Best Method for crafting Ascended Gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

Q:

I just returned after a long hiatus, and I seem to have fallen out of the loop with Ascended Crafting in general, but mostly the rhythm I had. It seems I struggle to make my daily CDs, and I was told it’s on an account-wide cooldown now instead of discipline specific.
I have 500 Weaponsmith, Artificer, Tailor, Huntsman, and I think Leatherworker. I want to finally finish my Spinal Blades backpack, get a full set of Ascended Weapons (only have a Greatsword and Focus currently), and also help my girlfriend get up to that crafting level as well, as she loves the skins.

So, now that all the backstory is gone, what is the ideal method to craft ascended weapons with spending minimal gold?

EDIT from below post: I think my question got a little confused. I want to craft everything. And before every day I would farm the materials. But I can’t remember what zones for what items. I’m only looking at weapons for now, so I only need Ore and Wood, but I don’t want to go across all of Tyria just to find what I need. I only want to farm what I need for that day (assuming I make the time-gated and refined part once a day), then go on to other things.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

(edited by Dalent.9358)

Posted by: Bandini.6185

Bandini.6185

A:

Chest farming in Silverwastes is your best option for the mats you need to craft Vision Crystal. If you dez what you drop, you will also get a good amount of T5 ore and wood. If that’s not enough for the time-gated refinement, another good spot is Orr, especially around Pagga’s Waypoint.

Regarding T2-T4 ore and wood, I usually go to :
- Blazeridge Steppes, Terra Carorunda Waypoint for Iron (need 90 a day) and Tukawa (30 a day)
- Bloodtide Coast, exit of Lion’s Arch, for Iron, Platinum (60 a day), Tukawa and Pine (60 a day)
- Timberline Falls,Thistlereed Waypoint for Platinum and Pine
- Gendarran Fields, Snowblind Waypoint for Gummo (120 a day) but not sure if there isn’t a better place somewhere else

My guess is that you won’t get enough T2 wood, but if you gather everything you see, and dez everything you loot in Silverwastes, you will have enough money to buy the remaining wood you need.

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

getting them from fractals

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

https://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7389 you can also try searching what item you wanna craft on this site

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

If you are going to craft all the parts required set aside a week of crafting. For a full set of armor; plan for at least a month.

Creating the base ascended material that then gets turned into the refined material is time gated on your account to one per day. The refined material, however, is not time gated, and even tradable. If you have the spare coin, the fastest way to get what you want is to purchase said mats off the trading post.

Plan to spend an average of 4g per piece, except Damask which is closer to 17g.

Spinal blades are tougher because blade shards trickle out of the current loot tables. As long as you have at least one blade shard, you can start making more using the mystic forge with these and watchwork sprockets.

IIRC you need 3000 blade shards total to make a full ascended spinal blades in the color of your choice.

Obtaining sprockets on your own is also time gated, tied to the farming node in a home instance. These are also tradable as well, and run about 8g per stack of 250.

I’m currently crafting an ascended set of Keepers armor for my guardian, and I’m kind of in the same situation you are in, as my needs are damask, steel, and sprockets. Running dungeons and farming silverwastes gets me the gold I need to purchase the required silk to make the time gated mats each day. I let them pile up until I salvage the required wool/cotton/silk, etc to make the refined mat, usually I do this at the end of a week period and make a few at once, making smaller purchases just to fill in the gaps to refine all I have available. (unless you are starting from zero mats, it is cheaper to buy what you need and refine it than purchasing the refined ascended mat on your own)

It’s just going to take time, and the more gold you have the faster the process becomes.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

getting them from fractals

I believe the OP is talking about weapons as opposed to trinkets.

In that instance, the cheapest way to obtain an ascended weapon is through getting lucky at Tequatl and having an ascended weapon chest dropping. Alternatively getting lucky with random champions (or possibly any mobs) dropping ascended weapon chests, but of course this is quite rare.

I would recommend you buy the ascended materials from the trading post (Deldrimor Ingots, Spiritwood Planks etc) as they are rather cheap. I don’t think weapons require Bolts of Damask, but if they do, I recommend you craft those yourself as they are 3x more expensive.

Dalent.9358

I think my question got a little confused. I want to craft everything. And before every day I would farm the materials. But I can’t remember what zones for what items. I’m only looking at weapons for now, so I only need Ore and Wood, but I don’t want to go across all of Tyria just to find what I need. I only want to farm what I need for that day (assuming I make the time-gated and refined part once a day), then go on to other things.

Edited this into main post.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

Dalent.9358

Chest farming in Silverwastes is your best option for the mats you need to craft Vision Crystal. If you dez what you drop, you will also get a good amount of T5 ore and wood. If that’s not enough for the time-gated refinement, another good spot is Orr, especially around Pagga’s Waypoint.

Regarding T2-T4 ore and wood, I usually go to :
- Blazeridge Steppes, Terra Carorunda Waypoint for Iron (need 90 a day) and Tukawa (30 a day)
- Bloodtide Coast, exit of Lion’s Arch, for Iron, Platinum (60 a day), Tukawa and Pine (60 a day)
- Timberline Falls,Thistlereed Waypoint for Platinum and Pine
- Gendarran Fields, Snowblind Waypoint for Gummo (120 a day) but not sure if there isn’t a better place somewhere else

My guess is that you won’t get enough T2 wood, but if you gather everything you see, and dez everything you loot in Silverwastes, you will have enough money to buy the remaining wood you need.

This is the exact answer I was looking for. Thank you very much You are a scholar and a saint.

Elzareth – Asura Mesmer