Ban Market Manipulators too

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Umbra Unu.4260

Umbra Unu.4260

Arena Net would be INSANE to even consider this preposterous idea for a mere second.

Now I’m off to check how many of my buy orders got filled. :-) Playing the TP is one of the main reasons I enjoy GW2 so much.

omniscient omnipotent omnipresent without judgement

(edited by Umbra Unu.4260)

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

In my humble opinion AH manipulation is the best thing this game offers.

Highest challenge and highest reward.

And to all those who say “wut it isn’t hard” yeah no kitten, but compare it to the rest of the game.

Posted by: goldi.3129

goldi.3129

In my humble opinion AH manipulation is the best thing this game offers.

Highest challenge and highest reward.

And to all those who say “wut it isn’t hard” yeah no kitten, but compare it to the rest of the game.

The only people complaining about it are usually those who don’t have the very basic economic knowledge to participate.
In every MMO with a market institution the fastest way to make money is playing the auction house. Buying low, selling high- buying complete stocks to decrease supply. Basics.
And in every MMO you get ignorant people like the OP who want to force people to play the game the way they think it should be.
Whacking mobs all day and than selling to the next NPC?
If it takes no effort to play the tp you wouldn’t post here. It takes effort. Its more than simply clicking button a so that action b is taken. Take a basic course in economies to learn about the effort.

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

Not a chance of anet doing anything about it. Item price rises means more taxes mean more money out of the game mean more gems brought for real cash.

Then why are they ignoring bots, which has driven T6 prices to their minimum?

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Not a chance of anet doing anything about it. Item price rises means more taxes mean more money out of the game mean more gems brought for real cash.

Then why are they ignoring bots, which has driven T6 prices to their minimum?

That’s more a display of ANet’s slow response time. They’ll ban the bots (as they have done twice already) eventually, they just aren’t quick to respond to anything (see recent snowflake, allowed the mass and publicised “exploit” to occur for several days before having any response on it)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

Are we going to see anymore “because they banned festive exploiters we should…” threads?

Because they were already old before the initial bans.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

The problem is you can’t trade so you’re forced to use TP or grind yourself.

GW2 is so revolutionary is took away some of the most basic, fundamental mechanics of MMO’s.

In WoW I can simply go to trade chat and offer up on my own terms instead of putting in requests on the TP and playing the waiting game and you never get deals on what you’re trying to buy because the market is so screwed.

The market is way too player controlled, too easily inflated, too unfair for people with lives that actually wanna play the game.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

goldi.3129

The market is way too player controlled, too easily inflated, too unfair for people with lives that actually wanna play the game.

It takes me 10 minutes to set up my buy orders, another 10 to set up my sell orders.
The market is a great place for people who don’t have the time to spend hours grinding but spend minutes thinking and analysing.

Posted by: Jelle.2807

Jelle.2807

You’re all terrible communists.

goldi.3129

You’re all terrible communists.

Thats due to the fact that communismn only works in theory and never with humans

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The OP kind of has a good point.

Whatever “damage” (like a 10% price-drop over two weeks) is caused by Snowflake abusers is absolutely dwarfed by what Trade-Post players are doing to the economy.

Just by going to www.guildwarstrade.com you can see price and volume fluctuations up to 1000%. How is that not a bazillion times more damaging than what some salvager might have caused?

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I wouldnt take seriously any of this angry posters that are kittening about poor exploiters and compare it to using TP way it was intended to be used. Snowflakes exploit wasnt intended to generate infinite supply of ectos and that is difference.
They are bitter about other things they dont find to their likings so they grab every chance to bash ANet even if there is no logic to it.
And guess what, its always same bitter kids that jump on the hate train.

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Such concerns are not meant to be discussed on the forum, as the suspension and/or termination of an account is a decision up to our customer support team.

If you think a player or a group of players are engaging in activity against the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and/or the Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct, please contact our customer support team or send an e-mail to exploits@arena.net.

This thread is now closed, thank you for your understanding.