Balthazar Outfit - thanks!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

When ANet puts armor in the gem store, there are complaints about putting armor in the gem store. When ANet puts outfits in the gem store, then there are complaints about not putting armor in the gem store.

There are several datamined armors in process. The Revenant, Leyline, and an unnamed armor that I can think of off hand. Just wait. Outfits are fine for the gem store and what they should be putting in there. With any luck, the armors will be in game so we can read all the complaints about how it’s a grind to get them and ANet promised no grind, etc, yada yada yada.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

I’m not a “hater” but a “disappointer” .. because since we got the wardrobe we didn’t
got any single armor-set in the shop that we can mix and match .. not one .. only
outfits .. and that when the wardrobe is built specially to mix and match armor.

This is one of those things in which players don’t understand how the game works.

Outfits could not exist as armor. They would clip with the great majority of armors from an entire armor class if they were sold as individual pieces – just imagine how much clipping the pants and the shoulders of this outfit would have with the long coats used for medium armor.

It’s not a choice between having those skins as outfits or as armors. It’s a choice between having those skins as outfits or not having those skins.

(And incidentally, the wardrobe was not “built specially to mix and match armor”.)

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Beldin.5498
Lets see what we got FOR FREE since the wardrobe:

Carapace: light, medium and heavy. 3 armour sets.
Glorious: light, medium and heavy. 3 armour sets.

Since the wardrobe we have gotten 6 fully custiomizable armour sets. But they don’t count, right?

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

Are ANet really planning on just putting armor sets of such magnitude on the Gem Store instead of making content that is worthy of the awesomeness that comes with possessing these skins?

The armor skin is awesome, no doubt about it. It’s something all GW fans both new and veterans would want.
- Putting it on the Gem Store, however, shows me that they care less about their lore, their world and making good content for it rather than just making some easy money.

I hope for people to protest against the excessive use of the Gem Store and NOT buy it and demand some proper content to go along with obtaining such an awesome item.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I really like the concept of changing the characters skin/body appearance in this outfit, Zodiac, and Raiment of the Lich. Looking forward to Melandru.

Maybe someday Anet will make it so you can toggle off separate pieces of an outfit like you can w/the head, but allow the armor beneath to show through.

JQ Druid

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I hope they’ll learn that limiting player choice limits their money.

My wallet is big enough. Why you don’t want my money anet? C’mon, work for it. Make armors not outfits.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Dont like it then dont buy it if you do like it buy it these are not made for ever one but they are made so every one can use them. Armor just simply dose not work that way most of the time and often you have the “good” version and a “bad” version when looking at the different armor classes look.

Simply put the game is not any lesser for having this set as an outfit then not having it at all.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

its look epic i can only say : take my money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I just re-watched the video, and I noticed only the “cape” changes colour in each preview.

Does this mean the armour set we’re paying £8 for cannot be recoloured?

First we can’t mix and match, now we can’t recolour. Whoever it making these decisions needs to be fired, because they’re going to lose you a lot of money if this philosophy continues, ArenaNet.

The video is a render done by a superb data miner who shares what he learns with us after doing a lot of work converting files into images and videos. He picks colors to put on the gear he’s showing us. I would not assume anything from the video colors other than “this is how much time That_Shaman had to spare prettying up the render.”

segman.3560

Dont like it then dont buy it if you do like it buy it these are not made for ever one but they are made so every one can use them. Armor just simply dose not work that way most of the time and often you have the “good” version and a “bad” version when looking at the different armor classes look.

Simply put the game is not any lesser for having this set as an outfit then not having it at all.

I am a dissatisfied customer and I’m making my complain here and in any thread about outfits. Don’t like it? Don’t read it. See? I can do this too but it is nowhere near constructive.

Your point about armor sets having some versions looking good and some looking bad bad is wrong because of two reasons. First of all, it’s a matter of taste and outfits are taking away the choice to mix n match them with different armor parts giving nothing in return. Second reason, the most important is your argument doesn’t work because there are couple of outfits having totally different versions on different sexes so yeah… not really a valid argument on your side.

Naus the Gobbo.5172

My wallet is big enough. Why you don’t want my money anet? C’mon, work for it. Make armors not outfits.

They’ll get my money, so they won’t need yours.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am a dissatisfied customer and I’m making my complain here and in any thread about outfits. Don’t like it? Don’t read it. See? I can do this too but it is nowhere near constructive.

Your point about armor sets having some versions looking good and some looking bad bad is wrong because of two reasons. First of all, it’s a matter of taste and outfits are taking away the choice to mix n match them with different armor parts giving nothing in return. Second reason, the most important is your argument doesn’t work because there are couple of outfits having totally different versions on different sexes so yeah… not really a valid argument on your side.

To be dissatisfied customer you would have to be a customer in the first places so you must buy the item then find out its an outfit then your a dissatisfied customer of these outfits alone. If the game never added in any type of armor skins etc.. after you bought it then that too your dissatisfied customer but that simply not true. Not every thing will be to your like and what you like will not always be liked by others.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

segman.3560

They’ll get my money, so they won’t need yours.

Why not both?

To be dissatisfied customer you would have to be a customer in the first places so you must buy the item then find out its an outfit then your a dissatisfied customer of these outfits alone. If the game never added in any type of armor skins etc.. after you bought it then that too your dissatisfied customer but that simply not true. Not every thing will be to your like and what you like will not always be liked by others.

I have bought all gem store armors and I can’t do this anymore because there is no new content for me. I am very dissatisfied and I want anet to hear me. You are totally noone to me so I don’t care about your opinion because you have no force to make them do or don’t do new armos. So don’t make it personal, I don’t care about you. I want to spend my money and I want the company to hear what I want. If you think it’s bad maybe try some real life communism, Cuba maybe?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Since the wardrobe we have gotten 6 fully custiomizable armour sets. But they don’t count, right?

I said no set in the SHOP (gemstore) !!!

So lets see what we got before the wardrobe :

Aetherblade Heavy Armor Skin
Aetherblade Light Armor Skin
Aetherblade Medium Armor Skin

Braham’s Heavy Armor Skin

Flamekissed Light Armor Skin
Flamewalker Medium Armor Skin
Flamewrath Heavy Armor Skin

Incarnate Light Armor Skin

Krytan Medium Armor Skin

Magitech Medium Armor Skin

Phalanx Heavy-Armor Skin
Phoenix Light Armor Skin
Primeval Heavy Armor Skin
Profane Light Armor Skin

Rampart Heavy Armor Skin

Strider’s Medium Armor Skin

Trickster’s Light-Armor Skin

Viper’s Medium-Armor Skin

Zodiac Heavy Armor Skin
Zodiac Light Armor Skin
Zodiac Medium Armor Skin

You see the difference of before and after the wardrobe ??

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Please take my money again, ANet.

Thank you.

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Beldin.5498

Krytan Medium Armor Skin

Phalanx Heavy-Armor Skin
Phoenix Light Armor Skin
Profane Light Armor Skin

Rampart Heavy Armor Skin

Zodiac Heavy Armor Skin
Zodiac Light Armor Skin
Zodiac Medium Armor Skin

Ye, the difference is that before the wardrobe we had to pay to get the new armour sets, whereas now we get them for free.

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I hope they continue adding outfits to gem store while releasing armors to earn ingame. Personally i dont understand that “i cant mix’n’match armor”

I have seen many mix..and not so many that match well together, instead it looked like “put some random pieces to look like a trash and call it a super pro style fashion winner, now everyone will stare at me” well nope, noone will stare at you.

Also maybe noone of you have noticed but many new armors (yeah, those are not outfits, what a surprise right?) coming with HoT, so hold your horses and wait.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’ll take the Dwayna outfit, with the male version still exposing abz.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

why doesnt make arenanet REAL ARMORS instead of OUTFITS?!?!?

they could even make a lot more profit with armors!

3x the same set for Heavy, Medium and Light

MORE people buy it because the ones who would buy it as an outfite PLUS the ones who cant stand outfits and only want mix and match armors!

AND quite a few people would probably buy all 3 versions !!!

WOULD BE MUCH MORE PROFIT FOR ANET AND MORE HAPPY PEOPLE!!!

Hell i would even pay 5000 gems if i get this as armor instead of stuuuupid outfit!!!
there is absolutely no reason not to release it as armor

if anet decides to bring this out as an armorset im going to be SOOO HAPPY
and why not release it as outfit + armorset?
everyone happy and more profit? perfect solution?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Just some food for thought towards those that frequently complain about outfits:

Outfits that are wearable in combat are a relatively new addition. Armor is obviously, not.

There are still far more sets of armor than there are outfits. Some people might enjoy outfits more than armor, ANet is building up a larger selection for those that do.

Outfits are a one size fits all. You can wear this outfit on any character of any race of any profession. Armors however, require a light, medium and heavy version as well as multiple dye channels.

Though yes, outfits reduce the ability to customize and also create a sort of uniform look among those that choose to wear it, it is still not something you are forced to buy and it is something that some people enjoy. You don’t open a cake store and fill it with cakes then later release cupcakes and release them at the same rate you’re releasing cakes. You shell out a whole truck load of cupcakes because your store is already filled with regular cakes.

Also, as quoted from that_shaman:

“But even more armor sets.
Unreleased outfits:
Crystal Nomad Outfit
Mesmer / Anise
Balthazar
Unreleased armor:
Leyline (3 different versions)
Revenant (heavy only)
Guild (3 different versions)
Basic/Deluxe (6 different versions)
Unreleased armor pieces:
2 Different blindfolds
Light Krytan alphabet shoulders
Welding mask
And I’ve probably forgot about a lot of others.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My only problem with outfits, as I’ve stated several times, is let us change the helms like we could in GW1! Do it! Add a toggle to hide outfit Helm and let it show your equipped helm unless that is also toggled hidden.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

People complain that it is an outfit.

But had it been an armour set then people would complain that they had to buy the entire set just to use 1 piece they like, and then have to spend transmutation charges.

Probably not the same people.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I really like the concept of changing the characters skin/body appearance in this outfit, Zodiac, and Raiment of the Lich. Looking forward to Melandru.

Maybe someday Anet will make it so you can toggle off separate pieces of an outfit like you can w/the head, but allow the armor beneath to show through.

I hope so too. I still remember how awesome it was to toggle on and off our capes and helmets in GW1. I’m sure Anet will get there some day with exactly what you say here, but I bet they are really busy with HoT stuff right now, and fixing up bugs (like the engineer flamethrower trait that should give +200 toughness when wielding a flamethrower) and things like this suggestion probably aren’t even on their radar right now, but I’m sure they will get there some day. Until then, I’m definitely getting this outfit for my warrior. He’s gonna look beast.

Also I want to thank That_Shaman for all the work he does on rendering, making sure it’s right, and giving us all these juicy videos of things to come before they’re out – it really makes me excited for what’s to come. I’m all ready set to buy the Black Feather Wings Backpack and this outfit cause of it.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

Posted by: evnw.9324

evnw.9324

So ready to purchase this for my Elementalist! First item in a long time I’ve actually wanted from the gem store aside from that beautiful chickenado finisher.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

No money incoming to game? Fail.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

dietzero.3514

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

I forgot that 100% of their income comes from selling future Balthazar outfits. My bad.

/rollseyes

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

I forgot that 100% of their income comes from selling future Balthazar outfits. My bad.

/rollseyes

No, but everything they develop and charge for someone complains they should get it for free or that it should be done differently.

dietzero.3514

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

/rollseyes

No, but everything they develop and charge for someone complains they should get it for free or that it should be done differently.

Ok?

Anyway, they make plenty of money through other gemstore items. This should be an armour set, and acquired through gameplay. At the very least it should be an armour set.

Ashen.2907

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

/rollseyes

Ok?

Anyway, they make plenty of money through other gemstore items. This should be an armour set, and acquired through gameplay. At the very least it should be an armour set.

And yet other people want it to be an outfit that is available in the gemstore.

So, who should Anet disappoint, the people asking to spend money on the item, or the ones asking the company to spend resources developing the item but to not charge for it ?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Outfit? Fail.
Gemstore? Fail.

/rollseyes

Seems like every time ANet puts a cosmetic item in the gem store there is someone complaining about it. If they put armor in the gem store, there are complaints about armor being put in the gem store. If they put outfits in the gem store, there are complaints that It’s not armor that is being sold.

Imo, outfits are exactly the type of thing that should be in the gem store making money for them. They are several armor sets in progress. Either they will be released in the gem store or in game soon enough.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

God i wish anet would stop releasing helmets that leave the nape exposed

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

like it. but no more outfit for me.

dietzero.3514

The god skins should not be relegated to mere gemstore outfits. They should be armour pieces you earn through gameplay. Yes, I said skins. Because if they add one, they add the rest.

But who am I kidding? People seem to be all about wiping that credit card now…

Ashen.2907

To me this sort of skin is exactly what I would prefer to see in the gemstore. I would rather not have on game reward development focus to any great degree on recycling outfits into armor skins. I would much rather see in game rewards be new, unique, and interesting armors.

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

This is great. There’s plenty of good skins ingame, every cash shop has unique outfits and this is no different, good looking skins that go as a set.

You people complaining about it not being sold individually obviously never read Anets post about why they release mostly outfits and not skins now.

Read it.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I really wish they’d release this as armor and not as outfits. I’d love to use parts and mix them into existing sets, but outfits as they are now, are just really boring. All you get is hundreds of players with the exact same look, because none of them can customize that look in any meaningful way.

I don’t know who thought this was a good idea, but it isn’t.

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

What would people prefer?

• Fissure of Woe & Menzies?
  • Gem Store outfit?

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

I really wish they’d release this as armor and not as outfits. I’d love to use parts and mix them into existing sets, but outfits as they are now, are just really boring. All you get is hundreds of players with the exact same look, because none of them can customize that look in any meaningful way.

Clipping.

segman.3560

Clipping.

This is why they are paid for their job, to fix such issues. GW2 is not a school project.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Clipping.

What about clipping? It’s natural that players would just use whatever combinations work best, as we’ve always done with all armor sets.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Krytan Medium Armor Skin

Phalanx Heavy-Armor Skin
Phoenix Light Armor Skin
Profane Light Armor Skin

Rampart Heavy Armor Skin

Zodiac Heavy Armor Skin
Zodiac Light Armor Skin
Zodiac Medium Armor Skin

Ye, the difference is that before the wardrobe we had to pay to get the new armour sets, whereas now we get them for free.

Oh yeah .. we got Carapace instead for the whole last year .. and instead earning
100 gold we only need to earn 6000 bandits crests for 1 set .. that is sooo much better.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yeah, why can’t we use the individual pieces? What a waste. Maybe it’s more effort to make the pieces separate but ultimately they make more money in the end.

How do you know that? Do you have access to the sales figures? And no, 20 people on the forums saying " I won’t but it because it’s an outfit" don’t count.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

segman.3560

Yeah, why can’t we use the individual pieces? What a waste. Maybe it’s more effort to make the pieces separate but ultimately they make more money in the end.

How do you know that? Do you have access to the sales figures? And no, 20 people on the forums saying " I won’t but it because it’s an outfit" don’t count.

He goes with a very simple logic – you need to buy outfit once. But if you want to buy every armor set you need to buy 3 versions – heavy medium and light. What’s more, with armors you need transmutation charges for additional usage of skins. With more sources of income you are more likely to get better income.

There is no way we can check anything about their decision proces to make outfits. For some people this is wasted opportunity, lazy design and/or waste of income potential. Just because you try to downvote this point of view, it doesn’t make it impossible immidiately. I strongly believe amor sets devided into 3 weights together with transmutation charges can be more profitable.

And I believe there’s much more ppl disappointed about outfits but not everyone joins forums discussion.

Oh and last one thing. People say outfits must be selling better because they’re still making them. It’s not like corporations work. They made a plan to release outfits for a said amount of time and only after then they’ll check the income and compare it to armor sales. They don’t make decisions and release them over night. This is why I think voicing disappointment is important. When time of income review comes they’ll look at the raw data associated with forums suport and make decision which way to go.

This or I am being naive and all is vain.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I’m glad to see this as an outfit – hope we get them for all gods. I’m personally waiting for some of those Mesmer sets to come as either outfits or armors (and I’m thinking there’s probably good reason they aren’t armor sets in the game already).

I have a feeling we’re getting this as an outfit for a very good reason. It may simply be impractical with the way their armor sets work to make it an armor set. Since it’s one piece and doesn’t go by armor rules, it’s a lot more flexible making outfits from what I can tell.

Yes, maybe we can’t mix & match, but we may be getting options that we never could have had by only getting armors.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

i need the helmet

Too bad its going to be an outfit. Its all the armor (though can toggle helmet off) or none. Its the same as with Anise’s armor
They make the outfits fit all races, so why can’t they be broken up into armor pieces instead? I know clipping issues is probably the reason, but I’d rather deal with that than the all or nothing of outfits.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

I’ve seen the pics so may times and have been asking myself if it would ever appear in the game. But That Shaman datamined this outfit yesterday so I presume one day we will be able to get it. I am however dissappointed that it’s an outfit and not an armor set.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might consider posting in one of the already-existing threads.

Here’s one: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Balthazar-Outfit-thanks/first#post4838655

Good luck.

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

Ugh, did not see that…

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Love the look of the helmet on the Asura. I’d buy it, and wear it on an Asura Revenant, if it was actual armor. As an outfit, I’ll pass.

Also, obligatory butt-cape. :P