Best update in GW2 History

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sidewynda.5410

Sidewynda.5410

Just back from a walk to the other side of the building, and there are absolutely no issues with the download on our side. It’s a meaty download, to be sure, but I advise that you just sit tight and let it do its thing, or you could try again later in the day when traffic may be lower.

Most of us have been sitting tight at speeds of 20KB/sec here in the EU (im in the UK) with 1 file remaining and considering how big the patch is, that’s a long wait.

^^ This. I’ve been “sat tight” for around two hours now. I’m also running teamspeak, and everyone in the UK in my guild have the same problem.

Posted by: metallkette.4831

metallkette.4831

Set camera settings for horizontal and vertical to 50% and field of view maxed, and it feels like you’re playing a RTS game. Could change WvW, before I had to do a lot of camera repositioning, now I just look down on my tiny little character.

Godchewer – Charr Warrior
Those are brave men. Let’s go kill them.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

I can see!!! I can see!!!

So much Thx!

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

I don’t like to be the messenger of bad news, but after your download is finished you have a buggy patch. Weird issues with guild chat, strange voices in your characters head, strange colours on some objects (green/blue/brown Great Jungle Wurm), some skill lag. Some of this can be because of many people downloading the patch, some of it can be an early April 1st, but the guild chat bug is real. At least sometimes for most players. Oh, and the known workaround (change in-game status to invisible and back) can kick you from the game. It is random, some have it, some not. I hope the issues will be solved tomorrow afternoon (1700 UTC) when I will continue playing GW2. For today I have seen enough!

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Actually, I recieved GW2 patch and I HATE experience bar. Its killing my eyes and bugging the kitten out of me.

ANET did great job, but why ruin exp bar?

Also, thanks for PING shower, we needed it since like launch.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: Custer.6217

Custer.6217

Still busily flickering my way through the final file – 350 MB so far? “Connection errors(s) detected. Retrying…” flickers on and off, while the kb/s veers between 150 and 0. Before I followed the advice to close the window and then restart the download, I was well into 99%, at a total of over 1000 MB; the last file but one took a minute or so, but this final one is suspiciously huge.

Attachments:

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Yep, this patch is beyond buggy.

Posted by: Hana.8143

Hana.8143

“Some” skill lag ? You’re really kind. It’s unplayable ^^

Posted by: LeX.9526

LeX.9526

what is with this game, i cant make any update, is like this for last 45 min

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

Its been stuck in “initializing” for well over 20 mins now.

I’ve tried closing client completely, didn’t help. Tried restarting my computer, didn’t help.
What is up with this patch`? I live in the EU and this is broken. I cant play the game i want to play.

Attachments:

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

The OP spelled “Bugged” wrong. It’s spelled “Bugged” not “Best”…..
Seriously – so many bugs: Guild chat, guild build queues, forming parties, hearing emotes map wide, items not stacking properly in inventories, WvW portal lag, skill lag, Ranger pet “avoid combat” not working and these are just the ones that I have personally encountered…..

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Been stuck like this for a couple of hours now. It’s not actually downloading anything despite claiming to be.

Attachments:

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Fakkahe.3108

Fakkahe.3108

People that have trouble updating do this! After you changed this, start the client again!

Sorry for the swedish OS!

Attachments:

Posted by: Custer.6217

Custer.6217

Oh, there’s a space before -StreamingClient, no wonder my computer wouldn’t accept the change before – thanks!

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

I’ve tried closing client completely, didn’t help. Tried restarting my computer, didn’t help.
What is up with this patch`? I live in the EU and this is broken. I cant play the game i want to play.

I was having the same problem but than i started clicking around the white space on the gw window, it looks like the “Play” button is there but not visible, once i hit it by accident the game started, try clicking around it, at one point it even took me to the reset password page.

Posted by: Dotcher.1065

Dotcher.1065

The London CDNetworks CDN servers are performing abysmally for me, 151.249.94.8 in particular is almost unusable (huge numbers of TCP retransmissions).

For a quick workaround, pointing the client to a US-based CDNetworks server helped a huge amount. I added this to my hosts file allowed me to complete the download:

174.35.21.204 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I was having the same problem but than i started clicking around the white space on the gw window, it looks like the “Play” button is there but not visible, once i hit it by accident the game started, try clicking around it, at one point it even took me to the reset password page.

OMG! This actually worked!

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

“Added a flashing effect when hovering over map legend icons to indicate incomplete POIs, vistas, tasks, skill challenges, and waypoints.”

Thank you so much for this! More inclined to do Map completions now

Posted by: Jozeiax.8465

Jozeiax.8465

must be the beta streaming client feature has messed it up?

i’m in london and i can’t get past the initalizing part… clicking all over the thing doesn’t work for me

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

Finally downloaded, still total lag fest and unplayable.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

No issues to report here – Playing in North America. Are the problems region specific?

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

sounds like the problems are UK specific – been stuck on that one file since patch first came out

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

YOU KITTINGING ME?

(it worked)

BUT SERIOUSLY ANET???? WHAT THE KITTEN IS THIS!!!!!!

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Downloaded without a hitch. Everything working great here (North America).

Posted by: blubberblasen.3901

blubberblasen.3901

TY FOR THE BEST PATCH / UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NEVER HAVE GAMER SICKNESS IN THIS GAME !!!!!!!!!!!

TY 4 THE FOV SLIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

it is indeed a very awesome update.

we celebrated in ratasum

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I ran CM Asura path with some guildies. We could see what was going on in the basement halls!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Yep, this patch is beyond buggy.

Yes. I’m laughing about it now and I don’t entirely understand why. I think my mind snapped when I decided to report some of the bugs that were popping up for me, like the broken guild chat, when I found that my Bug Report window was also broken.

I’ve gone mad. LOL

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Maya.8715

Maya.8715

Me it loaded quite well. 2 MB / Sec throughout

Starting game now and will be sure to check the total makeover kit :P

Win 7 Ultimate//ASUS P5Q Pro//
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST Edition//Intel Core 2 Duo E8500//8 Gigs or DDR2 RAM//240 GB SSD

Posted by: Maya.8715

Maya.8715

Hmmmmmmm….now the game believes I’m not in a guild when trying to communicate with others. Relogged twice so far to see if it would go away ^^

Proof attached!

On this note, I will reboot computer now and relog every 10 minutes to see if it will fix itself :P

Attachments:

Win 7 Ultimate//ASUS P5Q Pro//
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST Edition//Intel Core 2 Duo E8500//8 Gigs or DDR2 RAM//240 GB SSD

Posted by: JerryMain.4371

JerryMain.4371

Change status to invisible and back to online, should fix it for at least some time

The Only One [One] – Piken Square

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Fixed an issue in which players could take repeated falling damage when running down steep inclines.

omg! OMG!!!! I love this patch now!

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

Posted by: Victuswolf.5286

Victuswolf.5286

I would say its one of the worst patches since release. The amount of game breaking bugs this patch comes with puts it up there with the worst. It’s ike no testing went into this before going live.

The other issue is they make it so teleports require a target to reduce the mobility of classes using them (mostly thief even though thieves are suppose to be the most mobile profession) but they don’t do the same for Warrior Great Sword Charge or Ranger great sword leap or 1 handed sword leap. That to me isn’t right or fair or balanced. Why should Warriors and Rangers be the most mobile professions who escape sweeping mobility nerfs?

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

One of the best updates foreva in my life.
Ping going steady 350-65-345-66
hearing voices all over the place
fps decrase by 10%
game freezes for 5 sec when looking tables in spvp (B button)
graphic glitches everywhere
ppl still can teleport vertically
fly hacks here and there
… thank you I am going to sleep early today.

Posted by: Nikku.3562

Nikku.3562

This worked for me too. Super weird bug here.

Founder of Agenda [GNDA] – an LGBT-friendly guild

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

My download came in at ~950 MB. That sure seems like a lot of code to change how the camera works!
What all was in this???

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

Sooo best update in the game? Really???? Just the sheer number of bugs makes it one of the worst. Yes, the change to the camera is nice but the rest of the update is really bad. When you can’t even report a bug because the bug report option is … well… bugged, it’s not the best patch ever.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Its the worst update in GW2 history. 6 days late and still the most buggy patch ever.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

As a necro player who has been playing for 2.5 years and come to see that 16 of our traits finally get fixed in DOWN STATE… it shows what arenanet thinks of this class..

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Posted by: MorDread.2378

MorDread.2378

UM new camera? not for me. Same old camera no new view or anything. nothing changed. And before someone says anything yes I have fully downloaded everything and still nothing and yes I have closed the client and restarted etc. Think you need to go back and resolve issues here. Something is definately not right.

Posted by: MorDread.2378

MorDread.2378

nevermind. seems it didn’t show initially after the patch was downloaded. I had no options for it at first. don’t know why and yes i was looking in the right place. I was not looking in the sound section or any other section like hotkeys. I am not daft. My system for some reason does bug out now and then. As with bluetooth and usb headphones etc and visual studio not showing all options at times. My comp has character.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

I would like to say thanks anet for the camera change, this look like a different game now and it’s so wonderful! You really did a great job!

All my love,
Icdeadcasuals

So glad you’re enjoying it!

If someone is having difficulty downloading, consider completely closing the GW2 window and logging back in. If you have part of the download you will not start over, but merely pick up where you left off. I find this is helpful, at times, in getting a download to complete on what is (as I’m sure you can imagine) a very busy day for the servers.

I just want to make sure you and the development team know this, not everyone shares the OP’s sentiments about the update. I for one feel that you have done nothing in this patch but harm WvW. The unbalanced stabo changes have made fights nothing more than a complete joke where it’s significantly more difficult for a smaller organized force to actually zerg bust a unorganized pug zerg, you’ve needlessly taken the rewards from WvW map completion purely to sate non-WvWers, and you’ve basically given everyone access to eyefinity level field of view on AC’s compounding the siege wars issues.

Not happy with this patch, not one bit.

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Great patch. You just made one of Necromancer’s grandmaster traits completely f__king useless and listed off 16 traits that haven’t been working properly probably since launch that have just now been addressed. Great job… Waiting for the removal of my favorite profession any day now.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

I dropped from solid 30+ FPS to under 15…unacceptable.

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

I am beyond happy with all the camera changes! This is truly the best update that ArenaNet has ever created for GW2 and now I can truly appreciate the amazing art in this game. Better forwards visibility, better FoV, better camera height … better everything really.

Thank you so much for this! Branden Gee and his team deserves a lot of praise for this. <3

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

By far the buggiest, ill-tested, and poorly-rolled out patch since the April feature pack. Two hotfixes, nothing to address the guild chat issues, nothing to address the sound issues (you can hear downed players and shouts across an entire map), nothing to address the universal framerate drop, the shader errors, the lighting and shadowing errors. What the hell?

Wasn’t this the patch that was delayed for “additional QA testing”?

You have got to be kidding me.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

If by best patch in history, you mean that guild chat is broken, random warrior shouts are happening all over, joining parties is broken… the list goes on.

Yeah, it’s a feature pack!

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

Before the camera update hit live servers I was “meh…I don’t need this tbh”. Now I can say: this is the best thing that possibly could happen – to me GW2 now offers an entirely new gaming experience. Still amazed of how much I can see now and I’m still amazed of how beautifuly Tyria is (even after 3.000 hours of gameplay). Really like that I can see big parts of the “upper” city too, not just ground floor hugging. Also WvW was so much fun with maxed out FoV <3 Thank you, thank you, thank you!

PS: any ETA for HoT? :P

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Loaded it within 1minute and with the new streaming client I could go online. Downloaded with 5mb/s :-)

There are a lot of bugs though. I assume the developers are aware of those (random shouts form different classes, guild chat rather broken, lags, disconnects, jungle wurm without shaders etc.).

Camera changes are great! It’s what I expected. Many people seem to have expected something like Skyrim, where you can see your weapons and hands while casting, I lol’d

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

YOU KITTINGING ME?

(it worked)

BUT SERIOUSLY ANET???? WHAT THE KITTEN IS THIS!!!!!!

You’re playing with SweetFX or GemFX, aren’t you?

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season