Ascended Gear - Anet please fix this.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Does this mean we’ll be able to get gear loads for types that aren’t a part of the standard Ascended set? Sinister and Giver’s are two I was looking at but didn’t see options for.

Though, there’s still a few gear nomenclatures without a standard process to obtain (Rabid, etc). Find gear/Salvage gear for a chance as inscriptions is not an acceptable practice.

Sinisters can be gotten out in Silverwastes! Ascended and exotic both, the insignia i mean! The other recipes you can actually buy from the TP! crafted myself an entire Sinister set for my ranger not to long ago! No clue about givers though, sorry!

Ah, my mistake! I don’t cruise Silverwastes that much. Thanks for the correction.
Rabid and a few others of its cohort (Soldier’s, Sentinel’s) have highly irregular ways of acquisition. Soldier and Rabid require a lot of luck and salvage, and Sentinel is locked behind guild commendations. That really needs to change.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

paranoid mode on

You guys really fall for this smoke screen to cloud the whole controversy about the pre-purchase price policy?

This is a quality of life update to be able to change a current ascended armour into another stat via the MF. As it destroys all upgrades, a complete re-mod would cost e.g. ~120 gold (Zerker/Hoelbrak runes) + Laurels and soul shards.

I appreciate the update, but all the concerns and valid arguments about the HoT xpack have not been addressed.

paranoid mode off

I have yet to hear any “valid argument” or even half-valid concern there. Lots of petulent complaints, though – as your post so well demonstrates.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Sinisters can be gotten out in Silverwastes! Ascended and exotic both, the insignia i mean! The other recipes you can actually buy from the TP!(SLIGHT EDIT: This was for the Sinister Ascended Armor recipes) crafted myself an entire Sinister set for my ranger not to long ago! No clue about givers though, sorry!

Ah, my mistake! I don’t cruise Silverwastes that much. Thanks for the correction.
Rabid and a few others of its cohort (Soldier’s, Sentinel’s) have highly irregular ways of acquisition. Soldier and Rabid require a lot of luck and salvage, and Sentinel is locked behind guild commendations. That really needs to change.
[/quote]

Rabid, Soldiers and Sentinels ill agree with though! Ive only seen a rabid insignia once! And they should for sure be equal to their counterparts!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Sad, my 8 Legendaries are worth less then. I always saw Legendaries not only as a cool skin, but also as a great utility to invest in, changing stats.

Now Legendaries arent even unique anymore, except for the skin and +1 Infusion slot…

Legendaries get a free stat switch any time you want outside of combat. This new ascended stat switching requires you to Mystic Forge the item with the insignia for the stats you want (ascended insignia, not cheap) 5 ectos and 10 of the new shards… and you don’t keep the runes or sigils or infusions that are in the original item. I think legendaries still have a LOT going for them… so… make like a Reaper and Chill?

I know we can change legendaries stats. You’re not getting the point; this was what legendaries made so unique despite the skins.

I’d like to say.. No. You’re not getting the point. Legendaries are still unique… because of what I said. They still hold a unique advantage over ascended items even if ascended items can have their stats swapped from a Mystic Forge recipe.

With Legendaries the swapping is free and convenient. With Ascended it’s expensive and inconvenient.

It’s crafting 25% of a new ascended item… You’re just not having to cover the cost of the blade, the hilt (in a sword example), or the vision crystal. That helps reduce the cost.. sure.. but you still need to BUY or CRAFT the insignia whose stats you want. You also can’t do this out and about… you have to do it at a Mystic Forge.

Legendaries are still superior and have a unique advantage, end of story.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

(edited by callidus.7085)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I’m going to be able to change my Teq Staff to something useful!!!

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Teriburger.5186

Teriburger.5186

Rather than using the mystic forge, how about something like the old transmutation stone? The stone allowed us to take two pieces of gear and pick the stats and upgrades we wanted from them. So if Anet would substitute a insignia/inscription for the second gear, we could just change the stats and not lose any upgrade.

What I would propose is crafting a “recrafting” hammer. This would work like the transmutation stone but with insignia/inscriptions.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Considering how build switching is a core game design philosophy of GW2, it is still sad to see how heavily tied it is to an endgame goal (legendaries’ free stat swapping).

But as I said, I hope this is the first step of something greater. Stat swapping at some cost is cool to make use of undesirable ascended boxes and/ or to adapt to any meta changes, but it’s still too costly for those players that like to play with different builds very frequently. So I hope the means to obtain ascended gear are improved in the future. That being said, with it being back to 5% difference to exotics, players can always use exotics for different builds. But this benefit is also a drawback: it makes ascended gear less satisying/ impactful to non-fractal users.

In the future, I hope that:

• Ascended gear becomes even more friendly build diversity (this new change is nice even though it does not fixes everything);
  • Ascended gear gets to have more impact to the playing experience such as that crafting one actually feels worth it;
  • Ascended gear becomes more alt-friendly;
  • Ascended gear becomes more flavorful, with more interesting themes, backstories, unique skins and unique weapon names.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Obviously that stat change system was something that was going to go in anyway, but I really wonder if you were going to make it go up to 10% but decided not to at the last minute, as a way to salvage some good PR in the current situation.

Still, even though I recognize that possibility, this is fantastic news, and has restored a great deal of my faith. The 10% thing was far more of a concern to me than pre-purchase packages. In fact, I’ll probably be buying Ultimate just because of this news. Thanks for you and your team doing the right thing for the game, Colin.

Also, I’d just like to add that the ability to change stats in this fashion is thematically appropriate for “ascended” gear, since being ascended in GW1 was what allowed you to change your secondary. Probably not intentional, but a nice effect to my mind.

This new ascended stat switching requires you to Mystic Forge the item with the insignia for the stats you want (ascended insignia, not cheap)

You read it wrong. Colin said you needed an exotic inscription or insignia, not ascended.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Thank you to everyone involved with this, it’s a big deal. It’s definitely not perfect (keeping runes/sigils/infusions, a cheap upgrade to legendary, etc), but it’s pretty kitten good! My piles of useless boxes thank you. My unfilled wardrobe skins thank you. My characters whose builds have been hurt by the stat reallocation thank you.

This is the sort of thing we love to see, I hope you’ll have things to say on other issues in the near future.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The 10% thing was far more of a concern to me than pre-purchase packages. In fact, I’ll probably be buying Ultimate just because of this news. Thanks for you and your team doing the right thing for the game, Colin.

Agreed.

I was not going to buy the expansion due to inaccessibility of Ascended gear and the increased stat advantage.

Now I am considering reversing my decision.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ
(Edited to clarify weapons and armor)

This is so kitten cool, thank you!!

JQ Druid

Posted by: Quinci.5968

Quinci.5968

While we’re on the topic, any chance I can get Carrion stat trinkets soon?

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Just want to clarify since I saw this come up a couple of times in this thread and we haven’t actually released our full official patch notes for 6/23 yet….

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear. Gear beyond the tiers we already have are not going to be added and our existing tiers won’t change, they won’t be our main end-game form of progression for your characters/account for all the reasons we’ve covered before – it isn’t what we think Gw2 is about.

Masteries is being added to PvE to help provide this system as our form of progression for PvE moving forward, and the WvW ability system exists for WvW and will be what we use to expand WvW in the future.

To more directly answer some of your point….We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

-CJ

You rock harder than my Mini Rock! That’s a compliment!

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Obviously that stat change system was something that was going to go in anyway, but I really wonder if you were going to make it go up to 10% but decided not to at the last minute, as a way to salvage some good PR in the current situation.

Still, even though I recognize that possibility, this is fantastic news, and has restored a great deal of my faith. The 10% thing was far more of a concern to me than pre-purchase packages. In fact, I’ll probably be buying Ultimate just because of this news. Thanks for you and your team doing the right thing for the game, Colin.

Also, I’d just like to add that the ability to change stats in this fashion is thematically appropriate for “ascended” gear, since being ascended in GW1 was what allowed you to change your secondary. Probably not intentional, but a nice effect to my mind.

This new ascended stat switching requires you to Mystic Forge the item with the insignia for the stats you want (ascended insignia, not cheap)

You read it wrong. Colin said you needed an exotic inscription or insignia, not ascended.

Well.. My mistake. I still believe that this doesn’t make legendaries obsolete as I was trying to point out. To be honest I’m sort of glad it’s cheaper than I thought. Thanks for the correction.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

This change is so awesome!

Fractals are worth doing finally! All those boxes I’ve been hording can be used for whatever I want. I’m so stoked! Fractals are also a good source of those weird insignias like magi.

Thanks anet! This change allows you to rebalance builds without people complaining about their obsolete stats, and allows people to play around more with their builds, as well convert previously useless drops to suit their needs. Hooray!

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Thanks for pointing that out! I totally missed the “exotic” insignia and was thinking holy crap that’s some expensive swapping right there.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Can it be for trinkets too? Take an exotic crafted jewel with one of the dozens of rings you get from fractals and get a ring in the stat array you want? Maybe replace the spirit shards with some item you buy with then to change the infusion slot as well?

Also, will this include stat arrays introduced in the Living Story, like Zealot, Nomad and Sinister? IIRC many of those have found recipes for their ascended gear, and while most of their prices on the TP are reasonable or close to it for people who are making their first set of ascended from scratch, or want to make a second full set anyway, some, like everything Zealot’s (since the recipes no long drop) and Heavy Nomad’s, are much, much higher than that, and I can totally see those prices bottoming out now that people will be able to skip requiring that recipe entirely if they wanted to.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

-CJ

Yay! Ty so much Colin. You really made my day. I was really unhappy with the 10% thing and am VERY glad you are not raising it. Was afraid this was going to be a new thing….raising that percentage every expansion, which is not acceptable to me.

And now allowing us to change stats on ascended through the mystic forge is bloody awesome.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I finished up my ascended gear for my main just last night. Except for his ascended longbow(zojja’s). A few weeks ago I got an ascended longbow drop in a wvw chest…..I was really pleased, but it wasn’t quite the stats I wanted. Now with this new change to ascended gear and their stats……I won’t have to craft the ascended bow….just will have to change the stats on the ascended longbow drop I got.

Many thanks, Anet!!!!

And fwiw, I had not crafted a fully ascended gearset because of the 5-10% change. I had done most of it a bit ago, as I was bored at the time, and just felt like crafting a full set for the heck of it.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

OMFG thanks CJ, Matt P and Linsey for this. I made myself a full set of celestial ascended heavy armor the moment I saw it being used for the Revenant, but upon making it all I thought perhaps I might need to use different stats based on what build I use, so I was sort of putting all my eggs in 1 basket so to speak, and jumping ahead of myself when I shouldn’t. With this I can change that if I need to. Love it!

I hope this also ultimately extends to, and ends up working for ascended amulets/rings/accessories. Just yesterday I received my 3rd lucce seal ring >_< those stats I don’t think I’ll EVER use. Please consider it at least :-P

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

Sad, my 8 Legendaries are worth less then. I always saw Legendaries not only as a cool skin, but also as a great utility to invest in, changing stats.

Now Legendaries arent even unique anymore, except for the skin and +1 Infusion slot…

Legendaries get a free stat switch any time you want outside of combat. This new ascended stat switching requires you to Mystic Forge the item with the insignia for the stats you want (ascended insignia, not cheap) 5 ectos and 10 of the new shards… and you don’t keep the runes or sigils or infusions that are in the original item. I think legendaries still have a LOT going for them… so… make like a Reaper and Chill?

I know we can change legendaries stats. You’re not getting the point; this was what legendaries made so unique despite the skins.

I’d like to say.. No. You’re not getting the point. Legendaries are still unique… because of what I said. They still hold a unique advantage over ascended items even if ascended items can have their stats swapped from a Mystic Forge recipe.

With Legendaries the swapping is free and convenient. With Ascended it’s expensive and inconvenient.

It’s crafting 25% of a new ascended item… You’re just not having to cover the cost of the blade, the hilt (in a sword example), or the vision crystal. That helps reduce the cost.. sure.. but you still need to BUY or CRAFT the insignia whose stats you want. You also can’t do this out and about… you have to do it at a Mystic Forge.

Lol.. Swapping stats on ascended is expensive? Ever made a legendary?
Swapping asc stats is like doing 1% worth of going through a Legendary..

This is what u dont get: Nobody will ever swap asc stands on its armor/weps for 50 times, unless he’s an idiot and likes to pain himself.

Result: You can swap stats just like legendary but you dont need legendary to do it, u only have to do 1min work of MF.

It’s not like ppl with legendaries swap stats 20 times a day, I only do it once every 3-5months, depending on the patches.

TL:DR: we need to pay +3000gold to have a “Legendary” weapon where we can swap stats where other will only have to pay 40-80g per piece with 1min work of MF’ing. Its not like ppl change stats every day, most do it every balance patch (roughly once every 6 months). And certainly biggest part sticking to Berserker’s anyway (for PvE).

Legendaries has lots their “uniqueness” quite long ago, excluding skin-wise.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Posted by: Yoshiro.8170

Yoshiro.8170

While i agree with you i just wanted to point that its not crafting 25% of an ascended item since the needed insignia to change stats is not the ascended one but the exotic one which decreases the cost by ALOT.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Result: You can swap stats just like legendary but you dont need legendary to do it, u only have to do 1min work of MF.

It’s not the same thing. Legendary stats can be swapped in a second out of combat for free. Ascended stats will be pricey to swap and require the MF. Legendary stat swapping is still superior.

Posted by: ElforTheLandStander.7052

ElforTheLandStander.7052

While we’re on the topic, any chance I can get Carrion stat trinkets soon?

Not until I can get Apostate weapons and armor. :P

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Laughing so hard right now. Someone find the picture that guy posted of his stacks of ascended zealot armor recipes. He just lost a fortune on that investment.

When I heard about the 10% ascended gear change, I went out and bought a ton of scraps, thinking I might be able to flip them for a bit of a profit after Tuesday. Fortunately, as soon as I heard about this wonderful change bringing ascended gear back to 5%, with changeable stats….I went, ‘oh crap, sell, sell, sell!!!!!’

Fortunately, I only lost around 15g(I bought lots of scraps)……phew……I throw that amount of money away in 10 minutes on the mystic toilet.

Otherwise, this is great news from Anet!!!!! And I just have to laugh at the small number of people in this thread who still want to QQ and cry about this. You all do realize just how silly and foolish you’re making yourselves look, yes?

GREAT CHANGES, ANET!!!!!!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

I think it would be nice if Ascended gear were 10% better, but with the catch that ascended gear is easier to obtain.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I wish instead just replacing the item, the stat became unlocked for that type of item, so you can switch between unlocked stats without having to constantly spend insignia.

Unlocks are always better.

Still, this is better than what we have now. That’s for sure.

That’ll be legendary armor probably.

Legendary weapons already does that for all stat combinations, old and new.

What I ask for is a much slower thing. Instead getting all stats, you slowly get them one by one. And if new get added, you still have to unlock them, while legendary gear gets the new stats automatically.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

-CJ

Awesome!

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is great news I have a number of Acended armor and weapons from drops that I don’t use. Now I can set the stats to something I need.

Thank you, ANet.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Adding my voice to the others saying thank you! Great changes, both the stat conversion and bringing the gap back down to 5%.

Hopefully one day we’ll also be able to conserve/recover upgrade components when switching stats, but I’m not complaining.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

-CJ

What about giver ascended armor/weapons?

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Not sure, if this was already mentioned but with this change, we might be able to create ascended givers.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Terrorsquad.4802

Terrorsquad.4802

It’s not the same thing. Legendary stats can be swapped in a second out of combat for free. Ascended stats will be pricey to swap and require the MF. Legendary stat swapping is still superior.

Oh come on, get my post already.. Im saying cost-wise its not fair.

Denied NA Account | 8.4k hours | 5.6k Games | Bored

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

That’s the best new for me since the addition of new fractals. Thanks.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Nice. Definitely appreciate that change, though it would be nice if we could have the sigils and runes preserved or a way to remove them without destroying the armor/weapon.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Hot Sauce.2867

Hot Sauce.2867

So… what if I have… say… already made the ascended insignias for keeper’s armor (zealot ascended) but don’t have those recipes… Will those recipes ever get re-released?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Soldier and Rabid require a lot of luck and salvage

Not much luck involved – you can salvage the dungeon gear with proper stats for it.

So… what if I have… say… already made the ascended insignias for keeper’s armor (zealot ascended) but don’t have those recipes… Will those recipes ever get re-released?

If you have made the ascended insignias, then you do have recipes for exotic ones unlocked (as zealot insignias are required in crafting keepers, and are account-bound). Unless you deleted the character you had those recipes unlocked on, in which case there’s only buying them from tp (at a small price of 50g – though that seems to be falling now).

Unless you mean that you have Keeper insignias but no recipes for armor? In that case also wait and look on tp – prices of recipes for those seem to be falling down hard now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Ascended Gear will be staying 5% better than Exotic Gear.

Good call, a great relief.

Now if the expansion (which adds a new class) could include a character slot (to use it) by default….?

Not so much because of the money, more out of respect for existing players.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Very likely to buy HoT tonight now

This was the one thing (5% → 10% change) that had me really doubt the A-Net devs. I’m still worried about limited content, but I love this game, and I know I can count on them to expand what they build for HoT.

Not to derail this thread too much, but I really hope they implement separate queue for pvp game modes (conquest, stronghold, deathmatch) and get a few extra maps for the newer modes. Also, build templates, that allows easy swapping of gear, traits and utilities with a button press. (only out of combat with a confirm button, and a 2 minute cooldown. )

Keep it up. It’s too bad the ship has sailed on getting some people I know into the game. They decided too long ago, this was just another wow clone… Wtv.

10x more excited for the expansion with exotic being viable.

Posted by: int randInt return.3280

int randInt return.3280

Both points of ascended news are excellent. Thank you, good sir.

Crafters [CRFT]
We do open missions every Sunday night.
Contact Mistoffelees in game if you’re interested.

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

That’s excellent news Colin.

I’ve been waiting for something like this since the magic find and critical dmg nerf. Much thanks.

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

What are the chances this could work with givers insignia ?

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Blademaster.6123

Blademaster.6123

What? removal of the 5% boost? Boo, people would have finally respect ascended armor. Love the ability to change the stats tho, awesome stuff!

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

IF the % difference will be still the same, that means the absolute value of the difference will increase, since the stats in exotics are going up.

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Thank you for making me lose all my gold. I am totally broke now, what a great start to the xpack…lol

It is back to exotic grinding, no more ascended or legendary items for me. 5% is just not worth the cost.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

There never should have been an increase to begin with. Like Colin said, it goes against what GW2 is about. I’m glad they are not going through with it.

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

There never should have been an increase to begin with. Like Colin said, it goes against what GW2 is about. I’m glad they are not going through with it.

If it goes against the game then why did they introduce it in the first place?

If they want to introduce a new gear tier called ascended then by all means introduce it with courage and conviction. Otherwise, don’t introduce it! Just don’t be half way here and there. So annoying when they can’t make up their minds.

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

Personally I really like this change…
I have 2 full ascended Zoja armor set and with full Zoja weapon set, Ele full ascended celestial and engi full ascended rabid, and after that hard work i can finally spend less on dressing my remaining char with chests i’ve stored in time, being almost useless since today…
I have a big question: will this system work also with wurmslayer/tequatl respective armor and weapons? Or can’t this 2 sets be thrown in forge?

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

-CJ

Finally a good news in this game. Ty Colin (and team). We appreciate it.

I hope you fix also the price of the expansion and if we buy a bundle of HoT+GW2, we actually recieve the bundle, and not just HoT depending on who we are.