Best MMO out right now... GW2!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iceman.9074

Iceman.9074

Hey guys, I’m not a big forums person but seems like lots of people are logging complaints against various parts of the patch/game now and I just want to say….

Your game rocks, its without a doubt the best MMO out right now, going to give Wildstar a shot but absolutely loving the game right now and having lots of fun.

If Wildstar does not hold my attention I’ll be back and giving some money to you guys, you deserve it.

I used to run around and hardly seen anyone questing… as far as doing group quests… forget it…. killing champions… forget it…. now the game is alive and exciting again. Good job guys, your doing a fantastic job. Here is hoping the game is still around several years from now.

P.S. don’t raise level cap just keep adding content, if character levels get too high people don’t want to create alts…. ala… WOW!! I’m done with that game, its Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar and if Wildstar doesn’t knock my socks off…. GW2 all the way.

Dynamic quests really make this game come alive, this is the best questing game out, all others … BORING…. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Create player housing and you have a game more will flock too.

Best games out in order: 1. Guild Wars 2 2. Wildstar (hoping) 3. WoW 4. Star Wars Old Republic Everything else is waste of time.

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Its definitely the best of a bad bunch.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Yes guild wars 2 is currently " the best" but not because its extremely amazing though its because the other MMO’s are way worse.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Best of the Bads, yes

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Considering gw2 hasn’t had any real competition since release, it only makes sense that it’s one of the best on the market atm. Once some of the other bigger mmos are release this year and next, we’ll see how things go for anet.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

I want to like Archeage but the graphic and the combat put me off. The rest is rather interesting though.

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

This is true, but what Harbinger and everyone else said is true. But if Everquest Next and Black Desert were to hit the shelves tomorrow………………Anet would be so quick to release not just an expansion but probably GW3 LOL :P .

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Its missing gvg and or territory wars, thats my big issue with gw2
Google blsck.desert online. Ganna be.insane.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Most enjoyable of all currently available medieval high fantasy MMORPGs, but not of all currently available MMOGs. (my opinion, obviously)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

wildstar, EQN, blackdesert, etc

Wait for those to get into the market…ESO was easily a flop and that was known since beta. That games gonna die quicker than SWTOR lol.

GW2 is a casual players fantasy MMO.
But no true hardcore MMO player enjoys this game because it really lacks endgame, real pvp and real competition.
Everyone’s a winner in this game, you don’t need to do much in order to win here lol

There hasn’t been any new PvP mode since freaking release – that shows me anet doesn’t care all that much about PvP…No trinity also pretty much means its no where near as competitive (in terms of teams, not 1v1ing) as other MMOs that have trinity in their PvP

The loot/itemization is shameful. No sense of progression period. You hit 80 in a week or less. Once you hit 80, you basically have the gear you need to do anything in the game other than really hardcore min maxing WvW or high level fracs…

Dungs/fracs are worthless and lame- tokens for a skin and a few gold… literally hardly any reason to do dungs.. fractals sure you can grind and grind for the same reward you can get in other parts of the game (besides frac skins)

PvE build diversity is non existent. Everyone is in zerker, theres literally no reason to even theory craft about build diversity in PvE lol. Everything works yay!!

Zerg zerg zerg content is the rest of the game.
Want to get a legendary or anything of value ? hop on the champ train or WvW zergs lol. or any meta chain events
Spam 1 with a guardian staff, profit. Real sense of achievement there….

If you consider an MMO as best that only has skins/gemstore as the endgame than by all means go for it… but realize its not a valid opinion to a lot MMO players…

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Nobody said GW2 is not one of the better MMOs out there…The issue is that most players are getting tired of the the bi-weekly new gem store hats and gloves….Also the devs have abandoned the players on the forums/CDI/etc….but it is a free to play after all and not sure what else everyone really expect in terms of contents…In other words all the contents that the initial $60 game purchase paid for are still in the game…Nobody promised the players more contents than that….But the bi-weekly gem store hats are starting to get really dull….EDIT: We at least expect the bugs to be fixed and but noooo, that hat needs more brushing to look shinier in the store….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Best of a bad bunch.

I am looking forward to archeage/eqn/blackdesert when they are released.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

As a player who enjoys role-playing, it helps that I’m way into the lore of this game. I’m almost done with the first novel, Sea of Sorrows, and will soon read Edge of Destiny, then Ghosts of Ascalon.

That, and having my girlfriend, my bro, and other close friends (all of which also enjoy RPing) to play with easily makes this my favorite game, hands down.

Is it perfect? No, but it’s still a blast to play. And I have confidence that Anet has big plans for the future of the game. C’mon, Tengu and the Domininon of Winds!

So in short, yes. GW2 is best MMO!

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The time of regular MMOs is as good as over. People enjoy a good story, and it just cannot be told with 1000 others jumping around in circles.

In a good single player version of GW2, we would have been in Lion’s Arch, when the attack started. We would have seen the devastation taking place and the panic and suffering of the people. We would have seen stuff collaps, airships attack, an invasion taking place. We would have started a futile attempt to defend the city, and we would have failed.

What did we get instead, a suddenly ruined place with more mobs to kill. A farm train, and 1000s of blade shards to loot.

I pretty much think, the future of the genre is found in hybrid games like Destiny which have a strong single player and an additional multiplayer layer as option.

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

I am one of those casual players and for that very reason I will play GW2 until the servers shut down or GW3 comes out.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

I went back to " that game which shall Not be named. " No Gold spam, No Champ train, No champ train spam, and… No WoW trolls… I think they all came here, so I went over there… and so far….peace… Am still playing gw2…and Hoping it improves…. but " the best"??? Not by a Long shot.. unfortunately, the 800 Lb gorilla is now better but not because it improved….but because since megaserver…. gw2 has gotten worse.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Pretty sure WoW has vastly bigger numbers of players compared to GW2. GW2 is a pretty good mmo, I enjoy it but it’s far from perfect in a market where many have tried to topple WoW’s domain and have failed.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Pretty sure WoW has vastly bigger numbers of players compared to GW2. GW2 is a pretty good mmo, I enjoy it but it’s far from perfect in a market where many have tried to topple WoW’s domain and have failed.

That’s because WoW has been around for a very long time and when it came out it was something completely new for a lot of people. It held the market for such a long time because there was virtually nothing competing with it that came even close in quality. So of course no other MMO can do quite as well because today’s MMO environment is not the same as it was back in 2004, there is a lot more competition and players are spread out a lot more.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

April 14th, I would have agreed with you. But, since the update to traits… well, it’s still one of the best, but only because WoW also managed to shoot itself in the foot too many times.

I’m trying to find other MMOs that work for me.

Posted by: Trickeri.9871

Trickeri.9871

How did I not know about Black Desert until reading this thread? Holy crap it looks amazing.

The mechanics of gw2 are great, just wish there was more forms of pvp to make it more competitive and less casual.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

April 14th, I would have agreed with you. But, since the update to traits… well, it’s still one of the best, but only because WoW also managed to shoot itself in the foot too many times.

I’m trying to find other MMOs that work for me.

Me too
I have been happily loving this game since Beta

The Megaserver broke me- today is patch day and what am I doing?
Installing some single player games I have been meaning to play and checking ArcheAge forums trying to make up my mind if I want to spring for $150 or $100.
Me, who don’t like PvP much and detest mounts

Take note Anet- before April 15th that money would have gone to gems, today I am not even sure I’ll bother downloading the patch.
(and yes Bazaar and gauntlet was my favorite 2 Living Story releases)

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

It’s best among all the free to play trash which isn’t saying much. It could have been a fantastic game, one of the best MMOs even, if it was subscription based but instead we got B2P with almost no permanent content besides the base game and Anet taking their sweet time with even the smallest of fixes because the devs are too busy churning out gem store items.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

…and Anet taking their sweet time with even the smallest of fixes because the devs are too busy churning out gem store items.

I agree. We should get them modellers and animators onto fixing bugs, stat!

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

…and Anet taking their sweet time with even the smallest of fixes because the devs are too busy churning out gem store items.

Ah, I love this argument. Maybe, just maybe, they could hire more of those who work on bugs and class balance instead of those who design and model the umpteenth bland outfit for the cash shop on a bi-weekly basis. That won’t happen though because the former not only costs more money but has no direct positive effect on the gem store revenue.

Why would Anet spend money on fixing things or bringing in more permanent content when the kind of players F2P garbages are aimed at don’t really care about anything as long as there’s a new pair of bunny slippers in the store every week so they can log in, do the living story chapter that can be finished in three hours, purchase a limited edition pet that farts rainbows or something and be satisfied?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Ah, I love this argument. Maybe, just maybe, they could hire more of those who work on bugs and class balance instead of those who design and model the umpteenth bland outfit for the cash shop on a bi-weekly basis. That won’t happen though because the former not only costs more money but has no direct positive effect on the gem store revenue.

Why would Anet spend money on fixing things or bringing in more permanent content when the kind of players F2P garbages are aimed at don’t really care about anything as long as there’s a new pair of bunny slippers in the store every week so they can log in, do the living story chapter that can be finished in three hours, purchase a limited edition pet that farts rainbows or something and be satisfied?

First, we have no idea of what Anet’s budget is, nor how many people are working on certain things.

For all we know, there could be only small team working on gem-store items; just enough people to get by with the occasional person drafted in from another area of expertise (like sound) while they’re on downtime. After all, most of the gem-store updates recently have been a mini, one or two pieces of armour, and the occasional finisher. Heck, they might just put the interns on the gemstore for all we know.

Second, they are hiring more programmers, or at least they got vacancies for that, so that point is moot. As for class balance – as well as bug fixing – not all problems are solved simply by throwing more people at it. All it would mean is that people would QQ more often about how “x is now even more OP, nerf x” when the patch notes hit.

Third, permanant content vs temporary has nothing to do with it. Why? Because the people working on the temporary content could quite easily be assigned to work on permanat content and they could adapt their shedule to the change. For example, there are allegedly 4 content teams who work in cycles to produce the 2 week temporary content, and they have around 2 months to develop the content – they release and get to work on their next release two months down the line (and before you mention it, content designers aren’t neccesserily programmers – bugs are introduced through the tools they use to create content). Take two teams off, and you’d adapt the shedule to have monthly events instead.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Hey there,
since this thread has turned into a discussion about other games than GW2, we’ll now close it