Balance Changes Upcoming

Balance Changes Upcoming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If the most noticeable changes are made to Druid healing and Mes/Rev Boon duration…. there is absolutely no hope for you guys left. /gquit

Druid ARE a healing class the fact that ppl made them into high in dps classes that can still heal well (mostly self heal) is a problem that needs to be fixed.

So we nerf the crap out of heals? That’s supposed to make things better? Ive got some bad news for you if you think a full heal spec is going to be even more powerful after this update. Their aim is to gut base healing and boost stat effects such that you now need to spec full healing to meet base functionality.

All this change does is further solidify the Druid as a pseudo 10th class, rather than a spec that builds upon the base class, now with it’s own special armor set that’s needed for it to even work as advertised.

I think the ideal is to nerf the base healing but make healing power more effective so druids healing is not as strong with out healing power but is much more viable as a healing class over all. They did the same thing with tempest auras.

Which is actually a really sound idea, really enforces the specialization aspect of elite specializations. Unfortunately, such changes would be much better received if we had more than 1 elite spec out right now and the overall design would be more apparent. But I do like that ANet is trying to head in this direction of actual specializations and away from jack of all trades.

The base classes and all of there lines are jack of all trades the fact that you only have one line with specialization is not going to changes that vs the other 2 lines BUT it will make the build lean more that way.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Say hello to 2x chrono 2x druid 2x ps 2x reaper 2x tempest for most bosses

Yup. They would be insane to exclude basically 4 other classes and making them redundant in raiding, but it’s not looking good. Having said that, if they nerf Necro’s epidemic, then you can add reaper to the scrapheap too. People will just take Burnzerkers again. Will reserve final judgement until patch day.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

Engineers really need help in being competitive. There are those of us who do not like to play Scrapper, which seems to be where all the positive changes have happened lately. Do something to help RIFLE engineers as they are terribly underpowered compared to some of the other classes.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So are we still trying to do half measures instead of just separating the modes instead of screwing over one game mode to fix problems in another? And end up doing nothing as a result? If revs and mesmer boon share is too good in WvW, then just nerf it in WvW. No?

Why even bother?

Because having a split is a major reason why we see imbalance.

sPvP is already balanced differently than WvW and PvE because the sheer amount of stats and stat diversity available are simply less than PvE and WvW. What doesn’t work in one format works wonderfully in another.

There doesn’t need to be a split. ANet would just be overwhelmed with things to adjust (as if they aren’t already), especially as more elite specs are released. They need to actually normalize the formats better. PvE balance seriously doesn’t matter so long as the content can be completed. All this complaining about the PvE meta doesn’t mean crap. You will find a group doing literally anything playing on literally anything. You might not be optimal, but if you beat the content on a sub-optimal build, it doesn’t actually matter. There will always be a mathematically-superior meta in PvE and it will never change until professions are nerfed or buffed, because encounters don’t change and can be broken down into literal formulas. So long as can group can complete the content, it shouldn’t matter. PvP areas, not so much, which is where the precedent of good design really matters.

And that’s the other major reason why we see vast differences between formats: the actual skills and mechanics themselves are often terribly-designed or implemented. ANet has a staggering number of reworks to do, because some things like certain weapons, traits, etc., will never actually be good regardless what they do, until totally scrapped and re-worked. If balance is split up and everything “seems” good, it just makes it a much more difficult knot to try and untangle unless the skills and mechanics themselves change between formats. I don’t know about you, but I’d like to rest assured that my weapons skills are the same when moving between PvE/sPvP/WvW. That’s just not possible if they take the split balance approach without just adding objectively more work; if they’re going to re-design something, doing so in ways that won’t break any given format is easier than trying to manage re-designing the same mechanic into three different ones between the formats, which may propagate more balance work and demand the same process over and over.

The absolute best thing they could possibly do right now is put PvE stat-selection options/values (aside from food) into sPvP, remove Durability and Perplexity runes altogether, and then work on re-designing terribly-designed mechanics to function between formats.

We see vast differences between formats, because well, the formats are vastly diffrent to begin with. Normalizing all of them doesn’t really make any sense to me, and I don’t take laziness as an excuse either.

Factually speaking, we have just seen game modes affected negatively by changes intended for other game modes. Trying to find a way to do it while tweaking it so it doesn’t have such effects seems like even more work if you ask me. There are also good examples of the split such as the differences between confusion and retaliation which makes things playable to begin with.

PvE balance does matter; and it’s not just about tweaking the meta. Sure, some options will always be the best, but it doesn’t mean that there couldn’t be more options. Obviously the balance isn’t going to be with the same intent as it is in wvw or pvp but with the bulk of the player base in pve, doing things that impact the content via balancing should be somewhat carefully considered.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: sheiun.3290

sheiun.3290

A message from the Skills Team:
Greetings, Tyrians!
We are here today to talk about some of the build-thematic changes that will be coming with the next balance iteration. Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear. We feel that giving a bit of a “heads-up” is appropriate.
One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.
Similarly, there will be changes in boon duration and boon application for a few professions. For the Revenant, we’ll be looking at reducing Naturalistic Resonance’s base boon duration. For Mesmer, we’re looking at making Signet of Inspiration’s boon sharing functionality a bit more controlled, giving each shared boon a fixed duration. To help compensate for these general reductions, we’ll be increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations.
As this update rolls out we will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these changes, along with the remainder of the balance updates, and will make additional adjustments and tweaks as necessary. Thanks very much for your time!
-The Skills Team

Arenanet. Please Stop don’t nerf druid and don’t buff Revenant DMG WTF Revenant it king of DPS and stopped it already PLS "Oh my God’. Arenanet stop listening to the CRy QQ Forums and start listening to the people “Buff-Ideas” Those who doing it and know about it!!!….. PLEASE< I beg you just stop it ok and you already cause more than enough to damage alot things which aren’t suppose to be there and ask your Designer in-Charge class to started listening and thank you.

Balance Changes Upcoming

sheiun.3290

Also, lastly Arenanet those people neither play Druid/Revenant or they just suck in general…. Even Developer too Arenanet!

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Greetings, Tyrians!
We are here today to talk about some of the build-thematic changes that will be coming with the next balance iteration. Depending on your chosen profession and your role in combat, these changes may require some stat-swapping on your gear. We feel that giving a bit of a “heads-up” is appropriate.
One of the most notable changes being made is to the healing values of the Druid as a primary healer. Base values for the Celestial Avatar heals will be reduced, while the healing power contribution will be enhanced significantly. The reasoning for these changes is that while we are excited about the Druid being an incredibly strong healer, we would also like to see that role as one of many choices in your attribute build.
Similarly, there will be changes in boon duration and boon application for a few professions. For the Revenant, we’ll be looking at reducing Naturalistic Resonance’s base boon duration. For Mesmer, we’re looking at making Signet of Inspiration’s boon sharing functionality a bit more controlled, giving each shared boon a fixed duration. To help compensate for these general reductions, we’ll be increasing both damage and a few different baseline boon durations.
As this update rolls out we will continue to monitor the effectiveness of these changes, along with the remainder of the balance updates, and will make additional adjustments and tweaks as necessary. Thanks very much for your time!
-The Skills Team

Arenanet. Please Stop don’t nerf druid and don’t buff Revenant DMG WTF Revenant it king of DPS and stopped it already PLS "Oh my God’. Arenanet stop listening to the CRy QQ Forums and start listening to the people “Buff-Ideas” Those who doing it and know about it!!!….. PLEASE< I beg you just stop it ok and you already cause more than enough to damage alot things which aren’t suppose to be there and ask your Designer in-Charge class to started listening and thank you.

revenant king of dps? LOLOLOL not in pve . maybe you should be more specific. also druid deservers this nerf. if you dont spec toward healing you shouldnt be healing like mad. that goes for any class. spec for the thing you want.

im bad at sarcasm

(edited by abaddon.3290)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Greetings, Tyrians!
-The Skills Team

revenant king of dps? LOLOLOL not in pve . maybe you should be more specific. also druid deservers this nerf. if you dont spec toward healing you shouldnt be healing like mad. that goes for any class. spec for the thing you want.

Ahaha… Try Zerk Druid in pvp and see how ridiculous your accusation against Druid is.

The base healing has already been reduced once by around 33% back then , and it’s proven in pvp that Druid without healing power is worthless and will die very quickly and can’t hold himself.

If they nerf it any further, any variation of Druid other than healing power spec will be extinct. Healing Power Druid is already the king of raid and pvp, there’s no need for any further buff for healing power Druid.

PS: back in beta, Druid heal even higher, but is already drastically nerfed like 5 times before release, and nerf 10 more times after release.
It’s one of the most nerfed class (on par with Chrono bunker) in the whole game.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

are these changes only for pve and wvw or is pvp affected too ?

The impact of these on pvp is negligible, as noone was using affected builds/skills there anyway. But yes, the changes are likely global, not mode-specific.

There doesn’t need to be a split. ANet would just be overwhelmed with things to adjust (as if they aren’t already), especially as more elite specs are released. They need to actually normalize the formats better.

In theory, i agree. In practice, it’s much more complicated. First, i don’t even think that such perfect normalization of three wildly different player modes is even possible. Even if it was however, it would require a complete overhaul of all the modes and the whole game engine. In short, nothing less than a Guild Wars 3. And i’d rather not kill GW2 just yet.

PvE balance seriously doesn’t matter so long as the content can be completed.

And it’s thinking like that which lies at the core of current game imbalances.
No, seriously, PvE doesn’t matter even an inch less than other modes.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Most (All?) druids in PVP are already running Healing Power so they won’t be affected.
No Mesmer is using Signet of Inspiration in PVP which means Mesmers won’t be affected either.
Now every single Revenant in PVP is using Herald. We’ll see how the boon duration nerf will affect them.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Most (All?) druids in PVP are already running Healing Power so they won’t be affected.
No Mesmer is using Signet of Inspiration in PVP which means Mesmers won’t be affected either.
Now every single Revenant in PVP is using Herald. We’ll see how the boon duration nerf will affect them.

More dmg for rev sooooo, I think I know what the next flavour of the month will be in the next season. xD

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

More dmg for rev sooooo, I think I know what the next flavour of the month will be in the next season. xD

Maybe they will increase the damage of weapons that aren’t used in PVP.
Oh wait PVP and PVE use the same weapons XD The OP Revs will be even more OP!

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

While in PVE noone will be using Rev after this “Balance Patch”

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

Yep I agree. They can’t win here (the devs) unless they do some skill splitting.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They might increase the dps on Spears, you know…

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

Oh god don’t give them ideas

Balance Changes Upcoming

Walhalla.5473

Is it bad that I can see this really coming?

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Actually it’s one of 2 ways. Either they’re kittened as almost anyone thinks, or they buff the dps to DH/daredevil level and then they’ll pretty much be mandatory, as they’ll both have the dps and assassins presence.

Either way diversity is kittened.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

So are we still trying to do half measures instead of just separating the modes instead of screwing over one game mode to fix problems in another? And end up doing nothing as a result? If revs and mesmer boon share is too good in WvW, then just nerf it in WvW. No?

Why even bother?

sPvP is already balanced differently than WvW and PvE because the sheer amount of stats and stat diversity available are simply less than PvE and WvW. What doesn’t work in one format works wonderfully in another.

There doesn’t need to be a split. ANet would just be overwhelmed with things to adjust (as if they aren’t already), especially as more elite specs are released. They need to actually normalize the formats better. PvE balance seriously doesn’t matter so long as the content can be completed. All this complaining about the PvE meta doesn’t mean crap. You will find a group doing literally anything playing on literally anything. You might not be optimal, but if you beat the content on a sub-optimal build, it doesn’t actually matter. There will always be a mathematically-superior meta in PvE and it will never change until professions are nerfed or buffed, because encounters don’t change and can be broken down into literal formulas. So long as can group can complete the content, it shouldn’t matter. PvP areas, not so much, which is where the precedent of good design really matters.

The absolute best thing they could possibly do right now is put PvE stat-selection options/values (aside from food) into sPvP, remove Durability and Perplexity runes altogether, and then work on re-designing terribly-designed mechanics to function between formats.

PvE balance means a lot because if you faceroll everything without issues people will get bored really fast = playerbase drops a lot
If it’s too difficult then no one’s gonna do it either = playerbase drops a lot
If classes feel like kitten, class diversity is going to be lower and those who enjoyed their main class will drop off etc.

You can’t normalize PvE, WvW and PvP. They’re completely different formats by default, the kitten do you want to normalize there? Splits are the one thing that actually makes the balance better by giving the devs more control. I’d rather get a pop up saying “some skills work differently in each game mode” when entering WvW/PvP for the first time. Not everything has to be split, but if certain effects are completely overpowered in one aspect of the game while being completely fine in the other two, why gut the skill in all three game modes instead of making it more balanced in the one where it’s causing problems? Obviously splits aren’t the to-go solution for everything and they definitely should not split everything just because they can, but saying that splits are the worst thing they could do and that the balance of certain gamemodes doesn’t matter is ignorant to say the least. Yes it’s going to be more work to handle split skills, but the people at the balance team are getting paid for this and I’m convinced they can handle it, choosing wisely when to split and when not to, seeing it as a strong tool they shouldn’t be afraid of to use (which seemingly they are, and this is a bad thing)

Well looks like most of you guys didn’t play GW1 where they had the splitting which was getting more and more annoying as new skills were added. They learned from there that the splitting is just a pain in the kitten as the game continues to have more abilitys. They would be crazy to do the same mistakes again.
It’s like: “oh kitten I burned my hand on the hot plate” and then two seconds later you touch it again….

They still look for balance in PVE but it isn’t the end of the world if you have to change your stats and you are fine. As long as the encounters stay challenging (which most of them currently aren’t) the players stay (well most of them leave anyway after they done the raid and then come back when more content is ready)…
Whereas in other modes some skills are out of hand and just need fixing. Honestly this stupid boon dump in PVE/WvW was right to get nerved, SoI and revs boon duration buff were both way to strong. It shouldn’t be so easy to keep all buffs at 100% uptime.

Also you guys claim PVE is where the most of the people are this is correct but PVE isn’t equal to raiding in GW2. Don’t tell me balance really maters in open world or dungeons/fractals. Anything of those things is possibel with pretty much every possible skill set/equipment there is.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

PvE balance means a lot because if you faceroll everything without issues people will get bored really fast = playerbase drops a lot
If it’s too difficult then no one’s gonna do it either = playerbase drops a lot
If classes feel like kitten, class diversity is going to be lower and those who enjoyed their main class will drop off etc.

You can’t normalize PvE, WvW and PvP. They’re completely different formats by default, the kitten do you want to normalize there? Splits are the one thing that actually makes the balance better by giving the devs more control. I’d rather get a pop up saying “some skills work differently in each game mode” when entering WvW/PvP for the first time. Not everything has to be split, but if certain effects are completely overpowered in one aspect of the game while being completely fine in the other two, why gut the skill in all three game modes instead of making it more balanced in the one where it’s causing problems? Obviously splits aren’t the to-go solution for everything and they definitely should not split everything just because they can, but saying that splits are the worst thing they could do and that the balance of certain gamemodes doesn’t matter is ignorant to say the least. Yes it’s going to be more work to handle split skills, but the people at the balance team are getting paid for this and I’m convinced they can handle it, choosing wisely when to split and when not to, seeing it as a strong tool they shouldn’t be afraid of to use (which seemingly they are, and this is a bad thing)

Well looks like most of you guys didn’t play GW1 where they had the splitting which was getting more and more annoying as new skills were added. They learned from there that the splitting is just a pain in the kitten as the game continues to have more abilitys. They would be crazy to do the same mistakes again.
It’s like: “oh kitten I burned my hand on the hot plate” and then two seconds later you touch it again….

They still look for balance in PVE but it isn’t the end of the world if you have to change your stats and you are fine. As long as the encounters stay challenging (which most of them currently aren’t) the players stay (well most of them leave anyway after they done the raid and then come back when more content is ready)…
Whereas in other modes some skills are out of hand and just need fixing. Honestly this stupid boon dump in PVE/WvW was right to get nerved, SoI and revs boon duration buff were both way to strong. It shouldn’t be so easy to keep all buffs at 100% uptime.

Also you guys claim PVE is where the most of the people are this is correct but PVE isn’t equal to raiding in GW2. Don’t tell me balance really maters in open world or dungeons/fractals. Anything of those things is possibel with pretty much every possible skill set/equipment there is.

Actually GW1 skill splitting is the best thing Anet ever do.

It makes Mesmer / Necro/ Ritualist not useless in PVE while keeping pvp balance.
Without the split, either Mesmer /Necro/ Ritualist will be OP in PVP or they’d be trash tier in PVE.

Seriously, most people agree skill splitting in GW1 is the best thing they ever do in GW1.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Greetings, Tyrians!

-The Skills Team

So after a year of finally getting my druid to a point where it doesn’t die 1v1, you decide to nerf the only reason to be a druid.

Healing has already been nerfed. You’re just showing that “balance” will never happen, that just a few people who “complain” on social media get the attention, rather than the game itself.

Druids were supposed to be the healer, now, you take even that away from an already “disrespected” and “disparaged” profession.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Balance Changes Upcoming

sheiun.3290

Greetings, Tyrians!
-The Skills Team

When, I said revenant " King of Dps" I mean imply on Pvp and WvW or roaming not in PVE… Which is what I mean by that they could just instantly fast damage you/ 1 shot thief and able killed Warrior and even able to Teleport while has high good boon duration also could be used for Commander frontline/backline or boon sharing. They, even in fact has mix between thief dodging and Warrior like huge burst while good sustainable and now they boosting more damage to Revenant Wtffffff???. I, even seen 1.5 Million damage in Pvp on Revenant and could even kill very good super tanks druid that fast. Druid does not deserve this nerf neither some other class while relevant shouldn’t get a damage buff fair and square Bro.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh I did play GW1 and I am aware skill splitting got out of hand. However, while it definitely was a lot of more workload, it overall paid off imo. Also, this time around it should be easier to keep splitting in control as there’s much less possible diversity in builds with half the skillbar taken up by pre-determined weapon skills, one heal, one elite and then three utilities along with the three specialisation lines as opposed to the 150~ freely useable skills per class, before subclassing and whatnot. Besides, I assume they took their experiences from splitting skills like this in GW1 and will keep the downsides in mind when doing it this time around.

Changing stats isn’t the problem as much as killing off build diversity, if the changes are as severe as they are expected to be. It’s not healthy for the game.

Balance in fractals does matter, considering they’re actively being worked on and are supposed to be a stepping stone to raids. Dungeons are abandoned content so you can indeed not expect much there and even Open World/Story needs some sort of balancing as to not scare off people who aren’t good players by even making the easiest type of content there is too difficult for them/making it way too easy so that people get bored or making their favorite class(es) feel extremely weak. All of that can be extremely offputting to players. Obviously doesn’t mean balance for open world has to be on point or very close to it, but there should be some general sense of it.
As for the last part, so are raids (with a few restrictions). I assume your point is “there’s enough diversity if everything works”, which isn’t even wrong considering how you look at it, but if it comes to meta/efficiency that pretty much falls apart. Just because most things work doesn’t mean there’s any… well, sense behind it or has any real use. People value their time and try to be efficient while still having their fun (or getting their fun from being efficient), so what needs to be achieved is balancing it so that there is plenty of setups which work in different scenarios/for different groups. This is something we actually currently have in a way but could easily be destroyed depending on how the patch plays out.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

Did someone say Revenant was getting a dmg buff? how o.o.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Walhalla.5473

Quoting Astralporing

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Oh I did play GW1 and I am aware skill splitting got out of hand. However, while it definitely was a lot of more workload, it overall paid off imo.

Guild Wars 1 was never balanced.

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

From the opening post:

Exactly, Guild Wars 1 was never balanced and those who think it was balanced probably forgot about it. That’s doesn’t mean a skill split is a bad idea.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I am really rarely reacting balance changes but this hit the roof for me.

So I have spent hundreds of gold’s to gear up my Rev JUST for raids. With this change you are ruining the whole raid balance and not just making it less fun for the players who actually likes playing Rev but you make it impossible now for them to find a group. GG as always. I’m waiting for the refund on my account in email. Thanks in advance!

Beer

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m waiting for the refund on my account in email. Thanks in advance!

Beer

Because you didn’t read the ToS, I suspect? Where it clearly says that the payment is for access to the game and the client, not for any specific details of the current state of the software so long as it is functionally working?

So unless they deleted your character together with all your character slots and you cannot make new ones, well, tough luck.

Also, this isn’t exactly weird or surprising for long-running online games .They sometimes upset their own balance. Often on purpose. what’s so bad about it, keeps things interesting and keeps you having stuff to do online.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Balance Changes Upcoming

NovaanVerdiano.6174

From the opening post:

Exactly, Guild Wars 1 was never balanced and those who think it was balanced probably forgot about it. That’s doesn’t mean a skill split is a bad idea.

Did I say it was balanced?
It was still better than how it’s going in GW2 currently with gutting skills in two game modes because its strong in the third one.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

So I have spent hundreds of gold’s to gear up my Rev JUST for raids. With this change you are ruining the whole raid balance and not just making it less fun for the players who actually likes playing Rev but you make it impossible now for them to find a group. GG as always. I’m waiting for the refund on my account in email. Thanks in advance!

Beer

Sorry for your lost, but i am actually quite looking forward to the balance patch.

The changes will not kill rev or mesmer, just giving more room to other classes, relax, it is not end of the day, not even close.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Aeris.4209

Aeris.4209

Beer

You know that warrior and guardian use the same gear and runes as rev, right? (2 assasins trinkets or weapons for warrior)

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Beer

Sorry for your lost, but i am actually quite looking forward to the balance patch.

The changes will not kill rev or mesmer, just giving more room to other classes, relax, it is not end of the day, not even close.

How can it give more room for other classes when the only class that didn’t regularly get a spot in this meta was the engi? How is there more room when 6 spots get occupied by 3 classes?

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

Beer

How can it give more room for other classes when the only class that didn’t regularly get a spot in this meta was the engi? How is there more room when 6 spots get occupied by 3 classes?

The only way for the engi to be more viable (without a skill split) is a nerf to Epidemic.

Balance Changes Upcoming

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Beer

The only way for the engi to be more viable (without a skill split) is a nerf to Epidemic.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Beer

However that completely butchers reapers. Their dps is crap without either epi or transferring environmental condis (matthias). You could say “buff their other abilities” sure. That will mean necros are even more braindead as you don’t even have to coordinate epis anymore, still do dmg comparable to engi, have more utility and obvs have more consistent dps because rly, how many good engis are out there? Buffing other condi necro abilities opens up another can of wurms as well for wvw/pvp.

No I believe the only way to balance engis properly is to nerf their kits and buff their weapon dmg. Normalize the rotation so that it’s 1. Comparable and consistent like other classes and 2. you don’t gut your dps just because you wanted some extra utility. Not a suggestion that’s gonna be popular with engi mains I know.

(edited by cranos.5913)

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

However that completely butchers reapers.

Depends on how big of a nerf we are talking about. There is a mid ground between being OP and useless.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I remember the QQ about necros not being good enough to taken by pugs.

Now the QQ is necros being too strong for their difficulty to play compared to say engi.

Sounds like two things are needed to me: mild nerf to necro, simplification ( effectively a buff, due to consistency) of engi.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Depends on how big of a nerf we are talking about. There is a mid ground between being OP and useless.

Anet never does things in moderation.

Balance Changes Upcoming

maddoctor.2738

And I agree with that unfortunately. They nerf (and buff) with a chainsaw instead of a butter knife.

And to answer this one:

Because power Engi (probably with Scrapper and hammer) can’t be buffed without upsetting the PVP balance, that’s why I say unless there is a split. And condi Engi is also very powerful on their own, both in PVP and in Raids (hint: they ok damage) so what’s keeping them away of teams as condi dps is the other builds (above all necromancers)

They could be tanks I don’t know how good they are as tanks. Given their amazing sustain in PVP they should be fine but I havent’ seen any tests on that

Balance Changes Upcoming

NovaanVerdiano.6174

And I agree with that unfortunately. They nerf (and buff) with a chainsaw instead of a butter knife.

And to answer this one:

Because power Engi (probably with Scrapper and hammer) can’t be buffed without upsetting the PVP balance, that’s why I say unless there is a split. And condi Engi is also very powerful on their own, both in PVP and in Raids (hint: they ok damage) so what’s keeping them away of teams as condi dps is the other builds (above all necromancers)

They could be tanks I don’t know how good they are as tanks. Given their amazing sustain in PVP they should be fine but I havent’ seen any tests on that

Hmm yeah, I get your reasoning behind it, makes sense and is valid. Can’t say I agree with the solution as I’d rather see proper usage of kits rewarded better instead of nerfing other things (especially since we already came to the conclusion that ANet seemingly often prefers the chainsaw when it comes to balancing, especially in case of nerfs.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Walhalla.5473

And condi Engi is also very powerful on their own, both in PVP and in Raids (hint: they ok damage) so what’s keeping them away of teams as condi dps is the other builds (above all necromancers)

This is just one viewpoint. Condi Engis are held back by more than just “Necro Stronk”. Their DPS Rotation is too complex. ( Hammer Guardians and Staff DDs are too simple, Condi Engi is on the complete opposite ) And the Situation needs to be nearly Perfect. They suffer hard from screwing up Rotations and having to deal with Mechanics. The optimal Rotation for DPS should be simpler than what they have now instead of switching Kits like crazy.
Buffing Main Weapons and nerfing Kits would be one Way to make Engi simpler and having to do other Stuff less punishing for your DPS and if the Class has the same DPS then it would be much more viable to bring in an Engi.

And I know that Epi is an Issue but I’m not sure on how to nerf Epi without gutting the Necro.

Balance Changes Upcoming

NovaanVerdiano.6174

well looks like Rev didn’t get any damage buffs, according to the patch notes?

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

They didn’t.

Time to delete Revenant, can’t do half of what the guardian does right anymore.
Ironic how now Sword Mesmer seems to deal more damage than Revenant could ever wish.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

They didn’t.

Time to delete Revenant, can’t do half of what the guardian does right anymore.
Ironic how now Sword Mesmer seems to deal more damage than Revenant could ever wish.

This would actually be the second time I’ve deleted it. It just isn’t as fun as my other characters, but somehow I managed to make a fun non-glint build that was hilariously affected negatively in 3 ways by this patch. XD

Balance Changes Upcoming

cranos.5913

Well it’s gonna be pretty much as expected mirror comp with 2 chronos. Rev rekt, daredevil rekt, surprisingly DH is not nerfed tho and since they also benefit from the increased alacrity they gonna be pretty good now.

Balance Changes Upcoming

NovaanVerdiano.6174

rip then

Pretty disappointing patch to say the least

Balance Changes Upcoming

Walhalla.5473

Ok this Patch ruined PvE Balance because of PvP and WvW nice working Anet.

You showed in some of the Balance Notes that you can Skill Split even from WvW. You just need to kittening do it on more Skills.

The greatest Joke is on the Quicknes Generation. First capping Quickness on 5 Stacks instead of 9 Stacks makes Chrono Runes completely useless. Second, SoI is useless for Quickness now. And this also hits Rev as well. Tell me, for what Reason should I take in a Rev into a Group or Raid?

There was no Buff to compensate for this.

And buffing Mesmer Damage…. We’ll have to see. First Tests I’ve seen showed a DPS Increase of 2k. If this is still showing with further testing then GG. Gutting Quickness Uptime with no real Buff to compensate for. Also with this you practically nerfed the entire Groups Damage.

The Nerf on Condi Necros isn’t small either. The Minions were a good Source of Conditions. Since a Raid Boss Fight is longer than 30 Seconds, this is a Problem and can drop the Condi Necro out of the Meta and I’m not sure if the Power Necro Buffs are enough to push this Class into the Meta ( also Axe Buffs lol )

And overall, you Guys did it. The Meta is likely to go into a small Supergroup. 2 Mesmers, 2 Warriors, 2 Druids and 4 Eles ( or 2 Eles and 2 Condi Rangers on Fights where Condition Damage is needed ), something you didn’t want. GG

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well condi necro dps got slashed ~40%… that’s probably the single biggest nerf Anet has ever done to a profession. It might still get a place in epi bounce fights, but on all the other fights it can’t even come close to other condis now.

Balance Changes Upcoming

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

And to answer this one:

Power engi is already a thing and very viable, but it doesn’t use Scrapper. Static Discharge + Takedown Round in Tools along with the 10% damage buff all together make for a pretty potent power damage build. Actually the Firebomb buff will give a slight buff to power as well(likely negligible but still there).

The problem with Engi is it’s just behind something else everywhere and it’s in general harder to play. Condi Ranger will take over before condi Engi is accepted if Necros die off as it’s easier to play with similar results.

In a guild group there’s no reason you can’t take an Engi right now, the main problems is that Engi isn’t the best option which has many discounting them, and it’s never a good idea to trust a PUG engi considering the difficulty level.