Bloodstone Crazed Creatures Event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

At least this is now “fixable” now that Levvi’s Device correctly shows whether or not a creature has been killed on a particular map. It just takes someone to organize a big enough group.

Does it really?

All I see is a tiny red cloud that you have no chance of seeing unless you are fully zoomed in, that pops up for a millisecond and then vanishes.

Perhaps the Devs thought that players would enjoy a ‘clever’ new puzzle game where players have to decode and identify the information contained in the little red cloud?

There is an animal under each cloud. Standing on some sort of cliff edge and facing out is the ideal viewing location.

Granted, my video card isn’t amazing (it’s an R9 280x), but even on max settings all I get is a single red cloud that goes instapoof. There are no animals, and the cloud lasts less than a second.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

At least this is now “fixable” now that Levvi’s Device correctly shows whether or not a creature has been killed on a particular map. It just takes someone to organize a big enough group.

Does it really?

All I see is a tiny red cloud that you have no chance of seeing unless you are fully zoomed in, that pops up for a millisecond and then vanishes.

Perhaps the Devs thought that players would enjoy a ‘clever’ new puzzle game where players have to decode and identify the information contained in the little red cloud?

There is an animal under each cloud. Standing on some sort of cliff edge and facing out is the ideal viewing location.

To be more exact, there is a teensy, tiny black mini under the red cloud that’s there for 2-3 seconds. You have to know ahead of time that you need to stand on a high enough rock or cliff face, turn so you’re facing the overhang and click the gizmo. Then the minis will briefly appear.

(Ok. I can see designing this thing this way, but did they never check it to see how well it works in the game before releasing it? No one ever noticed that it will clip into the ground and that the minis are absurdly tiny? Why wasn’t it made with the mini on top of the red cloud, and bigger?)

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

If you look out in front of me, you will see a couple sparkles (instapoof). That sparkle lasts maybe half a second. That is all I ever get, on every map. Even when on the map where everyone is waiting. I’ve seen the Dulfy screen that shows a nice red cloud and an animal underneath. I have never seen that. Just a fraction of a second poof.

Attachments:

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Honestly, they should’ve just reused Scarlets invasion at this point.

Localized event spawns of blood crazed mobs, kill enough with in the time limit, get the boss to spawn and kill.

Only problem would be the event taggers

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I waited a few days for the bugs to be worked out and finished it in a day. Visible minis are too small and gone too soon but if you are on any of the maps that can spawn one of the beasts at phase change your odds are about 100%. A couple of misses with people not knowing if a spawn happened or not but since it will be in game from now on and it is 3 days from actually being released not a huge rush.

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

If you look out in front of me, you will see a couple sparkles (instapoof). That sparkle lasts maybe half a second. That is all I ever get, on every map. Even when on the map where everyone is waiting. I’ve seen the Dulfy screen that shows a nice red cloud and an animal underneath. I have never seen that. Just a fraction of a second poof.

That is during the half hour break when no creatures spawn.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Which often last way more than half an hour.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Which often last way more than half an hour.

At least 45minutes the last time I had to wait around.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

BS for bloodstone, not what the other

I double click the thing, can hardly see which creature it is, go to a map that has that type of creature and wait in the zerg for about an hour and nothing. I keep clicking the detector and sometimes it spawns one red blob or 4, sometimes there are creatures there, sometimes not. Sometimes the detector shows nothing. I can’t wait forever, so if there is some trick, please let me know. Why can’t the detector ping something in the chat box, like Moa is up next, or Moa is dead on this map, or something? It’s a huge waste of time, and normally I would go do something else, but I want the new shinies….

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

First off, the BS creatures only appear on 3 maps, so despite the fact Queensdale has moas, you won’t see the BS Moa there.

Second, I agree that the visionary device is flawed, but if you’re expecting to see an imagine in the red blob, you wont, the images show right under the red blob, they are black and hard to make out if you’re not zoomed in, they only appear for a few seconds and you won’t see them at all if you’re up against the ground. For maximum clarity, click the detector when standing on a ledge or some thing facing open air, zoom in slightly and focus on 1 creature at a time.

Lastly, the rotations. This piece of the puzzle is flawed, 2 of the creatures show for an hour each, and one is supposed to show for 30 minutes, but those 30 minutes seem to overlap either the first or last half of 1 of the 2 creature hour rotations, I even saw 4 appear once. Once all 5 creatures have appeared on the rotation, the device goes into a 30 min break where it shows nothing. Players think it’s bugged, but it’s intentional.

Look at Dulfys guide for BS creature event, it shows each creature, the 3 maps they could spawn and pictures of 1 spawn location and an outline of the rotation cycle. For the creatures that could spawn in newer maps such as TD, you may want to try one of the older spawn maps as most people will crowd on the newer maps. Finally, though pictures on Dulfy may show where it was killed on that day, that doesn’t mean that’s always where the creature will appear, it could show up halfway across the map, but if yoy see the text flash across your screen a BS crrature has been spotted, the champ icon will be visible if you look at either the mini or regular game map for that location. You’ve got atleast 2-3 minutes to haul over to that location before it goes down.

I wouldn’t recommend d going for 2 creatures in 1 sitting, because you may end up disappointed, though, it is possible to do if you kill the popular creature first (popular meaning it dies fast) then go for an unpopular one like the shark which took awhile to kill.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

This is unquestionably the worst designed event in all of GW 1 and GW 2. How could developers with any experience at all think this was well designed?

I think that’s still the Mordrem Bloom events. This is a strange design though, like the team hasn’t learned from past events.

Astralporing.1957

Lastly, the rotations. This piece of the puzzle is flawed, 2 of the creatures show for an hour each, and one is supposed to show for 30 minutes, but those 30 minutes seem to overlap either the first or last half of 1 of the 2 creature hour rotations, I even saw 4 appear once. Once all 5 creatures have appeared on the rotation, the device goes into a 30 min break where it shows nothing. Players think it’s bugged, but it’s intentional.

It doesn’t always work like this, actually. Seen wyvern up for an hour. Seen more than one half-hour break in the rotation. Seen half-hour breaks that are hour long. Seen mobs device showing a certain setup for few minutes, then going back to previous one that has aready ended.

Generally, the only thing you can count on is not being able to count on anything.

(though i agree, Mordrem Bloom events were worse)

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

The design of the device is ..interesting. And by that I mean it’s amateur, apparently untested on anything but level ground and so unintuitive a chimp could throw something together by accident and probably make it easier to understand. It’s an insult to the asura who made it. In fact, I don’t believe Levvi made it at all. She’s better than that. This is some cheap knock-off that the Consortium threw together to cash in on her name. No wonder the consortium tracker who took it got himself killed using it.

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

its not as bad when u finally figure out how everything works in the event. Just the lack of information and wiki entries is one of the main problems. If everyone knew exactly how the event worked…they wouldn’t care enough to complain about the other many problems it has lol. Just do it…i farmed bloodstone fen while waiting in a squad. Find a squad doing them…join it. Go farm and wait for them to callout where/when the creatures spawn….do them….go back to farming….repeat. Hopefully ur squad will call out the enemies before they are below 50%….had to jump through hoops to find a 2nd arc because they didn’t call it out properly the first time.

Anyways the reward for the whole thing is cool enough. Ive done it….won’t be doing it again lol. Less to complain about now, but it needs alot of work still. The concept is cool just….it just needs some major work and clarity.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

Astralporing.1957

its not as bad when u finally figure out how everything works in the event. Just the lack of information and wiki entries is one of the main problems. If everyone knew exactly how the event worked…they wouldn’t care enough to complain about the other many problems it has lol. Just do it…i farmed bloodstone fen while waiting in a squad. Find a squad doing them…join it. Go farm and wait for them to callout where/when the creatures spawn….do them….go back to farming….repeat. Hopefully ur squad will call out the enemies before they are below 50%….had to jump through hoops to find a 2nd arc because they didn’t call it out properly the first time.

And then you may find, as my friend did, that most of the squad members are doing the same and only commander and 2-3 other people are actually looking.

And yes, lack of information is the main problem, but it comes as a result of the event working in a way that makes getting any reliable information on it really hard. I mean, we can’t even get a schedule right, because no matter how much you keep adjusting it based on past experience, you still end up seeing exceptions from it.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

I’m starting to wonder whether the detector can bug out an not show you that anything is up for long periods of time… I just played for an hour where it said nothing was up. But as soon as I logged out and logged back in, it showed shark and arctodus.

Of course it’s hard to report that as a bug since I have no way to know if it was really bugged or what it was really supposed to show at any particular time – which goes back to the idea that this is a pretty awful way to have event tracking setup.

Posted by: Drant.5902

Drant.5902

I made a timer for the creatures: gw2timer.com/tile

It’s not always accurate because the game’s timing have some randomness in it, so check your Levvi’s Device to be sure what creatures are up. Nevertheless you can use the timeline to expect what creatures you still need.

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

I just got all of them in a day. It’s easy once you understand the mechanics.
I used Dulfy’s guide to help me figure out what to do.

http://dulfy.net/2016/08/09/gw2-bloodstone-sightings-current-events-guide/

This is the basic process.

1) Go to Verdant Brink Wyvern Cliffs (north area) and get the device.

2) Once you have the device use it and it will show you what is creature is currently up in the rotation.

The order of the creatures are as follows
Moa/Devourer (1hr)–>
Arctodus/Shark (1hr)–>
Wyvern (30 min) –>
Break (30 min)

Notice the timers of each. What that means is that for that hour that creature will be up in all maps which contain that creature.

I will list where I have personally hunted each creature to make this simple.

Moa = Snowden Drifts, Haven Point: [&BLkAAAA=]
Devourer = Dry Top, Repair Station [&BJcHAAA=]

Arctodus = Snowden Drifts: Lornar’s Gate

Shark = Mount Maelstrom: Old Sledge Site

Wyvern = Verdant Brink: [&BPsHAAA=]

3) Hunt the creature according to the device
Now the way it works.
Moa/Devourer are up for 1h then
Arc/Shark the next hour
Wyvern is 30m
Break for 30m

So if moa/devourer is up at 2.
2:00 – 300 = Moa/devourer
3:00 – 4:00 = Arc/shark
4:00 – 4:30 = Wyvern
4:30 – 5:00 = Break
Repeat

The goal is to find a map during these time slots and kill these creatures until the crazed one spawns on the map.

(edited by Icethorn.6570)

Astralporing.1957

The order of the creatures are as follows
Moa/Devourer (1hr)–>
Arctodus/Shark (1hr)–>
Wyvern (30 min) –>
Break (30 min)

Notice to the above: those are only general estimates. There seems to be some random effects tied to it, so you can’t really count on it too much. Sometimes some phases will be longer (or shorter). Sometimes they will be out of order, or happen two at the same time (that includes break phase).

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

I had no idea this was even a thing until I saw someone with red glowing eyes near the bank and wondered why the glowing crimson mask had changed.

Followed the dulfy stuff and now I`m waiting for the wyvern to spawn and hoping it`s not like in the others — most of the creatures spawned in a different map location from the guide.

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

I had no idea this was even a thing until I saw someone with red glowing eyes near the bank and wondered why the glowing crimson mask had changed.

Followed the dulfy stuff and now I`m waiting for the wyvern to spawn and hoping it`s not like in the others — most of the creatures spawned in a different map location from the guide.

If Dulfy and the other external timer map providers all quit, this game would be dead within a month.

Anet’s ability to provide clear information in game has always been poor but this event is so poorly designed it’s beyond belief.

Astralporing.1957

The guide doesn’t really show the spawn location. It cannot, because the location is not set. The boss can spawn anywhere within that zone where a mob of that type can spawn (so, anywhere there are normal moas, devourers, bears, sharks or wyverns).

Actions, not words.