BETA!!

BETA!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I really don’t understand the people who are literally (in their actual descriptions) crying about not getting an invite to the stress test. It’s two 2-hour events. It’s like having your feelings hurt because your lottery numbers weren’t chosen for a $10 prize. This is nothing personal. (I also was not selected, by the way.) Seriously, if not getting chosen for a single stress test is causing actual depression, you might want to take a step back and get some perspective. I get that it’s disappointing, but it’s not the end of the world. And it’s certainly not a slap in the face.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

BETA!!

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

Oh woot! me too!!

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

BETA!!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Whats the uk equivalent time for the test?

BETA!!

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

Yaaay ! Thank you for the invite Arena net. I’m happy that person like me who isn’t the most active on forums (although I read forums all the time) or social media, got picked.
Made my Saturday just a whole lot better!

BETA!!

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

-7 hours I think?
So 5 to 7 then 10 to 12

BETA!!

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Cool, I got an invite just a little while ago. I’ll be there. :>

BETA!!

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I think you expressed this very well, Pandaman, and thank you. It truly was not “every loyal player into the test” but just “We’ve inviting a few loyal players” with the knowledge that this is a brief stress test and there will be other opportunities in the future!

Just a brief question will there be a (more polished) survey system, similar (but hopefully improved) to the one used during the beta tests from before launch?

I really hope so the feedback could be very helpful.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

BETA!!

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

I am not in

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

BETA!!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

-7 hours I think?
So 5 to 7 then 10 to 12

Cool, cheers

BETA!!

Posted by: ThomasKreshant.6572

ThomasKreshant.6572

As the places are limited on the stress test, I wish there was a no thanks option as I’ll not be able to get out of work so that spot would be better offered to someone else.

BETA!!

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Aww blast!

I’m still 0/x when it comes to being selected for GW2 betas/stress tests.

x = However many selection (not key or pre-order) betas the game has had.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

BETA!!

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Awwwww yissssssss.

Attachments:

BETA!!

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Have spent over $1000.00 in gems as of the first of the year. Little sad to see I am still not considered one of the most loyal fans. Guess I’ll wait like the rest of the people.

No idea if loyal means people who actual spend money or just people who play 8 hours a day. I would think people who spend money would be the better choice.

So rich people = loyal

BETA!!

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

What the…

“One of the most loyal” does not imply not being chosen means you’re not considered a loyal player, it just means a person who got invited is literally just one of the people considered eligible for an invite. They’re not saying they’re inviting everyone who is “loyal”, just a random few, so it’s only natural there will be people who are left out.

And congratulations to everyone who got invited, I hope you all have fun even if it’s likely there will be bugs and crashes galore (not a dig at ANet, just how early betas usually are).

I think you expressed this very well, Pandaman, and thank you. It truly was not “every loyal player into the test” but just “We’ve inviting a few loyal players” with the knowledge that this is a brief stress test and there will be other opportunities in the future!

One does wonder how can your devs avoid all the questions about important stuff during interviews and posts here on forums but let this “LOYAL PLAYER” non-sense slip?

You do realize how poor choice of wording is that right ?

Piece of advice just ban those 2 words in your studio – since they did harm in the past and they still keep doing harm today – as you can see.

BETA!!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

O-M-G I can’t believe it. I got chosen too. I never get chosen for these kinda things. Thanks Anet!

I am going to really enjoy this. I can’t wait to try out the revenant! <3333333333

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

BETA!!

Posted by: Matthew.6403

Matthew.6403

Got invite yay ,but the only thing i want to know is: got all character slots full, does test include free character slot? or i need to purchase one ? :p

BETA!!

Posted by: Kornflexx.8961

Kornflexx.8961

What the…

“One of the most loyal” does not imply not being chosen means you’re not considered a loyal player, it just means a person who got invited is literally just one of the people considered eligible for an invite. They’re not saying they’re inviting everyone who is “loyal”, just a random few, so it’s only natural there will be people who are left out.

And congratulations to everyone who got invited, I hope you all have fun even if it’s likely there will be bugs and crashes galore (not a dig at ANet, just how early betas usually are).

One does wonder how can your devs avoid all the questions about important stuff during interviews and posts here on forums but let this “LOYAL PLAYER” non-sense slip?

It’s only a problem because there are still players that take this literally even tho it was quite apparent from the get-go that this would be a randomised draw.

You may have been in the pool (thus being a loyal player) but the luck was simply against you. Get over it.

BETA!!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Here’s a question, can we play in both of the 2 hr sessions or only one of the other? Also, is there a list of what’s available in the beta? Is it PvE content only. Can we play Strong hold or the WvW maps? Can we reroll the character during the test?

Just some thoughts in advance.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

BETA!!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Hmm I’m struggling to find out the exact time I’ll need to be on. I need the time to be converted to NZST :-/ is this correct for New Zealanders?

Wednesday, 25 March from 8:00 a.m → 10:00 am & 1:00 pm → 3:00 pm?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

BETA!!

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

What the…

It’s only a problem because there are still players that take this literally even tho it was quite apparent from the get-go that this would be a randomised draw.

You may have been in the pool (thus being a loyal player) but the luck was simply against you. Get over it.

I do not even care to practicipate in betas anymore i just find the e-mail they’re distributed very poor worded.

No idea which part of my post you didn’t understand since it’s pretty clear where its focused.

BETA!!

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

To be honest, I’d love to know how many people they would consider enough to stress test anything.

When I played APB we had the OTW (Open Test World). At a time when 20,000 players were common, they opened the OTW for an entire new game type, and the max they had on at one time was 34. It wasn’t enough to stress test anything.

However, I wish a hearty GLHF to those who got in and can participate

BETA!!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why is it poorly worded? Nowhere did it say “one of all of our most loyal players”.

I could have agreed if there was someone invited that bought the game a week ago and got in. But as far as I have seen that have not been the case, everyone that have reported being invited seem to have been playing for quite some time.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Pretty hard not to be upset as ANET considers me not to be “One of our most loyal players”.

I have played since Beta weekends in 2012, Clocked in as many hours as I possibly can and I regularly spend money on this game.

Guess I should find a new game to play.

BETA!!

lordkrall.7241

Pretty hard not to be upset as ANET considers me not to be “One of our most loyal players”.

I have played since Beta weekends in 2012, Clocked in as many hours as I possibly can and I regularly spend money on this game.

You were part of the pool of most loyal players (as were I), not everyone in that pool got invited (I didn’t).

Nowhere in any way or form did they ever say that everyone on the list would be invited. Especially not for the first test.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Wow, don’t get so melodramatic! I’ve spent hundreds of £ on this game and didn’t get in.

Its random. Like, there is no plan or discrimination or agenda here. Random.

BETA!!

tim.1280

You were part of the pool of most loyal players (as were I), not everyone in that pool got invited (I didn’t).

Nowhere in any way or form did they ever say that everyone on the list would be invited. Especially not for the first test.

I agree it was a very poorly worded email (as mentioned before on this thread).

This is all I have to say. And to the person who called me “melodramatic”.
It honestly wasn’t melodramatic. As a customer for 3 years and as a person who has supported this game as much as I can, it is disappointing to see others being named as “our most loyal customers”.

BETA!!

Posted by: Antaris.5281

Antaris.5281

So much entitlement in this thread.

The only thing that caused your disappointment is your over-hyped expectation on a random element. It’s like saying “I’ve been buying lottery tickets for over a decade, I deserve at least a million dollar consolation prize for my loyalty.”

There will be more tests. Guys, just sit down and wait for next one.

BETA!!

lordkrall.7241

I agree it was a very poorly worded email (as mentioned before on this thread).

This is all I have to say. And to the person who called me “melodramatic”.
It honestly wasn’t melodramatic. As a customer for 3 years, it is disappointing to see others being named as “our most loyal customers”.

How was it poorly worded? People actively playing the game can be considered loyal. And once again, nowhere did they say that ALL of their most loyal customers would be invited.

I have been with ArenaNet since soon after Prophecies was released, and bought everything that was released for GW (including the stuff in the shop and the campaigns and the expansion) and Guild Wars 2 + thousands of euros in gems.
I have played more or less daily since head-start.

That doesn’t mean I should automatically be granted access to the beta. Even if I am “more loyal” than some others.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

My friend just bought the game and was invited, while I was not, but see if I care…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

BETA!!

tim.1280

So much entitlement in this thread.

The only thing that caused your disappointment is your over-hyped expectation on a random element. It’s like saying “I’ve been buying lottery tickets for over a decade, I deserve at least a million dollar consolation prize for my loyalty.”

There will be more tests. Guys, just sit down and wait for next one.

Never once did I say I was “entitled”. Obviously it is a little disappointing that I didn’t get into the beta. I mean, who doesn’t want to play HoT before everyone else. I knew there was a chance I would not get in. “If you’re one of the lucky players chosen to participate”….

I am more disappointed at what ANET stated in the email. “one of our most loyal customers”.

BETA!!

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

My friend just bought the game and was invited, while I was not, but see if I care…

Rng hits again.

BETA!!

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

TBH I am probably b& from the beta program cos of the number of infractions/suspensions I’ve had on here!

I only rage because I care <3

Nah, I have been infracted a bunch (WvW forum flaming so it doesn’t really count ) and I’m in. You just got unlucky, you might get in the second one!

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

BETA!!

tim.1280

The mail said: “As one of our most loyal players, we value your feedback”. Nowhere does that say or even imply that all of the “most loyal players” will get invited.

I realised my mistake as I typed it. I apologise.

BETA!!

psizone.8437

-7 hours I think?
So 5 to 7 then 10 to 12

Cool, cheers

No, no. The first email had the GMT (UK time) already in it, it’s 7pm to 9pm then midnight to 2am.

BETA!!

lordkrall.7241

Never once did I say I was “entitled”. Obviously it is a little disappointing that I didn’t get into the beta. I mean, who doesn’t want to play HoT before everyone else. I knew there was a chance I would not get in. “If you’re one of the lucky players chosen to participate”….

I am more disappointed at what ANET stated in the email. “one of our most loyal customers”.

And in this post you present a great reason why you should no be invited to the beta. I have bolded it for you.

Sure, this is a stress-test so it doesn’t really matter much. But for the real beta tests, that is not the way of thinking that ArenaNet wants.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

They should just change the wording to “selected from some of the luckiest players favored by RNG God” instead of most loyal players.

That would be wrong too. I did get an invitation to the HoT Stress Test, but have always been super unlucky RNG-wise. The RNG gods don’t even know I exist.

I have played almost every day since the GW1 Betas, and have spent tons of money in the Gem Store (mostly before the Town Clothes/Megaserver update). I am a regular poster on the forums. So yeah, I would hope they consider me a loyal customer. But my personal RNG experience leaves me suspicious that I was actually the recipient of good fortune.

My hope: They’re taking everybody in “shifts”. If (for example) they plan on 3 Stress Tests before launch, then it would be cool to take a third of the community now, another different group for the next one, and everybody else for the last one.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

BETA!!

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Can we get a definition on what Anet defines as “loyal”?

I’m not salty, because i know what these stress tests involve, a lot of disconnecting, lag and attempting to log in, just curious as to what classes you as a “loyal” player in order to get a beta invite.

Or is it just a kitten poor choice of wording, and in actual fact, it’s completely random who got invited?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

BETA!!

tim.1280

And in this post you present a great reason why you should no be invited to the beta. I have bolded it for you.

Sure, this is a stress-test so it doesn’t really matter much. But for the real beta tests, that is not the way of thinking that ArenaNet wants.

“Please understand that these are early beta tests designed to stress core systems of an expansion that’s still in development.”

These betas are for stress tests. Why are you picking me apart, as if I am some nemesis of yours? How else do you think one finds bugs? One has to play the game.

BETA!!

lordkrall.7241

“Please understand that these are early beta tests designed to stress core systems of an expansion that’s still in development.”

These betas are for stress tests. Why are you picking me apart, as if I am some nemesis of yours? How else do you think one finds bugs? One has to play the game.

Did you read my whole post? I quite clearly pointed out that right now it is a stress-test so not that important, but when it comes to the actual betas in the future, it will be about finding bugs and helping to make the game ready, not “play before everyone else”.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

Posted by: Duncan.5164

Duncan.5164

I’m suprised at how many people are raging because they didnt get an invite.

First of all its a random draw. You dont always get lucky, you dont win the lottery every time its being held. And yes there are some who are always screwed., but thart doesnt change the fact its random. Some have more luck then others for some strange reason.

The message also says one of the most loyal, that doesnt mean the top gets chosen.

I got the feeling some people think because they play alot they kinda can demand an invite.

No mater how great a game this is, it still just a game. You win some you lose some. When HoT comes out everyone gets to play as much as they want. Il probably get hated by alot because of this but anyway wanted to post mine opinion.

BETA!!

psizone.8437

Can we get a definition on what Anet defines as “loyal”?

I’m not salty, because i know what these stress tests involve, a lot of disconnecting, lag and attempting to log in, just curious as to what classes you as a “loyal” player in order to get a beta invite.

Or is it just a kitten poor choice of wording, and in actual fact, it’s completely random who got invited?

They already said it’ll be people that signed up for the newsletter, are active in game and active in the forums. After all that, it’s random.

If you didn’t get in, it doesn’t mean they don’t think you’re loyal enough – just that you weren’t lucky enough to be chosen in the list of thousands that signed up and did the same things you did.

BETA!!

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Anet you fogot to send me invite

BETA!!

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

True loyalty does not need rewarding. Otherwise you’re not really loyal… you just want stuff.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

BETA!!

tim.1280

Did you read my whole post? I quite clearly pointed out that right now it is a stress-test so not that important, but when it comes to the actual betas in the future, it will be about finding bugs and helping to make the game ready, not “play before everyone else”.

Then why did you mention it? Are you purposely trying to start an argument? Or rub salt in the wound? “who doesn’t want to play HoT before everyone else”. Did I mention myself in this statement. It was meant as an analogy about how desirable these tests are.

This is off topic…

BETA!!

lordkrall.7241

I’d like to highlight this one. This is very important.
It basically means this lottery has NOTHING to do with loyalty. It means it’s selected from almost all accounts despite how long they play or how much money they spent. They should just change the wording to “selected from lucky fellows throughout all accounts”

We don’t have any idea what “just bought” means though.
Did he buy it yesterday?
Did he buy it during the sale?
Did he buy it a month ago?

How much have he played since he bought it?
How much have he spent on gems since he bought it?

It is a bit early to make a statement like that with the limited information we have.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Another possible factor in their selection process; they know how often people post to the forums. They might also have metrics gathered over time of the type of posts; whether they are troublemakers, problem solvers, question posers, bug reporters, good orators, etc. Since they are encouraging us to post our reactions, they might be selecting based on some of those criteria.

I don’t really suspect any ulterior motives in the “most loyal customers” comment. I think they’re just being polite (and it doesn’t hurt to stroke the egos of people that are being encouraged to express their opinions in social media).

I’m still hoping the rest of the community gets their chance. If you miss out, be consoled… a “stress test” is not the same thing as a beta test. They are trying to make things crash and burn in order to detect trouble spots. We are likely to experience all manner of buggy issues, which could mean virtual unplayability for some players based on the content they try to access and their own computer power and Internet connection.

A sneak peak is neat, but if you are one of the ones with an invitation then I hope you also view this from the standpoint of a responsible member of the community and report any issues you have. This is exactly what people have been calling for in the forums; a chance to test new content before it gets shoved out the door. Remember the latest bugfest? Of course you do! We still don’t have Guild chat, and our Animal Companions are still looking at everything like it’s a Scooby Snack. Let’s hope this Stress Test helps alleviate a repeat of that sort of thing.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

BETA!!

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

Just my 2 cents.

I’m wondering why you don’t invite all players from the main pvp teams on both EU and NA. Considering you’re advertising Stronghold and the Revenant so much, it’d be smart to give players that fuel the scene the opportunity to test and learn the map and class BEFORE big tournaments instead of having to learn on the fly, or worse, have some teams have access and others not… That’s how any company would do if they were wanting a healthy scene with teams that actually have game knowledge and legitimacy, not just 5 people that like playing together and have a lot of free time.

And yea, I’m pretty kittened not being considered “loyal enough” or not “elligible enough” or whatever.

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

BETA!!

lordkrall.7241

Even if he played 24/7 since last month, he wouldn’t have played 5k~10k hrs like many of us in forums :P

Having played 5k hours since release doesn’t mean you have played more than someone that have played 200 hours in a month though. Relatively speaking that is.

There have been 22,512 (give or take a few) hours since release. 5k is less than a fifth of that time.

One month is 744 hours. That means that those 200 hours is fourth or something like that. Which basically means that the one playing 200 hours one month after release have played relatively more than someone that have played 5k hours since release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

BETA!!

psizone.8437

Guys can we avoid personal attacks and trolling, we don’t want this thread to be locked.

Loyalty isn’t defined by how long you’ve played or how much you’ve spent, it was defined as “He who signs up for a mailing list, posts in the forum and plays the game shall be judged loyal” the mailing list being the key factor – if you sign up for it, you’re loyal enough for a chance at an invite. It’s pot luck after that, you’ll get another chance in a different beta event.

BETA!!

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Just my 2 cents.

I’m wondering why you don’t invite all players from the main pvp teams on both EU and NA. Considering you’re advertising Stronghold and the Revenant so much, it’d be smart to give players that fuel the scene the opportunity to test and learn the map and class BEFORE big tournaments instead of having to learn on the fly, or worse, have some teams have access and others not… That’s how any company would do if they were wanting a healthy scene with teams that actually have game knowledge and legitimacy, not just 5 people that like playing together and have a lot of free time.

And yea, I’m pretty kittened not being considered “loyal enough” or not “elligible enough” or whatever.

It’s a stress test. 2x two hours. Chances are you won’t get the entire 4 hours as it’s a stress test.
They didn’t invite all the loyal players. It’s RNG. Don’t be so entitled.

There will be more betas.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!