At this rate...a big let down.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Yes with the new LS 2 things are better but with Anet’s big silence treatment with no expansion pack in sight and still unwilling to give us the time of day, I’m now down to dailies and monthlies and 1 day of LS per 2 weeks. At this rate even the added content will take a full 4 months to give us 1 map, proof look at Dry Top after 1 month of content it’s 25% the size of Brisband Wildland.

It takes 2 months for 1 map to be created and ready based on 5 years of production for 25 zones and 5 cities which is what GW 2 started with and don’t forget Anet had 170 employees when it started the game by the time they finished it they were about 330 and now 370.

The company is getting bigger yearly and still producing at a freak’in turtle pace. I started on day one of GW 1. Anet’s the company that gave me faith in MMO’s and also the one who’s making me loose faith in MMO’s.

So I guess It’s dailies until the 29th and then I’ll see you back in Dry Top for a full day of excitement in 12% of added zone content. Anet you’re becoming a big let down.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I honestly feel like the release of LS content is just to give them an easier time to develop material. An expansion would mean everything would have to be ready to drop at once, and I have a feeling the LS is an escape from that

I’m tired of people saying we should be satisfied with what we’ve been given so far. Supporters of the current structure can name the things we’ve all received and be finished in a paragraph. That alone should alarm them as they’re typing… but sadly it doesn’t

Edit: For those that would say a wardrobe system is worth 2 years of development time… c’mon now!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

Wanna stop complaining it’s a dead horse,there won’t be a KittyKittenKittele change until there’s players who enjoy and play regardless of game quality until there’s at least 50.000 player drop with increase they wont give a KittyKittenedKittalas about our KitKatCat opinion in the forums.

Understand,Accept and leave it be.

mrauls.6519

Could barely read what you said LOL

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

How about you log in once every 2 weeks, but DON’T play the content, do this for 1 year. It should feel like an expansion then.

mrauls.6519

Why should we not log in though :S we enjoy the game, it’s the reason we’re on the forums now posting our opinion. What you’re offering isn’t a solution but a pseudo feeling of receiving what we’re asking for

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Taygus.4571

Why should we not log in though :S we enjoy the game, it’s the reason we’re on the forums now posting our opinion. What you’re offering isn’t a solution but a pseudo feeling of receiving what we’re asking for

Ok log in, but don’t play LS

This is basically how it works in games that do expansions.No new content for months on end.
It’s what you’re asking for, so don’t play LS for 1 year. There’s your expansion.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This is basically how it works in games that do expansions.No new content for months on end.
It’s what you’re asking for, so don’t play LS for 1 year. There’s your expansion.

Not even close to enough content for an expansion after 2 years, much less 1.

Hybarf Tics.2048

I lost faith in them. Don’t get me wrong I still love the game and creativity. Which is why I will still log in on a regular basis but play no more than an hour a day and 1 day every 2 weeks.

Logging in to activate stories but play only every 6 months is not the way to go I guarantee you’ll be playing alone while others are in the fresher content.

Here’s the bottom line.
2000 to 2005.
From 3 to 170 employees have produced GW1

2005 to 2007
6 months later the full campaign Factions
6 more months later Nightfall campaign
10 months later the expansion Eye of the North.
During those 10 months they even had been working on Utopia which they dumped
in favor of Eye of The North.

2007 to 2012
From 170 to 370 to produce GW 2.
August 2012 release date.
3 months later a new map “Southsun Cove” which had nothing to do with the storyline but where your character can now take a vacation…WoW
Labyrinthine Cliffs July 2013 not an official map based on wiki still fun after 2 festivals but getting old.
Dry Top 1/8 of a map July 1st.
Dry Top 1/8 of the same map, at this rate Dry Top will be completed and the same size as Brisband Wildlands by the end of October.
Don’t get me wrong I still love the game but this is not the same Anet as GW 1’s days with 2 very important founders and some staff gone some of which I’m sure didn’t like the direction the company was taking, nothing new here it happens everywhere but Anet is no longer the quality company it used to be. Yeah you might even say I’ve stopped being a fanboy and I’m now simply a dissatisfied player.

The rumor is for an expansion pack for 2015 at the rate things are going it better be a good and big expansion or Anet won’t last another 5 years and that would be sad. Ok time for me to buy an FPS while I wait for July 29th’s 1/8 th of added Dry Top content.
Did I mention it takes 4 months for 1/8 th of a map? Lucky for us they have more than 1 team working on each LS. Could have been worse. No applause please.

(edited by Moderator)

Hybarf Tics.2048

Not even close to enough content for an expansion after 2 years, much less 1.

Yeah makes you wonder what school he went to. Any good expansion is at least half of the original title and we’re getting one zone a year. The new LS system is now kicking in high gear with the equivalent of 3 zones a year. Don’t log in for a year indeed. At this rate it would be more the equivalent of don’t log in for 5 years.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

So, what do you want?

Do people want to go back to WoW’s method of one new raid content patch once every three months? In which you get done the stuff in either a month or less unless you are grinding for gear?

Even ghostcrawler admitted that they, blizzard, who have more employees than anet, could NOT keep up with the demand.

Anet even said before that they don’t want to be like other MMOs (which is good because the genre is getting stale, hence why some old things like mob tagging are going away, and EQNext is looking to make smart AIs (I’ll believe it when it happens)).

So anet isn’t looking to just release a whole expansion at once, they seem to be doing it through LS. If we hit a milestone in the story like where the minister is going, it may reveal a new profession. We don’t know, and we don’t know exactly if this is the method.

After for the deaf ear, there was a discussion with john smith about the economy yesterday as he fielded questions. We had the community developments before where Chris took time to talk and post on the forums even on his days off (I do hope these come back too). We had Q&As where a topic about a department was selected and you could ask questions, where someone there would try best to answer.

Lastly, if you haven’t noticed yet, the second anet says they are going to ‘try’ to implement something, it is taken as a promise. And if it fails, then everyone rages at them for failing to deliver on it. So they have to stay quiet on some things, that no amount of pressure will allow them to spill. I mean, if your boss told you to keep something quiet, and you continued to blab about it to the forums, would you be working there for long?

Also, forums =/= majority of players.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Any good expansion is at least half of the original title

For example ? Honestly curious here. I know that WoW didn’t match your claim, what games do ?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Any good expansion is at least half of the original title

For example ? Honestly curious here. I know that WoW didn’t match your claim, what games do ?

Its also a question about how big or small the original game was.
Personally the biggest expansion i have seen was Echoes of Faydwer, that was the third EQ2 expansion that was released 2 years after the original game.
It was maybe nearly as big as the original game.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Sharky.5024

Sharky.5024

Guild Wars 2 was officially announced 23 months after the release of Guild Wars Prophecies and a year ago ArenaNet already admitted that they are working on certain „long term projects“. So maybe they will unveil the development of a next generation mmo soon…

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Guild Wars 2 was officially announced 23 months after the release of Guild Wars Prophecies and a year ago ArenaNet already admitted that they are working on certain „long term projects“. So maybe they will unveil the development of a next generation mmo soon…

With mounts! And permanent, challenging content, with a subscription and no cashshop! Instanced raids!

It’s as good as promised, we’re waiting, ArenaNet.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

So, what do you want?

Do people want to go back to WoW’s method of one new raid content patch once every three months? In which you get done the stuff in either a month or less unless you are grinding for gear?

Even ghostcrawler admitted that they, blizzard, who have more employees than anet, could NOT keep up with the demand.

Anet even said before that they don’t want to be like other MMOs (which is good because the genre is getting stale, hence why some old things like mob tagging are going away, and EQNext is looking to make smart AIs (I’ll believe it when it happens)).

So anet isn’t looking to just release a whole expansion at once, they seem to be doing it through LS. If we hit a milestone in the story like where the minister is going, it may reveal a new profession. We don’t know, and we don’t know exactly if this is the method.

After for the deaf ear, there was a discussion with john smith about the economy yesterday as he fielded questions. We had the community developments before where Chris took time to talk and post on the forums even on his days off (I do hope these come back too). We had Q&As where a topic about a department was selected and you could ask questions, where someone there would try best to answer.

Lastly, if you haven’t noticed yet, the second anet says they are going to ‘try’ to implement something, it is taken as a promise. And if it fails, then everyone rages at them for failing to deliver on it. So they have to stay quiet on some things, that no amount of pressure will allow them to spill. I mean, if your boss told you to keep something quiet, and you continued to blab about it to the forums, would you be working there for long?

Also, forums =/= majority of players.

Why do people always bring up raids, when people ask for more content?
Content does not automatically mean more raids.
(WoW is the worse example to use. At least, they add extra content besides raids, such as Scenarios, Crafting, Dungeons, new Zones, World Bosses, more Raids, BGs, Tiered Armor Sets, Mounts, Minipets, Pet Battles, Achievements, Quests, etc.. and these are all added after an expansion)

Content = Karka Queen, Triple Wurm, Tequatl, EotM, Skills, Weapons, Armor, Traits, Zones, Dungeons, Fractals, Jumping Puzzles, WvW, SPvP, World Bosses, Champions, Dynamic Events, Map Completions, Heart Tasks, Professions, Crafting, Races, Customization, Dyes, Wardrobe, etc…

GW2 has this content, and people want more of this. Some of it has been upgraded, changed, and implemented, but the rate at which it’s implemented has been really slow. This is the major complaint from most people. It’s not about adding raids.

(edited by nexxe.7081)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Lastly, if you haven’t noticed yet, the second anet says they are going to ‘try’ to implement something, it is taken as a promise.

And sometimes they state that they are going to do something, and then do not follow through.

So they have to stay quiet on some things, that no amount of pressure will allow them to spill. I mean, if your boss told you to keep something quiet, and you continued to blab about it to the forums, would you be working there for long?

I don’t think that many people are upset with individual devs or employees for not being more forthcoming. Its the, “boss,” who disallows communication that you reference that seems likely to be the target of player dissatisfaction.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

So, what do you want?

I’d rather have the system they used in Guild Wars. A entirely new campaign, fully polished, that offers the option to experience it with either a new or existing character released once every two years sounds pretty swell to me; especially considering such a model offered new races, classes, regions, skills, and weapon and armor skins.

Beldin.5498

Lastly, if you haven’t noticed yet, the second anet says they are going to ‘try’ to implement something, it is taken as a promise.

And sometimes they state that they are going to do something, and then do not follow through.

Yeah .. they did that in the past and learned like all other MMO developers that its not good to say anything in the forums, since whatever they say .. some people will complain forever about anything that happens and they dislike , or about things that don’t happen because they don’t happen, even if they would dislike it if they happen.

So .. thats why devs are very active in Beta .. and still after release .. but the longer a game is running the less they talk.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Why do people always bring up raids, when people ask for more content?
Content does not automatically mean more raids.

Content = Karka Queen, Triple Wurm, Tequatl, EotM, Skills, Weapons, Armor, Traits, Zones, Dungeons, Fractasl, Jumping Puzzles, WvW, SPvP, World Bosses, Champions, Dynamic Events, Map Completions, Heart Tasks, Professions, Crafting, Races, Customization, Dyes, Wardrobe, etc…

GW2 has this content, and people want more of this. Some of it has been upgraded, changed, and implemented, but the rate at which it’s implemented has been really slow. This is the major complaint from most people. It’s not about adding raids.

I wasn’t trying to focus just on raids.

Karma queen, world bosses in general = when they first came out, people complained and whined. Too hard, can’t get organized, blah blah blah. Make it an instanced raid (I haven’t said that, people on forums have).

EotM = wah this is boring and just a champ train farm now.

Skills = do you want all skills to be viable or more and more just added in so you have pages to go through to find the one skill that you like because everyone else has it? Same with weapons and traits.

Dungeons, we need more, yes, but many of the old need revamped or fixed as well.

Fractals people complained that new fracals ’isn’t real content’.

Crafting, we just got more recipes. Legendary armor at some point, precursor crafting on back burner.

I can go on, but the problem remains that no matter what they do, someone will be displeased and upset. And more and more the forums as becoming an echo chamber of this displeasure. The second someone disagrees, it becomes ‘white knight’, ‘fan boy’ and the chamber echoes and chastises them out. The same goes for the other side.

Here’s how the forum topics go.
1. Some posts a complaint.
2. Some agrees with said complaint, others joining in.
3. Echo chamber commences.
4. Some disagrees. Chastising commences and echo resumes.
5. Posts demand anet response or assumed devs don’t care.
6. No response, thus more echo
7. Game is dying.

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

I like the ways they approach these kinds of things. From design, to releasing stuff, etc. It’s very far from the traditional, and the game itself sort of reflects that.

2 week content patches, seasons of PvE instead of an expansion, etc. You know, this could be an expansion on its own but instead we get it little by little rather than waiting a year and then getting it all at once. And you know what happens when you get a massive amount of content on one day: lag, bugs, explosions. Not only that, they made it work with their current systems as well which is a huge bonus.

I feel like a lot of people are just too used to the traditional ways still.

I hope Anet continues to take new approaches.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Just because the OP can do all of the LS in a single day doesn’t mean everyone can. I’m still doing the 1st episode and getting my butt kicked (there are NPCs to fight stop aggroing on just me!).

At least now I don’t feel like I have a gun to my head to get it done in 14 days or else.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Taygus.4571

I feel like a lot of people are just too used to the traditional ways still.

I think this is indeed, the bulk of it.

Posted by: Gervaise.4163

Gervaise.4163

Why are people so salty?

I logged out for more than a year and when I came back the game was the same as when I left.

LS2 is a great step forward compared to LS1, judging by what we have now, but we do NOT know what the future brings, so how can you say that logging off for 1 year gives players an expansion worth of content? You can’t.

Anyway, that is not the main point of post. It’s an improvement so I’m fine with that.

However, when you see people ask for an expansion they mean content that enhances the game(play). You know, stuff like weapon skill and utility skill balances (Not just tooltips and some numbers, but actual changes). Lets be honest, there are so many weapons that serve no purpose in any environment since launch.

People want new maps, weapons, dungeons etc. and not to mention in game rewards that are rewarded for play not bought with gold.

Currently farming gold is the end game, but I do think that gold should be important and I’m fine with the gem store, but right now the gem store is end game. This made champion and EOTM trains end game (cause all that matters is where u get gold and karms the quickest). How is this healthy gameplay. Spamming 1/AoE in a group as end game instead of dungeons/events and PvP battlegrounds…. we NEED an expansion to fix the many design errors that are in the game.

edit: “Can you Say” is censored apparently… I’m such a bad boy, excuse my language

(edited by Gervaise.4163)

Taygus.4571

Why are people so salty?

I logged out for more than a year and when I came back the game was the same as when I left.

LS2 is a great step forward compared to LS1, judging by what we have now, but we do NOT know what the future brings, so how ckittenay that logging off for 1 year gives players an expansion worth of content? You can’t.

Anyway, that is not the main point of post. It’s an improvement so I’m fine with that.

However, when you see people ask for an expansion they mean content that enhances the game(play). You know, stuff like weapon skill and utility skill balances (Not just tooltips and some numbers, but actual changes). Lets be honest, there are so many weapons that serve no purpose in any environment since launch.

People want new maps, weapons, dungeons etc. and not to mention in game rewards that are rewarded for play not bought with gold.

Currently farming gold is the end game, but I do think that gold should be important and I’m fine with the gem store, but right now the gem store is end game. This made champion and EOTM trains end game (cause all that matters is where u get gold and karms the quickest). How is this healthy gameplay. Spamming 1/AoE in a group as end game instead of dungeons/events and PvP battlegrounds…. we NEED an expansion to fix the many design errors that are in the game.

Right, because it takes an expansion to do that.

Isn’t the new LS account bound weapons a step to changing that?

yes, I agree LS1 doesn’t count as expansion because of it’s temp content. Which is a problem for most people. This isn’t the case.
LS2 should be more like an expansion. Without the need of an actual expansion. (something I much prefer. )

Posted by: Lana Del Rey.1873

Lana Del Rey.1873

Yeah .. they did that in the past and learned like all other MMO developers that its not good to say anything in the forums, since whatever they say .. some people will complain forever about anything that happens and they dislike , or about things that don’t happen because they don’t happen, even if they would dislike it if they happen.

So .. thats why devs are very active in Beta .. and still after release .. but the longer a game is running the less they talk.

I think it’s essential for the relationship between developers/players to have a functioning communication basis. For a healthy and satisfying developement of a game, developers should ask for feedback, organize surveys and interact with the community. I don’t want them to make big promises, I want to see that they actually care and that they noticed our opinions. It’s so depressing to get no reaction. I mean, what is wrong about a short “Hello Players, thank you for your feedback, team Anet will discuss over it.”? It is so easy.

I heard that you like the bad girls, honey, is that true?

Beldin.5498

. I mean, what is wrong about a short “Hello Players, thank you for your feedback, team Anet will discuss over it.”? It is so easy.

And then people jump on them and say : “Hey .. you haven’t answered WHEN it will happen and IF you will do something against that and HOW it will look. All Anet can do is post answers that don’t say anything it all”

Lana Del Rey.1873

. I mean, what is wrong about a short “Hello Players, thank you for your feedback, team Anet will discuss over it.”? It is so easy.

And then people jump on them and say : “Hey .. you haven’t answered WHEN it will happen and IF you will do something against that and HOW it will look. All Anet can do is post answers that don’t say anything it all”

Right now I think unclear answers are better than clear statements.
Honestly, I feel deserted.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I think it’s essential for the relationship between developers/players to have a functioning communication basis. For a healthy and satisfying developement of a game, developers should ask for feedback, organize surveys and interact with the community. I don’t want them to make big promises, I want to see that they actually care and that they noticed our opinions. It’s so depressing to get no reaction. I mean, what is wrong about a short “Hello Players, thank you for your feedback, team Anet will discuss over it.”? It is so easy.

Nah. They really don’t. In fact, it is often a BAD thing when developers start talking freely to players. Words from a red border become promises, even if no promise was ever uttered. A red post encourages piling on in the thread. Mistaken information from a red post becomes a “lie” or “laziness.”

You see it in every game of every genre. It’s why official statements are always neutered statements that say effectively nothing. The risk of saying something that fans will take and run with in terrible ways isn’t just a possibility, it’s a nigh CERTAINTY.

Then again, groups will often find something to run with anyway (see also any reference in game or out regarding Cantha)… so maybe that doesn’t even work too well.

Often the WORST thing a company can do is talk to their customers. Devs simply DON’T need to talk to you, and in most cases they SHOULDN’T. It’s far more important to listen, even if at the end of the day you decide to not implement what every fan desires.

You may not think they listen (I would disagree, though I don’t think it would hurt to implement more feedback), but one thing I’ll strongly insist is patently false is the idea that developers NEED to have a dialogue with their fans. It’s not true, in any way, shape or form.

That’s just customers making themselves feel far more important than they really are.

Boneheart.3561

They haven’t?

Lana Del Rey.1873

They haven’t?

Lately not, best example: this thread/topic.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits/first

(edited by Lana Del Rey.1873)

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

~1 map, a handful of skins, maybe a dungeon at this rate and one or two mega bosses? That’s not an expansion.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

The only problem is the illusion that there’s no content because of the LS approach. If they’d release an expansion every 1.5 years you would burn through it in 1-2 weeks.

Also people keep forgetting the feature packs. We already got one and they said they’re aiming at a feature pack per quarter so that would be 4 feature packs a year + 26 (probably less ’cus of breaks) LS updates a year.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

I see this topic still goes on so I just leave this here

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/awards/

This is why your opinion doesn’t really matter or be listened your wishes or anything else…they got a lot of accolades what in the gaming world means they know what are they doing.
I know these reviewers are a bunch of …. and know nothing about games just mechanics and statistics,they know nothing about how to play with feelings about a class or smthing like that but their opinion is important in the gaming world sadly.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

At this rate we will have in 12 months:

• 12 new world bosses
  • 12 new stat combinations
  • around 360 new recipes
  • around 360 new dynamic events (equal to 5-6 new maps)
  • 12 new weapon sets
  • 12 new jumping puzzles
  • approx 100 story instances

More we can’t say a the moment. After the next episode we can make a new forecast.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Lana Del Rey.1873

The only problem is the illusion that there’s no content because of the LS approach. If they’d release an expansion every 1.5 years you would burn through it in 1-2 weeks.

Also people keep forgetting the feature packs. We already got one and they said they’re aiming at a feature pack per quarter so that would be 4 feature packs a year + 26 (probably less ’cus of breaks) LS updates a year.

Feature packs?
You mean the one that circumcised the trait system and disrupted communication through a megaserver system?
Yey.

Boneheart.3561

Lately not…

Oh so they have?

I’m not clear on the issue, do you want them to respond to every single thread, regardless of veiled insults and snark? Drop any family/personal plans to connect with the people that really matter?
These are actual questions, I am also under the assumption that ArenaNet is operated by androids, so I’d be alarmed if their A.I. broke protocol and allowed them to form families.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

They haven’t?

Yeah, because on the weekend they should jump into a thread with players having a grizzle.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Lana Del Rey.1873

Lately not…

Oh so they have?

I’m not clear on the issue, do you want them to respond to every single thread, regardless of veiled insults and snark? Drop any family/personal plans to connect with the people that really matter?
These are actual questions, I am also under the assumption that ArenaNet is operated by androids, so I’d be alarmed if their A.I. broke protocol and allowed them to form families.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits

32 pages feedback, 90% criticism, not a single reply from Anet.
And please, it takes 1 minute to even answer with “Thank you for your feedback, we are aware of the critics.”.

Belenwyn.8674

And please, it takes 1 minute to even answer with “Thank you for your feedback, we are aware of the critics.”.

People wanted grail quests for traits. Arenanet gave it to the players. They reacted to feedback and changed the acquisition of several traits.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

They haven’t?

Yeah, because on the weekend they should jump into a thread with players having a grizzle.

I think what is being referred to here are the number of post started by devs asking for input/discussion on certain aspects of the game. I can think of 1 that pops immediately to mind:

Game Updates: Traits- https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits/first

3 months and the only post by a dev in that thread is the post to create the thread. If they’re gonna ask for input then they should at least post saying they’ve seen our complaints/suggestions.

Lana Del Rey.1873

They haven’t?

I think what is being referred to here are the number of post started by devs asking for input/discussion on certain aspects of the game. I can think of 1 that pops immediately to mind:

Game Updates: Traits- https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Traits/first

3 months and the only post by a dev in that thread is the post to create the thread. If they’re gonna ask for input then they should at least post saying they’ve seen our complaints/suggestions.

Exactly.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Don’t confuse community managers with developers. The devs don’t need to come into those threads unless something really important comes up. The community management team (which is now smaller it seems) could have come in and said a few reassuring things. And I’m not slighting player concerns about the trait changes.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Boneheart.3561

People wanted grail quests for traits. Arenanet gave it to the players. They reacted to feedback and changed the acquisition of several traits.

Oh thank god, thank you. I was not prepared to go through that entire thread.

chemiclord.3978

They haven’t?

Exactly.

If you’re going to assume that the Arena.net developers started a thread then turned around and never looked at it (even when several elements of the discussion appear in the game), then there’s probably NOTHING they can do to convince you they’re listening.

I honestly think the “relationship” between you and Arena.net (that really doesn’t exist, for the record), is toxic beyond repair.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I just got done searching for the Ranger-CDI thread that was started by a Dev/Mod and after looking at 32 pages in the Ranger forums it seems to have DISAPPEARED without a response from a Dev/Mod.

chemiclord.3978

I just got done searching for the Ranger-CDI thread that was started by a Dev/Mod and after looking at 32 pages in the Ranger forums it seems to have DISAPPEARED without a response from a Dev/Mod.

If it was the one I’m thinking of (that just turned into several long hateful, angry essays about how Ranger is the worst class ever and will never be fixed because devs don’t care and are too busy worrying about their warriors and that every Arena.net dev is a warrior and that Rangers are always kicked because the devs hate Ranger and are looking for the first change to remove them from the game… etc.) that might have been a moderator decision as it violated “forum etiquette.”

Hell, I’m not sure that would even be the strangest thing moderators here have done.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

If it was the one I’m thinking of (that just turned into several long hateful, angry essays about how Ranger is the worst class ever and will never be fixed because devs don’t care and are too busy worrying about their warriors and that every Arena.net dev is a warrior and that Rangers are always kicked because the devs hate Ranger and are looking for the first change to remove them from the game… etc.) that might have been a moderator decision as it violated “forum etiquette.”

Hell, I’m not sure that would even be the strangest thing moderators here have done.

The ranger CDI had PLENTY of constructive criticism and NONE of it was taken seriously by the devs as seen by the latest changes…. (hint, there were hardly any changes made).
Ranger class required a revamp, and that is something anet will simply not spend resources and time on. It means nothing to them in the long run, so they will just tweak a few numbers here and throw the small ranger community a bone.
They wanted feedback from the CDI, and the community responded HEAVILY. Of course there was a lot of hateful posts, but there was a bountiful amount of well written posts to fixing the class.
Unfortunately, the class is so badly broken because of the pets, anet can’t truely fix it unless they revamp the class completely, which ain’t happening because their resource allocation is tied by NCsoft (who could give a kitten about fair balancing).
Gemstore + LS is the focus for development, not class balancing.
Most rangers will just re-roll anyways, theres only a small, dedicated community of them left anyways.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Ppl must get realistic about expansion. Just look what happen for anet, they open to Chinese market. Selling an online game in a land where u other mmos download for free.

Wow was for free u only paid the time u played but updates expansions all for free. And since many Chinese player sell gold for playtime the game was 100%free for them.

Now look. Gw2 buy to play plus VIP membership which includes a monthly fee.

Anet want china and us play same content.

So how u can tell Chinese customer 2 months after release to give money again for a game they just bought which advertise as free to play?

Ps I’m absolute happy and I played hc and still have things to complete and to learn in game.

No need for expansions

Belenwyn.8674

Based on other CDI topics we know that major changes can take six months and more before implementation.