Beach/ Mermaid summer outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’ve never really been excited for any of the new outfits, I haven’t even purchased them since they look “off” I’ve seen alot of requests for a bathing suit outfit, specifically a racial diverse outfit (Which I’d buy more of, racial diverse outfits)
With it being summer, bathing suits would fit the season.

Below, I have a screen of kasmeer in her bathing suit, I love her little sandals! Noone has time for that foot fungus. Some outfit ideas along with bathing suits could be mermaid themed? Seashell top, kelp skirt with ankle and wrist cuffs that have attached fins?

It’s just a thought, but if you guys have any input, please share!

Attachments:

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

“Noone has time for that foot fungus.”

Foot fungus?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

He means athlete’s foot. His words are a literal translation from german, which is not applicable in this case.

Just a flesh wound.3589

He means athlete’s foot. His words are a literal translation from german, which is not applicable in this case.

Yeah. A reference to a disease in the middle of a request for a new outfit just seemed to come out of left field and I wasn’t sure if he meant some obscure meme.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Glitter.8942

Glitter.8942

Yeah. A reference to a disease in the middle of a request for a new outfit just seemed to come out of left field and I wasn’t sure if he meant some obscure meme.

why does it matter? If you don’t have an opinion on the topic don’t reply. I think a summer outfit like that would be awesome.

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

why does it matter? If you don’t have an opinion on the topic don’t reply. I think a summer outfit like that would be awesome.

Isn’t foot fungus a part of the topic though? It is in the original post, after all.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I didn’t understand part of the OP’s topic and asked for a clarification. Is that so bad?

/ shrug

I guess if the OP is unclear on something we should just ignore it instead of asking.

ANet may give it to you.

Chasind.3128

Foot fungus?

gotta have cute sandals with a bathing suit! (I was just making a joke, btw) I really do think the sandals are cute though

Chasind.3128

Atleast someone wants to stay on topic

Just a flesh wound.3589

Foot fungus?

gotta have cute sandals with a bathing suit! (I was just making a joke, btw) I really do think the sandals are cute though

Yah. They’re cute. Bathing suits have been asked for for several years though, with no results.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

While I assume the ANet folks are fully aware that players would like bathing suit outfits, it having been asked for since the first day we got to see Southsun and its resort area, I was told some time back that the team had changed and wasn’t in fact aware of ongoing forum community requests from previous years. So here are some links to old threads to show continuing interest:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/No-Swimwear
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Armor-Clothing-Suggestions-Requests
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legal-ethical-issues-for-Swimwear/first
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Lord-Faren-Spedo-Skin-Please/first#post5468341
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/bltc/Swim-Suits-and-School-Uniforms/first#content
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Another-Swimsuit-Request/first#post3977274
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/When-are-we-getting-these-swimsuits
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Fashion-Advice-Help-a-lady-norn-out/first#post4056304
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/more-swimwear-please
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Where-are-our-swimsuits
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Top-Secret-Swimwear/first#post4830018
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-for-items
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/bltc/Make-swimsuits-already

All from a very fast google search. I believe there are also multiple requests for swimsuits in the gemstore suggestions thread, some original to it, some reposted in it thanks to comments in the individual threads, some merged into it.

I do not recall any ANet comment, ever, on whether they’d consider swimsuits either as town clothes or as the later outfits version. Maybe the next Reddit AMA should have someone pitch the idea …

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Why isn’t this thread being bombed into oblivion by puritans? I made an outfit request thread a few weeks ago that got lots of hate from…. certain people.

I fully support the addition of a bathing suit outfit. I just hate the double standard. A bikini is far more revealing and “sexualizing” than a school uniform, yet everyone seems cool with it…

• Spaghetti string panties with cleavage and booty hanging out: perfectly fine.
  • Uniform with far more cloth coverage : literally for pedophiles.

Posted by: VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618

why is it not ‘applicable’? At least it describes the condition truthfully. It is a fungal infection of the foot.

’Athlete’s foot’ on the other hand is completely meaningless.

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I want bathing suits! Lore friendly ones.
it’d be super cute
id spend gems on it.

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

In-game swimwear is a thing. There are multiple versions available for each race, including sylvari. It’s been around since 2013 and sadly it was never given to the players. I doubt we will ever see them again.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

It’s quite a funny reading. As far as I know, the player population of video games is approx. 80% male, and now they ask for costumes to dress their doll. I am no different of course, I’d really like more sexy dresses for my male asura main character. Especially ones that promotes the ears, because as you know, asura have some obsession with ears, and I’d like to attract some more female asura.

Chasind.3128

It’s quite a funny reading. As far as I know, the player population of video games is approx. 80% male, and now they ask for costumes to dress their doll. I am no different of course, I’d really like more sexy dresses for my male asura main character. Especially ones that promotes the ears, because as you know, asura have some obsession with ears, and I’d like to attract some more female asura.

It is funny; especially since everyone assumes I’m a guy xD

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Whichever artist created Kasmeer needs a raise. A perverted raise.

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

I think the sandals on human t3 look better.

Back on topic, it would be nice to have beach/summer clothing I mean they did the artic style outfit.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Why isn’t this thread being bombed into oblivion by puritans? I made an outfit request thread a few weeks ago that got lots of hate from…. certain people.

I fully support the addition of a bathing suit outfit. I just hate the double standard. A bikini is far more revealing and “sexualizing” than a school uniform, yet everyone seems cool with it…

• Spaghetti string panties with cleavage and booty hanging out: perfectly fine.
  • Uniform with far more cloth coverage : literally for pedophiles.

That’s okay, I support perversion of both the clothed and unclothed varieties!
Swimsuits and school outfits for everyone!

Snark aside, I really wouldn’t mind seeing both, though I’m a little scared of what the outfit design team would come up with after the Slayer/Sentinel/crazy-grass-thing tragedies and the Bandit Sniper outfit that clips 8 Ways to Sunday on Charr.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

In-game swimwear is a thing. There are multiple versions available for each race, including sylvari. It’s been around since 2013 and sadly it was never given to the players. I doubt we will ever see them again.

Really? Even for asura? All I ever see is that stupid onesie.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Southsun has a couple Asura wearing beachwear, if not exactly swimsuits. There’s this one, one of the tourists on Southsun. (This is a wiki screenshot). And there’s another, a little girl who’s wearing shorts and a white top.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Southsun has a couple Asura wearing beachwear, if not exactly swimsuits. There’s this one, one of the tourists on Southsun. (This is a wiki screenshot). And there’s another, a little girl who’s wearing shorts and a white top.

Thanks Fleshy, I forgot about them.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.