Ascended Armor Set (Light) + Flamekissed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

@Leo Paul, sure thing. I just the skins from reward chest. Doesn’t show but backback is holographic wings to add to the look I was going for. underarmor dye abyss, top armor celestial

Attachments:

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

@Leo Paul, sure thing. I just the skins from reward chest. Doesn’t show but backback is holographic wings to add to the look I was going for. underarmor dye abyss, top armor celestial

Wow your character looks really good! I wish the light armor looked as good so I didn’t have to spend transmutation splitters and stones.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

danielrjones.8759

Thank you, I enjoy it. I know everyone has their opinion and to each their own. I can only say this about the set I got. But they really did put a lot of detail into the armor when you zoom in on it while in the game.

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

It is so EASY to power trade on the TP, and yet so many people complain about it.

Where are you pulling this 30% from? I can make up numbers too.

If you buy and reselll in order to create demand and gain a margin you have to get past

15% taxes that the “farmer” will lose
15% sell taxes

And your profit…

Obviously its not 30% (because the prices are different and the second 15% has the first 15% transaction cost added)i simplified it.

So instead going from
Farmer +15% taxes => player needing it
with benefit of both final user and farmer we will have

we have
farmer +15%=> TP flipper => buyer that will pay 15% more and then also your profit.

Proof of this system inequity:
It will work only if FEW do that ….when too many tries instead the system fails (see gossamer)

[…]

This system would be only acceptable if TP war was the main part of the game and you could win by dominating the TP….its not in a game called guild wars 2 based on Killing stuff.

You are waaaaaay off base. What you’re upset about is the fact that people are impatient. That’s the entire reason TP flipping works. I’m sorry, but that is life. People only pay/sell for what they are willing. It is NOT the fault of the seller that the buyer is willing to pay a premium to have their item immediately, or that the originator of the item is willing to take a loss to have their gold immediately.

Regarding speculation: There is nothing wrong with intelligent individuals looking ahead and determining what materials will be in demand, and then stockpiling. The price would rise, regardless, due to the demand. There may be a spike due to the stockpiling, but if you miss the train, too bad. Once again, people only pay what they are willing.

There is no way to have large scale trading without supply and demand. You are insinuating that you know better than an economist how to run an economy. I’m not sure what changes you would propose, but lacking a large scale trading system would only exacerbate the “problem” of people making tons of money. I challenge you to come up with a system where no user can make gold through intelligent play/planning. It is absolutely impossible.

On topic: Grats, OP!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

The price would rise, regardless, due to the demand.

Money available to players are limited in a single moment…the DOZEN THOUSANDS golds speculators have doesn t magically appears from nowhere while they just click ……

They comes from farmers and buyers….they are just parasites….they give nothing and they are useless.
They subtracts gold from the economy..

They slightly fight inflation but the damage to PLAYERS economy is way worse than inflation itself….
While promotiing a HUGE inflation when it comes to really rare items

Proving that even the smallest thing they could be useful for isn t working.
(iinfact account and soulbound are for example better antiinflation mechanics….)

You are insinuating that you know better than an economist how to run an economy.

Did you run out of arguments?

Let see the universal answer to ANY post on the forum:“you are insinuating you knows better than a game developer?”

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

Money available to players are limited in a single moment…the DOZEN THOUSANDS golds speculators have doesn t magically appears from nowhere while they just click ……

They comes from farmers and buyers….they are just parasites….they give nothing and they are useless.

They slightly fight inflation but the damage to PLAYERS economy is way worse than inflation itself….

(iinfact account and soulbound are for example better antiinflation mechanics….)

Your opinion does not change reality. You can’t have a useful system where manipulation does not occur.

You are insinuating that you know better than an economist how to run an economy.

Let see the universal answer to ANY post on the forum:“you are insinuating you knows better than a game developer?”

[/quote]

These are very different statements. Perhaps I should have reworded: You are insinuating that you are more knowledgeable than an economist, regarding economics. Unless you are an economist by trade, you should take a step back and inform yourself that you do not have the same deductive tools available as one so educated.

I understand that people do not change their minds quickly, but I suggest you take a genuine look at alternatives instead of just outlining what you see as a problem. You may eventually come to see why there is no issue here. You are upset by what you perceive as unfair, I understand that – but there is no unfairness here. For now we must agree to disagree.

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

This system would be only acceptable if TP war was the main part of the game and you could win by dominating the TP….its not in a game called guild wars 2 based on Killing stuff.

Here is my stance on this subject:

So you can say that it isn’t acceptable, but the guy in charge of that part of the game said it is.

Bläck Dähliä

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

One question Can you place Exqusite jewelry on ascended armor or is it still only regular Orbs?

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I hope you like the new flamekissed armor when they change it lol.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

sold 3 damask bolts for nearly 60 gold in 2 days, will buy back 12 damask bolt when they are worth 5 gold thats how u take advantage of time gating and its effects on certain players.

Leo Paul.1659

One question Can you place Exqusite jewelry on ascended armor or is it still only regular Orbs?

I haven’t tried that yet.. I’ll try later when I go online and update you.. I highly doubt you can place them though.

LordByron.8369

So you can say that it isn’t acceptable, but the guy in charge of that part of the game said it is.

1) I think you could want to Google “gw2 economy review” rather than accepting to hear the dev in charge of it, all is OK:

2) Few data:
Precursors 200-300%+ increase (with crafting announcement, increased drop, easier access to exotic/rares to forge etc etc etc otherwise would be 1000%)
Gems 600%
increase

T6 30% + increase <=== this duering a moment of heavy speculation and demand due to ASCENDED armors and lvl 500 crafting….proving how increase of rare items is way worse….

As you can see the more rare an item is the higher the increase in price…demand is not even taken in account since T6 are way more demanded….

“the dev is an economist” is a really poor answer since it said many times he cannot give us ANY data…

And the fact we are seeing the heaviest gold sink mechanics (ascended ARMORS/WEAPONS) at cost of losing many players, only means economy is not healthy as you say…. (not that it needs an “economist” to undestand).

Oh and where people really try to balance an economy, just put some risk in market flipping…something that he refuses to do….
Only time they did was with crystalline dust

P.S. instead i think damask prices are fair….just the fact the light armo costs 11 days more is unfair ……but i bet they didn t think of it……

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Leo Paul.1659

I really like where the discussion is heading.. It gives me a good perspective, being a dedicated farmer and all, in assessing how to go about earning back my extra expenses from being one of the first people to craft a full light armor ascended set (which would take 36 days apparently normally).

Leo Paul.1659

I’ve finally received a response regarding my ticket about the transmutation bug on exotic armors with flamekissed skin to ascended, and they won’t refund me for the splitters i had to use just to maintain my runes/skin. -_- It is controversial enough as it is (the skin), i didn’t think they would overlook an issue with it when it came to transmutation to ascended. Now I’m stuck with a skin that I’m only keeping because it’s still an upgraded T3, but also with extra expenses courtesy of the splitters. Then I’ll replace it when they reskin the thing. Ugh so much gold sink!

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

The price would rise, regardless, due to the demand.

It’s called capitalism, u know the world we live in. except this one is the super toddler version.

Do you even have any idea on how investments, trading, or generally the very least how business works?

I think you would prefer communism.

danielrjones.8759

@ Leo, For me this is not so much about the gold sink as much as it is doing what is right. I feel anet should reconsider this. Considering the error was not on your end. Is this their final answer?

LordByron.8369

It’s called capitalism, u know the world we live in. except this one is the super toddler version.

Do you even have any idea on how investments, trading, or generally the very least how business works?

I will just say that in real an economy like gw2 would have led to WWIII…..
Luckily despite capitalism isn t working at all (see global crysis) in real we have some sort of organization to keep economy incheck against traders (antitrust etc….).

While in game we have even insider trading…..

GW2 balance:

Leo Paul.1659

@ Leo, For me this is not so much about the gold sink as much as it is doing what is right. I feel anet should reconsider this. Considering the error was not on your end. Is this their final answer?

I hope it’s not their final answer.. I’ve sent them another email clarifying that the incurred cost of splitters is from the transmutation bug (and not the skin per se) and that people who have the current skin is having unnecessary expenses due to that. -_- it’s bad enough that they’re replacing the skin that i wanted with another that I probably wouldn’t like, but that the issue with the flamekissed armor is persisting even in ascended armors.

Bread.7516

I will just say that in real an economy like gw2 would have led to WWIII…..
Luckily despite capitalism isn t working at all (see global crysis) in real we have some sort of organization to keep economy incheck against traders (antitrust etc….).

While in game we have even insider trading…..

Again, gw2 is super toddler commodity trading.

FYI those organizations are put in place to keep the status quo. Not in the sense of righteousness that you’re thinking of.

There are no basic needs in this game. Other than best in slot gear which is easily attainable, everything else is luxury. So pretty much people and you are complaining
“Why in this utopia can’t I buy myself a Lamborghini?” That’s pretty much like first-world problems multiplied exponentially.

This guy…guild wars hippie. Go get a sign board.

Do what the guy in the attachment does.

Attachments:

(edited by Bread.7516)

LordByron.8369

@bread

I NEED 3+3 ascended armor pieces to keep playing the same content i used to play before fractured patch….

Not even to “best in slot” just due to plain gear gating

P.S: just because seems nobody hear playe fractal:
To play fotm 50 you need AR 70….agony get applied frequently just as a gear check…so there is no workaround…

GW2 balance:

Bread.7516

and? all those ascended pieces are kitten easy to get besides the mind-numbing AFK world zerg events for dragonite. Did I also mention they’re cheap if you don’t do the “throw money at it” route?

really? you need 70 AR to get through frac 50? Many people already hit and finished frac 50 BEFORE ascended armor, BEFORE getting 70 AR. 50 AR does the job.

FYI main prob for high fracs are the trash mobs, not the boss

(edited by Bread.7516)

LordByron.8369

really? you need 70 AR to get through frac 50? how bad are you at the game? 50 AR does the job.

Mistlock instability:
50 Agonizing Expedition *You are frequently afflicted with agony (need 70 AR to not take any dmg) *

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance

Means:
You die every few seconds unless you have AR70…. (no evasion or invul possible…its just a gear check)

Now you would like to edit your post ….
P.S. people finishing it before ascended armor spent 450+ gold to get to AR70

GW2 balance:

Leo Paul.1659

and? all those ascended pieces are kitten easy to get besides the mind-numbing AFK world zerg events for dragonite. Did I also mention they’re cheap if you don’t do the “throw money at it” route?

really? you need 70 AR to get through frac 50? Many people already hit and finished frac 50 BEFORE ascended armor, BEFORE getting 70 AR. 50 AR does the job.

FYI main prob for high fracs are the trash mobs, not the boss

I think you did a huge mistake in your post…..proving you don t know how fotm 50 works…

Those people finishing 50 before ascended armor spent about 450 gold to finish fotm 50 before armors….BUT NOT before getting 70 AR being just impossible.

I’m sorry but I have to agree with LordByron here. The change in agony in fotm (particularly the mistlock instability) is just ridiculous. Imho it’s more practical to make an ascended armor set than try to make the necessary AR from just trinkets/weapons at this point.

Bread.7516

really? you need 70 AR to get through frac 50? how bad are you at the game? 50 AR does the job.

Mistlock instability:
50 Agonizing Expedition *You are frequently afflicted with agony (need 70 AR to not take any dmg) *

Means:
You die every few seconds unless you have AR70…. (no evasion or invul possible…its just a gear check)

really now?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/fractured/DnT-NA-Fractal-Level-50/first#post3311130
As the guy said:

“We mostly had 55 AR but many times we swapped weapons in scenarios they were needed to get as low as 45.”

No, i dont think ill edit it. also, i edit my posts as i write, it’s called proof-reading.

(edited by Bread.7516)

LordByron.8369

Mistlock instability:

Means:

really now?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/fractured/DnT-NA-Fractal-Level-50/first#post3311130
As the guy said:

“We mostly had 55 AR but many times we swapped weapons in scenarios they were needed to get as low as 45.”

http://i.imgur.com/fJOEosX.png

You are wellcome…
look at image……
I stumbled into the vid…
First to 50… AKA first to complete 49 <====
Personal level 50……the vid is infact lvl 49

You can t complete nor fotm 40 nor fotm 50 without proper AR due to instability….
That suggest me you didn t even try 40

GW2 balance:

Bread.7516

Yes me and my group tried it during fractured. And mistlock is hardcap

recap: you claim trading via TP is necessary because gold = win.

only example in your head is specifically frac 50.

If devs put a hardcap on frac 50 where it is not supposed to be done why would the gold = win scenario be an issue here?

Are you absolutely sure if drop rates for frac 50 are better than 49? (this would be ONLY advantage in doing it IF it was).

(edited by Bread.7516)

LordByron.8369

I juest edited my thread showing as the vid is lvl 49……

Now again..did you really finished lvl 50?

Any vid to prove it legit?
Forgive me if after all this your credibility dropped a lot.

P.S.:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1rmzn6/na_dnt_fractal_level_50/
Vid reference:

• Fractal 49! Eight Legendaries!*
GW2 balance:

Bread.7516

no not 50, we GOT to 50.

50 is used as a hardcap atm.

also edit.

oh, and your credibility already dropped long ago in dungeons subforum lol.

btw answer the questions posted above. else the claim gold from TP = win is invalid

Legendary weapon stats = ascended. ascended weapons have been there for a really long time

(edited by Bread.7516)

LordByron.8369

Thus we lost time…
And the fact of needing 3 armor pieces per set is still valid.

50 is not hardcapped you can complete it with 70 AR.
My friend have 50 AR i still have only 60….

If they just let us convert pristines in +1 AR i could avoid hurrying to get the ascended armor….

GW2 balance:

Bread.7516

Thus we lost time…
And the fact of needing 3 armor pieces per set is still valid.

50 is not hardcapped you can complete it with 70 AR.
My friend have 50 AR i still have only 60….

If they just let us convert pristines in +1 AR i could avoid hurrying to get the ascended armor….

why do you need 3 armor pieces?

full ascended trinkets = 45 AR
Backpiece 10
Rings 20
Earrings 10
Amulet 5

weapons +10 AR

fine, not hardcapped, but intended to be. just poor implementation of the “cap” but again what’s the difference of frac 50 and 49? are you sure the drop rate is different?

edit for clarity: I am talking about completion of frac 49 and getting to 50. not completing 50.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The difference is the agony mistlock, I’m pretty sure he’s stated that numerous times. Idk why you are bringing up drop rates as they have zero bearing on anything.

Anywho that’s all off topic…

OT so what happens when OP’s flamekissed set gets reworked and they may or may not like it? In terms of the bug, since they are reworking the set there is really no reason to put the time/effort into fixing something that will be removed that doesn’t effect a shred of the population….no offense intended

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Essence Snow.3194)

LordByron.8369

to play 50 i need AR 70!!

how many times should i write it?
I don t like to create parties so i play whatever my friend ask me to join….that happens to be fotm 50 ….

And the result as you may know is to be left out more and more….
I already have weapons…(55AR)

+1 piece i did selling insigna i got from dungeons. (60 AR)
But it costs around 70-100 gold per piece

GW2 balance:

Bread.7516

why bring out drop rates?

Because originally the claim is something along the lines of TP flipping is unethical and gold is required to succeed in the game. (correct me here if im wrong).

Where I counter as not being unethical due to the fact that BiS gear is easily attainable and everything else is aesthetic luxury, where he then points to fractal 50 and the gold requirement to get 70 AR.

Yet the only thing he brings up is fractal 50, where i assume success or a reason of doing something the devs blundered as a cap is for the drop rate difference of 49 and 50 which would be the only advantage of being able to do complete fractal 50.

To add: I don’t see why ascended armor is a problem in terms of the average gold income of a person to attain BiS gear unless he buys it straight off TP which is purely an option.

It is easily attainable from daily crafting of those annoying time-gated mats. And i personally have not crafted ascended armor but I assume you can slap on verstaile infusions of +5 AR from fractal relics thus getting +30 AR from armor (correct me here again if i am wrong) and getting a cheap total of 85 AR .

So where is the NEED to use the TP for investments? And how is TP flipping unethical if everything else BUT BiS gear (which I compared to “basic needs”) is plainly luxury.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

wow just wow…..somebody forgot to have their v8 this morning

Serenity now~Insanity later

Leo Paul.1659

OT so what happens when OP’s flamekissed set gets reworked and they may or may not like it? In terms of the bug, since they are reworking the set there is really no reason to put the time/effort into fixing something that will be removed that doesn’t effect a shred of the population….no offense intended

They can file a ticket to get their gems refunded.. As far as the bug is concerned, yea I understand that it’s probably at the bottom of their priority list seeing as very few people have the complete Ascended armor AND flamekissed-skinned exotics. It still is a bug however, that caused me to incur additional expenses via splitters and I think that should be addressed. :/ I’m not really after gems tbh, i can afford them, I just want to see how anet would handle the issue.

They’re also refunding additional expenses incurred from buying the original flamekissed skin (such as total makeover kits or dyes or weapons) by giving you an additional 1200 gems on top of the original 800 gem cost of the set (for a total of 2000 gems). Personally I think it’s just their way of pacifying their customers since some of them feel cheated that they aren’t gonna keep the look that they bought (practically switching your item with another after u bought it, like finding out the blue shirt that you supposedly bought was replaced with red).

In my case, I bought the skin because it was T3 (my character being human and all) and used total makeover kit and bought pyre and flame dyes to make my look cohesive. I wouldn’t have transferred the look if it wasn’t, but it still is and I wanted to hang on to the look for as long as I can. When they finally implement the new look, I intend to replace my set back to what it was originally (pre-flamekissed) which is the phoenix light armor set + mask of the crown (and change my character’s hair, hair color and skin tone) to keep the phoenix/bird theme. But because of the bug, I don’t have enough gems to purchase those again, ultimately nullifying the purpose of the compensation.

Leo Paul.1659

GM Peter replied to my ticket and said that they couldn’t replicate the bug..

Anyone else experienced anything like this? Unable to transmute from exotic to ascended? What I did was make the ascended set on an alt, placed it in the bank, then equipped it on my main. When I decided I didn’t like how it looked, I tried to transmute directly from my existing exotic armor (wvw berserker exotic armor with flamekissed skin+divinity runes) to my ascended set, but regardless of what I place first in transmuting, the other panel would be red. So I ended up having to use splitters.

LordByron.8369

tried with the chest
I didn t finalize the trasmutation but i could place each piece where it belonged

GW2 balance:

Leo Paul.1659

tried with the chest
I didn t finalize the trasmutation but i could place each piece where it belonged

Did it have flamekissed skin on? Or did you use a character to make the ascended armors then equipped it on another then tried to transmute?

LordByron.8369

Yes with flamekissed since i read this topic i tried….

Unfortunately its on ele secondary set (that i use on few fractals).

Today i will complete my second piece for mesmer , then i need another piece to get ar to 70…after that i ll start with ele and will try to finalize a trasmutation with flamekissed

I had the piece equipped and the it was my tailor character.

GW2 balance:

Leo Paul.1659

Yes with flamekissed since i read this topic i tried….

Unfortunately its on ele secondary set (that i use on few fractals).

Today i will complete my second piece for mesmer , then i need another piece to get ar to 70…after that i ll start with ele and will try to finalize a trasmutation with flamekissed

Interesting… So it seems the bug originated from something else that I did, and not exclusive to the flamekissed skin… Take note though that I finished my entire set on day 1, so they may have fixed something that now allowed transmutation. Thank you for your response, I’m looking forward to the results of your tests. It’ll help me in determining what exactly happened that I wasn’t able to transmute properly.

As for your edit: My tailor (level 44 ele) and the character I equipped it on (level 80 mesmer) were different, so that’ll probably be a reason or something..

Did anyone try to transmute from WvW armors to ascended? That may also be a reason. :/

Leo Paul.1659

Well, this is their final reply.. So unfortunate. I gave the complete details on the steps I took in crafting my armors but it seems they can’t (or won’t) be able to determine what exactly went wrong. -_-

Disappointed.

Attachments: