Ban "Efficiency" Website

Ban "Efficiency" Website

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I kind of feel sorry for anyone that cares that much. The game has no competitive community, it’s just a shark tank. It’s also blindingly easy and hard to understand why people need to put so much into it. You can faceroll 2/3 the players with level 20 gear. Whatever.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I pretty much only join the said “meta zerk gearcheck” groups because i can’t be kitten d to spend 3 hours in 1 dungeon path when I can do that path in 10 min.
But when I play my condi ranger, I stay away from those groups, because I know my profession and build aren’t asked for, and I respect the owners of that LFG.
If you don’t have anything to hide, there is literally nothing to be scared of OP.

I have never seen anyone ask for an API key to check someone’s gear on gw2efficiency, not even in parties with people that manage to cry for 20 minutes about stupid things like using 9% potions instead of 10%.
Just respect others, and make/join a group that fits your own playstyle

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

If you dont want to be checked, dont join gearcheck groups. This is no different than “ping gear”, really. You’re all just crying over nothing.

In fact this is a lot more troublesome than ping your gear, which is exactly why no one is bothering to check through this. It’s a pain in the kitten and waste of time.

Not even the most tryhard players are using this to check other people.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Tried out the site, doesn’t even report correct character stats, pretty useless for a gear checker. The economic stuff is useful though.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Tried out the site, doesn’t even report correct character stats, pretty useless for a gear checker. The economic stuff is useful though.

It’s ok. I don’t think it can set a value on ascended armor or weapons though, at least for the cost of the mats to make it, which reduces your worth if you’ve invested heavily in that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

lol

Way to make another few hundred people check out the site OP.

Why not just ignore it?

People should be free to play anyway they feel within the realms of the UA. Who are you to tell players otherwise or dictate that because you personally don’t agree with such things it should be banned?I abhor this style of play, probably as much as many players dislike my style of half- kitten casual couldn’t care less attitude but what I hate more than anything else is players like you telling others how they should or shouldn’t play.

It’s hypocrisy at it’s finest.

If a demographic of players dig crunching numbers and kicking players based on things like gear and DPS output more power to them….go at it. They payed for the game and help keep Anet running hence they are entitled to the right we all have as a customer….play how you want You underestimate the number of players who don’t play that way and most of these types of players are polite enough to state so from the outset so it’s easy to avoid.

I also dig this kind of thing. I love seeing players take the game to such extremes and smash content as fast as they can. It’s awesome and even if I refuse to take part it’s fascinating to observe.

Your attitude will ruin the game faster than a site like that. Get over it, let them have their fun and chill out.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

They payed for the game and help keep Anet running hence they are entitled to the right we all have as a customer…

Yeah this is true
In the worst case scenario , they could remove the rewards by 33% , and by listing yourself and your party from your ‘’Guild House’sVendor’’ ,
or by inv 2 lower lvl in the normal LFG members you get the 110%

Or by having a bottun on that API that freezes your current Gear you wear
(so they can wear Berseker> snapshot> then login in and change to whatever you wish)

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

If you have gear with selectable stats, it can’t tell what stats you’ve chosen. That’s just a failing of the API. So, for example, it counts my Mawdry as not having stats and displays slightly lower than my actual total on the character that’s wearing it.
Doesn’t seem like that big a deal, but then I don’t join gearcheck groups so I don’t really know. Maybe a character wearing almost full zerker could sneak a cleric mawdry into the group and then the dungeon would just fail instantly.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

What about banning cameras cause people can ask you to send them photos
of your gear ? And also screenshots shouldn’t be possible but for that you must
also ask Microsoft to remove it from their OS.

What i want to say with this is : If people really would ask you for a key and then
check your stuff on that site, they loose soo much time that nobody would ever
really thinking about it.

In the end that site is more to check your wealth and your skins or whatever but
not for what you think it is.

Also why the hell are people so interestet to even play with people that would
really do something like that ? I will never understand that. If they ask me for
gearcheck all i think is : great some kittens i absolutely don’t want to play with
so good you asked before i wasted my time .. bye

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I use the site to find stuff in different character’s bags. I had something I’d crafted on a character and couldn’t remember which one. This was very useful for me.

If there are a bunch of elitists who want to use it as opt in, I’m all for that. Because I can actually look at those LFG ads and remove those people from the list of people I’d ever want to play with.

I’ll post my casual run LFGs (when my guild isn’t around) and happily run with anyone regardless of this site.

Oh, it’s usefulness is not in question – I use it myself. What others may do with it however, may be of concern.

Nothing is going to stop elitists from being elitists. Nothing is going to stop mediocre players who think they’re elite from using tools to try to prove they’re better than others.

I’ve run into quite a few “elite” players that were so bad even I noticed (and I often don’t look for weakness in others).

Banning a useful third party site because people are going to abuse it doesn’t really change anything. It’s not going to stop elitism.

The only real solutions are make your own non-elitist groups and join non-elitist guilds. Make friends with people who play like you and play with them.

Let the elitists have their own runs. It’s better for everyone that way.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Also why the hell are people so interestet to even play with people that would
really do something like that ? I will never understand that. If they ask me for
gearcheck all i think is : great some kittens i absolutely don’t want to play with
so good you asked before i wasted my time .. bye

IKR. I have the gear required, and even I tend to leave groups once people demand gear ping or try to avoid them.

Reasons have been disscussed from here to the moon. The simplest one, most people who have high demands do not deliver themselves in my experience.

I guess some people just want to have something to complain about instead of slightly adjusting their behaviour (do not join groups that demand something you do not bring) and/or putting in the minimum amount of effort (put up your own lfg).

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Can people even check the equipment of players that haven’t signed up for it?

No. You need to release your API key with the correct permissions set.

Then I don’t see a problem with it.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Here’s the problem.

If you refuse to give your efficiency link, so that people can see your gear, will you be discriminated against?

i.e. Refusing to ‘show’ your gear is equal to not having the correct gear.

Refusing to show your gear will be reason enough to exclude someone. It will happen.

So what ? This is not new, GW2 Efficiency or not. I´ve been in a GvG guild for example where you were required to give screenshots with your gear and stats. So showing your equipment has been around since release. Solution is, if you do not want to show that, play with people who don´t care about such things.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Here’s the problem.

If you refuse to give your efficiency link, so that people can see your gear, will you be discriminated against?

Refusing to show your gear will be reason enough to exclude someone. It will happen.

So what ? This is not new, GW2 Efficiency or not. I´ve been in a GvG guild for example where you were required to give screenshots with your gear and stats. So showing your equipment has been around since release. Solution is, if you do not want to show that, play with people who don´t care about such things.

ban screenshot buttons!

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Here’s the problem.

ban screenshot buttons!

YES! Ban all the screenshots.

And btw @MashMash if the group says “show gear” and you refuse to show your gear then it means you don’t have the gear required but that group, so you shouldn’t have joined the group in the first place. And if you do have the gear required by the group then what’s your problem in showing it?

All I see is someone who wants to hide their gear and join zerker groups without being zerker.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Beldin.5498

Here’s the problem.

ban screenshot buttons!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ban-Efficiency-Website/page/2#post5531808

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Here’s the problem.

ban screenshot buttons!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ban-Efficiency-Website/page/2#post5531808

oh i forgot the devil cameras and smartphones that can take pictures.

ty

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I’ve heard there is a website called:

Gw2efficiency

It’s an API.

Please ban this. To be part of Guild Wars 2 is to be part of a gaming experience that’s not about having the best gear. It’s not about everyone running the meta. It’s not about everyone having Ascended Armor or a Legendary in every slot one can go. Well… it was.

If this site persists that’s over. You’re finally addressing the zerker is the only way to play issue. Don’t even bother to waste your time if you’re going to let this site hang around.

I’ve got full ascended for every character of every class save necromancers and that’s merely a matter of swapping out gear. Don’t think I’m saying this because I don’t want to craft it. I’m saying this because I crafted it. It’s a lot of work. A lot of time and it’s really only good if you’re die-hard about your characters.

This website is going to be pure abuse. I’ve played World of Warcraft for years. The only thing these sorts of things bring to a game is “Mage, you’re not doing as much damage as the Warlock. If you don’t get better gear you’re out of the guild. Oh and by the way, next time be sure you’re running Fire Talents xyz with an Arcane tq and w!” It’s a miserable experience to have to endure. The player is forced into an artificial bottleneck from day one. It’s a restraint you’re forcing on them by letting players make these kind of things! Get rid of this! I can’t stress it enough. No character should ever be able to check the equipment of another player. The most anyone should ever be able to know is what build another person is using in their traits; and then only if that player chooses to link it.

You’ve been very progressive with Guild Wars 2 all this time. This is the wrong direction to ever take this game. It was a horrible thing in any other game and it should not be supported by any company at all.

Ever.

Period.

With the implementation of raids such a site will be a much needed part of GW2. You may not like it but this is how it is now.

Enjoy your “dead zerker meta build diversity” that HoT will bring.

If people thought that ending the “zerker meta” would bring about a free “play how I want” environment – they were gravely mistaken. The new “Raid meta” will be even more severe and the exclusion from it will reach new heights.

Truly I am looking forward to all these things

No character should ever be able to check the equipment of another player. The most anyone should ever be able to know is what build another person is using in their traits; and then only if that player chooses to link it.

Lol – why? Because you don’t like it?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Harper.4173

The main problem with this site, and it’s something Woodenpotatoes briefly mentioned on one of his videos about it, is that it will become a defacto ‘mandatory’ gear check.

i.e. Please link your GW2 Efficiency page or we will not allow you into our group, raid, whatever.

Now, you say, that won’t happen. It will totally happen.

So what? If you don’t want to run with players that request this then don’t.
Just because you don’t want something doesn’t mean it should be taken away for everyone. That’s selfish and self-centered beyond belief.

It doesn’t matter what will happen – you’re saying – “because most of the player base will most likely decide to play differently than me and holds other values please take away their options because I don’t want to have to find people like myself to play with or adapt to fit in with the rest”

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’m finding it hilarious how many people are hearing about this for the very time thanks to this very thread, and will now be using it.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Harper.4173

The real problem with this type of thread is that people like the OP – while on a declarative level will want nothing to do with “meta elitists” but at the same time want to take away all the tools through which both the “meta elitists” and themselves could make sure they don’t interact – why?

Because sneaking in a run and getting carried is easy and I don’t really blame them for wanting to be able to do it. It’s only human after all.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Beldin.5498

With the implementation of raids such a site will be a much needed part of GW2. You may not like it but this is how it is now.

Enjoy your “dead zerker meta build diversity” that HoT will bring.

If people thought that ending the “zerker meta” would bring about a free “play how I want” environment – they were gravely mistaken. The new “Raid meta” will be even more severe and the exclusion from it will reach new heights.

Truly I am looking forward to all these things

I guess it will be a meta of as much DPS (aka zerker) as possible, as less healers/tanks
as really needed. So in the end very much like in any other standard MMO.

Good job guy if you really have managed to make GW2 really to just another EQ clone
just like WoW and 98% of all other MMOs.

Target for next expansion : give us a real gear threadmill, since only with that
content will be really challenging. Also only good players need good stuff and
bad players should be happy to see that stuff only on others.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I admit I didn’t know about this site. And it seems pretty cool. So thanks I guess?

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: dom.2748

dom.2748

No, this site is perfectly fine. If you don’t want to share your account, you simply don’t. If you have something to hide from groups with gear checks you shouldn’t be in their group anyway.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I guess it will be a meta of as much DPS (aka zerker) as possible, as less healers/tanks

That is EXACTLY what the game is NOW – just the number of healers and tanks required is ZERO so you don’t notice it…

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Beldin.5498

That is EXACTLY what the game is NOW – just the number of healers and tanks required is ZERO so you don’t notice it…

But that was the small difference that we needed ZERO healers .. no longer waiting
with the group because you didn’t find a healer.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

But that was the small difference that we needed ZERO healers .. no longer waiting

Other classes can provide the Healing support, Anet’s philosophy wasn’t “no healers” it was “no unique healer class” every other class can generate group healing and support to cover for the day your healer isn’t there.

Everyone here is thinking “druid best healer can’t replace with 1 other class” BUT you’re not considering small tweaks to multiple other group members with zero healing power investment can cover for it (healing power doesn’t scale well incase you didn’t notice).

So you can have your entirely focused healer or spread it out over the group.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Don’t like it? Don’t play with people who forces it.

People who ask for gear pings and gear checks through site like these are not even 10% of the dungeon runners last I checked the LFG.

People at most say Zerkers only but that’s it.

I myself understand your hatred against them though. If someone else kitten moans and tries to micro manage my own kittening traits, I will tell them to kitten right off. If someone gives me their opinion, that’s fine. Even if I know a trait is the meta or better for dps or some kitten, I might want to take another if I believe it’ll benefit me in a different way. Few different traits ain’t the end of the kittening world. Those people are the kind of humans who likes to have vanity for the sake of stoking their egos.

I know some people who used to do kitten like that but came to understanding that it’s just a waste of time for everyone and doesn’t promote blissful fun.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Harper.4173

Other classes can provide the Healing support, Anet’s philosophy wasn’t “no healers” it was “no unique healer class” every other class can generate group healing and support to cover for the day your healer isn’t there.

Everyone here is thinking “druid best healer can’t replace with 1 other class” BUT you’re not considering small tweaks to multiple other group members with zero healing power investment can cover for it (healing power doesn’t scale well incase you didn’t notice).

So you can have your entirely focused healer or spread it out over the group.

In practice however people will most likely force a ranger into a druid rather than have 2-3 people “tweak” their builds in order to cover the healing.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Hector.1408

Hector.1408

Ok it seems like OP is confused on how gw2efficiency works.

You can only search for accounts that have sharing options already set up.

Search method: http://gw2efficiency.com/account/characters/ACCT.1234
EXAMPLE: replace ACCT.1234 with hector.1408
SUCH AS: http://gw2efficiency.com/account/characters/hector.1408

Notice: did you need any API key here to search? Obviously not. This search takes about 15s and it’s done. The website itself also has a search box as well.

It’s actually great to use for the creation of a LFG Guild. You use it to check people who fits your LFG Guild expectations before inviting them into the LFG Guild.

Conclusion:
Using this tool in PUG lfg is just a waste of time.
Using this tool for a LFG Guild is great.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Freyah.8912

Freyah.8912

Nooo, I like it, it helps me keep track of all my junk. XD

As for gear checking… well when I go in LFG tool and only see groups with pings or AP levels for the content I look for I simply create a group with a description like: “chillaxed run, stressed or gogo’s need not apply, we learn as we go.”
That puppy will fill up fast.
And then I usually ask “anybody done this one before?”. If somebody has, yay a guide, if not: fun times ahead. =)

Don’t worry OP, meta groups don’t want to run with us hippie snowflakes and we don’t want to run with them. All is good. =D

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Whatever. I’d rather run the dungeon 2 minutes slower than spend 5 minutes on gear/build/food/skill/trait/whatever checks/arguments and also have to deal with some self-righteous group leader who dictates everything that everyone does inside the dungeon. If that’s your thing, have ‘fun’ without me.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Isarii.2804

Isarii.2804

I’m sorry but this makes just as much sense as your last post about banning berserker related words from the game

Oh my god, I thought you were joking. This is hilarious.

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I use the site to find stuff in different character’s bags. I had something I’d crafted on a character and couldn’t remember which one. This was very useful for me.

If there are a bunch of elitists who want to use it as opt in, I’m all for that. Because I can actually look at those LFG ads and remove those people from the list of people I’d ever want to play with.

I’ll post my casual run LFGs (when my guild isn’t around) and happily run with anyone regardless of this site.

Oh, it’s usefulness is not in question – I use it myself. What others may do with it however, may be of concern.

The sun rising in the West is also of concern to some. Doesn’t mean the community or ANet needs to start considering it.

How about we wait until we see if this is actually an issue before going DefCon5 on a single website among many that offer this utility.

And if it turns out to be an issue, ANet can simply disable parts of the API; there’s no need to worry about any particular site.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

The main problem with this site, and it’s something Woodenpotatoes briefly mentioned on one of his videos about it, is that it will become a defacto ‘mandatory’ gear check.

i.e. Please link your GW2 Efficiency page or we will not allow you into our group, raid, whatever.

Now, you say, that won’t happen. It will totally happen.

So what? So there are Elitists playing this game. Uh-huh. There are Elitists playing in EVERY MMO out there. Name one MMO community without Elitists.

Does this mean that EVERYONE who plays an MMO is an Elitist? If that were true, then all of these people wouldn’t be complaining about Elitism. Funny thing about that; if there are so many people who DON’T want to play like the Elitists, why are you not playing together, instead of complaining about how the Elitists won’t play with you?

Obviously, there are a lot of players who don’t care about whether or not you have the the best of the best of everything (or at least the way they see that). Why waste your time and energy worrying about people you wouldn’t want to play with anyway, and find the ones that would actually appreciate and enjoy your presence?

Ban "Efficiency" Website

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.