Balance Changes Upcoming

Balance Changes Upcoming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

If the most noticeable changes are made to Druid healing and Mes/Rev Boon duration…. there is absolutely no hope for you guys left. /gquit

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Another thing I’d like to add is that gear changes for Vets that are sitting on stacks of spirit shards, materials, tokens ect is kind of a minor inconvenience while its a drop kick to the crotch for those of us that have not been in the game all that long. I’m sick of the cycle of set-backs that keep plaguing those of us that have played GW2 just a little over a year.

Hero tokens for one.

Development said that they recognized the imbalance/ penalty against the new and starting WvW player and did away with the dmg/health buff line to only offer it again with rewards gated by hero tokens…Gear wars is WoW, while GW is suppose to be more about build and play style.

The last time the changes set me back I took about 4 months off out of frustration (check my logs, I just came back, and I’m being honest here). I’m not sure I’m prepared to take another, and I certainly won’t open my wallet for it.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Watch how gw1 was balancing with pvp and pve aspects.

Did I hear smiter’s boon?

Well they did a Panic Nerf on Smiters Boon back then.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2yigwn/thank_you_pax_east_fans_had_a_great_time/cpad1gq

Like well a few Minutes of thinking and this happened.

Why do I think the same went on for Signet of Inspiration and Rev?

It didn’t. The skill was in play for so long and absolutely destroyed any real train of thought for Raids and WvW. Just have a mesmer boonshare and profit. We were seeing enemies stand in AoEs in WvW and not going down, they weren’t even trying to avoid them. And if you need that running in raids, it diminishes the overall skill level of the party. Put 2 and 2 together, and you can see that the move needed to be nerfed. I won’t be surprised if it only gives 10s of every buff now (which can still be pretty powerful).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If the most noticeable changes are made to Druid healing and Mes/Rev Boon duration…. there is absolutely no hope for you guys left. /gquit

Druid ARE a healing class the fact that ppl made them into high in dps classes that can still heal well (mostly self heal) is a problem that needs to be fixed. Boon duration mostly mes boon share lets boons go beyond there limit duration or braking boon balancing altogether. Also +50% boon duration was a bad ideal to add to a class and to put that on an aoe is even worst most classes in the game have to work hard for +30% or even less but rev effects gets it for free.

If you want a broken game where you get a super advantages for running broken builds then i am not sure if you want to play a real pvp game and just simply want an “i win game” where you win by doing no work.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

I do not play druid, but if it is to nerf that at least improve our pets, wyverns, bears and even moa has super slow attacks and low damage and need urgent improvement and more efficient attacks …. as well as those f2 pets need to have a lower cooldown and be more efficient.

Only improve the pets and I are pleased that even playing with my ranger core that is too good.

(edited by Rap Tiger.1257)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Sounds pretty reasonable…

Balance Changes Upcoming

RyuDragnier.9476

No druid game, but if it is to nerf that at least improve our pets, wyverns, bears and even moa has super slow attacks and low damage and need urgent improvement and more efficient attacks …. as well as those f2 pets need to have a lower cooldown and be more efficient.

Only improve the pets and I are pleased that even playing with my ranger core that is too good.

Doubtful they’d buff the pets. They nerfed them from the getgo because of PvP, and odds are doing that would cause PvP to call for nerfs for them again. <_<

[hS]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

People have been complaining about power creep since HoT elite specs. Things get nerfed, ppl complain. Things get buffed, ppl complain.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Tenchu The Wolf.3418

Tenchu The Wolf.3418

Druid ARE a healing class the fact that ppl made them into high in dps classes that can still heal well (mostly self heal) is a problem that needs to be fixed. Boon duration mostly mes boon share lets boons go beyond there limit duration or braking boon balancing altogether. Also +50% boon duration was a bad ideal to add to a class and to put that on an aoe is even worst most classes in the game have to work hard for +30% or even less but rev effects gets it for free.

If you want a broken game where you get a super advantages for running broken builds then i am not sure if you want to play a real pvp game and just simply want an “i win game” where you win by doing no work.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only two reasons Revenants are allowed in raids is because they provide Fury and they gave the Chronomancer enough boon duration to cover the groups 100% uptime needs in quickness. Some pre patch builds currently allow you to run without a revenant because you can just as easily get Fury coverage from the druid’s Tiger.

Their damage isn’t stellar and any team that knows how to use their breaks doesnt necessitate the presence of a Revenant.

Teams WILL choose to drop Revenants from raids to run two Chronomancers for quickness coverage. The only exception to this case is if Revenants see such a huge damage increase that they are competitive for a DPS slot, but that means they are competing with damage roles, not one of the now basically mandatory Two Chronomancers. Revenants along with Thieves also do not benefit much from Alacrity.

Druids with damage are only run in groups where the mechanics of the players are tight enough that they aren’t taking avoidable damage, or there is already a healing druid present and they want a mixed class. Making this option kittentier doesn’t fix any kind of problem it literally only removes build diversity. I have never heard anyone in PvE was saying ‘Druids heal too much while doing damage’ because thats not the only team utility that they bring. Tempests have higher sustained and burst heals with a full healing build, but you dont take them over a standard druid because they can’t grant Grace of the Land.

If you wanted to increase the healer diversity you would either REWORK Grace of the Land so its not mandatory OR give tempests something similar so you have a flavor of Tempest healer to go with the three flavors of Druid.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Arcane.1526

Arcane.1526

Say hello to 2x chrono 2x druid 2x ps 2x reaper 2x tempest for most bosses

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

If you want Druids to use healing power, could you add an offensive stat combo for condition power Druids that has healing power?

Currently the only options are:
- Shaman (Major Vitality, Minor Condition Damage & Healing Power): defensive stat combo, vitality isn’t very useful, only offensive part is minor condi dmg.
- Settler (Major Toughness, Minor Condition Damage & Healing Power): because of major toughness very bad for messing with tanking in raids. Only one minor offensive stat again.
- Apothecary (Major Healing Power, Minor Condition Damage & Toughness): still toughness to mess with tanking in raids, and only minor offensive stat.

So no option comparable to for example Zealot (Major Power, Minor Precision & Healing Power) that power builds can use.

Example of something that could be used:

Major Condition Damage & Power, Minor Expertise & Healing Power (similar to Viper)

I know that Clerics (Major Healing, minor Power/Toughness) is so unpopular as to not exist, but it does. It’s better than Apothecary in youre scenarios, anyway.

I listed options for healing power in CONDITION builds. I’m perfectly aware of Cleric, but I sincerely hope you are not suggesting running Cleric gear for a condition build.

Nope, I just missed the condition word… problem when speed reading 6 pages on a break.

Then your point stands.

Wonder if Power/Healing builds might be a thing after this… I do admit I would love to see a use for Cleric’s gear that was closer to meta, I just like the concept of the stat.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Tesla Eot.1469

Tesla Eot.1469

About time you guys nerf perma quickness build. Us rangers only had it for a few hours… before the ban hammer dropped, but then again we are used to this treatment since the beginning of the game. Starting with that shortbow AA nerf…

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Druid ARE a healing class the fact that ppl made them into high in dps classes that can still heal well (mostly self heal) is a problem that needs to be fixed.

So we nerf the crap out of heals? That’s supposed to make things better? Ive got some bad news for you if you think a full heal spec is going to be even more powerful after this update. Their aim is to gut base healing and boost stat effects such that you now need to spec full healing to meet base functionality.

All this change does is further solidify the Druid as a pseudo 10th class, rather than a spec that builds upon the base class, now with it’s own special armor set that’s needed for it to even work as advertised.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: RoxasEnds.4102

RoxasEnds.4102

So basically what i read was the preview of upcoming changes. 7 pages worth of complaints from people who obviously never made a thief.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Rip build diversity, rip revenant, rip everything but mirror comp. Noice.

Actually they are trying to increase it, example of druids they will be with healing stats for better healing if they wan to heal instead of not using those stats to heal , people will have to use stats for the roles they want, instead of using one stats and get all of the good things for the class, if that isnt create builds diversity…

THe thing is that they need to do this for all classes, players pick stats and roles.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I know I’m being quite the special snowflake here, but I think they shouldn’t split the skills for balance. On the contrary, I think they should CHOOSE a single base play-style and adjust the whole game around it, adding variety and flexibility to each different mode through means outside the build balance.

Of course, doing this would imply a significant change in ALL aspects of the game, but IMO, in the long run, it would be way better than begin a sort of atomizing of balance, were Professions slowly began to derive from their original form and purpose to become a confusing mess.

I’m not the best one explaining ideas, but i will try to give an example of what I’m talking about. (All the choices will be mine in this example, based I what I feel make sense, but even if I’m not making the best choices, the idea still could be used and improved by more expert brains)

Let say the chosen basic play-style is “5 man party synergy”. Then we give it context in WvW, because that is the only mode were PvP and PvE coexist (So it should be the mode with more variables to take on account).

Now we balance the profession builds with this in mind: any 5 different professions should be able to cover all the needs for this team to fairly confront another 5 man team, and to have a decent challenge from the environmental creatures, traps, terrain and puzzles. With this logic, the party becomes a much more relevant working unit, and also a limit within which the balance can be defined and controlled. So, your specialized booster will not affect 20 people, but a max of 5. Your healing too, will be designed for a party of 5, and your cleanse options too. Your party DPS could be controlled to effectively max out at a certain power and condi totals, so you’ll need both, and you could do the same with CC needs: without infinite sources of reflect or stability, CC could became useful again, without becoming op (because it is finite, too).
Only with this sorted out, you began to balance/create the rest of the content. PvP would balance more or less easier (you’ll already done the heavy lift, so which is left is to balance gear, caps, rezs and times).
Zerg WvW can be sort out by working not with masses of players, but with numbers of parties: numbers became less preponderant when the combat is effectively centered in party vs party (Lets be extreme: if your party engage another one, they can do 100% dps each other, but they do and receive only 50% dps to other, collateral parties). Etc.
Raids become not content for 10 man, but content for 2 parties. We don’t need to worry about professions being not used, because we already balanced them all to be viable in 5 man parties.
World bosses became designed as if they were npc zergs: each one has multiple “party mechanics” which your party has to overcome. (Example: Instead of only 1 big pair of defiance and vitality bars, the boss has 1 for each party present)
Etc. All these are just examples, not to be taken too seriously, just to illustrate a way of balancing things that IMO, would give much better results in the long run, for players, consumers, developers and stakeholders.

TLDR: IMO, Instead of trying to balance every piece of each one of the multiple (and ever-multiplying) modes this gigantic game has, Anet should first balance the basic game-play unit they choose (a steel strong choice, not a temporal whim), and then adjust, balance and design the content around it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

TL;DR this patch:

PvE players:

“ANet, the DPS meta is stupid! I want to play a sustain build and be viable! We need roles!”

-> ANet makes Druid and Chrono support builds, gives Revs plenty of boon access. Nerfs ele’s dominance over DPS. The effects absolutely demolish the little integrity WvW and sPvP have left.

All Competitive players: “This game is a ****ing joke. You’ve got no idea what you’re doing.” -> Quit

-> Guilds start clearing “hardcore” raids easily with 3 people.

->ANet tries to do something to stop competitive play from outright dying while sales plummet from over-neglect and bad design decisions to the competitive formats for years.

The PvE players again:

“ANet why are you making me unable to deal damage and full heal/give my party peraboons/etc. at the same time?! I want my class to be good at everything and always in the meta! Being forced into roles is horrible! This nerfs are uncalled for!”

Competitive players: “The changes won’t actually really change anything. You’re still missing the problem despite us clearly spelling out for you many times.”

-> TBD: ANet probably listens to PvE at the last minute by tweaking numbers up, and the intended effects of the changes do literally nothing for diversity game-wide.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

GFor Mesmer, we’re looking at making Signet of Inspiration’s boon sharing functionality a bit more controlled, giving each shared boon a fixed duration. To help compensate for these general reductions, we’ll be increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations.
-The Skills Team

If you are nerfing inspiration signet, it could do more instead of a fixed duration to reduce the % of the duration shared, like 100% to 75%. This way the skill factor (as small or huge as it can be depending of the person perspective) of knowing when to share and when not, will still be there.

A fixed duration,its an easy solution, but is not good to stimulate good and more active gameplay (or it will be more mindless depending of perspective).

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: KeyboardNinja.6785

KeyboardNinja.6785

If you are nerfing inspiration signet, it could do more instead of a fixed duration to reduce the % of the duration shared, like 100% to 75%. This way the skill factor (as small or huge as it can be depending of the person perspective) of knowing when to share and when not, will still be there.

This is an excellent concept. The numbers suggest that SoI could be nerfed to share around 60% duration without forcing groups into a mirror comp, and arguably even 40-50% would still be alright (though some quickness downtime would be observed). The margin for error would be a lot lower, and bad chronomancers of today would be utterly intolerable chronomancers with this change. But it would work.

It doesn’t fix Revenants, but it at least avoids breaking everything else.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Rip build diversity, rip revenant, rip everything but mirror comp. Noice.

Actually they are trying to increase it, example of druids they will be with healing stats for better healing if they wan to heal instead of not using those stats to heal , people will have to use stats for the roles they want, instead of using one stats and get all of the good things for the class, if that isnt create builds diversity…

THe thing is that they need to do this for all classes, players pick stats and roles.

People already use Magi druid in PUG groups. It’s more advanced or just good groups that use the Condi or Zerk druids. What this change basically does is move Druid from Magi, Zealot, Viper, or Zerk to Magi or Zealot. 4 vs 2, yup it’s less

Was it OP that Druids could heal so well while in full damage gear, absolutely, but it did lend itself to more diversity. Really hope they put out a Condi version of Zealot though.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: allias.1420

allias.1420

Anet, will this adorable little Asura change your mind?! On behalf of all Revenants, we beg of you!

Attachments:

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

RIP Revenant in PvE.

Good. The profession has been an OP monstrosity since launch and when merely balancing it to be on par is consider “RIP” then the balance team is doing something right finally.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Nike.2631

So we nerf the crap out of heals? That’s supposed to make things better?

This game has at least 4 -very- powerful healers. That people THINK druid is the only one is a pretty definite sign the class needs to be beaten about the head and shoulders with the nerf bat until you’re look for “a healer” from any of the 4-5 strong choices and not OMGBBQNEEDDRUID.

Balance Changes Upcoming

KeyboardNinja.6785

This game has at least 4 -very- powerful healers. That people THINK druid is the only one is a pretty definite sign the class needs to be beaten about the head and shoulders with the nerf bat until you’re look for “a healer” from any of the 4-5 strong choices and not OMGBBQNEEDDRUID.

And yet, the reason people bring druids (GotL, GoE and spirits) aren’t being touched. This nerf is addressing gearing and hybrid druids, not the desirability of druids in raids. Ele and Rev healers will remain curiosities that no one cares about when optimizing comps, as evidenced by the fact that they already heal for more than druids do (by a wide margin, in fact).

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: shiro.2193

shiro.2193

And yet, the reason people bring druids (GotL, GoE and spirits) aren’t being touched. This nerf is addressing gearing and hybrid druids, not the desirability of druids in raids. Ele and Rev healers will remain curiosities that no one cares about when optimizing comps, as evidenced by the fact that they already heal for more than druids do (by a wide margin, in fact).

the rev nerf will nerf the healing for them though so depending on how big the nerf is ele might be the best healer for raids

hiibari human thief
randal althor char warrior
hibbari norn guardian

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear. We feel that giving a bit of a “heads-up” is appropriate.

Problem is its not so easy to get alternate sets.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

RIP Revenant in PvE.

Good. The profession has been an OP monstrosity since launch and when merely balancing it to be on par is consider “RIP” then the balance team is doing something right finally.

lol sounds like your just salty. OP in pve? your kittening kidding.

im bad at sarcasm

Balance Changes Upcoming

Nike.2631

You can try to dismiss it as salty, but since my ideas pretty much defined how Elite Specs work, most people who know my post history, including the balance team, know my interest is as a designer and my concern will always be for the health of the game over the sniveling of people who think their kitten is getting snipped.

Revenant was at launch and still is grossly over the baseline, and will still be attractive if not out right overpowered after these changes. GOOD Revenants will stay with it and continue to shine, and flavor-of-the-month reactionaries will jump ship like the rats they are. These are good things and to be welcomed.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

The 100% up time on Quickness seems unintended. It messes with balance badly as many skills do not work well with Quickness. Same can be said about Stability and Protection in WvW. These boons are not meant to have any where remotely close to 100% up time, and it seems the devs are going to change that.

The question is when the dust settles, Ranger and Mesmer, which are played primarily for support, will they have viable dps options? They currently do not. As for Rev, with or without F1, Rev will remain one of the most viable dps, but also is the least diverse class in terms of viable builds. Will see if any of that changes. TBH, considering that most of these issues have been there since HoT release, I am not optimistic.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Seems good for WvW and PvP, not sure about PvE as I never enjoyed that side if the game (or any game for that matter).

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Meta gonna change once again….

Will these classes continue to do what they doing or be removed from the picture completely, only time will tell.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

The 100% up time on Quickness seems unintended. It messes with balance badly as many skills do not work well with Quickness. Same can be said about Stability and Protection in WvW. These boons are not meant to have any where remotely close to 100% up time, and it seems the devs are going to change that.

The question is when the dust settles, Ranger and Mesmer, which are played primarily for support, will they have viable dps options? They currently do not. As for Rev, with or without F1, Rev will remain one of the most viable dps, but also is the least diverse class in terms of viable builds. Will see if any of that changes. TBH, considering that most of these issues have been there since HoT release, I am not optimistic.

This is what happens to raids

SoI Nerf → 2 Mesmers (dps buffer) → Less Dps , + Alacrity → 4 Elementalist (dps) (because alacrity and fix dps loss)
2 Druids (dps buff and healer)… zealot will probably be the best option
2 Warriors (dps buff)

Necros will see some play

Thief out, Rev out (you can’t use them to be your fury bot, because you need 2… and Rev dps is bad if you take ele as reference) Guardian maybe can see play since alacrity is good for them

PS: Only some insane buffs or other nerfs can change this… + nerfs will also make raids more dificult, in fact i feel sorry for some groups that have problems. Because now their problems just skyrocket.

(edited by MFranco.9514)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yeah, let’s embrace the alternative where nobody brings a ranger at all because the only thin g rangers excel at is healing.

Great idea.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

That doesn’t apply in this case since boon sharing is a problem in both WvW and PvE raids. In raids it is only an issue for speed running since you can easily finish all raids without the OTT boon sharing.

Boon sharing has never been a PvE/Raid problem, don’t talk about things you have no idea about.

Raids will still finish at the same speed now it just kills diversity since we’ll take 2 chronos instead of 1 and remove all classes that don’t benefit from alacrity (RIP thief, hammer DH, rev etc).

Will you be able to finish them with 1 after the nerf?

Well, a group of people capable of doing so is definitely going to decrease.

Why are people crying at druid nerf? Why are you allowed to heal for lots but are also able to ware either berserker or viper gear at the same time. I can’t think of any other class that can get away with having strong healing AND high dmg out put.

The druid healing builds with zerker armor are neither strong healing (both tempest and Vent rev are better), nor high dps (ranger dps is not top level even at its best, and healling builds sacrifice a lot of that dps due to different trait choices).

Yeah lets totally forget that druid is one of the best support professions in the game and remains top dog.

Druid and mesmer are OP in raids and will remains strong. Their support is unrivaled and its about time not every group always takes 1 rev 1 mesmer 2 PS 2 druids. Support specs should be more interchangeable just like the current dps specs .

I disagree with the way anet goes about it, but the personal dps/healing and support a druid brings is absoluty ridiculous.

Balance Changes Upcoming

KeyboardNinja.6785

Druid and mesmer are OP in raids and will remains strong. Their support is unrivaled and its about time not every group always takes 1 rev 1 mesmer 2 PS 2 druids. Support specs should be more interchangeable just like the current dps specs .

I disagree with the way anet goes about it, but the personal dps/healing and support a druid brings is absoluty ridiculous.

I agree with you. The point everyone is making is that these changes make this problem worse, not better. Everyone will still bring two druids and two ps. However, they will now also bring two mesmers. Revenants disappear entirely, and the classes you list as being a problem (that I agree with!) are more emphasized than ever.

Balance Changes Upcoming

MFranco.9514

Seems good for WvW and PvP, not sure about PvE as I never enjoyed that side if the game (or any game for that matter).

For what they are saying is good for WvW (i don’t play it, i don’t like pvp unbalanced and the mod is unbalanced by nature, rally and numbers matters alot… but mostly rally… i realy hate rally in WvW). For Spvp it will not change almost nothing… SoI for ex. is not even used there.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Honestly if its 100% uptime on quickness that was the problem I feel like this would have been nerfed back with the first balance patch that also gutted alacrity for chronos.

This seems like a kneejerk response to the perma boon meta in WvW, and unless they address the root problem of elite specs and Rev farting out boons every step it won’t actually be an improvement

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

if 1 change to 1 skill can remove the class from raids. its not op. sorry.if you wanna talk pvp? then sure ill agree. wvw? hell yes. pve? gtfo

im bad at sarcasm

Balance Changes Upcoming

RyuDragnier.9476

if 1 change to 1 skill can remove the class from raids. its not op. sorry.if you wanna talk pvp? then sure ill agree. wvw? hell yes. pve? gtfo

Actually, if nerfing 1 skill removes the class from raids, it usually means the PLAYERBASE set up the meta to abuse said skill. Which means the skill is OP and DOES need to be adjusted along with the rest of the class itself so they can start bringing the class along for something other than that one skill. It seems Anet is following that idea, and I give them props for that. Now the question is can they make the class worthy of bringing for other than that reason? Such as buffing damage, heals, etc etc.

[hS]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Have you ever played druid or looked at the numbers? Druid DPS is amongst the LOWEST of all classes.

http://www.qtfy.enjin.com/dps

In fact, they are so low that most groups barely bother doing anything but Magi druids because the DPS gain is so minimal and is still trash even if you go full condi or zerk.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Balance Changes Upcoming

RyuDragnier.9476

Have you ever played druid or looked at the numbers? Druid DPS is amongst the LOWEST of all classes.

http://www.qtfy.enjin.com/dps

In fact, they are so low that most groups barely bother doing anything but Magi druids because the DPS gain is so minimal and is still trash even if you go full condi or zerk.

They won’t buff Ranger’s DPS because of PvP, the one mode that Rangers excel in the most. Most of the Ranger nerfs were caused by that mode, so don’t ever expect a Ranger buff until they finally start separating things for modes.

[hS]

Balance Changes Upcoming

MFranco.9514

Speaking about balance in wvw… lol. PvP Unbalanced = WvW, why you think there is no restrictions in WvW? Anyone can use their expansive food… i will not even speak about thiefs. PvP Balanced is on Spvp even so it has some problems but they always trie to fixed it…. you will never have fair matches on WvW. In the end is just a fun mode, where numbers matter alot and railly ruins the fun. Also this balance don’t affect spvp at all… for PVE it screws up guardian, thief and rev, not mesmer. If devs are ok on having again a Ele meta again and screw up the balance, i supose WvW guys will buy all the gems to keep the game running.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

A message from the Skills Team:
As this update rolls out we will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these changes, along with the remainder of the balance updates, and will make additional adjustments and tweaks as necessary. Thanks very much for your time!
-The Skills Team

I think we need to take this part into consideration.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

As this update rolls out we will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these changes, along with the remainder of the balance updates, and will make additional adjustments and tweaks as necessary. Thanks very much for your time!
-The Skills Team

I think we need to take this part into consideration.

Yes they’ll monitor it for 3 months after which they’ll once again make these huge sweeping changes.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You can try to dismiss it as salty, but since my ideas pretty much defined how Elite Specs work, most people who know my post history, including the balance team, know my interest is as a designer and my concern will always be for the health of the game over the sniveling of people who think their kitten is getting snipped.

Revenant was at launch and still is grossly over the baseline, and will still be attractive if not out right overpowered after these changes. GOOD Revenants will stay with it and continue to shine, and flavor-of-the-month reactionaries will jump ship like the rats they are. These are good things and to be welcomed.

Thanks for the laugh. If you honestly think that your ideas shaped elite specs, then go on saying things such as that druids are taken for their heals and not their buffs in raids & fractals, then… well. It just so happened that druids were capable of doing both the healing and bringing the buffs at the same time, which will still be the case after the patch; depending on how hard the nerfs hit however it might kill off berserker/viper druids or at the very least diminish the amount of players who can pull it off. Oh and Rangers are actually pretty much at the bottom of the DPS list, to whoever mentioned that.

Now, would you please go on and elaborate on why exactly revenant is OP in PvE when the only thing that made them desired was the 50% boon duration buff?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Bottom line, they don’t know wtf they are doing any more. The real team left years ago and Mo doesn’t have a clue what to do to fix the game.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Substance E.4852

Oh yes, those poor revenants and ele’s. How do they sleep at night knowing people will begging them to play the dps and boon spam roles but not healer? The injustice!

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Greetings, Tyrians!

We are here today to talk about some of the build-thematic changes that will be coming with the next balance iteration. Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear. We feel that giving a bit of a “heads-up” is appropriate.

One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.

Similarly, there will be changes in boon duration and boon application for a few professions. For the Revenant, we’ll be looking at reducing Naturalistic Resonance’s base boon duration. For Mesmer, we’re looking at making Signet of Inspiration’s boon sharing functionality a bit more controlled, giving each shared boon a fixed duration. To help compensate for these general reductions, we’ll be increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations.

-The Skills Team

Are you kidding me….Naturalistic Resonance is one of the only reasons I started playing my Rev as it is allowing me to stack my own boons well as well as support my teammates….

Really getting sick and tired of these “changes”. You better work on the skills that are never used to increase build diversity and unlock the elite specs through eg a quest row so people can use them as soon as they hit 80 to enjoy them during the campaigns instead of afterwards…

Anyhow…what are we kiddin ourselves. Anet never gives a kitten about the peoples opinion on this forum…they almost never actively reply to opinions/requests from the community, hence I even think they won’t read the replies to their own posts!

(edited by robertjan.2197)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

After reviewing this thread I agree with many that it is time to separate WvW from PvE. Its no secret that I’m a WvW fan. That is “my game mode”. However what I see being purposed makes me happy but it is going to have a negative impact on the PvE community. I don’t want that. This game has had too many shake-ups and the recovery from the last one has been slow (check the numbers do the math). The formula between pvp,wvw,pve,raids creates too many variables to balance without having a negative impact on game mode, diversity, and classes.

Its time to take a serious look at this proposal that players from all platforms have asked for. Please.
Respectfully.
Kamara

This. So much this. 100% agreed here in terms of SPLIT THE BALANCE BETWEEN GAME MODES for the love of all that is holy.

WvW is my #1 game mode but I also respect those who enjoy PvE and/or Raid on a frequent basis so I’m really hoping these ‘nerfs’ aren’t parallel in all game modes. I’m hoping things are changed to be more skillful instead of ‘activate all boons and away we go, indestructibly so.’

Really tired of seeing every guild group and their mum’s brown dog running boonshare in WvW. It creates a scene where the enemy group is near un-killable because they constantly have up-time of 1 minute or more of boons; sustain machines. You can only do so much boon stripping in the game, unfortunately with the state of SoI boonsharing capabilities it’s moot because these boons keep getting re-applied literally every few moments from various sources/mesmers across the board.

Someone mentioned a mechanic involving stripped boons not being able to be re-applied within a set time frame. This could cut down on the immense swath of boons being re-applied all the time regarding WvW game-play.

I hope others give constructive feedback instead of assuming details and acting like the sky is falling.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Substance E.4852

Someone mentioned a mechanic involving stripped boons not being able to be re-applied within a set time frame. This could cut down on the immense swath of boons being re-applied all the time regarding WvW game-play.

This is an interesting idea but a WvW where I die because stab got stripped and I couldn’t apply it again for 10s isn’t an appealing thought in the hard CC clusterkitten that is post-HoT GW2.