Ascended Gear - Anet please fix this.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: emanueldst.8049

emanueldst.8049

What about ascended jewelry? Will we be able to change the stats on them as well?

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ

Will the infusion within the said equipment remain? A lot of these infusion are very very expensive. Also, will trinkets be included too?

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

This is for weapon and armor currently – weapons use the same recipe as armor to stat change except they use inscriptions to allow you to change instead of insignias.

Alas yes it does destroy the runes and sigils in the item, the mystic forge doesn’t currently have a way to allow us to do this kind of stat changing without it working that way.

Holy cow than you so much for this, really!!!!! Time to reforge my two greatswords and my longbow!!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

This is makes me very happy. Thanks a lot! Really, this is huge for me.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Will the infusion within the said equipment remain? A lot of these infusion are very very expensive. Also, will trinkets be included too?

If it destroys runes/sigils, don’t hold your breath for infusions.

Isn’t the infusion destroyed when you upgrade an ascended ring for example?

As for trinkets, he said it doesn’t apply.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ
(Edited to clarify weapons and armor)

Ty 4 the FYI and for the future implementation of this. I view this as a very positive move. It will make the two Asc. drops I have no use for useful, and means that if I do not want to craft, getting Asc. weapons and armor does not mean I need to get lucky on the random stat assignment. This is a very elegant solution.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ

no, use extractors on your 5ar/5stat infusions

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

This is for weapon and armor currently – weapons use the same recipe as armor to stat change except they use inscriptions to allow you to change instead of insignias.

Alas yes it does destroy the runes and sigils in the item, the mystic forge doesn’t currently have a way to allow us to do this kind of stat changing without it working that way.

Any plans to reduce the cost of Upgrade Extractors, since there are almost no runes expensive enough to justify their cost?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you want zealot gear you better buy the exotic recipe while there are some left.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

This will make all those non-ideal stat boxes that I’ve gotten so much more useful. Awesome change.

Posted by: OJM.5103

OJM.5103

Awww yeeee I will be able to change my zerk gear to sinister now so that I can deal with those pesky Husks! OT… good QoL change… much needed.

[GAMW]

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ

This is completely awesome <3

And hopefully, there will be some kind of system available sometime in the future where something similar can be done for trinkets. I’m thinking of all those spare ascended rings from fractals that are collecting dust in my bank…

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

-CJ

Wait a minute… Legendary Gear, as in armor??? :o

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I wish instead just replacing the item, the stat became unlocked for that type of item, so you can switch between unlocked stats without having to constantly spend insignia.

Unlocks are always better.

Still, this is better than what we have now. That’s for sure.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I wish instead just replacing the item, the stat became unlocked for that type of item, so you can switch between unlocked stats without having to constantly spend insignia.

Unlocks are always better.

Still, this is better than what we have now. That’s for sure.

That’ll be legendary armor probably.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Mooncaller.9634

Mooncaller.9634

It would be cool if that ascended tweak could be scaled throughout the armor / weapon set (appropriately cheaper for lower tier armors) as a way to allow new players to change their armor as they learn new things about the game rather than crafting / buying new. It could enhance / soften the new player experience.

I remember being a new player, which there will be an influx of with the expansion release and as a new player getting that first set of exotic for your character was hard, but chances are new players will want to catch up into the new content as fast as possible.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Holy smokes; this is awesome!

…I wish I’d have already known this a few months ago, though. When I’ve finally decided to get rid of like 5 boxes for ascended weapons/armor that had the wrong stats and were blocking a lot of space in my already full bank, since they can’t be stacked even when they are the same.

But! Looking forward to getting more of them in the future, haha.

Posted by: Mattsta.8694

Mattsta.8694

Will converting also unlock the different skins? So if I have a Wupwup dagger and the Violet Antique skin unlocked, will switching it to Zojja’s result in also getting the Crimson Antique dagger skin unlocked?

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

I’m glad the option is there now, but the system still seems excessively clunky. Now you’re not absolutely hard-locked into your gear set, but you are locked into it at the cost of a bunch of gold in ecto and insignias, and in the cost of runes/sigils.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad there’s a system to change now if change is needed, but this is still a very far cry from letting players swap at will to promote build experimentation within and between PvE and WvW.

If there is legendary armor, assuming it isn’t ridiculously expensive, will it also let you choose your runes?

(edited by Darmikau.9413)

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Sigh… I used an item for an alt I never play simply because the stat combo was useless for every other character I play. Wish I knew this 3 months ago as I’d have held onto the item so I could have used it on my main.

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Colin, Can this be used to acquire different ascended weapon skins? (they’re all differently colored according to their main stat)

Posted by: Erskine.5206

Erskine.5206

Sigh… I used an item for an alt I never play simply because the stat combo was useless for every other character I play. Wish I knew this 3 months ago as I’d have held onto the item so I could have used it on my main.

Ascended items are account-bound. So feel free to switch it to your main

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

Think I just made a mess in my pants….

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Trinkets/ Rings are unique. You can’t equip 2 of the same, which would make it really complicated. They’re also dirt cheap. Just be happy with what we’re getting.

Zelendel

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

I assume the answer is no, but will there be refunds possible for those of us who very recently (in the past week or so) crafted ascended armor?

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Also: Shout out to Matt P and Linsey who did all the hard work to make this possible

Thanks for that clarification. I will be anxiously anticipating a sale on upgraxe extractors to get my 250 T6 material infusions out.

Great change, makes transition easier for those of us with alot invested in our gear.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Is there perhaps a way to implement this that allows us to extract the runes/sigils that we’ve already paid for and invested in to with our Ascended gear? A separate Ascended Forge tab maybe? We could put in the Ascended item and it’d first display similar to an upgrade extractor with 4 slots below it to put in the ingredients to change the stats – select the upgrades you want to extract and click “Begin” and it spits out your stat changed Ascended item and whatever upgrades you extracted from it.

Yes, I know, upgrade extractors exist but they are gem store exclusive and too expensive. Either make them more accessible, create a version that is only usable on Ascended equipment that players can craft and/or access with a PvE and WvW currency (your spirit shards and badges of honor perhaps) or figure out another way to let people get their upgrades out. Do something, if you do nothing you’re just changing the rules and punishing people.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Posted by: Yoshiro.8170

Yoshiro.8170

asc gear is acc bound. You can change the weapons and armor between your alts. Provided its the same armor type ofc.

Edit: too late xD

(edited by Yoshiro.8170)

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Ascended items are account-bound. So feel free to switch it to your main

Was gonna say the same, however, in case it’s armor and the main char doesn’t have the same armor type, it’s indeed bad luck

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll join in the skins question. I have two Leftpaw weapon boxes I’ve been holding on to while deciding which weapons I want. Even though green is usually my favorite color, the green of the ascended weapons is my least favorite of all the ascended color options. That doesn’t mean I don’t want the skins, though! So if I convert them to other color choices/more useful stats, do I keep the green as well?

Also, so much thanks for this classy way of handling it. I wasn’t very happy about the alleged gap increase even though I personally don’t give a fig for having BiS, because it smacked of a huge departure from core philosophies. I’m quite glad it was unsubstantiated!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Interesting info, Colin. Glad to have that cleared.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Forging while using weapons/armors as ingredient in Mystic Forge basicaly unlock skins, so there it should be the same, otherwhise Colin would state that it won’t, but he didn’t, so don’t worry.

Thanks for new detailed info.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Keep it up, Colin! thumbs up

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I made 4 ascended gear medium. Now you introduce this way to change stats on ascended gear. Can we players who spent much money on multiple ascended gear have some sort of compensation or refund?
Dunno like having the bolt of damasks back

Posted by: Falcon.8713

Falcon.8713

Hey Anet, thank you for listening to all forum QQ’ers, Just made another ascended armor so I could have the 10% boost and there would be no chance that I could swap stats, any chance to pay me the 580 gold back ?

My necromancer got upgraded to a scythe-wielding maniac.. I like it.

(edited by Falcon.8713)

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Also: Shout out to Matt P and Linsey who did all the hard work to make this possible

Yes, thanks to all of you!

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

insanemaniac.2456

I assume the answer is no, but will there be refunds possible for those of us who very recently (in the past week or so) crafted ascended armor?

why would you want a refund for BiS semi-mutable gear?

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday

Well that made my pants smaller.

On a different but unrelated note, has there been any thought given to a system that allows us to convert excess ascended rings and the like into something else?

The thing with rings, amulets, and trinkets is that an account only ever really needs one since there is no runes, sigils, or cosmetic appearance tied to those items, unlike the weapons and armour. I have almost three full tabs of ascended rings sitting in my bank which I want to get rid of, but I don’t feel that vendoring them to the merchant is really that exciting, interesting, or worth the value of those ascended rings. It’d be nice if I was able to do something else with them, even if it’s as simple as popping four into the mystic forge to get another random ascended ring back (in which case I’d just vendor them because I already have them all).

Very nice to hear about ascended armour stat swapping though, that just saved me so much headaches about having to adjust my ascended armour stats to compensate for the specialization changes effects on my builds.

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

There were 3 people trampled to death at the BLTP in Lion’s Arch by am mob screaming something about “must sell silk”.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Yamsandjams.3267

There were 3 people trampled to death at the BLTP in Lion’s Arch by am mob screaming something about “must sell silk”.

Fall, oh linen prices… FALL!

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Oh gosh… Does this mean an inscription will be worth 100 G after this patch?

I hope Anet seriously revisit the cost for Bolt of Damask. I hope they put it back to 100 scraps per bolt of damask (2 per bolt, 50 bolts) to compensate for the possible higher demand, because even now it’s currently insane.

Even Linen price is out of control.

This is far from being the best solution considering the cost of the insignia. The inscriptions are kinda okay.

And I hope stats that requires a 200 G recipe per piece are given alternatives to acquire the recipes…

But yeah, this is still better than nothing, but I was hoping for a more permanent solution of “adding” swappable stats to an ascended gear instead of replacing permanently. Due to the cost, I’ll continue to create my 2nd set. Not worth it to change the stats…

(edited by GoddessOfTheWinds.2937)

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

-CJ

With this, you have not only reassured me that all my fears were unfounded, but also provided me with actual exciting usages for spirit shards.

Thank you.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

The sense of entitlement in this thread is unreal. Be happy with a change that they didn’t even have to make and stop complaining and demanding refunds.

Zelendel

Posted by: Hypairion.9210

Hypairion.9210

I guess maybe with this change people will start doing more fractals (maybe it’s Anet plan to make people going into fractals)

http://imgur.com/XwUAny1

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

-CJ

I was so excited for +10%.. because after all ascended gear is 500gold while exotic is 5gold if u buy it in wvw….
Idea of +10% bonus felt like appropriate bonus which is worth of the time spend and invested in ascended gear crafting. I wonder why did you guys change your mind :/?

I guess maybe with this change people will start doing more fractals (maybe it’s Anet plan to make people going into fractals)

http://imgur.com/XwUAny1

Not until i’ll have to feel endangered of other players kicking me.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

Because those of us who do fractals have 739 boxes of cleric’s gear that are now mutable, meaning we now have little reason to craft specific sets. In my case, I just finished crafting a rabid set for an alt spec, which cost ~700g and would have cost me far less after the patch.

It’s not so different from prior refunds they’ve done when a patch changed high-cost items to lose value, but I can understand why they wouldn’t do it in this case.

(edited by alia.8349)

Yamsandjams.3267

-CJ

I was so excited for +10%.. because after all ascended gear is 500gold while exotic is 5gold if u buy it in wvw….
Idea of +10% bonus felt like appropriate bonus which is worth of the time spend and invested in ascended gear crafting. I wonder why did you guys change your mind :/?

Like he said, they don’t want to impose “gear grind” or “gear tiers” on the player base. They’ve stated previously that ascended tier will be the highest stat tier in the game, and boosting it up to 10% instead of 5% wasn’t in line with their design. This would’ve made it so that those who were using exotics still would be further behind in the gear side of things, and they don’t want to do that to people.

Also note that ascended gear will likely be cheaper after this update, especially hard to obtain stats, like zealot’s. With being able to swap stats, one could theoretically only ever need to craft one of each thing, and then just swap it as necessary, although swapping is obviously it’s own investment. However, things like damask and such will be less necessary since you won’t need as much of it, so the prices will drop down. In the case of things like zealot’s stats, people will just craft a cheaper one and swap to zealot’s, so the overall price of the zealot’s-related things will come down to meet that.

So while it might seem like you’re losing value, your gear will still be the same strength it is today. You will just be able to make easier adjustments to it if needed, which is value for everyone (except maybe those trying to profit off the trading post).

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Praise Matt & Lindsey!

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Sad, my 8 Legendaries are worth less then. I always saw Legendaries not only as a cool skin, but also as a great utility to invest in, changing stats.

Now Legendaries arent even unique anymore, except for the skin and +1 Infusion slot…

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

insanemaniac.2456

Because those of us who do fractals have 739 boxes of cleric’s gear that are now mutable, meaning we now have little reason to craft specific sets.

It’s not so different from prior refunds they’ve done when a patch changed high-cost items to lose value.

i do fractals and have 739 boxes of clerics gear and i recently crafted assassins to replace my zerk and i dont want a refund… ?