Auto add Essence of luck when salvaging

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reave.2701

Reave.2701

Automaticly add Essence of luck to account when salvaging

When salvaging, if essence of luck drops it should automatically be added to your account. This would save lots of mouse clicks and time during gameplay.

Some may say, just save and upscale them for less clicking. The problem with this is that we could potentially lose out on better drops because we are saving the essence of luck to upscale and click them all off at a later time.

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I do have to say, I’m not sure why this wasn’t implemented from the get go. It’s not like you can use Luck for anything else or even trade it.

Duty is heavier than death.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

How would you be potentially losing the opportunity for better drops? Just out interest.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

There’s only one situation where saving the luck is useful, leveling artificer from 0-25 and getting daily crafter or monthly masterwork crafter done. These situations are so limited that I personally wouldn’t mind if they made luck autoclick. To each their own.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I would be happy for right-click>use stack on soooooo many items

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I think the OP has a great idea. Honestly I hate the tons of clicking for luck. I salvage pretty much everything. I can’t even imagine how many clicks I’ve used on using luck! And I can’t think of any reason why this should not be implemented.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Yup. My thoughts exactly. Auto add luck and r-click use stack would make life so much easier. However the potential problems I see would be people using stacks of food to gain 17,000 hours of a buff. I know it doesn’t work that way NOW but with a use whole stack option implentation that could very easily be a bug that would arise. Other than that I would welcome it with open arms!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

There’s only one situation where saving the luck is useful, leveling artificer from 0-25 and getting daily crafter or monthly masterwork crafter done. These situations are so limited that I personally wouldn’t mind if they made luck autoclick. To each their own.

Make it an account option to auto-add the luck. That way an Artificer still has the ability to craft with them.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Automaticly add Essence of luck to account when salvaging

When salvaging, if essence of luck drops it should automatically be added to your account. This would save lots of mouse clicks and time during gameplay.

Some may say, just save and upscale them for less clicking. The problem with this is that we could potentially lose out on better drops because we are saving the essence of luck to upscale and click them all off at a later time.

Your situation only applies if someone’s below +100% MF. Once you reach that point, it takes so much more Essence to get the next point of luck. That is why people accumulate essence of luck before using it.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Or better yet, Deposit Collectibles opens all of your Essences as well. Would be a checkbox in options of course.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Your situation only applies if someone’s below +100% MF. Once you reach that point, it takes so much more Essence to get the next point of luck. That is why people accumulate essence of luck before using it.

Does it make a difference? Whether I open a thousand +10 orbs or twenty +500 orbs, it’s all the same amount of luck in the end. The only difference is whether I want to trade some inventory space for less mouse abuse.

How would you be potentially losing the opportunity for better drops? Just out interest.

I think Reave is talking about inventory space. If I have a bunch of low quality Essences of Luck, that’s two or so inventory spaces I can’t use for storing other drops. Although, for me, I personally haven’t had much trouble with inventory space since they implemented the ability to deposit collectibles from the inventory. But, anyway, I think that’s what Reave means.

Unless they add some other use for Essences of Luck, it’s a little silly to have to click on them en masse, or else haul them around until your artificer can combine them. I get the same satisfaction as the next player from clicking on powerups and getting a positive response, but it’s hard to justify the lack of a “use all” option.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

zenleto.6179

I think Reave is talking about inventory space. If I have a bunch of low quality Essences of Luck, that’s two or so inventory spaces I can’t use for storing other drops. Although, for me, I personally haven’t had much trouble with inventory space since they implemented the ability to deposit collectibles from the inventory. But, anyway, I think that’s what Reave means.

Unless they add some other use for Essences of Luck, it’s a little silly to have to click on them en masse, or else haul them around until your artificer can combine them. I get the same satisfaction as the next player from clicking on powerups and getting a positive response, but it’s hard to justify the lack of a “use all” option.

I was thinking that, or maybe he thought that luck takes the place of something else. I don’t have much problem with having them stored either since they end up stacking in the bank until I get 250, then I roll them up to exotic.

And, a big YES to Use All.

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

even a use all would be nice. I’m sick of all the clicking!

Oh and btw storing luck does reduce your potential drop rate temporarily. That is until you use the essences. The equivelent of 1% MF in your bank is 1% MF not on your account. The MF modifier is applied new to every roll.

(edited by sinzer.4018)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There’s no other uses or recipes for it.

Same with karma potions for monthly.

If there’s no reason to keep the item to use for something else, its effects should be provided on acquisition.

The only reason no to use essences of luck is having an account to test drop rates without MF or something like that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

They might be planning to use luck for something else in the future when more people start to get around 300% magic find.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Hmm…that’s a really good idea. Thumbs up.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Redenaz.8631

Oh and btw storing luck does reduce your potential drop rate temporarily. That is until you use the essences. The equivelent of 1% MF in your bank is 1% MF not on your account. The MF modifier is applied new to every roll.

If that’s what the OP meant, then what Aidan Savage said makes more sense, and totally applies; I could have quite a large pile of essences gathering dust in my inventory before I’d be able to increase my MF by 1%, and at that point it’s such a minimal fraction (1/~100th for example) of the MF boost that I’m getting that it hardly makes a difference if I wait until I can combine them. And if I don’t have enough to bump me up to the next level, then it makes no difference at all.

zenleto.6179

even a use all would be nice. I’m sick of all the clicking!

This makes some sense, though I wouldn’t use the word “reduce” here. If I have 5% worth in my bank or pack its not taking 5% off my MF. Its just not adding to it. Its just sitting like a gamer in his chair, getting bigger and bigger, and doing nothing particularly useful

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

In general .my hand can feel that there are more clicks now than when I started.
advanced mice. keyboard are currently what keeps me from carpal tunnel syndrome.
Remember the loot bags during LA LS? again sooooo many clicks….. So its not only the luck.

I would suggest a drop down menu option of – use all.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

would love is………..its silly that they make you either click it all, or use crafting to lessen the stack number.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Either add it automatically or give a right click option to do it all from that menu.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would prefer an option, as I use them for the Monthly Crafter Achievement. Options are always best. =)

Redenaz.8631

In general .my hand can feel that there are more clicks now than when I started.
advanced mice. keyboard are currently what keeps me from carpal tunnel syndrome.
Remember the loot bags during LA LS? again sooooo many clicks….. So its not only the luck.

I would suggest a drop down menu option of – use all.

While “Use All” would work perfectly well with luck consumables, with bags, it’s worth noting the possibility that someone will Use All on 250 bags with an otherwise full inventory. If someone is stockpiling valuable bags or boxes (and I’m sure there are people who have,) that could lead them them having well over a hundred items piled up in the “You are encumbered!” interface.

I suppose the “Use All” process could abort itself if the number of items in the encumbered window reaches a certain point, but it’s something interesting to think about.