B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rhael.6317

rhael.6317

Now that’s how you make money in the gem store. Loving the Bobblehead Laboratory. Best use of gems in a long time.

Leafy Lemon of Unrepentant [Uey]
Stormbluff Isle Megaserver, PvX, US
www.unrepentantgaming.com

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I totally bought that as soon as I saw it. Bobbleheads ftw!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Man that screen tho.

I totally want to do a JP with that messed up screen just to see if I could.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Does anyone know how or when the spawned table goes away?!
How many tables can be spawned in map?!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Because bobbles have everything to do with might and magic, and guilds and wars.

/sarcasm

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Because bobbles have everything to do with might and magic, and guilds and wars.

/sarcasm

Well in that case you can be happy that Anet expected some people to not like it and made it so that only the people using it can see it. So it doesn’t affect your gameplay at all. Isn’t that great? =D

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

/sarcasm

Well in that case you can be happy that Anet expected some people to not like it and made it so that only the people using it can see it. So it doesn’t affect your gameplay at all. Isn’t that great? =D

Yes. I’m so, SO happy that they did that. Probs wouldn’t feel like playing near other people anymore if I commonly saw this crap. -.-

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

/sarcasm

You must be a fun person to hang out with.

/eyeroll

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Fun?

This isn’t about fun. It’s a game.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Does anyone know how or when the spawned table goes away?!
How many tables can be spawned in map?!

table seems to last about 15 min, (even if the spawner has logged out).

probably as many can be posted in a map as boxes o fun/food tables

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

/sarcasm

It is beyond great, it’s awesome! They finally managed to deliver on something many poeple wanted WITHOUT imposing it on those who did not (myself included).

Awesome job, ANet! Keep up the good work!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

rhael.6317

Keep your derailing out of this – a happy, bubbly thread about the joy of bobbleheads!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: nikitnq.7143

nikitnq.7143

What’s more?

You can still have your halo and sit on a broom!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

totally blew all my gold to get it lol

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

In a way its nice that they made it this way so you do not mess up other ppl “rp” but you can still have your own fun. At the same time if your in a good guild you just need a guild leader buy one and the full guild has this effect.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

/sarcasm

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!! I can’t believe ANet added this crap. Recycled permanent boobleheads instead of new content and fixes.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

/sarcasm

THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!! I can’t believe ANet added this crap. Recycled permanent boobleheads instead of new content and fixes.

It probably took very little time to do and likely is done by one or two people sharing a cubicle, versus a team of people being needed for content.

So you’re upset they were able to spare a couple of people for several hours to add something whimsical for people to play with?

Basically if they add anything you don’t like or didn’t want its crap is what I’m picking up.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I don’t think I’d get it myself but I was super happy when someone plopped one down right before the Boss Blitz started. That was fun. The bobblehead prank was my favorite silly fun thing in game so it’s nice to be able to experience that again.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

Nice!! Glad they brought this back. Looking forward to some silly times! :-)

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Ok, for the people actualy upset with this. 1. it doesn’t make characters have bobbleheads unless YOU partake in it, so you can ignore this. 2. this was a previous thing, all they did was set it to a shorter timer and make it a gemstore item. like, we’re getting permanent content starting in july first.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

/sarcasm

Lol. Always someone whose day isn’t perfect unless they can bring a little rain into someone else’s sunshine.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Blude.6812

/sarcasm

It probably took very little time to do and likely is done by one or two people sharing a cubicle, versus a team of people being needed for content.

So you’re upset they were able to spare a couple of people for several hours to add something whimsical for people to play with?

Basically if they add anything you don’t like or didn’t want its crap is what I’m picking up.

Not at all-but-bobbleheads in a mmo? Nothing but a joke-(IMHO)—no need to insinuate that I am upset—or what I like for that matter. If people want to pay to run around looking like idiots-I hope they enjoy it. Wasting 1 second of any dev time for this fluff and the piles of other fluff instead of fixing bugs and adding permanent new content is the wrong direction for the team to take.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Taygus.4571

Someone plopped this down in divinity reach earlier today. A couple of people who hadn’t been around for April Fools were having great craic with it. I’m seriously thinking of buying it. It’s fun.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

I bought it as soon as I saw it posted. LOVED the bobble fools.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I’m glad other people like it. XD I prefer the more ‘serious’ aspect of this game – but I got nothing against those bobblehead tables. Try it with a quaggan tonic.

I tried a few sips of the stuff just for kicks. Seriously, what did they put IN there?

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

One of the best in my opinion.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I’m just happy that they released bobbleheads back into the game, as many were asking for, while keeping them away from people like myself that get sick (literally) from them.

So for that, ArenaNet, I thank you.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

confession bear

I read the title as boobies…

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

/sarcasm

Probably plays a Warrior main. Typical.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Meluna.1764

confession bear

My eyes are up here
enlarges head by 500%
better?

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Taygus.4571

confession bear

My eyes are up here
enlarges head by 500%
better?

LOLz

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My husband caught the post for this on FB last night as he was going to bed (where I already was since I wasn’t feeling well). He was quite pleased. Guess what he’s buying when he get online tonight. Lol.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: nolij.4327

nolij.4327

ooooh noooooooooooooooooooooo i fear that this is a forum topic which is legitimately and without cynicism encouraging anet to not only recycle content, but also CHARGE for recycled content

oh no it really is a forum post doing all of this

oh my god my eyes are bleeding ohhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

potatoes gon’ potate

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

ooooh noooooooooooooooooooooo i fear that this is a forum topic which is legitimately and without cynicism encouraging anet to not only recycle content, but also CHARGE for recycled content

When Anet released the bobble heads as their 4-1 prank, there were people that came on here and blatantly told them “we like this. we want to make this something permanent in the game. we’d be willing to buy it. please give it to us.” The flip side of the coin was that there were probably equally many that did not like it. Anet listened to both. This is now a part of the game as something you can purchase, and only those that enjoy it can partake of it.

And yet you kitten because Anet is listening to what their customers are asking them for….

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Blude.6812

When Anet released the bobble heads as their 4-1 prank, there were people that came on here and blatantly told them “we like this. we want to make this something permanent in the game. we’d be willing to buy it. please give it to us.” The flip side of the coin was that there were probably equally many that did not like it. Anet listened to both. This is now a part of the game as something you can purchase, and only those that enjoy it can partake of it.

And yet you kitten because Anet is listening to what their customers are asking them for….

and there were many people(as you mentioned) saying that the heads were a blight—why not listen to those that suggested they shouldn’t be permanent.
At least I don’t have to see them(a resonable compromise)—but it seems the bottom line now is how to make players BUY gems— preferably with real cash.
Oh well have fun with them.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: igmolicious.5986

igmolicious.5986

Well, you don’t have to use the bobblehead station if you look at it like a blight, and you won’t see bobbleheaded stuff everywhere. It’s a completely cosmetic thing, which i think fits WONDERFULLY for a cash store purchase — that’s what cash stores SHOULD be used for (I have some problems with things like storage expansion, endless tools and such being cash store purchases, as it DOES give an edge in game, but it’s in a sort of grey area of that — i’d love to see these things have other methods of earning, but I digress). I would imagine that sooner rather than later, bobblehead will be added as a tonic that can be found in chests and such, even if it is not currently available. I don’t, however, understand complaining about “toys” that are used purely for entertainment in the game being sold as cash store items — especially those that have no effect on people who don’t actually use them (there is very little, if any, complaining about instruments and you can hear those even if you don’t use them).

(edited by igmolicious.5986)

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Meluna.1764

there was complaining about instruments, so Anet implemented the option of turning their sound off. Again, win-win.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

and there were many people(as you mentioned) saying that the heads were a blight—why not listen to those that suggested they shouldn’t be permanent.
At least I don’t have to see them(a resonable compromise)—but it seems the bottom line now is how to make players BUY gems— preferably with real cash.
Oh well have fun with them.

As you point out, that reasonible compromise was them listening to people like you. You don’t have to deal with it, while those that like it can use it. Both groups should be satisfied. Therefore, you really have absolutely no reason to kitten.

As for ‘making people buy gems,’ wtf do you expect? Anet is a business, of which the primary objective is to make money. When people say ‘hey, we’ll pay money for this’ that typically implies that it is a potentially good thing to monetize. Not always, but in the case of this cosmetic toy, it was very much appropriate. People buying it pays for the time it took to convert from the fun April Fools joke to a quirky in game item as well as for additional game development.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Annoyed that the effect goes away if you zone.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

rhael.6317

ooooh noo…

I couldn’t in good conscience quote so much offense to English, so SNIP it is.

I used the gems earned by hitting 10k achievement points to buy a very cool vanity item. It’s an awesome, fun toy that cost me (personally) nothing. Other people are smart enough to decide if they want to buy things from ANet or not, but the gem store is how they are able to continue funding all of those salaries for teams to build stuff. Feel free not to buy anything ever until your demands are met – and find another game, since they’ll close shop if they can’t make any money.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

edit. yeah i posted this in the wrong thread somehow.

(edited by A Massive Headache.1879)

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

My problem with scythes and polearms being the same is this: if they make one of the professions throw the polearm, and polearms have warscythe skins, that’s going to look really silly OR they’re going to limit who can use polearms more than I’d like. I suppose they could do scythes as polearms if they made it like, let’s just use this as a simple example, necros have an animation similar to their staff that gets that shadowy/scythe animation, and be able to use it in melee range.

I think you are in the wrong thread.

The Burninator

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Taygus.4571

Annoyed that the effect goes away if you zone.

yeah, I’m assuming this is a glitch, what good is having a 1 hour buff, if you can’t travel ):

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Absolutely the right call making this potential lag/bug inducing item an “opt in”.
Absolutely the right call making this purely cosmetic item a gem store purchase.

The only problem is, all the people who will chug this before world boss events and complain that their response is bugged/laggier.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Hmmm… has anyone tried using this right before the mini dolyak race in the Festival of the Four Winds? I’d be curious to see the results of that.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Hmmm… has anyone tried using this right before the mini dolyak race in the Festival of the Four Winds? I’d be curious to see the results of that.

Yes it works.

The Burninator

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Taygus.4571

Absolutely the right call making this potential lag/bug inducing item an “opt in”.
Absolutely the right call making this purely cosmetic item a gem store purchase.

The only problem is, all the people who will chug this before world boss events and complain that their response is bugged/laggier.

I’ve yet to notice more lag tbh.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

+1,000 …. if it were possible. I’m so pleased that ArenaNet was able to listen to its playerbase and respond with a very good compromise.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think the way they did it was perfect. Those that like the Bobblehead effect can now see it all day long if they want to. Those that don’t like the effect don’t see anything different.

B-b-b-b-bobbles?!!

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

So true. Very well said!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]