Attitude in Orr/Frostgorge (PvE)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

And it appears ANET condones this behavior, I have never participated in these zerg trains for that reason.

this is simply no true. dev said they are gonna make finishing event more rewarding then failing.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

These types of people are probably irreversibly conditioned by the variable ratio reward schedules that the MMO genre has created over the past decade. Their brains are almost hardwired to expect reward. Similar to a heroin addict.

Which is really a sad thing because that means all those people who came to GW2 to get away from behaviors like that only get subjected to them even more.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

This happened in queensdale before the update. You just have to ignore them. Yeah it’s not the best suggestion but there’s really nothing else you can do except report and ignore.

I personally have a tab without map chat if I ever want to switch to it.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I agree OP. I have seen this as well. It is a bit..hmm, unwelcoming for a game? Especially with the free weekend coming up? If a low level player trying the game out with the free trial, joins up with a few other low levels, and kill the vale troll..and then the zerg comes along and bashes him/her for doing so.. I bet he/she won’t be buying the game.

Arenanet: This is what happens when you make our gaming experiences soley for reward. You are rewarded for everything but scratching your rear end. Rewards, rewards, rewards. More! More currency, more currency, more rewards. If I had a nickle for everytime a developer used the word reward.

What about playing the game to have fun, as its own reward? So what if these idiots shed off the game and leave. Guess what, we have a less complicated, easier to manage game with a less toxic player base.

But go ahead, ignore my dozen or so posts on this issue, where the game is so saturated with reward as the only endgame. Keep pumping more into the game.

Edit: I started out the game in Stormbluff Isle (NA), until about December when I transferred off. I was recently in the market for a server transfer again. I guested on a half dozen servers to check out the PVE experience, etc. I checked out Stormbluff isle again and they had these bad eggs each time I guested there. Not calling out SBI, it was a great home when I was there. But I these zerg trains were calling people out everytime something like this happened, to which I rushed to the defense of these low level players.

BTW, its not like you’re getting insane loot anyways. A couple silver, 1-2k karma (which is a useless currency), some XP, maybe 3 T5 mats, and maybe a scroll of knowledge. Pft.. wheres the rares, ectos, precursors, skins. If anyone gets any of these from champ farming, they are a statistic. Ive never seen anyone post about uber lewts they get from champ farming.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

And it appears ANET condones this behavior, I have never participated in these zerg trains for that reason.

this is simply no true. dev said they are gonna make finishing event more rewarding then failing.

Giving us 1000 karma instead of 378 is not worth it still (just guessing thats what they will do). I dont care for another drip of karma. Karma is useless. i stock pile until I blow them on orrian boxes.. Thats it. No real use.

remove most all currencies in game, replace them with karma. Then you will see great things in this game.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I have a suggestion to all those folks getting harassed by the farmers…just go to lions arch and map chat to gather up a zerg, then go to the event and finish that kitten then /dance all over the dead mobs bodies followed up with “u mad bro”. oh the tears you will enjoy

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Just don’t be bothered by them.. Do your events, complete them if possible, and if they give you some kitten, just block and report..
I remember fondly my latest additions on my block list after I solo’d the Champion Troll and the little farming train appeared.. Ahh, good times..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Fringilla Vigo.8594

Fringilla Vigo.8594

Just don’t be bothered by them.. Do your events, complete them if possible, and if they give you some kitten, just block and report..
I remember fondly my latest additions on my block list after I solo’d the Champion Troll and the little farming train appeared.. Ahh, good times..

You see? You don’t get a new philosophy… In the good, old times i remember (it was manifesto if I remember correctly) that one of the devs said clearly that GW 2 is all about cooperation, that you will be excited to see other player…
Well… not anymore, because that player might be the one that just stolen your precious loot from the champion that you, as a part of the farming zerg, are entitled to!

How could you be so rude and kill a mob that is part of the ROUTE!!! (end sarcasm)

Poor new players in Queensdale at the free trial period… I already feel sorry for them…

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Hmm, attitude don’t seem to be any better in this thread either.

Don’t play MMOs if you don’t have thick skin?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The LoL generation has made its way to guild wars and the result is the death of the community.

Yeah … I was expecting this day too

…just wait until they make that one of the official sPvP modes (like they hinted at back around Beta..). As if people weren’t already entitled enough here when it comes to farming. They’ll probably be demanding bots to fight next & stupid new Moogle skins every week. Oh and atleast a few “ranger/engy jungle 2 good NERF NAO!!!” from truly bad thieves/wars

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Lucretia.8507

Lucretia.8507

I know orr can get nasty, but I’ve had a lot better time just staying Frostgorge, there’s a lot less lag too. I almost don’t want orr to get nerfed because then I’d be afraid of what would happen to Frostgorge.

Turnip ~ altaholic
[PVP] Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’m on Isle of Janthir and I’ve noticed people becoming increasingly rude in chat. Used to be that people were helpful. Now, they just insult anyone who gets in their way. I have no issues with farming if that’s what you want to do. But no one has the right to insult people who just want to play.

I believe the best thing to do is ignore any bad comments in the chat, but report anyone who is harassing you or is using foul language. The more you try to respond, the worse it gets. These people are just immature. Best to leave them to their tantrum and go about your PLAY. And most of all, don’t take it personally. The problem is theirs, not yours.

That being said, Anet needs to fix broken systems on DEs.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)