Bank Full. Solution?

Bank Full. Solution?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

since crafting is still one of the easiest ways to level, and your throwing out crafting materials, you don’t seem to be hurting for money so you can afford to buy more bank tabs and I’m sure your inventory is maxxed with all 20 slots on all toons also right?

Sincerly, Me.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Last dumb question. Ascended gear is only for like characters? I mean cloth ascended can only work with other cloth characters?

Moot point though since Ascended gear is out of reach for me.

Yes. Ascended gear does have the Light, Medium, and Heavy classification just like every other piece of armor.

Why is Ascended gear out of reach for you?

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

What is a personal guild bank?

Storage mules can hold exotic equipment that has been used by another character?

How many more bag slots can you buy? I thought it was just 1 more?

You can have 8 bag slots in total on each character. That’s 160 inventory slots per character if you have all 8 slots and they’re all 20 slot bags.

IIRC a new character has 5 slots, so you can buy 3 more.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Now since it’s 95% armor and weapons, do you mean different looks or more of a different stats sets. I’d seriously look into spreading that equipment throughout your characters since it’s soulbound anyways. Try using Invisible bags.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Almost sounds like you would “need” legendary weapons. Since you can change the stats anytime one would replace however many stat combinations of the same weapon … ~19?

Other than that as mentioned above seems like your only option is bag slots, if you only bought one yet you should be able to buy two more.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_Slot_Expansion

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Last dumb question. Ascended gear is only for like characters? I mean cloth ascended can only work with other cloth characters?

Yes. Ascended gear does have the Light, Medium, and Heavy classification just like every other piece of armor.

I have a set of ascended armor. Maybe 10 ascended weapon.

But 1 character can have 3 or 4 armor set. And there are 8 class. For example guardian have soldier armor, berserker armor with traveler rune, and berseker armor with dps rune. That is just too much to replace to replace for every character.

I would like to try out new build. But in the end, it just take too much bag space so I didn’t do it.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I have a set of ascended armor. Maybe 10 ascended weapon.

But 1 character can have 3 or 4 armor set. And there are 8 class. For example guardian have soldier armor, berserker armor with traveler rune, and berseker armor with dps rune. That is just too much to replace to replace for every character.

I would like to try out new build. But in the end, it just take too much bag space so I didn’t do it.

His problem is he jumps between various builds on all of his characters so often that he’s run out of storage room for one of his characters and has asked for solutions to his problems. Ascended gear is a solution, even though it isn’t a quick, easy, or cheap one.

Since there are at least 2 classes per armor classification, this would reduce the amount in his bank by at least 50%. And that’s only if he doesn’t care about looks.

And legendary weapons would allow for stat swapping. But ascended weapons would work in the meantime.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Well, each character can hold up to 8 bag slots x 20 items per bag = 160 item slots.

There are 17 different prefixes in the game, 16 of which has all equipment except the back piece only has 6 different combination (exotic).

Each character has 6 armor slots, average 4 weapons, 5 trinket slot and 1 back piece slots. Totaling about 15 slots x 16 prefixes = 240 items. Plus the 6 possible back pieces = 246 different items. Minus the currently equipped set 246 – 16 = 230.

He said he has 4 characters and 12 bank tabs. Each bank tab is 30 slots. If he dedicate 3 tabs (90 slots) per character. Each character can have up to 160 slots from bags . That’s 160+90 = 250 slots per character. And there is STILL 20 slots to spare if he is truly “max out” as he claimed.

Even if my estimate is a little off, if he is truly maxed out he still has about 80 extra slots.

The OP either has
1. Has extraneous stuffs that are not soul bound that we don’t know about and he’s not saying it.
2. Has repeated sets (like 3 berserker sets? with different runes)
3. Organization problem

About the hoarding here are some pictures: :P There were a post that I made before ascended armor/weapon crafting came out. I one of the pic. This is the current

Attachments:

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

To obtain these. Feeding an army

Attachments:

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

He said he has 4 characters and 12 bank tabs. Each bank tab is 30 slots. If he dedicate 3 tabs (90 slots) per character. Each character can have up to 160 slots from bags . That’s 160+90 = 250 slots per character. And there is STILL 20 slots to spare if he is truly “max out” as he claimed.

You’ll bag will be consistent full. That’s why it isn’t pratical.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

since crafting is still one of the easiest ways to level, and your throwing out crafting materials, you don’t seem to be hurting for money so you can afford to buy more bank tabs and I’m sure your inventory is maxxed with all 20 slots on all toons also right?

That’s the point. Bank tabs are maxed

Will look into more bag slots and bigger bags though

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Well, each character can hold up to 8 bag slots x 20 items per bag = 160 item slots.

There are 17 different prefixes in the game, 16 of which has all equipment except the back piece only has 6 different combination (exotic).

Each character has 6 armor slots, average 4 weapons, 5 trinket slot and 1 back piece slots. Totaling about 15 slots x 16 prefixes = 240 items. Plus the 6 possible back pieces = 246 different items. Minus the currently equipped set 246 – 16 = 230.

Even if my estimate is a little off, if he is truly maxed out he still has about 80 extra slots.

The OP either has
1. Has extraneous stuffs that are not soul bound that we don’t know about and he’s not saying it.
3. Organization problem

About the hoarding here are some pictures: :P There were a post that I made before ascended armor/weapon crafting came out. I one of the pic. This is the current

Bingo

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Ascended trinkets are easy to get so just break down you exotics. If you really, really need every single exotic armour then you are going to have problems with any option mentioned above.

I am not really sure what you mean

He means salvage/sell exotics and clear your banks for ascended gear only

I have played the game since a little after it was released. I have 2 ascended items…rings that I just had drop recently in WvW. I could buy a couple more jewelry items with Laurels…..armor and weapons? I can’t sell the exotics since they are used. Salvage gets me a piece of wood or something which does me no good.

Even WvW you get dailies. So rings/earrings/amulets can be gotten ascended variety. You also get a discount for ascended jewellery in WvW. Since you do not craft you will get very little to none ascended weapons or armour so if you need to keep them they are soulbound and can only be stored in your personal bank and used by 1 character. Those pieces of wood are worth a lot of money.

Yep, I complete my daily about 25 times during a month. I also finish the monthly. So I have about 200 laurels. I could buy a couple of rings or necks and have a slight improvement of stats…if I bought zerker stats though and wanted to go condi ..or healing…or bunker etc etc then those pieces would need to be stored.

The best answer I see is to use alts as storage. Which is what I will do. That answer was helpful.

good, as long as you realize that an alt cannot take soulbound equip from another character even from the bank.

Except soulbound items don’t exist anymore since the patch, and everything is accountbound now. So that particular problem is solved!

Not sure where you got this idea but it isn’t true.

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

Mayby try it this way:

I use basicly all classes. That means three types of armor (light, medium and heavy).
Of every armortype is one set: Zerker, PVT, Knight (on heavy) and one additional for condi on light and medium (just planned yet).
All of the weapons and armors are ascended, which means the characters basicly share their armors/weapons as needed.
Weapons are also available with the different stats & upgrades/sigils, as needed.
This still saves a lot of storage space contrary to just exotics. Plus they have better stats and more upgrade slots.

For buying one additional storage-toon plus the upgrades you can calculate roughly 200g (not including bags) or just buy 2000gems.
As for the bags, get them either from fractals or count in additional ~70g (20slots)

That and the personal bank gives a lot of extra storage.
And even in WvW now, if someone is always broke he/she does something horribly wrong.

Btw. any estimates when the extra character slots will be on sale again?

(edited by Thareen.5471)

Bank Full. Solution?

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

The OP either has
3. Organization problem

4. Mixed sets. Example: berserker/knight.