Black Friday Weekend Sale...check it at BLTC.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

ThePain Train, I expressed my disappointment after all the hype of the announced Black Friday sale. Thats all.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

RedBaron.6058

Just to clarify…I love the game. Having said that, I do not love everything withing the game and BLTC is a good example. It could be used to make way more money for ANet and at the same time to please much more the players.

Using just the example of the skins, why are so few skins available? GW2 community seems to be crazy about characters looks..:)
Make new skins (weapons/armor) or if you dont have enough staff to produce them make a contest between the player community and award gold prizes for the best skins and introduce them as new items. You can even name the skins after its creator increasing the vanity value of designing a new skin. The staff only have to produce in-game skins based on players proposals.

Many other items could be introduced using players creativity…just listen to us..:)

Thank you and best regards,

Red

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

(edited by RedBaron.6058)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

The part that I have a problem with is not knowing what else will be on sale for the remaining days. I allow myself $10 worth of gems per month. That’s it. In the past, I bought 2 extra bank spaces, an extra character bag space for each of 2 characters. A stack of 25 ‘basic’ transmutation stones early on (because I didn’t know any better). The Witch’s outfit (because I wanted the boots and the broom).

I’d love to get more Fine Transmutation stones. I get bored easily with what I’m wearing, and frankly I’d love to change my look as easily as I change my dye colors, and it frustrates me that I can’t do that. I’ve stated numerous times in other threads how cash shops general end up being unfair because they target certain ‘types’ of players with certain play styles, but I’ll even let that go.

Before I (maybe) buy a stack of Fine Transmutation stones, what will be on sale the rest of the week? I don’t want to see ‘more’ things show up that I’d really want after I’ve spent money. I’m sure that’s exactly why they do it, which is pretty hibatious.

Tell me everything that will be on sale for the week, so I can plan how to spend my $10 for the month (or maybe buy another bank slot, which I also really need).

RedBaron.6058

notebene, exactly!

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

This game just started a few months back. People shouldn’t be expecting much from it. At best they could bring back the Halloween stuff again. If they individually sold the skins from Halloween the prices for them ingame would plummet and we’d get hundreds of replies QQing why they made them available and how they were meant to be “rare” and such. This best I am hoping for is to have a sale on char. slots and invent/storage slots.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I don’t think any of the sale is value unless your just paying real cash for gems (and even then it’s a poor deal as i don’t think you get enough gems for the cash). The gold to gem ratio has jumped a lot due to the sale, so it was actully cheaper to buy fine trans stones before the sale than it is now during the sale because of this (they’re 40% off but the conversion is more than 40% higher than it was).

I mean it’s around 2 gold for 125 gems right now!, i recon i’ll wait until the sales over as it’s cheaper to get them that way.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Well for starters, the items for sale are the least purchased items. Which means that they were overpriced. The fact that they are on sale now just means that they lowered the price to a more reasonable level.

Basic retail pricing 101.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well for starters, the items for sale are the least purchased items. Which means that they were overpriced. The fact that they are on sale now just means that they lowered the price to a more reasonable level.

Seeing the amount of whines we had at Halloween about people spending high amount of money on the Keys I do find it highly unlikely that Keys are the least purchased item.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Seeing the amount of whines we had at Halloween about people spending high amount of money on the Keys I do find it highly unlikely that Keys are the least purchased item.

I’m sure those people learned a very valuable lesson. Never buy keys ever again.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m sure those people learned a very valuable lesson. Never buy keys ever again.

Possibly. But going by that data (one could assume they do go with all data since release) those would still (most likely) be the most purchased item.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I still have a lot of transmutation stones left from the Halloween debacle. (40~50)
If the karma or xp boosts go on sale I’ll buy a couple.
Will never again buy keys though, never.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

The poor gold-to-gem ratio makes this a kind of a non-starter for me.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

Advertisement in my mailbox says BIG RED SCREAMING 70%

what is the -70% item ?

40% =/= 70%

It does say UP TO 70% however.
Also keep in mind that there will be discounts during the whole weekend.

Okay then, weekend is over and I will ask one more thime

So what was the -70% item ?