Black Lion Hunters Board [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Putting in an order for slaying of forum bugs …

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

You do not have to trigger it every day, it will continue to mail you what you requested previously unless you change it.

Posted by: Badby Myself.4759

Badby Myself.4759

Question: Does it work even if you don’t go into the instance? I mean you log in, and you’ve previously set it to blood items, does it indefinitely mail you stuff every day of the type you asked for (assuming you log in each day) or do you have to go into the home instance to trigger it each day?

Yes it is mailed to you as soon as you log in OR at reset. You will receive an in game mail with an item you will double click to get your items.

The only time you will need to enter the home instance for this board is to change your material request.

Leader of Legendary Drunken Masters [DUI]
Stormbluff Isle
Badby Myself Commander

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Someone on reddit posted a summary of 58 results:
http://imgur.com/a/qvh1y

If that’s accurate, then the average (pretax) value as of today’s prices is ~24s, with the highest average going to Totems (nearly 50s). 1200 gems costs roughly 330g, so it would take at least 660 maintenance-free days and probably closer to double that to pay for itself.

That’s within range of the 800-gem nodes (less than most of them) and far better than most of the nodes on the TP.

Another way to look at it: in 8 months, just by logging on, you’d end up with an extra stack of any T4 fine mat you chose (plus more T2 and slightly less of the other tiers). Is that 1200 gems worth of convenience for you?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I like this… but it sounds eerily similar to something I read a year ago….

So, why not give us the option of hiring npc workers to farm our home instance and deposit the goods directly into our materials/bank? We would pay these workers some silver each day for their trouble, which would not only be a money sink but also give it some verisimilitude and let us concentrate on more interesting things.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Home-instance-hired-labour/first#post5897819

Now, about that finder’s fee…..

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

Personally I’d love something like this for Guild Halls, except with options to commission materials like Kegs, Glass Mugs, etc.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Zephyr.8015

Zephyr.8015

This item is a complete disappointment. I regret this purchase entirely from the gem store. To anyone who hasn’t bought it, I’d avoid it. The rewards are for the home instance owner only, and the daily mail you get from it don’t justify it’s price of 1200 gems whatsoever.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Here are some other players’ thoughts: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Black-Lion-Hunters-Board

Good luck.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

That means several years of daily usage before you’ll get even.

Exactly which existing nodes take less than several years of usage before breaking even on costs?

all the S1 nodes that only cost laurels and 15G, they barely take a month to get even.

25 laurels and 15g translates to at least 40g of value, since laurels can purchase crafting bags that are worth between 80 to 130 silver after fees, and since laurels are a non-renewable currency (i.e. can’t be farmed).

• Gift of Candy Corn returns 8-12 candy, call it 10, which is worth 4.6s/day before fees. It takes nearly 870 days to earn 40g.
  • Wintersday Tree returns a single Wintersday Gift. That is currently worth 8.92s in fees, 448 days to break even.
  • Gift of Quartz returns 3-10 quartz, call it 8. Each is worth 8.48s before fees, so ~68s/day. 58 days to break even.
  • Gift of Sprockets returns 6-12 sprox, worth 1.99s each pre-fees, call it 20s/day. 200 days to break even.

Regardless, the discussion has been about nodes we can buy from the trading post or from the gem shop. The question is whether the new node is conceivably worth 1200 gems and, as it turns out, its return-on-investment isn’t significantly worse than the other nodes.

The gift of quarts can return also 1-3 charged quartz a day as well if you’re lucky which you can turn into leyline tools making roi significantly less time.

And no one specificied tp nodes only they just said nodes.

Part of the problem with this node for me is i count the value of the mats my friends get as gifts given as roi for myself from the nodes so its a bit kitten this node can’t be shared. If this is true my nodes have all paid for themselves except flax, and this node will never pay for itself.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I bought it and so did my wife and we couldn’t be happier with it. This is our opinion and ours alone and that is your opinion and yours alone.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s no more worth it than any other gem store home instance item. It’ll take years to pay itself off. People don’t buy this for profit. If it actually made you a profit, it would be pay to win. People simply buy it for convenience.

It’s one stop shopping.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Update to my earlier post: you receive the items, but only on the character you first login with. That way i didn’t see the mail (it’s a bit annoying this is not an account wide mail imo).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Fremtid.3528

I think its the one who placed the order…try placing an order with the char you want to recieve the mail on.

Fremtid.3528

Or during a 50% off sale you can spend $34.99 and buy and extra account and get laurels and mystic coins every months which add up to more money over time and you support anet as well see what i mean. I’m just smarter with my money than you.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That means several years of daily usage before you’ll get even.

Exactly which existing nodes take less than several years of usage before breaking even on costs?

all the S1 nodes that only cost laurels and 15G, they barely take a month to get even.

25 laurels and 15g translates to at least 40g of value, since laurels can purchase crafting bags that are worth between 80 to 130 silver after fees, and since laurels are a non-renewable currency (i.e. can’t be farmed).

• Gift of Candy Corn returns 8-12 candy, call it 10, which is worth 4.6s/day before fees. It takes nearly 870 days to earn 40g.
  • Wintersday Tree returns a single Wintersday Gift. That is currently worth 8.92s in fees, 448 days to break even.
  • Gift of Quartz returns 3-10 quartz, call it 8. Each is worth 8.48s before fees, so ~68s/day. 58 days to break even.
  • Gift of Sprockets returns 6-12 sprox, worth 1.99s each pre-fees, call it 20s/day. 200 days to break even.

Regardless, the discussion has been about nodes we can buy from the trading post or from the gem shop. The question is whether the new node is conceivably worth 1200 gems and, as it turns out, its return-on-investment isn’t significantly worse than the other nodes.

The gift of quarts can return also 1-3 charged quartz a day as well if you’re lucky which you can turn into leyline tools making roi significantly less time.

And no one specificied tp nodes only they just said nodes.

Part of the problem with this node for me is i count the value of the mats my friends get as gifts given as roi for myself from the nodes so its a bit kitten this node can’t be shared. If this is true my nodes have all paid for themselves except flax, and this node will never pay for itself.

We’re talking about the Black Lion Hunters Board, so clearly the comparison is other nodes purchasable with coin or gems. The laurel nodes are in a different class altogether, since some people got them via Season 1 achievements.

As to whether this one can pay for itself, what little data we have so far suggests that it’s not any worse and somewhat better than the nodes on the TP and in the gem shop.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If it actually made you a profit, it would be pay to win.

That’s actually a really good point that few bring up in threads about gem shop convenience items.

Posted by: Nevyn Brisk.4506

Nevyn Brisk.4506

{I bought one and I am disappointed by the fact you can’t share it with your guests and insulted by amount of mats it provides, given its gem store price.}

Me too.
I purchased it for the sole intent to share it in my home instance with my guild just like everything else. We even split the cost of it when i purchased it. Had I known you could not share it I would never have got it. I feel ripped off. Very disappointed ArenaNet.

I’m going to see if i can return it.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Good luck with that… I submitted a ticket requesting a refund three days ago, and so far have got zero response.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good luck with that… I submitted a ticket requesting a refund three days ago, and so far have got zero response.

Assuming you got the automated receipt that you submitted a ticket, it can take three business days before you get an initial response. During peak periods, it takes longer; this is probably a peak period.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As to whether this one can pay for itself, what little data we have so far suggests that it’s not any worse and somewhat better than the nodes on the TP and in the gem shop.

That’s only if you consider yourself alone. If you are one of the people that usually invite friends to your home instance when you go in for daily harvesting, that changes.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Assuming you got the automated receipt that you submitted a ticket, it can take three business days before you get an initial response. During peak periods, it takes longer; this is probably a peak period.

The CS Team works 24/7/365, so usually tickets are answered within 72 hours, no matter the day of the week.

It does seem they may be running a bit behind recently, though.

You can try updating your ticket; also make sure to check the spam/junk folders.

Good luck.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s only if you consider yourself alone. If you are one of the people that usually invite friends to your home instance when you go in for daily harvesting, that changes.

First, inviting friends to your home instance does nothing for you RoI, which is what we were discussing. At worst, it means a lower shininess value for you.

Ignoring people who leech off of strangers (or those who don’t share their home instance for whatever reason), the HB is still a pretty good RoI. Some of the TP nodes take much, much longer to refund full value; only the basic lumber pack is comparable and the other gem shop nodes take longer.

The current data suggests that we might get 40-50s of mats from the HB, for 1200 gems. Compare to mithril which is 600-1400g on the TP, i.e. at least 2000 gems worth, and yet returns under 10s/day. Compare to the basic ore pack, 800 gems, returning 10s day.

In other words, it’s still a pretty good deal for anyone. Less so for folks who are willing to ensure that every day, for years, they will invite multiple people to their home instance, more so for those who don’t.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

I was just about to buy it, but after reading all this, I will pass. Definitely does not sound like it’s worth the price.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Ok… I got a response to my request for a refund:

“Unfortunately, we are unable to refund the Hunter’s Board at this time. We do not have a way to remove the item from your home instance. We are encouraging everyone to go to the forums to voice their complaints and their concerns as the developers are looking at what is working and what is not working with this item. Please be aware that a post may not necessarily receive a response from a developer but they are looking.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

GM Your Highness
Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Or during a 50% off sale you can spend $34.99 and buy and extra account and get laurels and mystic coins every months which add up to more money over time and you support anet as well see what i mean. I’m just smarter with my money than you.

You can get it cheaper than that from Amazon (you don’t need HoT for the daily rewards).

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If it actually made you a profit, it would be pay to win.

That’s actually a really good point that few bring up in threads about gem shop convenience items.

And the nodes will pay out, eventually. It’s a matter of patience and if the game survives the 2-3 years some of them might take to profit.
But, assuming no tragic devaluation over time, inflation will steadily make each of those nodes worth it a little faster.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632