Balance Changes Upcoming

Balance Changes Upcoming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

Revenants with more damage? Oh, God

Right im like arent they already the king of all burst dmg? Precision strike , equilibrium, surge of the mists? Did they really need more dmg? lol If any thing they need to bring back Engi , ele and Necro/reaper power builds ; Rev is fine where it’s at… Just add more effective condi clearing to Revenant. Revenant is hard countered to condi builds.. it’s ridiculous.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

No need to worry Pro raiders will find the new meta post it and all others will follow like sheep. That is the way it always has been. BAAAAAH

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

No need to worry Pro raiders will find the new meta post it and all others will follow like sheep. That is the way it always has been. BAAAAAH

That’s not the issue here.
The main problem is that they are balancing part of a game that will push specific classes out of the party, but won’t even look at other roles (and nerf them) to give the pushed out classes the equal opportunity to replace them. That’s not balance.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

L2adapt, WvW had suffered numerous times because of PvE, furthermore it’s not like GW2 PvE is even remotely difficult. Oh no now you have to use at least one hand instead of smashing your head on your keyboard, whatever will you do ?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

At what level of healing power do you break even compared to current state? I think that’s a most valid question.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The main problem is that they are balancing part of a game that will push specific classes out of the party, but won’t even look at other roles (and nerf them) to give the pushed out classes the equal opportunity to replace them. That’s not balance.

It has never been balance. Before HoT, nobody wanted Rangers, nobody wanted Thieves outside of stealth, and Engineers barely made the cut. This has never changed since GW2 came out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

As expected, the mark has been missed. It isn’t SoI or anything like it, but the problem is and has been forever that boons are just too easy to get and too strong in general. Blobs will just run a few more mesmers for the same effect, lol.

They’ll never touch their precious HoT power-creeped garbage, though, where boons are given out by pretty much just existing.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

It is WAY past time to split balance between the three game modes (PVE, PVP, WVW).

I know it may be a hassle for devs, but it really is the only way to ensure you don’t kill something fun/useful in one area simply to balance things out in another.

And, as MANY are saying here, if you’re going to balance, you really should start with Engineers/Scrappers in PVE.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

It has never been balance. Before HoT, nobody wanted Rangers, nobody wanted Thieves outside of stealth, and Engineers barely made the cut. This has never changed since GW2 came out.

Exactly, so they should focus on making those classes more appealing/usable in specific modes instead of nerfing other aspects, which aren’t even the top issue.
I hope they are gonna nerf condi repears too, and all dps classes to be fair, so this kind of “low tier” classes would also get the chance to be part of the meta.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Thinking again about it. Still not agreeing with the Changes.

I mean, this will cause a Meta Shift and in most cases a living and Changing Meta is a good Meta. But while a Meta Shift can be good and making the Game more fun ( like Meta shifting from 4 Warri one Mesmer Dungeon running, over Time to a Dungeon Meta with more Classes having a Place. ) others can be really bad and this Balance Changes have a good Chance of gutting the Meta in PvE making it much more restricted. If a Change would lessen the Build diversity so much like the new Changes would do, then don’t implement them. This Game is much healthier with a great Build Diversity where a lot of Builds are good and can be played in the “Meta” or “Near-Meta”.

And this Change is a great Example on why we need Skill Split. Mesmers Signet of Inspiration will get a huge Nerf ( if the information on the Leak a few Weeks ago are correct the fixed Number is around 6 Seconds but I just hope that the Fixed Number is higher ) while it is understandable from a WvW Perspective this is completely unnessecary in PvE. You would then need 2 Chronos to get a similar Amount of Quickness for the entire Group, which means, more Alacrity will get spit out. And Classes like Ele will benefit quite a lot of Alacrity. A Thief will not benefit from it and as a Result will fall back a lot behind the Ele etc etc. Buffing Damage will not compensate this Nerf. Chrono is a Support Spec not there for its own DPS but to crank up the Groups DPS. This is going to be a big Change for PvE which is done because of WvW.

And I think I don’t need to Talk about Rev, this poor Class will get no Spot in the Raids now. To compensate quite a lot would need to be buffed for it. Here PvP is affecting the Rev in PvE.

Again, good Examples why we need a Skillsplit, otherwise the Gamemode would still interfere with each other and Changes to Balance one Mode could destroy the Balance of another one.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

L2adapt, WvW had suffered numerous times because of PvE, furthermore it’s not like GW2 PvE is even remotely difficult. Oh no now you have to use at least one hand instead of smashing your head on your keyboard, whatever will you do ?

It was never about PvE. It was about either WvW or sPvP.
And if you look at how the balance was being made in the last 2 years, you’ll see how heavily it impacted the PvE play style.
They should just do the extra mile and split the game modes already.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Leming.8436

Leming.8436

SEGREGATE PVP FROM PVE AND WVW ALREADY FOR kitten SAKE, HOW LONG ONE SIDE HAS TO SUFFER COS YOU FOUND SOMETHING “OP” IN SOME OTHER ASPECT OF THE GAME?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

From a WvW perspective this change is long overdue. Boonshare was a massively OP crutch used to promote cheese gameplay.

CCCP….

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

It would be nice if they started to use the newfangled tech they have talked about before to separate the three different game modes soon. It’s inevitably going to happen, and procrastinating is not going to fix anything. Your going to have so much work, if you keep using this “tent-pole” balance mentality running. Each expansion is going to make it worse as time goes by. You had the same problem in GW1 and your defiantly going to have the same problem in GW2. The first easiest solution would align WvW with PvP balance. Probably go as far as stick in the same equipment UI for gear from PvP to WvW.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Nuzt.7894

It was never about PvE. It was about either WvW or sPvP.
And if you look at how the balance was being made in the last 2 years, you’ll see how heavily it impacted the PvE play style.
They should just do the extra mile and split the game modes already.

That would be fine imo, but tbh if all these awesome PvE ppl that are raging right now were really that good (they wouldn’t be PvE’ing here) they wouldn’t even bat an eye at these changes because spoiler alert …. the PvE will still be simplistic enough for a hamster to complete.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It’s never been about adapting. Pushing classes out just sucks for those ppl that main it and is quite frankly terrible design. A 5/5 comp only has slightly less dmg than 4/4/2 in the current scenario, depending on what other buffs/nerfs we’ll see in the patch it’s prob not gonna be much different.

No the outcry is about diversity. Yet another class fighting over one of 4 spots, nerfing 2 good builds on druid so it only has a single one left.

If you wanna be a kitten about raids at least get your facts straight.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Tarim.2704

Tarim.2704

To quote a classic:
“No one’s arguing about the need for a plan. Your plan is just stupid and won’t work.”

On a serious note: if changes are limited to game modes where noted skills are a problem, it’s fine. Balancing the whole game around one game mode is kittened, as was many times said before. You can’t have the whole game balanced if you don’t split balance changes between game modes.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: arsleo.7813

arsleo.7813

you killed already WvW…
perhaps you are trying to kill the PvE…
if you want to just players play PvP? why you opened option WvW and PvE?

time to remove to GW2 on my computer after the balance patch…

TY Anet…

you are the apple of my eye…

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I guess you guys are back to making bad changes. I’d say “do skill splits for some of these changes”, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

SoI was fun while it lasted. You guys may want to consider buffing all of the underused and/or useless utilities before nerfing things into the garbage can.

I’m getting flashbacks back to the Frost Bow.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Sounds as if we’re looking to send Mesmer to the bottom of the list, again. I don’t understand what seems to be an institutional dislike for Mesmer.

Mesmerising Girl

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As always, balance focused on pve and not pvp.

gg.

What? Boon changes and druid changes are applicable to WvW and pvp.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Balance Changes Upcoming

Nuzt.7894

It’s never been about adapting. Pushing classes out just sucks for those ppl that main it and is quite frankly terrible design. A 5/5 comp only has slightly less dmg than 4/4/2 in the current scenario, depending on what other buffs/nerfs we’ll see in the patch it’s prob not gonna be much different.

No the outcry is about diversity. Yet another class fighting over one of 4 spots, nerfing 2 good builds on druid so it only has a single one left.

Classes have been pushed out of every mode from day 1, this is no different, and it’s no different in any other game. I’m not a fan of Anet but I will say they are no different from any other company when it comes to balancing, there is no such thing as perfect balance, it’s a myth, stop trying to convince yourself it’s possible.

Look at WvW, the first few years were GWEN, since HoT it’s been GREN, so out of 9 classes 5 have been optimal for organized WvW.

Further more I’m not kittening about raids, I’m stating facts, they are easy just like every other aspect of PvE in GW2.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I guess you guys are back to making bad changes. I’d say “do skill splits for some of these changes”, but I doubt that’s going to happen.

Unless it involves tormenting Thieves like the 4s Reveal that wasn’t removed from sPvP even though it was the worst idea ever. :|

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

Sounds as if we’re looking to send Mesmer to the bottom of the list, again. I don’t understand what seems to be an institutional dislike for Mesmer.

It’s because WvWers were whining about SoI being omnipotently powerful in WvW (2 chronos in a squad, bouncing all boons around, giving eventually the whole squad all boons with max duration and max stacks).
ANET should split the modes and stop doing this already. You can’t balance the whole game by balancing 1 mode only.

Balance Changes Upcoming

morrolan.9608

Given that its possible to get minutes of quickness and protection across a whole squad primarily due to boon share mesmers interaction with revenants some change was needed. My reading is that it doesn’t impact non boonshare builds.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You mean WvW is so skillful that it literally mimics PvE raid mechanics ?

Because first it was the Damage-Reduction meta till anet removed your bug riddled fun, then you WvW fanatics literally copied PvE with healing tempest and boon duration stacking to get perms-resistance.

It’s okay though the complaints you guys have made, have and will give you guys back the Pirateship meta with Ratwells, enjoy it.

Balance Changes Upcoming

morrolan.9608

It’s because WvWers were whining about SoI being omnipotently powerful in WvW (2 chronos in a squad, bouncing all boons around, giving eventually the whole squad all boons with max duration and max stacks).
ANET should split the modes and stop doing this already. You can’t balance the whole game by balancing 1 mode only.

It applies equally to raid squads though.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Granted, the skill is ridiculous in how it combos with itself, but mostly just because boons are that much more ridiculous.

If boon access was more controlled, it wouldn’t matter. But it isn’t. And ANet’s unwilling to take the plunge and nerf HoT.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Nuzt.7894

You would think this would be well received, now you guys can come up with new comps and actually put some thought into beating those scripted encounters. I bet the “hardcore” (lol) gw2 pve folks will treat this like a minor speedbump.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

Classes have been pushed out of every mode from day 1, this is no different, and it’s no different in any other game. I’m not a fan of Anet but I will say they are no different from any other company when it comes to balancing, there is no such thing as perfect balance, it’s a myth, stop trying to convince yourself it’s possible.

Look at WvW, the first few years were GWEN, since HoT it’s been GREN, so out of 9 classes 5 have been optimal for organized WvW.

Further more I’m not kittening about raids, I’m stating facts, they are easy just like every other aspect of PvE in GW2.

Yea, but making 1 class having a role for which you have to spend kittenload of money to be efficient and then remove it completelly out, not just of the meta, but from being viable in general, is plain stupid as well.

As it was mentioned a million times by now, they should split the skills by various modes and balance them accordingly.
You can’t balance it based on 3 different modes. 2 modes will always get kittened by it.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Boonshare is probably too strong but this is such a bad bad idea. Set caps on Signet of Inspiration is bullkitten for WvW. I would rather see this affect certain boons and not others. Boonshare has made WvW group fighting much more fun since you don’t down to condis instantly. I guess if I play my mesmer I’ll be ready to be a portal and veil factory and the subject of the usual “I need people to get off class x. Why do you bring that to WvW”. If you’re going to actually look at WvW balance issues perhaps you could something about some of the cheesebuilds because roaming is as big of a play-style as any in WvW.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

You would think this would be well received, now you guys can come up with new comps and actually put some thought into beating those scripted encounters. I bet the “hardcore” (lol) gw2 pve folks will treat this like a minor speedbump.

The comps already been figured out, 5-5.

Like you said GW2 isn’t exactly rocket science and the meta isn’t hard to figure out if you’ve been playing for a long time.

All this change really does is push away other classes like thief, DH hammer and rev from PvE raids since they have 0 benefit from alacrity.

It’ll be back to staff eles and the like.

You know how commanders in WvW are like we need more frontline and chastise every other non frontline? Well it’ll be the same in raids but with eles vs everything else.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

It applies equally to raid squads though.

Yepp, however, you only have 10 minutes or less to get the boons spread out between everyone, and you get way less players to support the 2 mesmers with the boons to begin with. Might in raids was never an issue and neither was fury. 1 mesmer and revenant were enough to provide perma quicknesss. Which is essentially what you needed.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

As far as raids go, if there are other changes paired with the ones stated in the OP it could actually be a big improvement. Saying things like “this kills raid comp diversity” is a little silly because raid comp diversity is already pretty bad, with druid/warrior/chrono/rev being essentially required against every boss, and the 4-5 remaining slots being filled in by DPS classes. I understand that raids are supposed to be hardcore content and “play what you want” doesn’t really apply, but come on, even if you don’t agree with the particular changes you have to agree that changes need to be made. Having the exact same core composition be optimal for every single fight is just bad design. I can’t blame the devs really because the classes weren’t originally designed with raids in mind, but from a raider’s viewpoint some kind of rework for the support classes has been long overdue.

Additionally, several classes have little to no relevance outside of a single utility skill or trait. Revenant without the boon duration facet is completely worthless. Necromancer without epidemic and plague signet is completely worthless. Mesmer without Signet of Inspiration might not be totally worthless but its use would be limited. While these aren’t bad classes in raids by any stretch, having the usefulness of an entire class be essentially dependent on a single skill/trait is pretty unhealthy for those classes.

Someone jokingly mentioned earlier that anet would also nerf epidemic too just to screw necros, well you know what? Epidemic deserves to nerfed in raids, that skill is completely ridiculous. It doesn’t just make bosses’ adds trivial, it makes them a negative for the boss, unless the fight is set up in such a way that necros are completely horrible (a la KC). With epidemic nerfed, it would be reasonable to buff other aspects of necromancer to make them more generally useful, which would both improve viability of necromancer and make raids better as a whole.

So I’m hoping that that is exactly what is happening to chrono and rev – since their single OP skill is being nerfed some other aspects of the classes can be buffed. Chronomancer with SoI in particular I feel has a negative effect on raids – its current iteration (and it has only been nerfed lol) is so powerful in raids that every future elite spec and skill is going to have to be made with it in mind. Just look at it now – there are several skills/traits that grant quickness which should be pretty solid but which chronomancer makes worthless (impossible odds, applied force). Alacrity on its own has shaped what is viable since raids were released. SoI sharing every boon and being repeatable is so good that people actually don’t use the hilariously OP facet of nature on anyone but the chronomancer. So yeah, Signet of Inspiration absolutely deserves to be nerfed, and it deserves to be nerfed hard. Sadly I’m expecting that anet will either not go far enough and people will just use two 100% boon duration chronos or we will continue with the status quo, or anet will nerf it into oblivion (which is fine with me) but then will not change anything else and mesmer will be worthless.

The druid nerfs are positive to me in the sense that they make raids harder by requiring healing gear. But they’re also potentially awful because they don’t address the core problem with druids which is the unbelievably stupid power of their support buffs, and now if the support skills get nerfed in the future (which would be reasonable) then druid might be garbage tier because they also have bad healing.

Finally, for the love of god can we please buff hammer and/or rifle skills on engineer in pve to consistently deal OK damage? Engineer has some of the sickest utility skills in the game but can’t bring any of them to raids because its repeatable damage is largely in its utility skills. All I’m asking for is one free utility slot. Just one. Just imagine, you could bring an elixer or a gyro to a raid without losing 20% of your damage!

Ultimately even if the changes wind up being awful for raids I will be grateful that an attempt was made. Having changes every so often makes the game a lot more fun.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Nuzt.7894

You mean WvW is so skillful that it literally mimics PvE raid mechanics ?

Because first it was the Damage-Reduction meta till anet removed your bug riddled fun, then you WvW fanatics literally copied PvE with healing tempest and boon duration stacking to get perms-resistance.

It’s okay though the complaints you guys have made, have and will give you guys back the Pirateship meta with Ratwells, enjoy it.

Oh good god, priceless, WvW copied PvE because no one figure it out Day 1 of HoT. do you even read what you type ? Do you really think that this game is that complicated that players from each mode didn’t have this nailed day 1? I guess I could say, PvE copied EU WvW because they’ve been doing boon share for years, SoI has been a thing in WvW since beta. I mean it’s not like mesmers ever used lyssa runes + SoI + Time Warp ages ago … nope didn’t happen. TY PvE for giving the WvW such a beautiful gift and figuring this strat out for us.

Once again, did someone say WvW was difficult ? I must have missed it, literally everything in this game is built for casual play there is no such thing as “hard” in GW2 in any mode.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Nukkuu.6591

Nukkuu.6591

It isn’t all bad. They are increasing mesmer damage

But we’re a support class and always have been. Our damage is irrelevant, if people want to do damage they should role another class. 90% of classes do damage. Let us keeps our unique active support role.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

Once again, did someone say WvW was difficult ? I must have missed it, literally everything in this game is built for casual play there is no such thing as “hard” in GW2 in any mode.

Nah, you just keep saying how much easier everything else is, while in fact, WvW is the most braind-dead mode in this game x’D

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

But we’re a support class and always have been. Our damage is irrelevant, if people want to do damage they should role another class. 90% of classes do damage. Let us keeps our unique active support role.

At least I see the Chrono as pure Support. Mesmer should get Damage with a new Elite Spec but it seems that Chronos will now get DPS thats not kitten anymore, just Bad ( because buffing Damage is what a pure Support Class needs ) and mediocre supporting capabilities.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: jhern.6097

jhern.6097

I’m totally on board for druid and herald balances. I don’t much care for the signet balance since I don’t use it.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Someone jokingly mentioned earlier that anet would also nerf epidemic too just to screw necros, well you know what? Epidemic deserves to nerfed in raids, that skill is completely ridiculous. It doesn’t just make bosses’ adds trivial, it makes them a negative for the boss, unless the fight is set up in such a way that necros are completely horrible (a la KC). With epidemic nerfed, it would be reasonable to buff other aspects of necromancer to make them more generally useful, which would both improve viability of necromancer and make raids better as a whole.

You say necro’s only reason to be in raids is Epidemic and you wanna nerf it? LOL
If you buff other aspects of necro’s builds then you will generate unbalance in pvp. And believe me, no one wants necro to be OP in pvp.
Epidemic is just right and needed to make the entire profession viable in raids.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

You say necro’s only reason to be in raids is Epidemic and you wanna nerf it? LOL
If you buff other aspects of necro’s builds then you will generate unbalance in pvp. And believe me, no one wants necro to be OP in pvp.
Epidemic is just right and needed to make the entire profession viable in raids.

Epidemic is FAR from right. There’s a reason why there are “5 necro meta” lfgs for high level fractals out there. Epidemic is OP as hell.
2x higher HP with an additional HP bar, with a ranged weapon that can easily make a 30k beeding aoe ongoing dps (without having to constatnly attack), is far away from just “okay”.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

No kitten this mentality. I shouldn’t have to roll another class just to be able to deal damage if I like playing as mesmer/chrono. The only decision I should have to make is whether I want to run a DPS build or a support (alacrity + quickness) build, I shouldn’t be forced into a support role, not in this game.

I don’t either, but I’m getting really tired of it. It’s almost as if, being a support class, mesmer highlights inherent problems in other classes being OP and then people want to nerf mesmer into the ground to keep their class from being nerfed in any possible way.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

So..nerf to SoI which will destroy build diversity in pve, not only for mesmers. In wvw there is enough dumb crap(dura runes etc) that its gonna still be hell. And mes will be back to veil bot and occasional portal. For pvp it doesnt matter.

Did revs really needed additional nerf? They dont have top damage, they allready got indirectly nerfed with huge mesmer nerf…seems to me like another forced by wvw change which wont even solve problem in wvw.

“increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations” sounds like another irrelevant scepter buff.

Sounds like pretty terrible ‘balance’ patch.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Spira.4578

No kitten this mentality. I shouldn’t have to roll another class just to be able to deal damage if I like playing as mesmer/chrono. The only decision I should have to make is whether I want to run a DPS build or a support (alacrity + quickness) build, I shouldn’t be forced into a support role, not in this game.

I don’t either, but I’m getting really tired of it. It’s almost as if, being a support class, mesmer highlights inherent problems in other classes being OP and then people want to nerf mesmer into the ground to keep their class from being nerfed in any possible way.

That’s why you have elite specs. Chronomancer is in fact a support class, while mesmer was supposed to be more of a situational dps class.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Remember peeps, these are the first 3 big things they’re hitting, not the only things. We’re going to have to wait for the balance notes on Tuesday to see if they adjusted other things to balance it out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No kitten this mentality. I shouldn’t have to roll another class just to be able to deal damage if I like playing as mesmer/chrono.

…do you seriously think that’s going to change? Or, at least, that it’s going to change with this balance patch?

The only decision I should have to make is whether I want to run a DPS build or a support (alacrity + quickness) build, I shouldn’t be forced into a support role, not in this game.

I can tell you, with a high degree of certainty, that if, after that change, you will try to use a Chrono dps build without support, you will either be kicked out of that raid group, or you will get carried. Hard.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Epidemic is FAR from right. There’s a reason why there are “5 necro meta” lfgs for high level fractals out there. Epidemic is OP as hell.
2x higher HP with an additional HP bar, with a ranged weapon that can easily make a 30k beeding aoe ongoing dps (without having to constatnly attack), is far away from just “okay”.

The 5 necro meta lfgs are just clueless pugs and far away from optimal. People chose to run 4 or 5 necros in fractals because they are bad and necros don’t die as fast as other classes.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That’s why you have elite specs. Chronomancer is in fact a support class, while mesmer was supposed to be more of a situational dps class.

I would understand that argument if mesmer had a DPS role in PvE, but it doesn’t. In fact, a chrono can put out more damage than a mesmer can due to WoC and CS, which means if anything Chrono is already our “DPS” class.

Right now, mesmers don’t have a DPS option for PvE, all of their options are support and it needs to change.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

I actually like the druid change because a lot of people have been saying base healing is just too good. However this will destroy build diversity, but I don’t think there’s a way to nerf base stat healing without doing it though.

The mesmer nerf is needed in WvW but it will demolish PvE…. This is why we need a WvW/PvP/PvE split.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: breno.5423

breno.5423

Just make a different balancing for PvE, WvW and sPvP.