Ascended Gear to Kill Builds and Alts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I have the same opinion on Ascended EQ that I have on Legendary. Namely that -besides the Trinkets I’ve managed to snag- I can bloody well take my time. I game to escape stress, not make more for myself. Plus, I know I can handle myself with just Exotics.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I have the same opinion on Ascended EQ that I have on Legendary. Namely that -besides the Trinkets I’ve managed to snag- I can bloody well take my time. I game to escape stress, not make more for myself. Plus, I know I can handle myself with just Exotics.

I think that individuals may decide to keep running alts. But overall I think that this change will result in less people experimenting with classes / builds and sticking to a main.

For me, it comes down to how important ascended gear ends up being. I think a zerker two handed weapon is going to have 11% crit damage which is a 22% increase, which may be too much to pass up.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It is a big deal for more than the stat boost, it’s a big deal also for the trouble to acquire.

I mean, that’s if I’m reading the posts right.

So it’s basically like people whining about precursors where you’re trying to get something that makes a minimum of difference to your efficiency but people want it NOW, so floods of QQ ensue.

I can get weapons with Sigils of Night and Smothering on them for only a few gold, and have them right now. Show me where I can do this with ascended weapons?

That is the problem. Not that they are better, it’s that they are better and have ridiculous timegates attached to getting them.

Or how about you get over the pitiful stat difference or suck it up and get your ascended weapon when everybody else does? All I’m seeing is “I want it NOW!”.

Because you can acquire night sigil relatively easy. If ascended gear was as easy to get, you wouldn’t see me here complaining as much.

You only need ascended gear for Fractals, why the hurry to get them? Well unless you run fractals 40+ obviously.

It’s nothing to do with wanting things now or for free. It’s about the extreme difference in the amount of effort between the old BiS gear and the new BiS gear, combined with the account based time gating artificially making the process take even longer.

You seem determined to refuse to accept that someone would have more than one character or not consider any of several characters to be a main. Or get why anyone would have more than one weapon set, even after trying to make a point involving dungeon specific weapons/sigils. You either don’t understand why people feel this way and don’t want to attempt to, or you’re just trying to troll.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

It’s nothing to do with wanting things now or for free. It’s about the extreme difference in the amount of effort between the old BiS gear and the new BiS gear, combined with the account based time gating artificially making the process take even longer.

Farming mats and following a crafting guide is not effort. Ascended weapons purely take time. Even then, it’s what, two weeks? It takes you 20 days to get an ascended amulet without the monthly, it takes you ten days with the monthly. We’ve put up with ascended this long, two weeks to get another piece of ascended won’t kill anyone. If you have alts, well it just means you have to choose specific ones to get that 0.000005% buff to their stats.

Or get why anyone would have more than one weapon set, even after trying to make a point involving dungeon specific weapons/sigils.

Well it just means you have to choose carefully what ascended weapon and stats you want then. I know personally I like doing dungeons so if I got an ascended weapon I’d use berserker stats and stick either a night sigil on it (CoF, CoE, SE, AC, TA, snowblind fractal, grawl fractal, swamp fractal) or I’d play things safe and use a force sigil so I get 5%+ damage in night and day dungeons. If I did WvW then I could go with PVT stats and whatever sigil I wanted to use there.

You either don’t understand why people feel this way and don’t want to attempt to, or you’re just trying to troll.

I understand how people feel, it’s just pathetic. It boils down to impatience and entitlement, and not ANet trying to kill players with alts at all.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

mrstealth.6701

Acquiring the materials is most certainly effort. And the two week figure was just based based on the time gates, not an estimate on realistically obtaining what is actually required to craft. I recommended taking a look at what is needed, how that is obtained, and the limits placed on obtaining it.

For just the my guardian I will need my soldier gear for solo wvw/general pve and my cleric gear for group wvw/dungeons. That is when armor is added sometime in the near future. For now, that character alone needs a hammer, a GS, 2 scepters, 2 shields, a sword, a mace, a torch, 2 staves, and 2 foci. The bare minimum would be a GS, a hammer, a scepter, a focus, and a staff. That’s a minimum of 10 weeks, with a realistic time likely being double that. For only one of my characters that I play no more than at least four others.

Just what is pathetic about not being happy with this situation? Wanting to have more than one character in BiS gear isn’t entitlement. I have no problem earning what I use. I do have a problem when the system is designed to take a ridiculous amount if time, have that time artificially extended by timegates, and have said gates account based so working on alts is not even viable.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

gear should be obtained through player skill….. not through time-gated wait in line crap.

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

I agree 100% with mrstealth. There was already enough stuff to gather and assemble without any of this ascended crap. At the end of the year this idiot game designers are going to have a lot of power creep to deal with.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

mrstealth.6701

I never got the “need” for this tier. There are a lot of weapons in between legendary and exotic tiers, in the upper end of the exotics. Weapons like Infinite Light at the very top or Vision of the Mists in the mid/lower end.

The ascended tier didn’t fill a gap, it created one. The tier would be fine if they just made the time gating character based. The material requirements are a bit extreme, but I thought think that is the lesser of the problems. I think reducing the amount of obsidian refinements (bloodstone/dragonite/empyreal) to 250-300 would be better, but not necessary. This is assuming they drop 1 at a time. If they drop in multiples it could be fine as is.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Posted by: klaashacz.9714

klaashacz.9714

Well many players are having the same reaction as me. ie – a loss of interest in the game, no desire to play alts, depression at being sold out to the grind. I have now suspended levelling of my guard and since I am not a crafter I won’t be able to access ascended gear apart from trinkets anyway – so i’m locked out. Don’t mention drops please lol.
This ascended gear feels like a real cynical ploy cleverly dropped in on a community of – lets be honest – we are game addicts – who they know they can exploit some more. They want your cash for gems, for transmutation stones, for all that goes with the need to acquire BIS gear. Think on that.

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

A loss of interest is putting it mildly. I’m about to ragequit. I don’t even know what crafting professions I even picked. That I have to sit at a crafting station and level all the way to 500 in disciplines I didn’t even pick is infuriating. I will be sure to badmouth Anet for any future potential customers I meet.

I even feel ashamed for ever actually buying gems in support of Anet. I only wish the censor and the moderators would allow me to post the cursewords I wish to fling at the people who created this idiotic Ascended garbage right now.

(edited by TainoFuerte.8136)

mrstealth.6701

Well many players are having the same reaction as me. ie – a loss of interest in the game, no desire to play alts, depression at being sold out to the grind. I have now suspended levelling of my guard and since I am not a crafter I won’t be able to access ascended gear apart from trinkets anyway – so i’m locked out. Don’t mention drops please lol.
This ascended gear feels like a real cynical ploy cleverly dropped in on a community of – lets be honest – we are game addicts – who they know they can exploit some more. They want your cash for gems, for transmutation stones, for all that goes with the need to acquire BIS gear. Think on that.

You aren’t the only person thinking that. I don’t doubt that transmute sales and grind addiction are part of Anet’s strategy. It’s just sad that they feel the need to shun players that like having alts to accomplish this, because it’s not necessary.

It would also help if they would quit claiming they will give us multiple ways to get the gear, and actually implement that. So far the only alternate methods have been heavily discouraged by high cost (40ecto earrings) or overuse of the same timegated currency (laurels used for amulets, rings, and earrings, even in wvw)

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s not alt friendly- just roll a guardian or a warrior and spam staff 1 whilst running in a huge ball, then it won’t matter if you run around naked, you will still have tagged everything in range and end up with piles of loot.

For people who actually LIKE variety, this time gating and char bound wvw ranks is a real pain in the kitten.

I can’t stand repeating dungeons, or running fractals endlessly-after a couple of the latest living world lootfests I’m bored senseless. It’s not fun, and games are supposed to be fun if you want to play them long term.

Seems like they all want us to join massive guilds (note the new place to get some of the stuff..) and run only one toon with one set of gear, one weapon.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I have 5 1/2 exotic item sets for 1 character, because I like to vary things. Ascended items just no.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Posted by: Arondrinor.5307

Arondrinor.5307

Me and some friends decided to quit GW2 l will talk about it in this post. This game was very friendly to who wants to play with alterns. I have 5 level 80 characters with full exotic sets. I got 8 exotic armor sets, lots of exotic weapons and 9 trinket sets. Because I like to play with different classes and different builds. I mostly play in wvw. I done with pve when I have got my armor sets from dungeons. Now I have enough gold and Badge of Honor for more sets. Honestly I don’t like map complation, living world events an other pve things. I like to try new builds and classes in wvw. Also I had plans for 3th exotic set for my ranger and 2nd exotic set for my guardian. I bought a bank slot for these lots fo sets.

We have a small guild consist of wvw players not zerg members. We generally do small party raids and duels at wvw. We have lots friends in other servers also they like duel in wvw too. So me and my guild mates have lots of alterns for fun in wvw and duels. We like to play this game in that way. So we don’t farm loots in both pve and wvw in zergs.

When they anounced first ascended trinkets we didn’t support this idea but we can handle with it. Personally I only bought 5 ascended amulets for my alterns for their new sets. This is effected our play stlye but not much honestly. After wvw xp things appeared and they said this is character bound. This was also bad thing because I play with 5 characters at wvw. But we can handle with it too. However now there is a full ascended vs full exotic comparison at wvw. This game started to force people for play one character. This is not a good news for players like me. After the last ascended update me and my guild mates decided to quit GW2. Because this is enough for us! Before that patch I had goals like achieve some nice pvp finishers for use in wvw and buy some finishers from trade post. I liked to work for that. I still like this game but this is about react to ArenaNet for their attitude against to players who like to play alterns and wvw players. There is a lots of pve contents but they give little things for wvw players like masteries. I’m sure there is a lots of wvw players they look forward to their flame ram masteries lol. In conclusion our fun understanding and playstyle ruined with these all patches. [JUMP] is leaving. So I agree with the topic.Thanks for funny hours (more than 1.3k hours for me). GW2 was a nice game for us. Sorry for bad english.

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Me and some friends decided to quit GW2 l will talk about it in this post. This game was very friendly to who wants to play with alterns. I have 5 level 80 characters with full exotic sets. I got 8 exotic armor sets, lots of exotic weapons and 9 trinket sets. Because I like to play with different classes and different builds. I mostly play in wvw. I done with pve when I have got my armor sets from dungeons. Now I have enough gold and Badge of Honor for more sets. Honestly I don’t like map complation, living world events an other pve things. I like to try new builds and classes in wvw. Also I had plans for 3th exotic set for my ranger and 2nd exotic set for my guardian. I bought a bank slot for these lots fo sets.

We have a small guild consist of wvw players not zerg members. We generally do small party raids and duels at wvw. We have lots friends in other servers also they like duel in wvw too. So me and my guild mates have lots of alterns for fun in wvw and duels. We like to play this game in that way. So we don’t farm loots in both pve and wvw in zergs.

When they anounced first ascended trinkets we didn’t support this idea but we can handle with it. Personally I only bought 5 ascended amulets for my alterns for their new sets. This is effected our play stlye but not much honestly. After wvw xp things appeared and they said this is character bound. This was also bad thing because I play with 5 characters at wvw. But we can handle with it too. However now there is a full ascended vs full exotic comparison at wvw. This game started to force people for play one character. This is not a good news for players like me. After the last ascended update me and my guild mates decided to quit GW2. Because this is enough for us! Before that patch I had goals like achieve some nice pvp finishers for use in wvw and buy some finishers from trade post. I liked to work for that. I still like this game but this is about react to ArenaNet for their attitude against to players who like to play alterns and wvw players. There is a lots of pve contents but they give little things for wvw players like masteries. I’m sure there is a lots of wvw players they look forward to their flame ram masteries lol. In conclusion our fun understanding and playstyle ruined with these all patches. [JUMP] is leaving. So I agree with the topic.Thanks for funny hours (more than 1.3k hours for me). GW2 was a nice game for us. Sorry for bad english.

Yeah I’m pretty much in the same boat. If GW2 wants to be a modern MMO, it’s going to have to have the lifespan of a modern MMO. One year, it was a good run. This is what happens when you cut corners for time sink instead of engaging content.

I’m downloading another game right now.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

2 weeks right…. if you have infinite money.

lolololol

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

colesy.8490

Acquiring the materials is most certainly effort. And the two week figure was just based based on the time gates, not an estimate on realistically obtaining what is actually required to craft. I recommended taking a look at what is needed, how that is obtained, and the limits placed on obtaining it.

Making TP orders and going up to a champion, shutting your brain off and pressing autoattack is not effort.

For just the my guardian I will need my soldier gear for solo wvw/general pve and my cleric gear for group wvw/dungeons. That is when armor is added sometime in the near future. For now, that character alone needs a hammer, a GS, 2 scepters, 2 shields, a sword, a mace, a torch, 2 staves, and 2 foci. The bare minimum would be a GS, a hammer, a scepter, a focus, and a staff. That’s a minimum of 10 weeks, with a realistic time likely being double that. For only one of my characters that I play no more than at least four others.

Or save yourself the “effort” and not get bad cleric gear for dungeons. There you go, just trimmed off weeks and weeks of “effort”.

Just what is pathetic about not being happy with this situation? Wanting to have more than one character in BiS gear isn’t entitlement. I have no problem earning what I use. I do have a problem when the system is designed to take a ridiculous amount if time, have that time artificially extended by timegates, and have said gates account based so working on alts is not even viable.

You feel entitled to top end gear for all of your alts without putting any work and/or time in, you just want to make a TP order and then be done with it.

The funny thing is, I’m a min-maxer, and the fact that my two 80s are only in partial ascended doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Zindrix.1750

lolololol

And that’s just for 1 weapon! Holy crap. Everybody reroll a rifle engie or staff ele right now!

Arondrinor.5307

Yeah I’m pretty much in the same boat. If GW2 wants to be a modern MMO, it’s going to have to have the lifespan of a modern MMO. One year, it was a good run. This is what happens when you cut corners for time sink instead of engaging content.

I totally agree with you, it was a modern MMO but started to become an ordinary one. Unfortunatelly, we are looking for new game too.

Savoy.6824

Before November we had to put in an acceptable amount of effort to obtain max gear. From November to Aug it went from acceptable to High amount of effort to get fully maxed gear. Now the time constraints are unreasonable and by the end of the year getting max gear will be insane. Hoping EQnext wont make this mistake. Im counting the days till I can leave this game.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Arondrinor.5307

lolololol

lol I can’t count all my exotic wepons also when ascended armors appeared this will be an impossible mission for me if i want to convert all my sets to ascended ones. This ascended things are restriction for me.

(edited by Arondrinor.5307)

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Making TP orders and going up to a champion, shutting your brain off and pressing autoattack is not effort.

Or save yourself the “effort” and not get bad cleric gear for dungeons. There you go, just trimmed off weeks and weeks of “effort”.

You feel entitled to top end gear for all of your alts without putting any work and/or time in, you just want to make a TP order and then be done with it.

The funny thing is, I’m a min-maxer, and the fact that my two 80s are only in partial ascended doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Why should he not be on equal footing with everyone else? This game was designed to make it easy for EVERYONE to get in top end gear with minimal effort on any character they wish. The deciding factor between being useful or not was never to be gear but the skill level of the player. Just because someone plays multiple characters is no reason to be behind because of some silly time gate if the person has the means to outfit it.

mrstealth.6701

lol…I don’t even know why I bother responding to this…maybe it’s just because you do amuse me with your attempts at insulting people for being able to think for themselves and realize there is more than one stat combo or team build in this game

How is being willing to put in the extra time/effort to get it for alts (if the timegates allowed it) considered entitlement? That’s kinda the exact opposite, FYI. And just because something is easy, it doesn’t automatically make it no effort. Expecting a weapon for every character because I crafted it for one would be entitlement.

I don’t want to make a TP order and be done with it. I have no idea where you got that idea. The majority of the weapons I already have were crafted from materials I gathered (that’s time/effort there), unless it’s a stat that can’t be crafted. I just want the stupid timegates gone, or at least character based. Same effort/work, less time waiting. Hate to burst your little fantasy world bubble, but there’s no entitlement about it. Period.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Not me. I had top end gear for all of max level alts. That gear is no longer top end. This would not bother me in a game that advertised gear stat inflation. It did, and continues to chap my hide in a game that advertised the opposite until after I’d spent money on the game. Whatever. It’s taught me a valuable lesson, that game developer advertising can’t be trusted.

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Which one? I need a new game too, 2 friends of mine just quit, and I don’t feel like putting up with Arenanet’s kitten.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Before November we had to put in an acceptable amount of effort to obtain max gear. From November to Aug it went from acceptable to High amount of effort to get fully maxed gear. Now the time constraints are unreasonable and by the end of the year getting max gear will be insane. Hoping EQnext wont make this mistake. Im counting the days till I can leave this game.

Finally someone who looks beyond 2 weeks and realistically look at the near future.

You also forgot about all the infusions they plan to release in between.

Ive said that when they finally release all the crap they intended Legendary weapon grind will be like a fond memory lol

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Savoy.6824

@MikaHR youre right I did forget about the infusions. I would quit logging in now but I spent so much money in the gem store that it feels like such a waste to quit. But Im not going to keep doing this.

colesy.8490

lol…I don’t even know why I bother responding to this…maybe it’s just because you do amuse me with your attempts at insulting people for being able to think for themselves and realize there is more than one stat combo or team build in this game

Nope. The only stat combo worth using in PvE is power/precision/crit damage. In WvW there’s more variety, but going PVT w/melandru runes is a pretty solid choice.

How is being willing to put in the extra time/effort to get it for alts (if the timegates allowed it) considered entitlement? That’s kinda the exact opposite, FYI. And just because something is easy, it doesn’t automatically make it no effort. Expecting a weapon for every character because I crafted it for one would be entitlement.

No, you feel entitled to ascended weapons because of “ANet said no gear grind” and you’re one of the many people who keep clinging on to that no longer relevant manifesto.

I don’t want to make a TP order and be done with it. I have no idea where you got that idea. The majority of the weapons I already have were crafted from materials I gathered (that’s time/effort there), unless it’s a stat that can’t be crafted. I just want the stupid timegates gone, or at least character based. Same effort/work, less time waiting. Hate to burst your little fantasy world bubble, but there’s no entitlement about it. Period.

No, it’s time, not effort. Running to nodes and pressing the interact key is not effort, that’s willpower.

And you can burst my fantasy bubble all you want, I’m not the one QQing about ascended weapons, I’m perfectly fine with things the way they are, and seeing you mad is good enough for me.

Not me. I had top end gear for all of max level alts. That gear is no longer top end. This would not bother me in a game that advertised gear stat inflation. It did, and continues to chap my hide in a game that advertised the opposite until after I’d spent money on the game. Whatever. It’s taught me a valuable lesson, that game developer advertising can’t be trusted.

Really? You got weapons and sigils for each dungeon, you kitted them all out in berserker gear and scholar runes and full ascended trinkets?

Let me guess, the answer is no. Well there you go, you’ve got ways to improve your character’s stats and you can stop crying about ascended.

MikaHR.1978

@MikaHR youre right I did forget about the infusions. I would quit logging in now but I spent so much money in the gem store that it feels like such a waste to quit. But Im not going to keep doing this.

I feel for you. Unfortunately unless enough people quit nothing will change and Guild Wars 2 will proceede to Grind Wars 2 as planned.

Imagine, you want to play new character or a new build:

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes
16-18 infusions of w/e tier at the time

Just 1 character 1 build

At this rate that puts even worst Korean grinders to shame lol

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Zindrix.1750

Which one? I need a new game too, 2 friends of mine just quit, and I don’t feel like putting up with Arenanet’s kitten.

I’m checking out Rift again. It’s f2p now and I had originally played it when it was first released and never did get max level. I’m not expecting miracles or anything but it will provide some entertainment in the meantime as opposed to just being frustrated with GW2.

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Gear is not content.
Gear treadmills disguised as content is a complete slap in the face to the idea that gear should be easy to max.

Is this even arena net? I’m thinking NCsoft changed things and forgot to notify the players.

It’s as simple as they realized the gamer addicts are a gold mine if they make skinner boxes. It’s a shame that wasn’t the game they sold us last year; I imagine a lot of people would’ve saved money.

mrstealth.6701

Nope. The only stat combo worth using in PvE is power/precision/crit damage. In WvW there’s more variety, but going PVT w/melandru runes is a pretty solid choice.

You’re too closed minded to even try to explain that to, so I won’t bother. I’ll just recommend trying to keep in mind that your beliefs/playstyles/etc are not set in stone facts for everyone else.

No, you feel entitled to ascended weapons because of “ANet said no gear grind” and you’re one of the many people who keep clinging on to that no longer relevant manifesto.

That’s not feeling entitled to weapons. If anything, that’s expecting the game to deliver to what the devs drilled out for 5 years as the design philosophy of the game. That’s not an issue with entitlement, it’s an issue with the developers not sticking to their word.

The fact that you refer to the core design principles of the game as “no longer relevant” says more than I ever could. That is the core of the problem. Someone that didn’t agree with those core principles probably shouldn’t have bought the game to begin with.

No, it’s time, not effort. Running to nodes and pressing the interact key is not effort, that’s willpower.

It still fits the definition of effort, but I’m not here to argue the semantics of the word effort.

And you can burst my fantasy bubble all you want, I’m not the one QQing about ascended weapons, I’m perfectly fine with things the way they are, and seeing you mad is good enough for me.

I’m disappointed, if anything. Disappointed by the developers decisions to not follow through on their vision, and to throw that vision aside in favor of pandering to a portion of the playerbase.

And thanks for confirming what I think most of us realized with your first post.

Really? You got weapons and sigils for each dungeon, you kitted them all out in berserker gear and scholar runes and full ascended trinkets?

Let me guess, the answer is no. Well there you go, you’ve got ways to improve your character’s stats and you can stop crying about ascended.

Ok, this wasn’t directed at me…but here it goes anyway. Ignoring the pointless bits….I believe we’re just now getting to the time where it’s actually possible to have a full set of characters (all 8 professions) in ascended trinkets. And that’s assuming laurels were only spent on amulets, fractals were used for rings, and guild commendations were used for earrings. And that every daily was done, every monthly was done, and that guild missions were done regularly with a guild that has all of them unlocked.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

I feel for you. Unfortunately unless enough people quit nothing will change and Guild Wars 2 will proceede to Grind Wars 2 as planned.

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

done. now aside from fractals, tell me which content i can’t do in exotics?

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Think about power creep in WvW. WxP and Ascended gear are going to kill the fun of running alt’s. I’m well into the hundred’s on Rank in WvW. It’s just that it’s spread over many alts. Making me less useful and underpowered than I could be.

It’s broken on a core level if you ask me.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

MikaHR.1978

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

So you think they will add all those stats without any “adjustements to content”.

Yah, i see it now, going around one shotting everything is what they planned all along rofl

Wish that people would THINK before they POST. Ah, wishful thinking.

colesy.8490

You’re too closed minded to even try to explain that to, so I won’t bother. I’ll just recommend trying to keep in mind that your beliefs/playstyles/etc are not set in stone facts for everyone else.

No, there really isn’t that much variation in the game. If you’re lucky, there will be two builds your class can use and either way you only need berserker gear for them. If ANet timegating ascended means that it takes you longer to get bad cleric ascended, then good on them, it’s getting tiresome seeing them cater to bad players in the zerg pavilion or secret of southsun where you run whatever the hell you want even if it’s full leech, and if Tequatl truly does take 80 level 65+ well geared players, even better.

Again, do you have fully kitted out alts? No, you want Cleric gear for your dungeon guardian so you have a ton of room to improve their usefulness right there, in fact ascended cleric gear wouldn’t do anything to make them any more useful.

The sooner people realise they can already make up the stat difference that exo > ascended has by swapping out their non-terrible gear, the sooner the whining will stop.

Happyfool.8951

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

So you think they will add all those stats without any “adjustements to content”.

Yah, i see it now, going around one shotting everything is what they planned all along rofl

Have you seen the upcoming changes to Teq? It promotes teamwork and coordination. I am guessing that they going for that in the “difficulty” department, instead of just bumping up numbers. And in the off chance that they do bump up numbers. I imagine the experience would to be the same as wearing rares in an exotic world. Bit of a challenge, but still doable.

MikaHR.1978

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

Have you seen the upcoming changes to Teq? It promotes teamwork and coordination. I am guessing that they going for that in the “difficulty” department, instead of just bumping up numbers. And in the off chance that they do bump up numbers. I imagine the experience would to be the same as wearing yellows in an exotic world. Bit of a challenge, but still doable.

They just have to drop agony in dungeons and….pufff….insta crap

And leveling areas….great thinking rofl. Can you name ANY game that adjusted leveling area to max gear…like…ever?

When lvl65 can wear ascended, maybe they will rofl

mrstealth.6701

Think about power creep in WvW. WxP and Ascended gear are going to kill the fun of running alt’s. I’m well into the hundred’s on Rank in WvW. It’s just that it’s spread over many alts. Making me less useful and underpowered than I could be.

It’s broken on a core level if you ask me.

Yeah, WvW is where the gear stats are actually a gameplay/balance issue. The WXP ranks that are just as much of an issue, too. Especially the ones that effect character stats.

In PVE, the only gameplay issue would be the possibility of groups expecting everyone to have ascended gear. That is a player-created issue, but the existence of a timegated/longterm gear tier facilitates such problems. Aside from this, the only major current problem is the desire for the best available gear discouraging alternate characters/builds. This isn’t a concern for some players, but for those of us that have and enjoy multiple characters, it is very disappointing and frustrating to have the developers making changes that directly discourage our playstyle. A playstyle that the same developers previously claimed they wanted to encourage.

For now, there isn’t anything outside of Fractals that not having ascended gear limits you from doing. Hopefully this stays true, but there is the very valid concern that Anet will follow suit with so many other MMOs (like they have done with this new gear grind) and develop new/future content that is balanced toward the top tier of gear.

Happyfool.8951

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

Have you seen the upcoming changes to Teq? It promotes teamwork and coordination. I am guessing that they going for that in the “difficulty” department, instead of just bumping up numbers. And in the off chance that they do bump up numbers. I imagine the experience would to be the same as wearing yellows in an exotic world. Bit of a challenge, but still doable.

And leveling areas….great thinking rofl. Can you name ANY game that adjusted leveling area to max gear…like…ever?

ok, you lost me there.

MikaHR.1978

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

ok, you lost me there.

Its not about difficulty, it was never ever in any game about difficulty but it was about gear check.

Teq is part of leveling content. Where exactly could you be lost?

mrstealth.6701

it’s getting tiresome seeing them cater to bad players in the zerg pavilion or secret of southsun where you run whatever the hell you want even if it’s full leech, and if Tequatl truly does take 80 level 65+ well geared players, even better.

Almost as tiresome as seeing the silly trolls that can’t open their eyes wide enough to see beyond the one build they think everyone should run. Yep, everyone that doesn’t play your way is “bad”. You’ll fit in just fine with the ones that start demanding everyone ping ascended gear.

It will be amusing to see all the dead glass cannon zerkers littering the ground at Teq 2.0.

Oh, and FYI…Secret of Southsun…that was…months ago. I guess that does explain the “zerker is the only build” mentality. Even the dungeon speed clearers figured out you can do it just as fast without a bunch of zerker wars.

mrstealth.6701

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

ok, you lost me there.

Its not about difficulty, it was never ever in any game about difficulty but it was about gear check.

I wouldn’t expect anything like that in the current open world areas. Teq is somewhat geared towards level 80s returning to that zone, but it’s still in a level 65 map.

I don’t think we’ll see gear checks outside of Fractals for a long time, if ever. But the possibility of new areas/content being created and balanced for players with ascended gear is real. Even in games without a hard gear check, content is still balanced for characters that are properly geared. It’s just a matter of whether Anet starts to consider ascended as properly geared, or leaves it as “over geared” while exotic remains the standard for balance.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

I think Ascended weapons were mainly introduced to make Legendaries appear more appealing…

Want an expensive, crafting/collecting time-sink for Ascended gear?

Crafting is probably the least exciting part of any MMO… Yes. “Discovering” recipes can be fun, or you could just go to the Wiki and find them.

Or would you just prefer doing whatever it is that you find entertaining until you earn enough gold to buy a precursor? Then you’ll likely also have enough mats (provided you didn’t waste them on leveling crafting from 400 to 500) to make your legendary.

Thus you get Ascended stats, which you can change on-the-fly (out of combat). Build diversity FTW.

SiNoS.2147

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

ok, you lost me there.

I wouldn’t expect anything like that in the current open world areas. Teq is somewhat geared towards level 80s returning to that zone, but it’s still in a level 65 map.

I don’t think we’ll see gear checks outside of Fractals for a long time, if ever. But the possibility of new areas/content being created and balanced for players with ascended gear is real. Even in games without a hard gear check, content is still balanced for characters that are properly geared. It’s just a matter of whether Anet starts to consider ascended as properly geared, or leaves it as “over geared” while exotic remains the standard for balance.

I beleave ANet has talked about revamping all the dungeons around the FotM. If thats the case its safe to say that ascended it the bar they are working around.

MikaHR.1978

6 ascended trinkets
4-6 ascended weapons
6 ascended armor
4-6 ascended sigils
6 ascended runes

Just 1 character 1 build

ok, you lost me there.

I beleave ANet has talked about revamping all the dungeons around the FotM. If thats the case its safe to say that ascended it the bar they are working around.

Dont think that current dungeons would be touched, but new “hard”/“heroic”/“elite”/w/e mode….you bet.

colesy.8490

Almost as tiresome as seeing the silly trolls that can’t open their eyes wide enough to see beyond the one build they think everyone should run. Yep, everyone that doesn’t play your way is “bad”. You’ll fit in just fine with the ones that start demanding everyone ping ascended gear.

The way I play involves dodging dangerous attacks, reflects, blocks, invulns and paying attention to fight mechanics. If you’re not able to use your dodge key or pay attention to mechanics, then yes, people who don’t play my way are bad at the game because it really isn’t that hard. The difference lies between the noob who refuses to learn and the newbie who wants to learn, while I approve of the latter, the former just drags this game down with faceroll easy difficulty and then cries for nerf when they can’t handle Liadri.

It will be amusing to see all the dead glass cannon zerkers littering the ground at Teq 2.0

I can’t imagine it’s going to matter what your armour stats are, it’s a bit like Jormag where you can have high toughness armour and still be chewed out if you linger near him too long. Bad players will be bad players, armour choice is irrelevant. The difference is that zerker users are normally at least trying to be good.

Oh, and FYI…Secret of Southsun…that was…months ago. I guess that does explain the “zerker is the only build” mentality. Even the dungeon speed clearers figured out you can do it just as fast without a bunch of zerker wars.

Correct. It turns out zerker engis, zerker rangers, zerker thieves and zerker eles are pretty good too.

Oh look, they’re all zerker.

SiNoS.2147

The way I play involves dodging dangerous attacks, reflects, blocks, invulns and paying attention to fight mechanics. If you’re not able to use your dodge key or pay attention to mechanics, then yes, people who don’t play my way are bad at the game because it really isn’t that hard. The difference lies between the noob who refuses to learn and the newbie who wants to learn, while I approve of the latter, the former just drags this game down with faceroll easy difficulty and then cries for nerf when they can’t handle Liadri.

It will be amusing to see all the dead glass cannon zerkers littering the ground at Teq 2.0

I can’t imagine it’s going to matter what your armour stats are, it’s a bit like Jormag where you can have high toughness armour and still be chewed out if you linger near him too long. Bad players will be bad players, armour choice is irrelevant. The difference is that zerker users are normally at least trying to be good.

Correct. It turns out zerker engis, zerker rangers, zerker thieves and zerker eles are pretty good too.

Oh look, they’re all zerker.

Just because someone can play in full zerk does not make it a good choice. Theres been many time when i’ve made a minor mistake on timing and only thanks to my gear diversity have i survived it. Dead dps does no dps. Ill take someone geared to take a little hit over someone geared for full glass cannon any day. I have had nothing but bad luck from people playing pure glass cannon. Atleast with magic find people i know why they are dead. Glass cannon really have no excuse. You sacrificed practically all your survivability for very slight dps boost that you loose the first time your downed in a fight.

As far as i care you can keep playing your zerk only gear. I just personally wont have anything to do with that crowd.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown

Not me. I had top end gear for all of my max level alts. That gear is no longer top end. This would not bother me in a game that advertised gear stat inflation. It did, and continues to chap my hide in a game that advertised the opposite until after I’d spent money on the game. Whatever. It’s taught me a valuable lesson, that game developer advertising can’t be trusted.

I have the weapons and sigils I want for the content I do. My warrior has 8 weapons for land-based combat, all with sigils appropriate for what I want to use them for. The other characters are used for whatever purposes I see fit and have the sigils that work for their builds. People besides your august self are capable of doing math.

And I’m not crying about Ascended. I think it is a mistake, but whatever, it’s been made. That doesn’t prevent me from being mad at myself for falling for the messages delivered.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

it is just boring… no matter how effective, or difficoult or easy are to get… it is boring. and if you want to change build you have to go on again because you can’t buy them… you can’t sell, you can’t do nothing! did somebody try to salvage an ascended ring? is it possible now?
so my guess is best gear will be celestial, so if you want to change build at least you don’t have to change gear… of course you are good at nothing and worst at nothing, you are just plain boring, but yeah…

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride