shards killing me).

Now i’m just going around world chests to get Empyreal Shards because it also lets me gather the wood logs/metal ores I need with my low level alt since its good exp to gather instead of farming dungeons for the shards.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Can you link the thread with this prediction please.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

here’s a question, why are you running around in queensdale getting maybe an orange box when you could be running around in frostgorge getting all orange boxes, not to mention loadstones and t6 mats. and actual old exotics.

I’m starting a new character, who is only level 10 or so.

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Vocal minority.

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Dungeons are ok, the problem is the power creep on the loot in other areas of the game (obtained by spamming auto attack…), and the new ‘need’ for this loot created by the new gear grind.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Its like RL someone is riding your butt behind you in a car and you go the speed limit mean while they are sitting there flipping you off and raising their hands as if to say wtf you go the speed limit for go faster so I can go faster!

What do you do? Ignore them and do what you were doing.

No one is forcing you to read nasty map comments. Just go bout your business.

Vayne.8563

Vocal minority.

Evidence? I don’t run them ALONE. lol

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Vocal minority.

You run them with your guild, I presume. So, has interest in dungeons within your guild increased since the revamp? If it has, it the same people running more dungeons, or more people running dungeons?

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

dungeons rewards has been significantly buffed for the players who do not do the same dungeon explorable path multiple times per day.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Vocal minority.

actually, its the farmers who are the vocal minority.

the rest are enjoying their daily dungeon runs and not complaining in here.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Vocal minority.

Your achievement rating alone places you in a very tiny minority.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

This. Dungeon received a huge buff for me.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Vocal minority.

You run them with your guild, I presume. So, has interest in dungeons within your guild increased since the revamp? If it has, it the same people running more dungeons, or more people running dungeons?

Everyone I know has been running dungeons more often. Including the guild I recently left and the new guild I joined.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well turnabout is fair play. Now you have to deal with what many of us only openworlders have been dealing with for a year now. Enjoy. And we won’t even tell you what we were told when it happened to us, you know those snide remarks about how “this game isn’t the game for you” that we got when we complained about dungeons being the new focus in November 2012 and everything being nerfed into oblivion in the open world? yeah that.

Anyway not sure why you’re complaining you dungeoneers even get more resources from running dungeons that any of the open world stuff does per event and Champion and right now there’s a bug which makes some champions drop nothing or not give these resources when you open their bags!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I wish people who cite in who’s the “vocal minority/majority” actually supplies a credible source, rather than “it’s obvious” source. lol

On topic:

I really like the champ farm over the dungeon farm. No elitism, if you die/down no one will QQ much…

And why would you wanna kill a champ ahead of the zerg? I mean, yeah, you probably want to be the “macho” type – but isn’t joining them alot faster? I mean, even if you are just doing them for dailies/monthlies, having tons of people smacking the same champ is alot faster than having a small group whack him.

And for the record, the zerg attitude you experienced was bad. I agree.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Vayne.8563

Vocal minority.

More people are interested in running dungeons, yes. Probably because it’s the fastest/easiest way to get some of the mats you need for an ascended weapon.