Ascended gear grind is OTT ridiculous

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I had a problem when I thought Ascended meant we were going to get a gear treadmill. It’s clear by now that we aren’t, so I’m fine with it.

The fact is, you don’t need the stats from Ascended to play content effectively, with the exception of high-end Fractals, and that gives you something long-term to shoot for.

It’s really not a big deal.

In fairness, it could be considered to be a big deal in WvW and for those speedclearing dungeons. Everything’s normalized in spvp, so there’s no topic to be had of its effect on that, buuuut…if one is running a Berserker build and changes nothing but going from full Exotics to full +5 power-infused Ascended (including weapons)?

Its very well shaping up to look like the actual output differences might be, depending on the power coefficients being referenced, between 10-25% when compared against a target with the same defense.

I think utility skills would be much less dramatically affected since they don’t (to my knowledge) factor for weapon strength and instead have their own internal level-based coefficients (though do factor for power and/or condition damage where applicable). So only the ascended increase of power (which can be significant) or condition damage (which kinda cannot be given how condi damage works as a stat) would factor for utility skills.

TL;DR – full +5 power-infused Power-primary ascended is significantly better than full Power-primary exotic. The differences would be far more negligible where additive stats are concerned.

Ergo, the differences between full Nomads exotic and ascended would be a joke, though there is nothing but pure win in upgrading from Berserker exotics to Berserker ascended.

I’d argue that Power is the most powerfully upgraded stat between full exo and full asc, so anything with Power as a primary is a good ascended path to go on.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Vision crystal – you can get one for logging in every 30 days or so with the new login benefits
Deldrimor steel – just run around maps and mine every ore node, or buy them.
Mithrilium – run around frostgorge or Orr, same as above. buy some, mine some. make it once a day.
Spiritwood – see above (replace ‘ore’ with ‘wood’)

best method: just do total map completion on some characters, preferebly non-80 characters to maximise your trips, and collect everything as you go. salvage anything blue or above with the appropriate kits (unless they’re better stats than what your non-80 has and can use) and once you hit a maximum count and/or new day is here and you have enough, switch to your crafter and make it real quick, then back to map completion.

It’s amazing how quickly you can make ascended this way. (on my third set of ascended gear, and i’m fairly casual about when i play.)

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

You forgot the most important stat: weapon strength. That gives you the remaining half of the 10-12%.

Actually, its trinkets that have the most dramatic effects. Edit: stat-wise, I should specify. Trinkets have the most dramatic stat-based effect. Armor’s is comparatively insignificant on its own (before infusions get factored for on either end).

I’ll make an example out of greatswords for brevity’s sake.

Exotic greatsword
Weapon Strength: 995-1100
Primary: 179
Secondary: 128

Ascended greatsword
Weapon Strength: 1045-1155
Primary: 188
Secondary: 134

Stat-wise, the differences are present but fairly negligible on their own. The difference in Weapon Strength must be assessed by contrasting their integer values via this equation —

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Now, just eyeballing that equation, I can tell you that you might very well be right, since the multipliers of weapon strength and power would are both increased in Ascended.

Someone with the time to dig up skill coefficients want to math out a contrast? I’d love to, but I’m typing from my phone at work.

Weapon strength has degree 1 in that equation and everything is multiplicative, so all you need to do is take direct ratios. (To see why, assume everything else in the equation is the exact same, and the only variable is weapon strength. Now the direct linear proportion should be clear.)

Another side note—we can do these same ratios for power, but not precision or ferocity (although unlike weapon strength, they can change during combat which is why I had to cite a lower and upper bound in my earlier post)

1100/1047.5 is approximately 1.05. Same for 1000/952.5. For those ratios I just took the average weapon strength for each range, i.e., 0.5*(1045+1155) = 1100.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

(edited by Dave.2536)

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The gains are negligible, that’s true, but it doesn’t mean they’re not there. Min-maxing might be viewed to be as extremist from some, but at the same time those that don’t want to have max stats can be viewed weird (like why don’t you want your character to preform at it’s best if you could allow it?) by those that do want to have them. The gain might not be specifically towards a set goal like speed running, or getting that extra edge over an opponent in WvW, but rather allowing your character to be at it’s best.
(Not to be rude, but this kind of falls into “You don’t need it”)

Yeah, don’t get me wrong in the sense that give me something for nothing , no. Exotics were fine to acquire as they were, I haven’t looked but I would be surprised that anyone complained. Plus since then they’ve added diminished returns, while with that they made it a bit harder it’s still not insane.

Gah… Originally, when I bought this game, I hopped that it would be like gw1 where at the end people chased titles, skins, and made alts without thinking much about gear. Plus at the rate of how you were able to acquire exotics upon release was promising to that as well. Ascended kind of disappointed me in that. Though that’s history, and more of a personal thing. The commitment aspect is what pains me the most though that coupled with “min-maxing”. It means that I better kitten well be sure that the build that I’m running with ascended gear is the build I will be happy with for quite some time. If I want to run another build for some time, then I better be a “hardcore WvW player” or someone with another strategy (for me it’s TP flipping) on acquiring the resources to craft another set.

(Falls into “It’s not a grind for me!”. Though yeah, this part and the one above is more of a “don’t be lazy” which some people do come off as)

It’s not so much of an issue as why it’s implemented in the first place. It is an artificial limiter for how fast people can acquire the gear without pony it up. Not sure what they tried to do there besides reduce the rate, I don’t think it was for balancing the markets or making them worthy either (as we know leather and metal is worth less than cloth in most tiers of crafting).

Don’t get me wrong; I understand my stance comes from someone who performs tasks in his daily ritual which contribute heavily to ascended materials gathering.

That said, if someone doesn’t WvW, doesn’t do dugeons for cash, doesn’t do fractals, and doesn’t do SW/open-world PvE… what exactly does this person do? Not to mention hardcore PvP players aren’t even interested in leveling/gearing, anyways. And why/how should they be rewarded? Last I checked, standing around doing nothing in the middle of a big city all day was an activity most homeless people do, and it makes sense that they do not live lives of luxury. Not saying they don’t deserve it as individuals, just that standing around doing nothing all day certainly doesn’t. Otherwise I think it’s safe to say everyone in the world would do nothing all day.

I also joined GW2 on the basis that all game modes were to be equally rewarding. And I think the game should pursue this further as much as it can. There are optimal ways of getting the materials, and yes I do believe it to be a bit of a concern that the materials themselves do not drop or drop well in some aspects of the game, but realistically, there should be some amount of effort needed to attain the best gear possible in the game. Like I also mentioned, it’s a commitment. Is getting a legendary necessary? No. Actually, it’s cost-prohibitive. You can make every stat combination of a given ascended weapon for less than most legendaries. You also don’t make a legendary mace for your guardian if you’re still on the fence of whether or not you might want to be maining your thief, instead. These kinds of decisions are meant to be truly at the end-game, where the player has a real and profound understanding of the game and what they intend to do with themselves. It is absolutely a commitment. And it’s one that each individual needs to weigh. That’s why I get kind of upset by the complaints about time-gating the materials for ascended armor (and even I believe these gates could be a bit faster), or about the price; in many cases, these complaints are made by mostly new-ish people or simply those who do not commit themselves to absolutely pushing the limits. A lot are people who follow the herd, so to speak.

DeceiverX.8361

(Continued)

Why were the stats bumped? Beats me. IIRC, legendaries held better stats before the release of ascended weapons and armor (I recall fondly the incinerator having over 1k base early on), so it was a necessary step for the weapons at least. Not to mention crafting was underwhelming for really anything but crafting celestial armor/weapons, and those seeking even some tiny amount of vertical progression were being denied that capability, which is ultimately just as unfair. I believe a negligible increase in potential power probably was the best business decision for ANet, since the content at hand is pretty much entirely optional. Yes, one could be stronger with ascended gear, but he could also probably be stronger by re-working his traits and min-maxing his stat distributions better, and meanwhile is absolutely 110% sure he knows exactly how he wants to play and build his given class/character.

I think it also punishes a lot of FOTM’ers who just hop to the next “OP.” It establishes a sense of permanence and kind of reinforces playing your favorite class/build. If you rushed that decision, I really can’t have mercy since again, this is the absolute epitome of end-game min-maxing, we’re talking about.

naiasonod.9265

I wouldn’t say that ascended is negligible in power builds, especially the zerk meta.

Just gonna be honest here; its not negligible at all where the Power stat is concerned. For anything additive…yeah, pretty negligible. Anything multiplicative? Not so negligible.

Posted by: zcearo.1897

zcearo.1897

ascended . . . Over The Top . . .

i just don’t know what to make of this whole thread

can we talk about spannungsbogen instead . . . or would that be “high” jacking

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

You forgot the most important stat: weapon strength. That gives you the remaining half of the 10-12%.

Actually, its trinkets that have the most dramatic effects. Edit: stat-wise, I should specify. Trinkets have the most dramatic stat-based effect. Armor’s is comparatively insignificant on its own (before infusions get factored for on either end).

Exotic greatsword

Ascended greatsword

Stat-wise, the differences are present but fairly negligible on their own. The difference in Weapon Strength must be assessed by contrasting their integer values via this equation —

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Now, just eyeballing that equation, I can tell you that you might very well be right, since the multipliers of weapon strength and power would are both increased in Ascended.

Someone with the time to dig up skill coefficients want to math out a contrast? I’d love to, but I’m typing from my phone at work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2o8efo/full_exotic_vs_full_ascended_gear_how_large_is/

full ascended versus full exotic with a power focus is minimally about 11% difference in damage, not counting more complex factors like crit rate and crit dmg (which can only increase the difference)

this also doesnt consider the stat boosts from infusions (which can add up to a lot actually)+5 power across 13 slots? so 65 power?

so yeah thats actually a very noticeable difference in damage.

as for the people saying armor is worthless, the main benefit is reducing damage, not the main stats. lets say its only 5% more defense, that makes a big difference when you start considering survivability heals/etc.

point is, the type of gains you get from ascended are actually pretty noticeable between full ascended and full exotic. killing 15% faster and taking % less damage can totally change what playstyles are available to you in order to win an encounter.

DeceiverX.8361

I wouldn’t say that ascended is negligible in power builds, especially the zerk meta.

Just gonna be honest here; its not negligible at all where the Power stat is concerned. For anything additive…yeah, pretty negligible. Anything multiplicative? Not so negligible.

I’d really have to argue otherwise. I kept very close detail of the difference between parts/set, and I can assure you that the difference is still absolutely negligible even under maximal multiplicative capacity.

Unless you’d like to argue that a 300% damage modifier isn’t good enough for multiplicative results – my thief build does indeed pack quite the hefty sum of multipliers.

The damage difference between ascended gear and exotics in terms of my absolutely bonkers damage scaling is…

Around 5 percent, still.

It’s actually really, really negligible.

naiasonod.9265

Exotic greatsword

Ascended greatsword

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2o8efo/full_exotic_vs_full_ascended_gear_how_large_is/

full ascended versus full exotic with a power focus is minimally about 11% difference in damage, not counting more complex factors like crit rate and crit dmg (which can only increase the difference)

this also doesnt consider the stat boosts from infusions (which can add up to a lot actually)+5 power across 13 slots? so 65 power?

as for the people saying armor is worthless, the main benefit is reducing damage, not the main stats. lets say its only 5% more defense, that makes a big difference when you start considering survivability heals/etc.

point is, the type of gains you get from ascended are actually pretty noticeable between full ascended and full exotic. *killing 15% faster and taking % less damage can totally change what playstyles are available to you in order to win an encounter. *

Check my other posts too, ya. I’m not saying any of its worthless, just that the armor is probably the least of an upgrade over exotics when compared to the trinkets especially, but also weapons.

I don’t think anyone is crippled or garbage to run around in full exotics, though what you said in the bolded part is also true.

I’d say that most people will need to really up their skill to see the most benefit out of ascended even where it gives the best bennies though. At its most drastic, ascended still won’t gear-carry anyone anywhere that exotics weren’t. Nothing like raid gear can in raidy-treadmill games in open world content, as a contrast example.

Anyone that doesn’t want to bottleneck their skill needs ascended gear though. That’s just the fact of it. Da math, it do not lie.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

4 hours of silverwastes last night got me 12 dragonite ingots, half a dozen empyreal stars, and more bloodstone dust than I could handle (deleted like a half dozen stacks). As well as gave me quite a bit of supplies and cash.

Basically with that rate, 2 hours of SW farming plus a bit of cash and you could make any ascended piece…2 hours.

Now, if only the bloodstone, dragonite and empyreals were the real problem here…

The damage difference between ascended gear and exotics in terms of my absolutely bonkers damage scaling is…

Around 5 percent, still.

Then you must be running a condi build, because for any power build, the increase is 5% from the base weapon damage alone, before even factoring-in the stats. For full zerk the difference in damage is around 20%.
That’s not negligible.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

Find it funny how you complain about getting gear for your other 4 toons, but as stated it is not needed.
But is you feel the need to complain about only 4 toons, then i need to create a flame tread since i have 46 level 80. and only 3-4 in full acendent, but i dont.
You dont need to be full acendent to complete anything, you can do everything in the game in exotic.

phys.7689

I’d really have to argue otherwise. I kept very close detail of the difference between parts/set, and I can assure you that the difference is still absolutely negligible even under maximal multiplicative capacity.

Unless you’d like to argue that a 300% damage modifier isn’t good enough for multiplicative results – my thief build does indeed pack quite the hefty sum of multipliers.

Around 5 percent, still.

according to the max presented, full ascended with full power infusions (5 more power) per slot(total 65) will give you 11%

that doesnt include effective damage from crit, and crit rate
so yeah its a noticeable difference

with crit rate and ferocity, assuming a power crit dmg trait set, it would be a difference of 24% over time.

so yeah, full ascended? not so negligible.

now, do you need ascended to win? aka dps checks? not really, are their some things you can burn than you cant burn if you are in all exotics? yeah.

is it a noticeable difference? definately.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

So if ascended are not necessary for completing content, then all the raid gears in other games aren’t necessary as well then?.. if so why is such a content not present in this game?.

I hear all the people here says that be forced to get raid gear to compete yet these are the same people telling us that you don’t need ascended, the double standard and stupidity is real.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

So if ascended are not necessary for completing content, then all the raid gears in other games aren’t necessary as well then?.. if so why is such a content not present in this game?.

I hear all the people here says that be forced to get raid gear to compete yet these are the same people telling us that you don’t need ascended, the double standard and stupidity is real.

Because in this game, difference between full exotic set + weapons and ascended set + weapons is ~10% in stats overall.
Meanwhile you’re trying to compare it to other games where the gap between standard gear(exotic) and top gear(ascended) is enormous to the point, that getting top gear is a must and top priority, because without it, majority of end game content along with further progression is inaccessible.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

If OP thinks ascended crafting is bad, I can’t wait to see his post when Anet releases the process for obtaining a precursor.

The thing is that precursors only count for Legendary weapons, which do not grant players an advantage over regular gear, so as long as they don’t make Legendaries more powerful than anything else, I don’t really care what’s going to happen to precursor crafting.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Mishee.5719

Mishee.5719

Welp noob succes doesn’t come easy or fast…

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Hi! I’ve made a full set of ascended armor and weapons for my main, and I thought I’d drop in here and offer my thoughts.

- If you have the materials, it’s a good idea to craft the timegated items beforehand. I was swimming in Mithril and Elderwood a while back, so I just made lumps/globs daily. When the time came to make my ascended axe, I could do it in <10 minutes because I had the timegated stuff available already.
- If you’re having problems getting the Vision Crystal, I recommend doing some Bandit Chest farming in the Silverwastes – 2 hours of farming will net you <>250 coin purses, which is great in itself, as well as 300 Empyreal Fragments and well over 500 Dragonite Ore.

- I also wouldn’t recommend making ascended gear for anything but your main. The stat increase is VERY minimal (Zerkers gear gives 3 more precision per piece than exotic) and is only really necessary for perfectionists/crafting enthusiasts. Dungeon groups won’t kick you for running exotics. Heck, it’s only functional use really is the infusion slots for fractals.

- In short, making ascended gear isn’t like making exotics, and it isn’t intended to be. It’s not intended to be a quick ‘gear out your toon’, it’s supposed to be its own adventure which you can approach in your own way. I won’t lie, it can definitely be grindy at times, but you can do things to alleviate that. While making my ascended gear, I made my character herself ascend, changing her hair and look to reflect her mastery of the profession. Granted lore isn’t for everyone, but it certainly made the more tedious parts of getting ascended gear more manageable for me.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

The stat increase is VERY minimal (Zerkers gear gives 3 more precision per piece than exotic) and is only really necessary for perfectionists/crafting enthusiasts.

orly?

Exotic greatsword

Ascended greatsword

point is, the type of gains you get from ascended are actually pretty noticeable between full ascended and full exotic. killing 15% faster and taking % less damage can totally change what playstyles are available to you in order to win an encounter.

&

Around 5 percent, still.

according to the max presented, full ascended with full power infusions (5 more power) per slot(total 65) will give you 11%

with crit rate and ferocity, assuming a power crit dmg trait set, it would be a difference of 24% over time.

now, do you need ascended to win? aka dps checks? not really, are their some things you can burn than you cant burn if you are in all exotics? yeah.

very minimal indeed.
kitten (I cannot believe d*rp is censored)

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Around 5 percent, still.

Can you kindly post in detail a comparison between the EP of full exotic and full ascended gear(with +5 power infusion on offensive infusion slots) and how you came up with the 24%?

You can use the most common meta build of warr 6/5/0/0/3 with 2 banners and 100% Fury uptime with 25 stacks of might and 25 stacks of vuln on the target.

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Snip

I was referring to non-infused armor pieces such as shoulders. I left out infusions because to get the +30 power you need insane amounts of materials for a miniscule reward, and only a small portion of ascended users will actually go for those infusions.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Posted by: BlackGuard.9602

BlackGuard.9602

Every NORMAL player wants and needs best stats.The dmg increase and % dmg recived due to faster killing rate is more then NOTICABLE.For greatsword increase of weapon DPS is 52.5 + all the power and crit dmg is closer to around 20 or more dmg then 5% hehe.only builds that dont have noticable gain from Ascended gear are condi builds,but they never were good anyway…

I see forum “you dont need ascended gear” trolls are as active as ever.Which is no surprize because they dont realy play the game…

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If OP thinks ascended crafting is bad, I can’t wait to see his post when Anet releases the process for obtaining a precursor.

The thing is that precursors only count for Legendary weapons, which do not grant players an advantage over regular gear, so as long as they don’t make Legendaries more powerful than anything else, I don’t really care what’s going to happen to precursor crafting.

Legendaries have the same stats as ascended, so you’re saying ascende is “regular” gear?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Ascended is a long term goal with a less than 5% stat increase.

Can we stop with the misinformation? The ascended weapon alone gives more than 5% dps.

Full ascended is about 9-12% stronger than full exotic. Sure it’s about 5% more stats, but weapon strength >>>>>>> stats.

PS: I don’t mean to single you out individually, but this misinformation is not helpful regardless of good/bad motive.

It’s not misinformation. Ascended equipment offers a 5% STAT increase. However, it is also true that with such a stat increase, there is also a small amount of a DPS increase.

For example: Exotic Beserker armor/(single handed) weapons provide 405 power, 288 precision, and 288 Ferocity.

Full Ascended is: 423 power, 302 precision, and 302 ferocity.

A difference of: 18 power, 14 precision, and 14 Ferocity.

An exotic weapon has a damage of 905-1000, and ascended has 950-1050.

So over all, its +45-50 damage, and 18 power, 14 precision, and 14 ferocity. Which is not a 9-12% increase in DPS. Unless you have the calculations on how much damage is increase by each point of power, how much crit chance in improved by each point of precision, and how much crit damage is increase per point of ferocity.

Again, it’s not misinformation.

Exotic weapon strength 952.5 average
Ascended weapon strength 1000 average

From weapon strength alone, +5.0% (which alone refutes the claim of “less than 5%”)

Full ascended zerker (armor/weapon/trinkets) is around +90 power/50 ferocity/50 precision over full exotic. Power is easy to calculate (~2400 power on full exotic with 6 in the power trait line, 2490 with full ascended ==> +3.75%).

+50 precision and ferocity would be a gain of at least 2% on the lower bound.

Multiplying all these things together...1.05 × 1.0375 × 1.02 = 1.11%

So 11% gives us a good baseline. Lower with more buffs (primarily power), and higher if our estimate of 2% should be significantly higher.

I’m also not here to argue semantics. The context of “stat” clearly was referencing performance, or overall dps, and even if not intended that way, would be perceived that way.

“Technically correct” no longer works for me when trying to spread misinformation.

PS: please don’t cite stat figures on exotic vs ascended without including jewelry, because the bulk of the stat points are there. For ascended weapons the bulk of the improvement is weapon strength, and for armor it is in armor rating.

Now make the calculation again as people wondering about it are often not speedrunnerts and people who know about it are.

In a dungeon my warrior has 25 stacks of might, dedicated dungeon weapons and food. I use exotics: so I have my warrior (phalanx, not failing strength) at 2554 base with tuffle steak it’s 2654 with might it’s 3404 my dmg multiplier is 31% from weapon and food alone (night dedicated), of 26% (general night/dedicated day)…
1 weapon costs about 7-8 gold
Of course you could combine the ascended weapon and the dedicated sigils, you’;d gain 37% dmg and 31% dmg respectively for the modest investment of 40-45 gold….

It would save you 650 gold for the armor, allowing you to make dedicated and general weapons for about 2-5 characters… depending on how many different dungeon you would do / character,

I mostly have an ascended weapon and 2 or 3 exotics dungeon replacements, mostly for night dungeons, I also have a arah set on my 2 most used orr farmers. Why not invest a few gold for 26% added dmg an 10% reduction in the WHOLE of Orr, I’m not going to bother myself worrying about ascended armor except on the 2 characters I favor for fractals… And they need 1 or 2 armor pieces… max …

I love the comments of people saying you need ascendeds… using food often outweighs it… Most people do not bother using food…

Now for a reflection on your stats and dmg calculation.
so it’s a 90 power addition on 3400 power.. and +5% strength? and 2% for precision and ferocity = ~9.9%…. for a whole ASCENDED set of armor,weapons AND trinkets setting you back about 750 gold?

It’s not 5% I agree but 11% means you are running a defensive runeset and no might.
I guess you’re playing wvw… it could be usefull there. having +5% armor..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Keep in mind that Ascended is losing ability if you are doing non-level 80 content.
Weapon strength gets capped by level and rarity. Levels 60-79 are capped at exotic weapon strength. Levels kitten are capped at super rare strength. Levels 30-44 are capped at rare strength. Levels 15-29 are capped at masterwork strength. Levels 1-14 are capped at fine strength. “Super rare” strength is a hidden value between rares and exotics.

This means, if you are doing non-80 content that extra Weapon Strength from Ascended isn’t being used -at all-. I think a similar cap is in place for Armor values too.

As for attributes, check the caps here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DBgIaO4OW_HHi_nEgtfH35kxEl7GaE7MbLKVVlVkKmM/edit#gid=0

So you know when your Ascended is surpassing the limit of the level.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Every NORMAL player wants and needs best stats.The dmg increase and % dmg recived due to faster killing rate is more then NOTICABLE.For greatsword increase of weapon DPS is 52.5 + all the power and crit dmg is closer to around 20 or more dmg then 5% hehe.only builds that dont have noticable gain from Ascended gear are condi builds,but they never were good anyway…

I see forum “you dont need ascended gear” trolls are as active as ever.Which is no surprize because they dont realy play the game…

Every normal player. Best line ever.

There are no normal players, at least not as you mean average. But I’d wager more than 50% of the population doesn’t care about best stats. I have no idea why you’d think they do. Hell, probably 50% of the population has never been to a Guild Wars 2 site, doesn’t know what the meta is and they just log on and kill stuff.

I’m a hard core player and I don’t particularly care about the best stats. People who min/max have always been a minority, not a majority.

naiasonod.9265

I’ve had like, half a bottle of Glenlivet 18 tonight, and all I have to say in furtherance of this discussion is…

…If you’re old enough to drink whiskey, drink the good stuff please? It costs a little more, but don’t waste your youth drinking engine polish out of plastic bottles.

Also, Ascended gear is good stuff, but you only need it if you want to squeeze every advantage out that you can. You’re not gonna be horrible, no good trash if you show up to anything except higher-end fractals wearing full exotics.

Get good at your class. That’ll still matter far more at the end of the matter irrespective.

And…cheers! Back to enjoying my whiskey I go.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

naiasonod, I could not agree more.

If only people spent as much time trying to play their class better as they do worrying about minuscule stat increases…

One – Piken Square

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Every normal player. Best line ever.

There are no normal players, at least not as you mean average. But I’d wager more than 50% of the population doesn’t care about best stats. I have no idea why you’d think they do. Hell, probably 50% of the population has never been to a Guild Wars 2 site, doesn’t know what the meta is and they just log on and kill stuff.

I’m a hard core player and I don’t particularly care about the best stats. People who min/max have always been a minority, not a majority.

You man win the internet today. It’s been quite some time since the last CDI that I have seen this amount of wisdom in a single forum post.

I’m in a casual guild and 75% of the players i play with do not give a da*n about the meta. They instinctively understand that ascended is better than exotic (and thus would like to have it), but most if not all of them are rebuked by the price tag.

That’s also the reason why people craft 18 slots bag instead of 20 slots bags. They don’t like paying an extra 8 gold for just 2 more slots.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: LĂ©vis.5489

LĂ©vis.5489

I wasn’t that interested in getting ascended gear, but now i have all the ascended medium armor except the helmet, all ascended accessories and three ascended weapons on my ranger. And i consider myself to be quite poor, i never gotten above 200g in gold.

phys.7689

Around 5 percent, still.

Can you kindly post in detail a comparison between the EP of full exotic and full ascended gear(with +5 power infusion on offensive infusion slots) and how you came up with the 24%?

You can use the most common meta build of warr 6/5/0/0/3 with 2 banners and 100% Fury uptime with 25 stacks of might and 25 stacks of vuln on the target.

vulnerability can be ignored, it is a % damage increase, so it will maintain the ratio
stacks of might will lower the % of damage you get boosted via power, but it will increase the effectiveness of your weapon damage.

you can do the math yourself and see the ratio

weapon dmg*power
to consider the effect of crit rate and crit damage, figure 34% of the time you will do Crit damage X weapon dmg*power
so just looking at the factors that change your formula will look like
weapon dmg*power x (1+(crit rate * crit dmg))
divide the ascended values over the exotic values and you see your average difference.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQFABEAAAMD1A-TxRDwAJUC2T53L1fApDg6+BmWQAg5PA-e

so conisdering might

1100×3333x(1+(.39×2.20))
1047.5×3178 x (1+(.37×2.17))

looks like 13% difference with full might.

my 24% was off i think i had a sigil in one and not the other.
without might it should be…
15% effective difference.

so yeah made a mistake 11% base difference, 13-15% difference including crit depending on how much might you have
interestingly enough, looks like the % difference will increase if you arent running power in your traits.

may come out different with precision bonus as opposed to crit dmg bonus. but probably not much, since its probably gonna be 2% increase regardless

regardless 13-15% more damage isnt a ignorable amount. If content actually gets more challenging, you can definately expect people to be pushing for 13% more dmg, or effective hp and heals.

its actually a pretty large difference between ascended, its just that content is pretty easy, so ascended is generally more about overkill.

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

@Phys

The %difference increases if you don’t have power in your traits because the stat boost obtained by going from exo to ascended is the same whereas the base level of power is lower.

And since, %increase = stat increase/base stats …. well, you know where this is going.

Same thing happens when speed clearers players tell you that stacking 25 might gives a higher %damage increase when wielding cleric than when wielding zerk. (Note : I said %damage increase not raw damage increase).

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Just an additional post:
To show the change of a ascended weapon and armor vs exotics.
Be aware the utility is dungeon specific utility (+10% dmg done, – 10% dmg received)
This utility food will also offset the added armor on full ascended armor…. though you will still have some additional benefit with your 650 gold armor.

I’ve been a bit generic and have taken +5% dmg from the Ascended weapon and 10% from a FULL ascended geared character, Mind you most people already have ascended trinkets on their characters, and the differences between ascended trinkets and exotic trinkets is marginal. This calculatrion doesn’t compare builds it’s the difference in DPS based on weapons (exotic/ascended) and additional gear (exotic/ascended), with an additional utility food addition. basic choice of sigils (static boosts) I haven’t included ascended armor without weapons as it will not add to the damage.

This list is mostly usefull for dungeons and fractals, but could be used for locations as ORR, Fireheart rise and frostgorge where 1 type of spawn roams much of the country side.

-Dungeon food is generally VERY cheap (2-8 s per use lasting an hour)
-Sigils beeing night and dungeon specific for night dungeon
-Sigils beeing force and dungeon specific for day dungeon, which is the same as generic night being force and night. so these values can be used for generic night sets.

These lists are a speed comparison: when using a lvl 80 exotic based charater with no damage influencing food or sigils you will kill a monster in 20 hits (calculation example) using x hits you’ll need x setup giving x-boost with a fictional cost (ascended armor set at 660 gold (more then exotic) ,ascended wepon at 40, price for exotic weapon 7gold, sigil of night 2.5 gold, force 5 gold, dungeon specific sigils well 50 s…, dungeon specific foor ~5s)

@l80:
Present Night dungeons is CoE (lvl 80), oh and some Fractals…
Present Day dungeon are HotW(80), Arah(80) and some Fractals

kill in 20 hits Exotic, without utility/sigils ( +0% ) (7 gold)
kill in 19 hits Exotic without utility with sigil of force ( +5% ) (12 gold)
kill in 19 hits Ascended (weapon) without utility ( +5% ) (40 gold)
kill in 18 hits Exotic with utility, without sigils ( +10% ) (7 gold, 5 silver)
kill in 18 hits Ascended (weapon) without utility with sigil of force ( +10% ) (45 gold)
kill in 18 hits full Ascended without utility/ sigils ( +10% ) (700 gold)
kill in 17 hits Exotic with utility and sigil of force ( +15% ) (12 gold, 5 silver)
kill in 16 hits Exotic without utility, with dungeon sigils (day) ( +15% ) (12.5 gold)
kill in 16 hits Exotic without utility, with dungeon sigils (night) ( +21% ) (10 gold)
kill in 16 hits Ascended (weapon) with utility with sigil of force ( +21% ) (45 gold, 5 silver)
kill in 16 hits full Ascended with utility, without sigils ( +21% ) (700 gold, 5 silver)
kill in 15 hits full Ascended with utility and sigil of force ( +26,5% ) (705 gold, 5 silver)
kill in 15 hits Exotic with utility and dungeon sigils (day) ( +26.5% ) (12,5 gold, 5 silver)
kill in 14 hits full Ascended without utility with dungeon sigils(day) ( +26.5% ) 45 gold 55s
kill in 14 hits Exotic with utility and dungeon sigils (night) ( +33% ) (10 gold 5 silver)
kill in 14 hits full Ascended without utility with dungeon sigils(night) ( +33% ) (43,5 gold)
kill in 14 hits Ascended weapon with dungeon sigils (day) and utility ( +33% )(45,55 gold)
kill in 12 hits Ascended weapon with dungeon sigils (night) and utility ( +39,5 ) 43.5 gold 5s
kill in 12 hits full Ascended with utility (day) and sigils ( +39,5% ) 705,5 gold 5s
kill in 11 hits full Ascended with utility (night) and sigils ( +46,5% ) 703.5 gold 5s

For levels 1-79 these stats are different, read carefully:
Present Night dungeons are: AC (l35), TA(l55),(SE l65),CoF(lv75)
Present Day dungeons is CM (45)

Kill in 20 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended without utility/sigils ( +0% )
kill in 19 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended without utility with sigil of force ( +5% )
kill in 18 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended with utility, without sigils ( +10% )
kill in 17 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended with utility and sigil of force ( +15% )
kill in 16 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended without utility, with dungeon sigils (day) ( +15% )
kill in 16 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended without utility, with dungeon sigils (night) ( +21% )
kill in 15 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended with utility and dungeon sigils (day) ( +26.5% )
kill in 14 hits Exotic/(full)Ascended with utility and dungeon sigils (night) ( +33% )

(!) But the prices remain the same as in the previous table…

HoT will feature l80 content only… if HoT adds night time dungeons it would be very nice.

A day set will work in a night setting, but a night set not in a day setting. (due to the fact force is always up, and night only during night.

Why can’t I type kitten kitten being fortyyfive and a half.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

And before anyone says you don’t need Ascended gear: YOU ARE WRONG. Of course you need Ascended gear, why else is it there? Why else have they have given it better stats than Exotic gear? By that logic we would not need any gear at all since people can solo dungeons not wearing any armour whatsoever. Like, durr, why do we need any armour in GW2 at all when we can clear content in our underwear?
Whichever gear gives the best stats is what we NEED.

Let me try and explain this in a simple way.

There is exotic armor. Which is high end stats that is usable for all content in this game. I don’t mean “durr” it’s basically paper armor and is crap. It’s legitimately good armor. Now one month into game release, people had their exotic armor and began to complain about having nothing to work towards. So Ascended armor was released which is a slight improvement over Exotic armor, but has a time sink so that the hard-core players had something to occupy them while at the same time not making Exotic gear obsolete for those that don’t want to deal in time-sinks.

That’s it, man. You don’t need Ascended armor. In fact, you can even get your AR to 55 without Ascended armor, just infused trinkets, meaning you can essentially do all content including up to FoTM49 without ever needing to invest in Ascended armor/weapons.

I’m not not saying you can barely scrape by content in Exotic gear like people do naked. No you can faceroll content in this game in Exotic gear. Exotic gear is like a sports car with let’s say 1000hp. Ascended gear is like a sports car that costs twice as much and has 1050hp. Your argument is “yea but it’s faster! So I need it!”

You will find no sympathy here, my friend.

PS LOL at 5 Days being far too long for you to have to put up with in order to get the absolute best weapons in the game. Big L O freaking L….

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

they did admit they made a mistake that they didn’t expect players to get exos so early in the game.

They also said that they intended for us to get exotics even easier/earlier than happened.

DeceiverX.8361

Around 5 percent, still.

Maybe for people with like 2.1k power running no offensive traits or modifiers that damage is substantial as an increase.

But that’s kind of the way it is for everyone. It’s like saying that using soldier’s weapons on a dire condi player bumped their base damage substantially. Of course it did.

But when you’re playing a real DPS build/trait setup, and are sittin at around 3k base power with no might/stacks, the damage bonus is quite literally negligible.

So okay, full power modifiers on someone with no stacks/real power as a stat might have it be more effective, but that’s just basic math dictating a larger percentage of x stat is coming from increases to baseline numbers that are already low.

phys.7689

Around 5 percent, still.

Maybe for people with like 2.1k power running no offensive traits or modifiers that damage is substantial as an increase.

But that’s kind of the way it is for everyone. It’s like saying that using soldier’s weapons on a dire condi player bumped their base damage substantially. Of course it did.

But when you’re playing a real DPS build/trait setup, and are sittin at around 3k base power with no might/stacks, the damage bonus is quite literally negligible.

So okay, full power modifiers on someone with no stacks/real power as a stat might have it be more effective, but that’s just basic math dictating a larger percentage of x stat is coming from increases to baseline numbers that are already low.

i just did the math on person with full stats in the post i linked, the difference is 13-15% with crit, and 10-11% without.
13% damage is noticeable increase and thats 13% more for dude who is already hitting like a truck.
a dude who used to hit for 5.3k would see 6k damage, 10.6k is 12k damage. its not negligeable
only because the content is easy do people say it doesnt matter.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Around 5 percent, still.

vulnerability can be ignored, it is a % damage increase, so it will maintain the ratio
stacks of might will lower the % of damage you get boosted via power, but it will increase the effectiveness of your weapon damage.

you can do the math yourself and see the ratio

weapon dmg*power
to consider the effect of crit rate and crit damage, figure 34% of the time you will do Crit damage X weapon dmg*power
so just looking at the factors that change your formula will look like
weapon dmg*power x (1+(crit rate * crit dmg))
divide the ascended values over the exotic values and you see your average difference.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQFABEAAAMD1A-TxRDwAJUC2T53L1fApDg6+BmWQAg5PA-e

so conisdering might

1100×3333x(1+(.39×2.20))
1047.5×3178 x (1+(.37×2.17))

looks like 13% difference with full might.

my 24% was off i think i had a sigil in one and not the other.
without might it should be…
15% effective difference.

so yeah made a mistake 11% base difference, 13-15% difference including crit depending on how much might you have
interestingly enough, looks like the % difference will increase if you arent running power in your traits.

may come out different with precision bonus as opposed to crit dmg bonus. but probably not much, since its probably gonna be 2% increase regardless

regardless 13-15% more damage isnt a ignorable amount. If content actually gets more challenging, you can definately expect people to be pushing for 13% more dmg, or effective hp and heals.

its actually a pretty large difference between ascended, its just that content is pretty easy, so ascended is generally more about overkill.

I already did the math before asking you)

Strictly speaking of berserkers stats, you get around 7.5% more EP when jumping to ascended and factoring in 5% difference for weapons so you get 12.875% more damage on ascended berserkers.

Another factor is that ascended weapon is not hard at all to make. I’d say you can factor out the 5% and be left with a 7.5% difference only.

That 7.5% difference is even easier to cover by just signing in daily(laurels) and doing guild missions for a few weeks.

Armor give around 31% of stats from gear, so realistically speaking, its around 2.325% difference for a casual guy who actually cares about getting ascended.

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

The actual value of ascended to all modifiers is a small one. Just the raw effects of ascended and full including ascended armor are 5% and 10% on top of the exotic.

But you can get another %’s for almost nothing , so why bother too much with paying 700 gold premium, unless you got a real purpose…:

The sigil of force will NOT scale, it will stay 5% for 5 gold
The sigil of night will NOT scale, it will stay 10% during night for 1 gold 30
The sigil of X slaying will NOT scale, it will stay 10% vs a certain foe (risen?) for couple of silvers…
The powerful potions of x-slaying will NOT scale and cost a couple of silvers each…

The ascended weapon will downscale DMG to an exotic or even lower @ lower levels staring from 79
The exotic weapons will downscale DMG to a rare or even lower @ lower levels starting from 65…

Ascended’s are usefull when running Orr, Drytop, Silverwastes and a small part of Frostgorge sound and also in Fractals, Arah, HotW and CoE, WvW and EotM.

In all other area’s it’s downscaled. For your 700 gold investment you’ll get 0% return, IMHO it is a bit low in 85% of the present tyria? When HoT is released the relative value of ascended will go UP as there is more lvl 80 area.

phys.7689

The actual value of ascended to all modifiers is a small one. Just the raw effects of ascended and full including ascended armor are 5% and 10% on top of the exotic.

But you can get another %’s for almost nothing , so why bother too much with paying 700 gold premium, unless you got a real purpose…:

The sigil of force will NOT scale, it will stay 5% for 5 gold
The sigil of night will NOT scale, it will stay 10% during night for 1 gold 30
The sigil of X slaying will NOT scale, it will stay 10% vs a certain foe (risen?) for couple of silvers…
The powerful potions of x-slaying will NOT scale and cost a couple of silvers each…

The ascended weapon will downscale DMG to an exotic or even lower @ lower levels staring from 79
The exotic weapons will downscale DMG to a rare or even lower @ lower levels starting from 65…

Ascended’s are usefull when running Orr, Drytop, Silverwastes and a small part of Frostgorge sound and also in Fractals, Arah, HotW and CoE, WvW and EotM.

In all other area’s it’s downscaled. For your 700 gold investment you’ll get 0% return, IMHO it is a bit low in 85% of the present tyria? When HoT is released the relative value of ascended will go UP as there is more lvl 80 area.

because the % you are talking about are applied multiplicatively.
sigil of force isnt +5% its 1.05%

this is it it does what it says and adds 5% damage. it it adds 5% to your weapon damage or something that may be different, but i believe its a straight multiplier.

as far as being downscaled, yeah this may be true, but the future of the game is now at cap, they have set up a leveling system they can apply to new areas. chances are most if not all new content will be at cap.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

IMO, all accessories other than the back item should be excluded from comparisons because of how widely available they are to get unlike the others. The bulk of your stat increases, and thus your damage boost, comes from them. It would be misleading to include these in a discussion such as this one.

phys.7689

IMO, all accessories other than the back item should be excluded from comparisons because of how widely available they are to get unlike the others. The bulk of your stat increases, and thus your damage boost, comes from them. It would be misleading to include these in a discussion such as this one.

actually bulk of your dmg increase of from the weapon, and the bulk of your defense increase is from the armor.
oh yeah and infusions are pretty big boost if you choose to stack them

Ayrilana.1396

actually bulk of your dmg increase of from the weapon, and the bulk of your defense increase is from the armor.

The defense increase is very insignificant. Do a comparison without the stat increases from the earrings, rings, and necklace. The bulk of the damage increase gained from an ascended weapon comes from the stat increases. Without any stat increases, the benefits from the increased damage modifier is only about 5%.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

phys.7689

The defense increase is very insignificant. Do a comparison without the stat increases from the earrings, rings, and necklace. The bulk of the damage increase gained from an ascended weapon comes from the stat increases. Without any stat increases, the benefits from the increased damage modifier is only about 5%.

the largest single gain you can get from changing 1 piece is the weapon.
all the accessories are probably noticeable, but thats 6 pieces

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

well, recap:

Ascended armor has no other functionality atm other then the infusion slots and a 5% higher armor rate which is useless in most content now present as we know when to dodge… In WVW and in fractals it has a benifit being stronger in defence and infusble, and it will add a few points.

ascended weapons will add 5% damage and therefore have use @ lvl 80.

ascended trinkets are more usefull then exotics, due to the fact they are infusable. the stat increase isn’t very high. nominally.

All things combined weapons/armor and trinkets give a +5% stat boost, a +5% dmg and a +5% to defence

Armor 2% stats on total.. +5% def @ lvl 80 for 650 gold 6 infusion slots.
weapon 1% stats on total.. +5% dmg @ lvl 80 for 40 gold 1 or 2 infusion slots
trinkets 2% stats on total… for well 10 gold and time. 5-7 infusion slots
backpack +0.2 stats on total for 100
gold 1 i or 2 infusion slots

The stats on trinkets are 5% higher compared to exotic trinkets, as are armor and weapon, but together they add 5% tot the total, so only a weapon will ad 1% stats and 5% dmg…

And it will account for a slight boost, power and dmg strongly negated if a player is used to high might and fury uptimesin the case of Zerk.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So 5 days for the best weapon in the game is outrageous to the OP?

You do realize that prior to Ascended gear, you had to craft a Legendary and I’m guessing that took MUCH longer than 5 days to obtain (sans plunking down the cash to buy the thing off the TP…..(which the idea that you can do that seems outrageous to me)).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Ayrilana.1396

the largest single gain you can get from changing 1 piece is the weapon.
all the accessories are probably noticeable, but thats 6 pieces

A single piece, yes.

It costs roughly 105G to level one of the weapon crafts to 500 by placing sell orders. Each weapon costs between 40-50G if ingredients are bought on buy orders. So your first weapon costs about 150G and this average drops with each additional weapon that you craft as the cost for leveling the craft gets distributed across each weapon crafted.

This is much more manageable than armor which would set players back about 446G for their first set of light armor factoring in tailor leveling costs.

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Totally agree with the OP. Ascended is not fun, a huge grind and not even worth it on any level.

The reality is that ANET want’s it to be SUPER GRINDY to force players into spending real money on gold to then buy auction house materials.

It worked on me. I dropped 20$ last week just to turn into gold and then into silk off the TP. 20$ btw bought me almost enough silk to make 2/3’s of ascended set.

Want a legendary? It will cost you about 500$ of real money. 200$ for the precursor and the rest for mats. When you see it in real money numbers it really puts it into perspective. It’s a complete waist of time and money unless you have money just sitting around to blow (I realize many do)

Jokes on me I guess.

Really you should just buy gold with money because the grinding is so horribly unproductive in GW2 generally. Did you see the thread about opening 1000+ bags? Basically the only reason to grind is that you’re a broke student who has more time than money. If you can even spend 10$ or 20$ you can save 100’s of hours grinding.

Too bad they have a real money AH. Real money AH almost killed Diablo 3, luckily though Blizzard is a very intelligent company who can change direction on the balls of their feet. I used to hate blizzard now I realize they’re literally the best in the business. One of the few companies that will actually learn and change from mistakes.

Something I’ve heard about large corporations is that it’s becomes hard for lessers to tell the boss anything because they become afraid of not fitting in or saying something the boss doesn’t want to hear. Totally explains the living story and trading post.

Ayrilana.1396

The reality is that ANET want’s it to be SUPER GRINDY to force players into spending real money on gold to then buy auction house materials.

Proof?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Totally agree with the OP. Ascended is not fun, a huge grind and not even worth it on any level.

It worked on me. I dropped 20$ last week just to turn into gold and then into silk off the TP. 20$ btw bought me almost enough silk to make 2/3’s of ascended set.

Want a legendary? It will cost you about 500$ of real money. 200$ for the precursor and the rest for mats. When you see it in real money numbers it really puts it into perspective. It’s a complete waist of time and money unless you have money just sitting around to blow (I realize many do)

Jokes on me I guess.

Really you should just buy gold with money because the grinding is so horribly unproductive in GW2 generally. Did you see the thread about opening 1000+ bags? Basically the only reason to grind is that you’re a broke student who has more time than money. If you can even spend 10$ or 20$ you can save 100’s of hours grinding.

Too bad they have a real money AH. Real money AH almost killed Diablo 3, luckily though Blizzard is a very intelligent company who can change direction on the balls of their feet. I used to hate blizzard now I realize they’re literally the best in the business. One of the few companies that will actually learn and change from mistakes.

Something I’ve heard about large corporations is that it’s becomes hard for lessers to tell the boss anything because they become afraid of not fitting in or saying something the boss doesn’t want to hear. Totally explains the living story and trading post.

Something I’ve heard about people is that when they have big egos, they think everything they disagree with is wrong, and assume by default that other people are only out to exploit them for money. Totally explains this post.

It’s a pretty long way back down here to Earth, but when you get here, do yourself a favor and google the word “patience.” It’s a pretty neat idea, and it might even save you from throwing away money on something you’ll eventually have anyway.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)