Bank space is worse than F2P games

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I think the legendary loot he is getting is the bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments. OP, you should just delete those mats if you are hoarding too much of then, they just drop too much even though they are a high tier crafting mat, you dont need to hoard then.

He says he has only been playing for 10 hours. I doubt he has hit level 80 yet, which is required to get T7 mats.

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

Buy them with coin. 600 gems is ~79g right now. And you can make yourself a personal guild bank with an additional 250 slots. Gold or gem doesn’t really matter. Account bound and items from the BLC are what take up space.

Edit: Didn’t realize you’re a new player. You shouldn’t need any space. If you didn’t
know you can deposit your materials into a separate bank tab. Right-Click> Deposit material. And if you really need something you’ll get it.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

(edited by Chuck.8196)

Posted by: shifted.4086

shifted.4086

Yes, space is far too expensive. Yes, it should never have cost gems. But good luck convincing the fanboys who bought space 2 years ago that it needs to change.

Oh and evidently in a game about collecting stuff and cosmetics, you are not supposed to ‘hoard’ things. Oh unless you buy overpriced space that is. Then you are allowed…

/rollseyes

Did someone just agree with my dissenting opinion?? Holy crap!

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

New players can save all their gold for weeks to buy a bag slot. Oh joy!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Oh joy indeed! It’s actually really cool they can do so just like everyone else that doesn’t want to pay cash for gems. It’s a really nice feature that Anet allows trading in game gold for gems.

The Burninator

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Oh joy indeed! It’s actually really cool they can do so just like everyone else that doesn’t want to pay cash for gems. It’s a really nice feature that Anet allows trading in game gold for gems.

I bought my slots before they cost ~1000 gold for all bag and bank slots. Not sure about you, though.

A new player is also trying to get this thing called gear.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

op is right,the bank space for this paying game is pathetic

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I bought my slots before they cost ~1000 gold for all bag and bank slots. Not sure about you, though.

A new player is also trying to get this thing called gear.

And a new player doesn’t necessarily need extra bank slots right away. I played for over 3 months or so before I decided I needed extra bank space. I geared up 4 characters in full exotics prior to that. I guess it comes down to inventory management and priorities, but some people don’t want to hear that due to the “all evil and greedy” gem store.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Yes, space is far too expensive. Yes, it should never have cost gems. But good luck convincing the fanboys who bought space 2 years ago that it needs to change.

Oh and evidently in a game about collecting stuff and cosmetics, you are not supposed to ‘hoard’ things. Oh unless you buy overpriced space that is. Then you are allowed…

/rollseyes

I would rather spend $10 for space as I need it, instead of paying $15 a month to have access to all the space, and if I stop paying that $15 a month I lose access to that space and the MMO.

Call me a fanboy if you want, but they are not charging us $15 a month to play a game we bought, having to pay $10 for bank space when needed is an excellent trade.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

/rollseyes

I would rather spend $10 for space as I need it, instead of paying $15 a month to have access to all the space, and if I stop paying that $15 a month I lose access to that space and the MMO.

Call me a fanboy if you want, but they are not charging us $15 a month to play a game we bought, having to pay $10 for bank space when needed is an excellent trade.

It would cost you $450 in GW2 to match the amount of character slots given in WoW. That’s 3 years of paying a sub in WoW.

You also don’t have to pay cash to change hair style/color(as many times as you want), cosmetics/wardrobe, to play on a different server, to expand your bank slots etc.

I don’t really have a point other than there are very obvious perks to both sides.

I’ve always preferred a subscription fee in mmos. Games like GW2 feel like they are built around ridiculous RNG that forces players into farming or grinding gold to obtain anything in game. It feels like everything revolves around that gem to gold exchange.

(edited by Fernling.1729)

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I went with the original bank tab for over a year. More weren’t necessary until I started accumulating bloodstone up the wazoo. Getting a craft skill up to 450 helps alleviate that problem a bit.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

guild stash is your friend. 20 slot bags are your friend. salvage kits are your friend. trading post is your friend. if anything, just buy some gems and add more of those storage slots. and if anet already had enough of your money, just grind tirelessly for gold to convert into gems to get any of those.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Games like GW2 feel like they are built around ridiculous RNG that forces players into farming or grinding gold to obtain anything in game. It feels like everything revolves around that gem to gold exchange.

I can see that.

In my experience sub based games feel like they are built around slowing me down in order to drag out the experience.

I guess they are all businesses who need to feed their business model.

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

but having a little extra bank space to go around to begin with, wouldn’t be bad.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

I paid $40 for this game. Bank space is NOT a luxury. Maybe the 4th or 5th “tab” would start to become optional, but one is NOT enough AT ALL. I should easily have 3x as much bank space by default or it should be easily unlockable via a few gold or level gating.

Now I’m not going to spend a dime on your cash shop just because I feel like you’re greedy.

And don’t even try to post that you can get it for free. You’d have to drop >100g or 5k achievement points on ONE extra tab. That’s a lot of playtime- it’d feel good to put it towards something fun. Instead you need a bank tab so you can stop using your character slots for storage space.

One tab is frankly bullkitten. Don’t charge me $40 for a game then demand I drop another $10 to be able to store a tiny fraction of the stuff I get in the first 10 hours of play.

Why not do what I did and start your own one man storage guild? Just create the Guild, build a Guild Vault, et voilà 50 extra storage spaces straight away.

Astral Projections.7320

I paid $40 for this game. Bank space is NOT a luxury. Maybe the 4th or 5th “tab” would start to become optional, but one is NOT enough AT ALL. I should easily have 3x as much bank space by default or it should be easily unlockable via a few gold or level gating.

Now I’m not going to spend a dime on your cash shop just because I feel like you’re greedy.

And don’t even try to post that you can get it for free. You’d have to drop >100g or 5k achievement points on ONE extra tab. That’s a lot of playtime- it’d feel good to put it towards something fun. Instead you need a bank tab so you can stop using your character slots for storage space.

One tab is frankly bullkitten. Don’t charge me $40 for a game then demand I drop another $10 to be able to store a tiny fraction of the stuff I get in the first 10 hours of play.

Why not do what I did and start your own one man storage guild? Just create the Guild, build a Guild Vault, et voilà 50 extra storage spaces straight away.

Well, not exactly

It costs one gold to start now and..

“Tier-1 (Guild Stash) gives 50-slots, requires 2500 influence and about one and a half weeks.”

So he will need to either play enough to get 2500 influence or buy it at a cost of 2 gold per 1000 then he can start the one and one-half weeks build time.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:1Maven/Personal_Guild_%26_Bank_Vault#Cost_.2F_Benefit_vs._Account_Bank
“However, the easiest and fastest, but expensive way is to buy the required Guild influence is from the Guild Promoter, a NPC vendor found in every city usually near the Guild Bank NPC. Each 1,000 influence costs 2 Gold.”

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Tip…Make a solo guild for a 100Slot bank.

Edit: I’m a bit slow this morning…

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It’s all loot boxes and legendary gear from boxes that I can open without them depending on my level.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means…

My bad, I mean exotic.

Like mentioned earlier, stop hoarding. You should be selling those exotics if they’re worth a couple gold or more (or salvaging for the rune/sigil since that’s often why certain exotics sell for their high prices), or salvaging those exotics if they sell for less than a gold (getting ectos makes a profit). I mean, I hate to say it, but you’re really getting antsy over something blown out of proportions.

Additionally, create a guild bank as suggested. The cost for fully opening the guild bank capacity with gold-bought influence is probably the same cost as 1-2 bank tabs, and gives 8 times or so the storage.

edit: and you CAN get exotic gear on sub-65 characters, even on a level 1. Named exotics, remember?

(edited by Aidan Savage.2078)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

new players don’t really need that much space in the first place. stop hoarding acct bound stuff that you think you might need in the future. consume them…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Astral Projections.7320

It’s all loot boxes and legendary gear from boxes that I can open without them depending on my level.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means…

My bad, I mean exotic.

Like mentioned earlier, stop hoarding. You should be selling those exotics if they’re worth a couple gold or more (or salvaging for the rune/sigil since that’s often why certain exotics sell for their high prices), or salvaging those exotics if they sell for less than a gold (getting ectos makes a profit). I mean, I hate to say it, but you’re really getting antsy over something blown out of proportions.

Additionally, create a guild bank as suggested. The cost for fully opening the guild bank capacity with gold-bought influence is probably the same cost as 1-2 bank tabs, and gives 8 times or so the storage.

edit: and you CAN get exotic gear on sub-65 characters, even on a level 1. Named exotics, remember?

If he’s gotten an exotic after less than 10 hours of playing then he’s got to be the luckiest player alive. My first exotic was a drop on my level 80 in Orr after I had been playing for several months. I leveled 9 chars to 80 and never once got an exotic while leveling other than from higher level map completion.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

Bank tabs are always full. It is futile to try to get more bank space. Junk expands to fill any void.
Adapted from a great thinker.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I really really really really feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t have full bank + bag spaces unlocked. It must be a NIGHTMARE to play the game at all.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

If you can’t afford slots and can’t store all your stuff, you’re probably doing it wrong. Excessive storage space is meant for those that have the means to stack loads of excess materials for future investment. If you are starting out and only have 1-2 tabs, this is simply priorities in a wrong place.

I only have 4 bank tabs, total myself.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

personally speaking the 12 tabs max you can have just isn’t enough any more for me.. there are soooo many currencies and such that can’t be deposited into the collectables storage/wallet that I would gladly shovel a few more piles of real currency down the ANET bean counters necks.. gimmeee more plzzzz!

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Let’s face it, it’s pretty normal to have bank tabs and I think the OP is right, that they should provide more for just in game gold. If you exchange gold for gems, it is pretty expensive: 70 to 80g per bank tab which is ridiculously high. The bank tabs WILL fill and one IS NOT enough as mentioned by a lot of posters here which I though wouldn’t fanboy around. There are a lot of items you want to either share with your character or you simply don’t have enough space (kittenloads of ascended rings or bloodstone dust anyone?)

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

They either provide enough space or they don’t.

There’s no substance to your argument, you’re just saying I don’t have a right to complain because I can buy more space if I “really” need it. That’s my whole issue in the first place though:

The cash shop should be for luxury purchases. I want to store more than 30 items and do not consider that a luxury. To that you have essentially said “not uh”.

That’s a subjective statement. What isn’t “enough” for some(like you) are enough for others. You are not the sole arbiter of “what is enough” nor is your opinion the only one that matters.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I woul repeat thing said before but.

On character you can get 100 slots after a while withoiut paying.
In your bank well 30 slots
4 alts 60 slots if you go really cheap
guild bank 50 slots…
——————-+
Total 420 slots

And when you get at where I am today 3 yrs on
On character I can have 160 slots *15
In my bank 12 times 30 slots
no alts anymore
guil bank with 250 slots…
—————————+
for 3010 slots…

Unfortunately I also have a lot to store so I have left
~85 slot per character
~10 slots in my bank for swapping
~125 guild bank
——————+
for 1410 available slots….

So I have 1600 slots filled on my charaters in total with mostly useless souvenirs and tokens from content long gone., useless fractal rings, unused skins……. foods, 2nd, 3rd armors, alt weapon sets/trinkets, WvW siege and salvage stuff…

Thats 100 slots /character… or about the base storage per character… After 3 yrs of playing and hoarding like a madman…. I could easily throw away the contents of 4 oi 5 bank tabs without losing someting actally worth cash ingame…. like I said it’s memorabilia…

The more storage: the more junk.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Compaired to other MMO’s I think GW2 is pretty much on the OK part of this me thinks.

I mean, what other games has a whole bank specified to crafting mats? What other games has a button to store crafting mats in the bank without having to go there?

I have always had an overflow of stuff in MMO’s, I always fill upp my storage no matter how much space I have. I collect Junk until it is filled and when it is I get rid of the least valuble junk I have and so on. Since GW2 is my favorite MMO I would gladly pay once in a while instead of paying once a month just to be able to play.

But as I have to complain about the storage I will have to complain about this increase of stupid tokens that isn’t bound to the Wallet like bandit crests and Geodes. Or atleast have a new specific bank slot for them or let them stack to more than 250, becouse it is needed many and we get many.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Okay, while the titling and the phrasing of the OP might have been slightly more productive, I think we might be a little more open to discussing the starter bank space. In the early days, it really wasn’t a problem, but I don’t think it’s controversial to say that the amount of non-depositable festival stuff has gone up significantly in the last year or so. Add to that boosters, banners and tonics that drop from missions etc. and 30 slots is a bit on the slim side.

I’m not saying that it’s a problem that demands attention, but there are plenty of players who complain about their inventories filling with junk. A bigger inventory would solve that pretty easily. It’s not like people wouldn’t still want to buy extra tabs if they started with 60 slots instead of 30. Nor would (many) people complain about having bought tabs if they were gifted an extra tab now.

I’d also note that while it is true that personal guild banks and mule characters are an option. I’m not sure that this is really the intended functionality of those features.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I mean, what other games has a whole bank specified to crafting mats? What other games has a button to store crafting mats in the bank without having to go there?

WOW does

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

#WoWMentioned

:o

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I have to agree here, the bank slots this game gives is abysmal. For a B2P game, one bank tab is just a huge rip off. Not only that, they designed the game so that every alternative is a huge chore. Having an alternate guild bank storage sounds fine at first until you realise how poor it is to stack items onto the tab, it takes way too much time then is needed as you can’t simply drag an item onto a stack, nope you have remove the item from the guild bank and then stack it on the item in your inventory AND THEN put it back in the guild bank.

They also made sure that the loot system bombards you with insane amount of garbage to the point where throwing them on the tp or salvaging becomes even more of a chore and then you basically need a salvage o tron or else you be stuck with even more annoyances having to buy stacks of salvage kits every 30 minutes.

As you can tell this was all a business decision to push people to the gem store.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Compaired to other MMO’s I think GW2 is pretty much on the OK part of this me thinks.

I have always had an overflow of stuff in MMO’s, I always fill upp my storage no matter how much space I have. I collect Junk until it is filled and when it is I get rid of the least valuble junk I have and so on. Since GW2 is my favorite MMO I would gladly pay once in a while instead of paying once a month just to be able to play.

But as I have to complain about the storage I will have to complain about this increase of stupid tokens that isn’t bound to the Wallet like bandit crests and Geodes. Or atleast have a new specific bank slot for them or let them stack to more than 250, becouse it is needed many and we get many.

Agree, i think whenever we get new token introduced, they have to extend our wallet at the same time. I think bank tab should keep as is, but there are still quality of life improvement Anet can and should do.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

WOW does

WOW also charges you 15 dollars a month. That much money can be used to buy more bank slots in GW2 with ease.

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

i have maxed out bank tabs.

half of them sit there empty gathering dust.

i do how ever have maxed out bag slots with 20 slot bags and can fill that up very fast. but that’s a different story for another topic.

more bag slots please anet. id like to have double the current bag slots. and yes i would pay real money for the bag slots ! (i have a job and can afford such luxuries )

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

WOW does

WOW also charges you 15 dollars a month. That much money can be used to buy more bank slots in GW2 with ease.

Well that is sadly besides the point of my question… If now WoW has this feature then I rest my case. They didn’t have it when I last played it atleast.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

They either provide enough space or they don’t.

And for most people 1 tab is enough space.. Just not for you.. :p

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Tuff luck. Also, you can get the tabs for in game currency – there, I did it.

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

With regard to spending money or not in the Gem Store or to purchase Bank Tabs: This is how Arena Net pays for the world servers and continued support. They provide a way to obtain bank tabs with in-game currency to gem conversion if you wish to pursue it, but don’t expect it to be convenient or cheap vs. time spent.

Perhaps you could get an in-game friend to buy you bank tab space as a gift, though I don’t recall if that’s gift-able. Personal trading is not in the game so you can’t trade anything for a “gift”, sadly.

You are given the bare minimum bank space to survive with your first character. More characters usually means you’ll need more space. More stuff to collect over time means more space will be needed. Extra armor sets at level 80 and extra weapons means more storage will be needed unless you plan to carry everything with you at all times. This also touches on extra character inventory slots (belongs to one character only and is lost if that character is deleted) and larger bags for your inventory but is a whole other matter.

Making your own private guilds for storage only works for non-account/non-soul-bound items. You can save extra stacks of resources and sell them when the price is high or buy them when it’s low as you see fit. You can save fresh, unbound items for later use. Store extra/salvaged runes and sigils for future use. Food and potions too.

Edit: With regard to what someone mentioned up above and subscription fees: Why not save 10 dollars (US) per month and buy gems (800 for $10) with it? You can use them for whatever you wish in the Gem Store or for Bank Space or extra Character Inventory Bag Slots (limit of 3 extra per character). $10 is about the cost of a good meal at Subway™

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

So you don’t want to invest money nor the time needed to get a bigger bank space? Okay, then it’s best to just keep the ones you really need and not hoard every item you pick up. Take a good look at your stuff and check if you really need them. Otherwise, you could just do what other players do and just make your own guild bank. That one has way more space available and starting a guild is just 1 gold piece (I think)

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: Elvirais.5472

Elvirais.5472

I do think Anet should do something to improve how much space stuff takes up. It’s not just bloodstone dust. There’s blade shards, festival tokens, skill point scrolls, mystic coins, mystic forge stones, Mordrem parts, SAB continue coins, watchwork sprockets, custom arena time tokens… All of these are “currency” when you look at them right.

Dry top added more stuff to collect. Silverwastes added another form of currency (Bandit crests). Most of these you need a lot more than one stack to buy something (1000 crests for armor iirc). It starts to add up.

The experience scrolls to get to level 20 from first and second birthdays don’t even stack. Hopefully that’s a bug and not intended.

Then there’s the cooking supplies. I have three bank slots full of cooking supplies, each square filled with something different. The new crafting system helps to create the intermediate products on the fly so that’s at least something. And to be fair, they warn you when you start cooking that it will take up time , karma, etc more than other crafts.

What if you want to keep a few exotic runes around because if you’re not an expert on tp buying / selling (i’m not) you lose money selling them and then buying them back when you need them -> one bank tab filled with runes & sigils.

I play Guild Wars for WvWvW – Piken Square !
Marush Ifri, Noreena Gorun, Arsaname, Desra Ele…

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Roll new toon. Walk to Black Lion trader, buy cheap 15 slot bags. Walk next to bank.

Hey presto, another 80 slots.

There are numerous ways to store things in this game and unless you’re a total hoarder of useless junk it’s next to impossible to run out of space.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

What? This has nothing to do with materials.

I don’t want to deconstruct legendary gear, and I don’t want to open good boxes on low level characters. It’s not like I’m hoarding level 14 greens here.

What the hell is deconstruct legendary gear? Do you mean salvage? Because you can’t salvage legendary gear and i’m pretty sure that you never had legendary gear if you are not level 80 yet.

And openning ‘’good boxes’’ like you said is far more profitable to do on low level character (level 40-60) because you get material that we can no longer get on a regular basis as level 80, but that we still need.

Solution? You have 5 character space, use the 4 others as mule, get them bag and park them next to your back and stockpile what you thing you will need later. You can get around 200 additional space free if you give them bag of 8 slots. Later you can give them bags of 20 slos for 400 free space. You want more? Buying a bank tank will cost yu 87 gold in-game. That’s what a lot of ppl did. 87 gold might seem a lot for you since you don’t know the game yet, but that will take you around 3 to 12 hours at level 80 depending on what you are doing.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’m actually more of the mind that bag slot purchases should be account bound, those can get rather expensive down the road. Dropping 600 gems on account storage isn’t really all that horrible.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I really really really really feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t have full bank + bag spaces unlocked. It must be a NIGHTMARE to play the game at all.

this is my bank. I have 8 level 80s and 1 level 59 at the moment. Never unlocked aditional space for any of my characters. Don’t have a banking guild. Yet for 9 characters 4 bank tabs seem just fine. Not planning on expanding that any time soon.

(just in case attachment system fails me:)
http://i59.tinypic.com/2en9fgh.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/i1f9ly.jpg

Attachments:

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I found getting another character with 4 18-Slot bags to be cheaper than a bank slot. I also find the longer I play the less junk I seem to accumulate as I begin to understand what’s worth hanging onto and what’s not.

I mean, I do still have a bank tab filled with Season 1 things like Tassi’s Candy-Powered Matter Meter . . . and an 18-Slot bag with all the backpack skin junk they kept throwing at me. (Seriously there was a lot.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

What OP says is: bank space is too expensive. Requesting money for more bank space is greedy.

What I think is: bank space price is ok, keeping up the service and paying employees needs to be done, it’s better than paying a sub (I will never again in my life pay a sub for a game, it’s over), wanting bank space for free may be a natural desire (cheaper things are always welcomed) but hey, I can live with the current price, especially since I can buy with ingame money.

I don’t think the normal price will come down (there are offers from time to time though) and there are ways to overcome the “problem”, that have been mentioned in this thread.

That is all.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Honestly, as far as F2P monetization goes this is FAR from the worst out there.

YES it is clearly not enough out of the box.
And YES even with a personal Guild it is a chore.

I bought a couple of extra char-slots so I can have an alt of each profession and a 2nd banktab.
I´m using all the alts as mules mainly for accumulating sets of 4 to gamble away at the Mystic Toilet. So far I haven´t upgraded any personal bag slots but the downtime of switching between alts is getting tedious.

I´m not happy with the bankspace, but I´m aware that good part of my problem is how I choose to handle the space. Will probably end up buying a gemcard soon just for this upgrade, or stop feeding the slotmachine.

And BTW for my “Personal Guild” I maybe spent half a gold at the most, back then I could still make one for free.
Just leveling a character(or more) to 80 and working through the personal story will earn you free letters of recommendation that are perfectly spent on your own guild.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

That’s really interesting, considering I’ve never once bought a bank expansion, and I still get by fine.

Also, if you don’t have the gold to drop on more bank space, how do you have so much stuff that you need more bank space? Sounds to me like you need to learn what’s valuable and what isn’t. Also, maybe it would be good to go ahead and learn that you aren’t the center of the universe, and that you are owed nothing more than what you bought.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I find it funny that he is calling Anet greedy, all the while playing an MMO with no subscription fee. =D